Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,053 members, 7,810,934 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:47 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (8898) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11600048 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8895) (8896) (8897) (8898) (8899) (8900) (8901) ... (16122) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 9:12am On Jul 07, 2020
zuchyblink:
at this age they tend to flatter to decieve.very soon the guy will go off the radar

Same way nacho did cool

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 9:55am On Jul 07, 2020
MetalJigsaw:
Iwobi shouldn't see this. These Whites are savage lol .. I think Aribo is better than Iwobi as our AM and its evident.

Although I don't agree if iwobi is totally bad. The thing is hes average and inconsistent.

Aribi is CM not AM he is a Barkley and harvetz form of player wink

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by rabzy: 10:03am On Jul 07, 2020
Edopesin:

Come on man, Black Africans taken as slaves to the USA against their will suffer racism on a daily from American supremacists that weren't even native to North America to begin with

Any race, tribe or colour can be mean and cruel...we just look for excuse to justify such actions..be it colour..tribe. or religious escuse.
The Barbary pirates or moors of north africa took whites and were very mean and cruel to them..the Roman empire was built on blood and toil of the franks, Germanic tribes..the Saxons and Celts..all the tribes of the world except the greeks, were barbarians to be enslaved and misused.
Efunsetan aniwura a warrior chieftain in Ibadan was very mean to her slaves, if any female slave becomes pregnant, they are beheaded.
Slave owners here could do and undo with their slaves. Madam tinubu was of Lagos told a white slave dealer that instead of selling her slaves cheaper she would rather drown them.
Slaves in Africa were often buried with their owners to continue serving in the after life.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 10:05am On Jul 07, 2020
Blueelf:
But these everton fans dey craze sha

Them no blame the person wey deflect ball enter net, na Iwobi them blame

Even the ones here are always not helping matter

Iwobi was subbed out at the first half and there is nothing wrong in that ,he has started their last 3 games ,if he is that bad he wouldn’t have started those games

Majority of them here like mocking iwobi for no reason but they can defend some certain players with the last drop of their blood

No matter how many of them might talk iwobi will remain an important player to Everton next season

Their favorite players can’t do wrong in their eyes but iwobi can always do wrong in their eyes

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 10:06am On Jul 07, 2020
zuchyblink:
at this age they tend to flatter to decieve.very soon the guy will go off the radar

How do you know ?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 10:06am On Jul 07, 2020
elyte89:

Same way nacho did cool

Go off the radar as in how ?

Same nacho still scoring in the epl ?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 10:15am On Jul 07, 2020
rabzy:

Any race, tribe or colour can be mean and cruel...we just look for excuse to justify such actions..be it colour..tribe. or religious escuse.
The Barbary pirates or moors of north africa took whites and were very mean and cruel to them..the Roman empire was built on blood and toil of the franks, Germanic tribes..the Saxons and Celts..all the tribes of the world except the greeks, were barbarians to be enslaved and misused.
Efunsetan aniwura a warrior chieftain in Ibadan was very mean to her slaves, if any female slave becomes pregnant, they are beheaded.
Slave owners here could do and undo with their slaves. Madam tinubu was of Lagos told a white slave dealer that instead of selling her slaves cheaper she would rather drown them.
Slaves in Africa were often buried with their owners to continue serving in the after life.

It's one thing to be mean to your slaves and it's another thing to be racist i.e the feeling of superiority over other race, that's the issue here.... A white supremacist might not necessarily be mean but he definitely is racist

You cannot use these scenarios you wrote in that sense as it doesn't define racism which is more than being mean
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:28am On Jul 07, 2020
peterd53:

Guy, I like u ooo but u too deh overhype tinz. Similar tin happened across top league in Europe this season. Real betis won Madrid immediately after the Classico showdown

Ok.oh l hear.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 10:37am On Jul 07, 2020
Edopesin:

It's one thing to be mean to your slaves and it's another thing to be racist i.e the feeling of superiority over other race, that's the issue here.... A white supremacist might not necessarily be mean but he definitely is racist

You cannot use these scenarios you wrote in that sense as it doesn't define racism which is more than being mean

how about tribalism..bro.
one thing I have noticed Africans are serial hypocrites.

come to think of it.....a black man is safer in America and lot of European countries than Nigeria and other Africa countries where they can be easily killed because of their tribe/religion/social strata etc

no matter how we try to make it look racism is on same pedastal with tribalism.

if we happened to be in the shoes of this white I am so sure by now we won't even wanna see any colored let alone help them get a job

in Nigeria alot of opportunities are there someone from a minority ethnic group can't get simply because of his/her tribe even in marriage we are tribalistic and I am so sure we will openly lamblast the whites for racism in marital choice too
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 11:04am On Jul 07, 2020
you sef dey feel the aroma of the burnt dodo abi? cheesy

jihday:
Guyyyyyyy cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 11:08am On Jul 07, 2020
andrewbaba44:

How many epl teams have striker from academy doing well ?

