Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,420 members, 7,846,758 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 10:59 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (8857) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11840453 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8854) (8855) (8856) (8857) (8858) (8859) (8860) ... (16240) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 9:59am On Jul 03, 2020
Danielnino00:

Sorry, you made no point..

You are just being unnecessarily sentimental..

Foden made his first team debut for city in 2017. Since then,he has been largely a bench warmer. The excuse was that he is still young and still learning..

Like u said,CHO was hyped when he first started playing,but now the hype have died down.. how's Foden own different ?
Why should anybody hype a bench warmer?
If you crammed the internet well,you will see articles praising Foden after his performances in cup games for city....

Meanwhile, Mount, Madison and Grealish that u mentioned have been ever present for their clubs this season..

Linking everything to Guardiola makes no sense.. Guardiola hasn't committed any crime to warrant unnecessary hatred from the British media..He isn't the first top class manager to come and unsettle the balance in the premier league either...

Smiles

I don’t need you to agree with me as far as Guardiola is involved ,I know all of una ,wasn’t expecting you to say I made a point

Yes he isn’t a regular but with his few 16 epl games this season and 3 goals playing for a star studded city then he deserved to be hyped like others

I repeat foden is not hyped like others because he is playing under Guardiola

I said what I said .

Foden 29 games 6 goals 8 assists this season and he isn’t regular like others

As far as you hear Guardiola you will always disagree

I repeat I don’t need you to get my point .

Eod
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 10:00am On Jul 03, 2020
komekn:

If l said that about Victor Osimhen was not good enough for Chelsea.

What do you think will be the reaction here.

Thats the hypocritical double standard that we are talking about.

Don't mind them o jare...

Me, I'm not in support of the bias and hate towards Tammy. That guy na baller and he will still improve

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:01am On Jul 03, 2020
edi287:
Nice lil thrownback by @randaandrews on Twitter.

Nigerian players then and now(NPFL alumnus)

1. Shehu Abdullahi - Kano Pillars > Bursaspor
2. Odion Ighalo - Julius Berger > Man United
3. Ahmed Musa - Kano Pillars > Al Nassar
4. Karo Etebo - Warri Wolves > Getafe

How long ago were these pictures taken.

Curious apart from Ighalo they all look relatively the same after how many years.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 10:01am On Jul 03, 2020
Blueelf:

Conte had the financial backing more than Klopp.

Liverpool had to pay off debts before signing players...

We were nearly brought to bankruptcy by our former owners before FSG corporation took over and signed klopp

Oya how much did conte spend before he won the epl ?

Someone that had to use fring players like Moses

Nobody was giving conte the chance to win the epl

But he did wonders

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 10:03am On Jul 03, 2020
andrewbaba44:

Oya how much did conte spend before he won the epl ?

Someone that had to use fring players like Moses

Nobody was giving conte the chance to win the epl

But he did wonders

I k ow when it comes to Klopp, you bare out your fangs grin grin

So, I won't argue this matter with you further...

Most will agree that Klopp is the best manager in the world now cheesy cheesy..way better than your pep abi na pepsigrin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elunico: 10:03am On Jul 03, 2020
komekn:

You are clutching at straws do justify that unjustifiable. Success has been slated and put aside by successive managers at Watford.

You avoid the substance and hold on too the superficial.

How can you be making reference to dubious accolades of 5 years ago as a claim to competence. That's comical.

Success has had huge DISCIPLINE issues, he has been overweight, unfit, indisciplined, poor attitude, and to crown it all he brought the club into disrepute. Refusing to pay for services rendered by three prostitutes, then having a public altercation in a drunken state. His ATTITUDE is a big issue here.

Chuks Aneke has two years out with injury then returned and quite recently he has come back again after near 8 months out with injury.

Has Success ever been injured for more than 2/3 months ❓ l very much doubt it.

His problems are not a reflection of injury but poor quality and consistency. After 42 games in the EPL and just 2 goals, that is a self explanatory statistic.

You have claimed l rate league one, the word rate is relative. Against in comparison to say the Azerbaijan, Bulgarian and Serbian league, l will say a resounding YES.

I am not sure why the narrative of Chuks Aneke a midfielder and SS mainly has come up. I have not seen anybody considering him in recent times for the SE. Or are you looking at him as serious prospect❓

The bigoted double standard and hypocrisy is astounding here. And you cannot see in front of you because your blinded by prejudice.

Quite regularly there will be talk of players in the most obscure leagues across Europe. But no offence is taken.

The reason why Aneke's name has come up and has remained this long was how animated you've become since Chris Kels called Aneke a waste man, and how you've so diligently defended him.

I shouldn't be making references to Success' time at Granada right? Why are you then bringing up Aneke's MK dons stats Now? Is is happening here and now? Has he been a profitable acquisition for Charlton Athletic? Am I responsible for his injuries?

