Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,239 members, 7,846,129 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 10:59 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (8855) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11837897 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8852) (8853) (8854) (8855) (8856) (8857) (8858) ... (16237) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 1:53am On Jul 03, 2020
ChrisKels:

This boy blew me away today.

I wonder why the noise on Maddison, Mount et al, when England has Foden
Sincerely, if anyone deserves noise from the 3 Lions youth, its should be Foden. See his outright confidence and pace?

Replacement for Silva... Id say its justified. Funny the boy is proving why he needs a shirt next season. lol.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 1:58am On Jul 03, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
Victor Moses literally "flying" up and down the right wing in Inter Colors.j

#InFullFlightAtInter.

This pic bringing back some memories of Victor's best wing displays in the GWG. Vic still go it. wink
He and Ighalo have a high chance of waltzing into the WC team. Lol
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:08am On Jul 03, 2020
A World Cup two years from now? With Osimhen and Chukwueze expectedly at a higher level of "Monster-ness" by then. Or a Chidera Ejuke, Dennis Bonaventure and Moses Simon in higher beast modes?

Naaah... I think not. Lol. But time will surely tell.

daveP:
He and Ighalo have a high chance of waltzing into the WC team. Lol

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:10am On Jul 03, 2020
I rate Phil Foden highly. I agree he is David Silva's perfect replacement. Lad is going to the top if he keeps at it. Very very technical player.

daveP:
Sincerely, if anyone deserves noise from the 3 Lions youth, its should be Foden. See his outright confidence and pace?

Replacement for Silva... Id say its justified. Funny the boy is proving why he needs a shirt next season. lol.

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:15am On Jul 03, 2020
tbaba1234:
Usman Mamadou Simbakoli has signed a 5 year deal with Lille.

He is a 19 year old striker of Nigerian and Central African Republic Origin.

Lille to land Usman Mamadou Simbakoli from Angers

Ouest-France and Foot Mercato report that Ligue 1 side Lille have prised U19s attacker Usman Mamadou Simbakoli away from Angers.

The goal machine, who has scored 16 goals in 13 matches this season, has recently refused a professional contract offer from Le SCO, this despite multiple meetings taking place between his advisers and the club before the proposal was made.

Simbakoli will turn 19 in a matter of hours, but there is a strong belief among a number of sources that the player has already signed a 5-year deal with Lille.

Of Nigerian and Central Africa Republic descent, the player is understood to have negotiated and agreed to this deal back in February with Les Dogues.

You all recall this post by Tbaba1234? Well here is your confirmation. wink

Lad was announced as a Lille player officially several hours ago (on July 2) by Lille's official account.

The name is Usman Mamadou Simbakoli. And he is 19.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Clint02(m): 5:16am On Jul 03, 2020
TheSuperNerd:

Lad was announced as a Lille player officially several hours ago (on July 2) by Lille's official account.

Will he be playing for the first team?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:49am On Jul 03, 2020
benji93:
Why are you changing your goal post man. grin. Oh now he doesn't quite have a hollow cheek, but it's gotten more chiseled. His face muscles are not even relaxed. Besides his face has always been like that, even in his Schalke days.

Wow. Sane must have added and lost it. There was the case of Sane being in love with coke and forced to stop it. Because, he looked far more trim in these pics. Still highlights my point. Extreme fitness shows in the face.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:01am On Jul 03, 2020
ChrisKels:

Komekn this right here is how a true analyst talks, you just a fanatic, a garrulous one at that, u ain't an analyst.

Why is he right? Are you telling me you do not need high fitness to play for PSV? Or Benfica? These are teams that have played high tactical games for decades. What about Athletic Bilbao? What about Monaco?

Villareal under Pellegrini. Van Gaal's Ajax. Monaco under Wenger. Dortmund under Sammer. Bayer Leverkusen in the time of Basturk, Ballack, Ze Roberto and Lucio. These are ages ago.

What about Hector Cuper's Valencia, Benitez Valencia, Irureta's La Corona?

There was a time most teams in England did not align to the modern game, while in Spain, for a long time, almost, if not all teams did. In the Holland, a lot did.

So it is not about the EPL but the modern game which requires all players to put in lots of work. High fitness is a big part of it.

Attacking me will not give your point credence.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 6:08am On Jul 03, 2020
TheGoodJoe:

Why is he right? Are you telling me you do not need high fitness to play for PSV? Or Benfica? These are teams that have played high tactical games for decades. What about Athletic Bilbao? What about Monaco?

Villareal under Pellegrini. Van Gaal's Ajax. Monaco under Wenger. Dortmund under Sammer. Bayer Leverkusen in the time of Basturk, Ballack, Ze Roberto and Lucio. These are ages ago.

There was a time most teams in England did not align to the modern game, while in Spain, for a long time, almost, if not all teams did. In the Holland, a lot did.

So it is not about the EPL but the modern game which requires all players to put in lots of work. High fitness is a big part of it.

Less u forget... SOAKING up knowledge too sitting on d BENCH is very important grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:09am On Jul 03, 2020
elyte89:

Less u forget... SOAKING up knowledge too sitting on d BENCH is very important grin grin

See Foden. Sitting on the bench did not stop him from improving.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 6:09am On Jul 03, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
Victor Moses literally "flying" up and down the right wing in Inter Colors.j

#InFullFlightAtInter.

This pic bringing back some memories of Victor's best wing displays in the GWG. Vic still go it. wink

Dis man is still needed in d set up cool

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Barryseal: 6:21am On Jul 03, 2020
Conte is criminally underrated outside Italy.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:23am On Jul 03, 2020
cc: TheSuperNerd - Don't know if you have followed the coaching adjustment in Manchester City.

Juan Manuel Lillo: Man City appoint Pep Guardiola's new assistant
Guardiola played under Lillo at the end of the City manager's playing career

Manchester City have named Spanish coach Juan Manuel Lillo as the new assistant to manager Pep Guardiola., replacing Mikel Arteta.

The well-travelled 54-year-old coached Guardiola at the end of the City manager's playing career when the pair were at Mexican side Dorados.

City will be Lillo's 20th coaching assignment in a sixth different country. He became La Liga's youngest manager when he guided Salamanca to the top flight at the age of 29 in 1995, and has since managed the likes of Real Sociedad and Real Oviedo, and worked as an assistant to Jorge Sampaoli with Sevilla and Chile.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.skysports.com/amp/football/news/11679/12003605/juan-manuel-lillo-man-city-appoint-pep-guardiolas-new-assistant

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Barryseal: 6:24am On Jul 03, 2020
The managers of Bayern Munich simply knows the transfer market.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:30am On Jul 03, 2020
cc:TheSuperNerd

How a six-month spell in Mexico set Pep Guardiola on road to coaching greatness
Manchester City’s manager made only 10 appearances for Dorados de Sinaloa in 2006 but his coaching education took a great leap forward there

The pair had first met in 1998, when Guardiola played for Barcelona in a 4-2 win over Lillo’s Real Oviedo. “At the end of the match he knocked on the changing room door and he told me: ‘I love your teams, I’ve heard great things about you, can we be friends?’” Lillo says. “How the hell could I not want to be friends with a player I admired as much as Guardiola?”

They stayed in close contact and when Lillo took charge of Dorados he found that Guardiola was easily persuaded to join him. Shielding the defence in Lillo’s favoured 3-4-3 formation, Guardiola scored once but suffered persistent injuries that restricted him to 10 league appearances. “He already had a coach’s mentality,” Lillo notes, and they would talk for hours after training each day about the importance of possession and different ways of reading the game.

While Guardiola had already been well schooled in possession-based play under Johan Cruyff, Dorados’ former assistant coach Raúl Caneda believes he and Lillo helped the Catalan to refine his understanding of collective positioning, defending from the front, and the idea that defence and attack are not separate entities.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/football/blog/2016/jul/30/mexico-pep-guardiola-coaching-manchester-city

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:31am On Jul 03, 2020
Barryseal:

I will miss Sane.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 6:35am On Jul 03, 2020
komekn:

It has taken three seasons and 66 games to score 8 goals in the EPL.

Does that mean we should wait for three seasons more before he reaches that milestone.

Meanwhile it is widely claimed that he is IN- FORM. If that's is IN- FORM what on earth is off form.

We all know he has been struggling

It doesn’t mean it will take him 3 more seasons again

He might score all that goals next season ,you never can tell
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 6:36am On Jul 03, 2020
Barryseal:

All are good transfers

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 6:37am On Jul 03, 2020
Barryseal:
Conte is criminally underrated outside Italy.

Very underrated

Winning the epl in his first season without even spending much

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 6:42am On Jul 03, 2020
TheGoodJoe:

Read my post again, I was posting in your favour. I said you gave a verdict without unnecessary bias and prejudice like a true analyst, unlike Komekn whose verdicts are always influenced by fanaticism

Komekn this right here is how a true analyst talks, unlike you(komekn) who is just a fanatic, a garrulous one at that, u ain't an analyst

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 6:49am On Jul 03, 2020
TheSuperNerd:

When next are we assembling another U20s? This boy and Ugochukwu need to be fast tracked into our youth system asap.