You keep referring to Success' incidence with them prostitutes, haven't we had players sleeping with their team mates wives, others with their brothers wife? It being said as of he has done something out of the ordinary.

This isn't a comparison between aneke and success, but how biased you are in your views.

We accept, Success is a waste man, Aneke also is, he hasn't lived up to his full potential.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 10:03am On Jul 03, 2020
andrewbaba44:

Smiles

I don’t need you to agree with me as far as Guardiola is involved ,I know all of una ,wasn’t expecting you to say I made a point

Yes he isn’t a regular but with his few 16 epl games this season and 3 goals playing for a star studded city then he deserved to be hyped like others

I repeat foden is not hyped like others because he is playing under Guardiola

I said what I said .

Foden 29 games 6 goals 8 assists this season and he isn’t regular like others

As far as you hear Guardiola you will always disagree

I repeat I don’t need you to get my point .

Eod

I don't get your point because you made no point..

The day you said Sterling didn't win the PFA player of the season ahead of Van Djik because of Guardiola was rhe day I knew you had no point on matters regarding Man City..

You aren't a Man City fan...just a Guardiola fanboy..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 10:05am On Jul 03, 2020
Blueelf:

I k ow when it comes to Klopp, you bare out your fangs grin grin

So, I won't argue this matter with you further...

Most will agree that Klopp is the best manager in the world now cheesy cheesy..way better than your pep abi na pepsigrin grin

I didn’t even mention klopp self but your insecurities as usual

I was just trying to say conte is underrated and that’s all

Lol ,I will respond to you when klopp achieve what pep has achieved grin

Na you start am na you go run ,don’t start what you can’t finish

Ordinary honest question I ask you yesterday you no fit answer

Smh
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:07am On Jul 03, 2020
Blueelf:

I also don't support that in-form assertion about Iheanacho

He is inconsistent..he needs to be more consistent

There is a blind double standard which is so biased.

KC has played 112 games and 5 seasons in the EPL and has scored 22 goals in total.

To many here those are exemplary statistics of outstanding ability. I am sure you will get lots of permutations about minutes played, limited opportunities, etc.

But no matter how you dress it up , its quite OBVIOUS. He is in reality for a £25 million striker consistently poor.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 10:08am On Jul 03, 2020
Danielnino00:

I don't get your point because you made no point..

The day you said Sterling didn't win the PFA player of the season ahead of Van Djik because of Guardiola was rhe day I knew you had no point on matters regarding Man City..

You aren't a Man City fan...just a Guardiola fanboy..

Lol

Weda I be man city fan or not e no consign you ,mancity wey I Dey support during Pelegríni time

I am a Barca fan and I can support who I like ,my love for pep and City no need Dey pain you baba

Abeg I no need you to accept say I get point okay ,I go Dey support my mancity for epl anyday anytime

You don win epl and you still Dey para

Smh
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 10:09am On Jul 03, 2020
komekn:

KC has played 112 games and 5 seasons on the EPL and has scored 22 goals on total.

To many here those are exemplary statjistics of outstanding ability. I am sure you will get lots of permutations about minutes played, limited opportunities, etc.

But no matter how you dress it up , its quite OBVIOUS. He is in reality for a £25 million striker consistently poor.
The Guy is just average.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 10:10am On Jul 03, 2020
andrewbaba44:

I didn’t even mention klopp self but your insecurities as usual

I was just trying to say conte is underrated and that’s all

Lol ,I will respond to you when klopp achieve what pep has achieved grin

Na you start am na you go run ,don’t start what you can’t finish

Ordinary honest question I ask you yesterday you no fit answer

Smh

You didn't ask me any question yesterday MR MAN.

You have me confused with another person.. Maybe Danielninmo
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 10:11am On Jul 03, 2020
andrewbaba44:

Lol

Weda I be man city fan or not e no consign you ,mancity wey I Dey support during Pelegríni time

I am a Barca fan and I can support who I like ,my love for pep and City no need Dey pain you baba

Abeg I no need you to accept say I get point okay ,I go Dey support my mancity for epl anyday anytime

You don win epl and you still Dey para

Smh

Go ahead and call me a sadist..

You can't do better than that .. I can bet my balls..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 10:12am On Jul 03, 2020
Danielnino00:

Go ahead and call me a sadist..

You can't do better than that .. I can bet my balls..

Baba no vex jare grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 10:13am On Jul 03, 2020
Blueelf:

You didn't ask me any question yesterday MR MAN.

You have me confused with another person.. Maybe Danielninmo

Smiles

No be only danielninmo na minimanimo grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Olulong(m): 10:15am On Jul 03, 2020
elunico:

The reason why Aneke's name has come up and has remained this long was how animated you've become since Chris Kels called Aneke a waste man, and how you've so diligently defended him.

I shouldn't be making references to Success' time at Granada right? Why are you then bringing up Aneke's MK dons stats Now? Is is happening here and now? Has he been a profitable acquisition for Charlton Athletic? Am I responsible for his injuries?

You keep referring to Success' incidence with them prostitutes, haven't we had players sleeping with their team mates wives, others with their brothers wife? It being said as of he has done something out of the ordinary.

This isn't a comparison between aneke and success, but how biased you are in your views.

We accept, Success is a waste man, Aneke also is, he hasn't lived up to his full potential.

Kpom!!!

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Sweetgoodie(f): 10:16am On Jul 03, 2020
[s]
NNU0000:
The Guy is just average.
[/s]
shut up
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 10:18am On Jul 03, 2020
elunico:

Before the beginning of the season, Komekn dropped YouTube clips of Aribo,Aneke and Eze and declared that Aneke was the best of the 3

grin.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 10:26am On Jul 03, 2020
andrewbaba44:

Smiles

No be only danielninmo na minimanimo grin

No be only minimanimo, na fernandinho

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 10:27am On Jul 03, 2020
Hmmmm, so liverpool prove to e that they were EWU GAMBIA,

not just 2-m, or 3:1, but 4 okondo.......
Now thats the Tru meaning of EWU GAMBIA

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 10:28am On Jul 03, 2020
Blueelf:

No be only minimanimo, na fernandinho

No be only Fernandinho na firmino grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 10:29am On Jul 03, 2020
do4luv14:
Hmmmm, so liverpool prove to e that they were EWU GAMBIA,

not just 2-m, or 3:1, but 4 okondo.......

Now thats the Tru meaning of EWU GAMBIA

Calm down

They have won the league already

On a normal that game no go pass 2-0
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:30am On Jul 03, 2020
andrewbaba44:

Dem many nah ,you forgot Thiago Alcântara and some few others

Heard Liverpool are closing in on Thiago

Wow. Jurgen Klopp needs Thiago badly. He lacks a midfielder like that. He had it in Gundogan while at Dortmund.

Pep is also doing a fantastic work with Eric Garcia. He was immense yesterday. Especially his calmness to make right passing decisions when put under a high press by Liverpool. Barcelona must be kicking themselves that they let Eric Garcia go.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:33am On Jul 03, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
I also laughed at your long reply but I didn't wanna interfere. I knew you would see your error eventually. Looolll... grin

Meanwhile, I will gladly help with that re-schooling.

"Yara Yara! Please bring that Plank neurolyser" grin

I need to enquire from you something.

They have been calling Van Dijk, VIRGIN all these while. After he was massively molested repeatedly yesterday, is he still VIRGIN Van Dijk?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 10:38am On Jul 03, 2020
TheGoodJoe:

Wow. Jurgen Klopp needs Thiago badly. He lacks a midfielder like that. He had it in Gundogan while at Dortmund.

Pep is also doing a fantastic work with Eric Garcia. He was immense yesterday. Especially his calmness to make right passing decisions when put under a high press by Liverpool. Barcelona must be kicking themselves that they let Eric Garcia go.

Agreed sha

But I don’t know what I can say of Eric García for now ,na defender nah

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 10:39am On Jul 03, 2020
Cool down for where?

After the favour we did them, nah to goan and lossyeyely, being hearing thatm ame looks like a three month pregnant lady, cos of too much buzz

infact wetin consign me sef, laslas dem still be Ewu Gambia

andrewbaba44:

Calm down

They have won the league already

On a normal that game no go pass 2-0
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Utonwanne(m): 10:40am On Jul 03, 2020
TheGoodJoe:

How? What of Pedro? His work on Pique was magnificent. What of Busquets? Guardiola was unbelievable with Joshua Kimmich and has done a good job with Zinchenko.

Seems you missed the sacarsm

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 10:41am On Jul 03, 2020
See wetin liverpool cause, Blue font everywia, since yestarday night,

come oga Joe, no work today?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:44am On Jul 03, 2020
Utonwanne:

Seems you missed the sacarsm

I totally did.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 10:45am On Jul 03, 2020
Thesupernerd, what's the latest on Osimhen deal?

I'm seeing reports that he has returned to France ..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 10:47am On Jul 03, 2020
andrewbaba44:

No be only Fernandinho na firmino grin

No be only firmino, na foden
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Olulong(m): 10:48am On Jul 03, 2020
Just like Ademola Lookman has been trash this season and has been very inconsistent. A player who was bought for 18 million and couldn't score a goal all through the season. And could only score just one premier league goal throughout his time at Everton. No matter how you dress it up, it's quite obvious that he's a poor player
grin

komekn:

KC has played 112 games and 5 seasons in the EPL and has scored 22 goals in total.

To many here those are exemplary statistics of outstanding ability. I am sure you will get lots of permutations about minutes played, limited opportunities, etc.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (8854) (8855) (8856) (8857) (8858) (8859) (8860) ... (16240) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.