Neither of the two have been capped by France at any level. While Ugo is keen on a chance with Nigeria, I can't say same for Usman though, but there is no how he would opt for CAR ahead of Nigeria
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 6:56am On Jul 03, 2020
jihday:
not me at all, this no be hate, I'm not saying he's not good but let's talk true if Chelsea want to challenge for the championship I'm not sure they should be looking at Abraham to spearhead their attacking line.

All I know is that Abraham got a good season

You guys will always twist things as far as Tammy is concerned

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 6:57am On Jul 03, 2020
TheGoodJoe:
If A player is not highly technically gifted, he can be pardoned. If he is not highly tactically gifted, he can be pardoned. However, lack of intense workout to maintain optimum fitness is inexcusable.

Foden's level of fitness can be seen in his jawline and cheeks. The young man is working hard to make the cut.

I hope our players take their fitness seriously.

But pep doesn’t develop young talents
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 6:59am On Jul 03, 2020
ChrisKels:

This boy blew me away today.

I wonder why the noise on Maddison, Mount et al, when England has Foden

They won’t be noise about foden because he is playing under Guardiola and I like the fact that there is no hype around him

Watch this guy time to time and see he has a lot to offer

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:06am On Jul 03, 2020
andrewbaba44:

How? What of Pedro? His work on Pique was magnificent. What of Busquets? Guardiola was unbelievable with Joshua Kimmich and has done a good job with Zinchenko.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:07am On Jul 03, 2020
andrewbaba44:

Sorry. You were being sarcastic. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:09am On Jul 03, 2020
ChrisKels:

Read my post again, I was posting in your favour. I said you gave a verdict without unnecessary bias and prejudice like a true analyst, unlike Komekn whose verdicts are always influenced by fanaticism

grin grin grin cheesy grin

You really confused me here.

I need some re-schooling
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:12am On Jul 03, 2020
ChrisKels:

On a serious note, I speed read your post and read this as is.

It came to me as komekn is right here.

Point noted.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Barryseal: 7:24am On Jul 03, 2020
andrewbaba44:

They won’t be noise about foden because he is playing under Guardiola and I like the fact that there is no hype around him

Watch this guy time to time and see he has a lot to offer
There's actually hype around him. Those in the know at the city academy rated him above Sancho
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:42am On Jul 03, 2020
I'm aware of Pep's new assistant. I understand he is like a mentor to Pep. That's very interesting.

TheGoodJoe:
cc: TheSuperNerd - Don't know if you have followed the coaching adjustment in Manchester City.

Juan Manuel Lillo: Man City appoint Pep Guardiola's new assistant
Guardiola played under Lillo at the end of the City manager's playing career

Manchester City have named Spanish coach Juan Manuel Lillo as the new assistant to manager Pep Guardiola., replacing Mikel Arteta.

The well-travelled 54-year-old coached Guardiola at the end of the City manager's playing career when the pair were at Mexican side Dorados.

City will be Lillo's 20th coaching assignment in a sixth different country. He became La Liga's youngest manager when he guided Salamanca to the top flight at the age of 29 in 1995, and has since managed the likes of Real Sociedad and Real Oviedo, and worked as an assistant to Jorge Sampaoli with Sevilla and Chile.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.skysports.com/amp/football/news/11679/12003605/juan-manuel-lillo-man-city-appoint-pep-guardiolas-new-assistant
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:43am On Jul 03, 2020
I also laughed at your long reply but I didn't wanna interfere. I knew you would see your error eventually. Looolll... grin

Meanwhile, I will gladly help with that re-schooling.

"Yara Yara! Please bring that Plank neurolyser" grin

TheGoodJoe:

grin grin grin cheesy grin

You really confused me here.

I need some re-schooling

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:49am On Jul 03, 2020
Cc ChrisKels

Our new boy at Glasgow Rangers, Calvin Bassey Ughelumba, 20 yrs, has finally been unveiled officially by the club.
The young left back and ex-leicester youth defender is ready to rock and roll in Scotland. Thanks goodness he will have Aribo for company. wink

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (8852) (8853) (8854) (8855) (8856) (8857) (8858) ... (16237) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Odunayaw(m), johnjunior39(m), femicyrus(m), elyte89 and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.