Are you serious ❓ Below a list of forward players. I use the term forward because these days strikers interchange with Wing play regularly. Such that most striker are wingers as well.

Being able to play on the wing as well as being a striker is a huge advantage.

Rashford
Raheem
Mason G.
Tega
Calvert-Lewin
Kane
Trent Alexander (not a striker but 12 assist)
Hudson Odoi
Nketiah
Saka
Jack Grealish
Zaha
Danny Ings
Mason mount
Reiss Nelson
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Philosopher1979: 11:16am On Jul 07, 2020
https://www.football.co.uk/news/kelechi-iheanacho-could-hold-key-to-ending-leicesters-attacking-woes/717162/

Iheanacho has good link up play and links attack to midfield as a second striker. Read the articlr above

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 11:19am On Jul 07, 2020
komekn:

Are you serious ❓ Below a list of forward players. I use the term forward because these days strikers interchange with Wing play regularly. Such that most striker are wingers as well.

Being able to play on the wing as well as being a striker is a huge advantage.

Rashford
Raheem
Mason G.
Tega
Calvert-Lewin
Kane
Trent Alexander (not a striker but 12 assist)
Hudson Odoi
Nketiah
Saka
Jack Grealish
Zaha
Danny Ings
Mason mount
Reiss Nelson

Me I asked if strikers and here you are bringing others players who aren’t strikers
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 11:21am On Jul 07, 2020
Edopesin:

Haha I won't say he has failed woefully because he has not really been given the chance to play except in the few matches he started last season when Vardy was suspended, And this season is probably his best so far

Leicester should strike some deal with a mid table team and pay part of his weekly, I still have high hopes and believe he will impress

Football na simple equation.

" If you play good, you play more, you play bad you play less or not at all"

Leicester no get academy. That's what's saving him, if not small boy for collect him position.

Second issue Leicester no get money, make we talk true. Otherwise they should know If Vardy injure, season don finish. Na mid table dem go deh.

When l tell people about academy players they dismiss them. If you are going to a team always look at the academy for potential contenders for your position.

In this regards KC has no competition for the number 2 striker position. That's just the reality.

If Osimhen was in Leicester, which is where I think he should go. Brendan will develop him into the next Vardy and a complete striker, he still has a lot to learn.

All this big eye for Manchester United and Arsenal, is not the best for him in my opinion. These are clubs that can bench £50 million pound player if you don't perform.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 11:22am On Jul 07, 2020
Blueelf:

Okay, so, what you're trying to say is that Italy is more racist than England?

It's more complicated than that.

Another day I'll go into detail.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 11:25am On Jul 07, 2020
ChrisKels:

Look below, you will see how the real failures and liabilities are laughing at your yeye post grin grin

Laughing all the way to the bank.

But why are thy in this discourse are they concerned and or remotely interested in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 11:33am On Jul 07, 2020
zuchyblink:

In my experience l disagree.

There are some things you can coach but the eye for goal and finishing for a 18 year old are outstanding.

It reminds me of a certain Rooney when he first came to train at Everton first team as a 16 year old.

I remember one of our Naija players telling me at that time. See one small boy deh disgrace old men for team, that he had to sit up SERIOUSLY in playing with him.

I have seen him play it's not a fluke, to shoot instinctively with such precision left and right foot with very little back lift and limited space.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 11:35am On Jul 07, 2020
andrewbaba44:

Me I asked if strikers and here you are bringing others players who aren’t strikers

How far back do you want to go or is there an age limit ❓
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 11:36am On Jul 07, 2020
Subzero047:

Wow, what's his name
Daniel Thioune
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 11:41am On Jul 07, 2020
humility33:

how about tribalism..bro.
one thing I have noticed Africans are serial hypocrites.

come to think of it.....a black man is safer in America and lot of European countries than Nigeria and other Africa countries where they can be easily killed because of their tribe/religion/social strata etc

no matter how we try to make it look racism is on same pedastal with tribalism.

if we happened to be in the shoes of this white I am so sure by now we won't even wanna see any colored let alone help them get a job

in Nigeria alot of opportunities are there someone from a minority ethnic group can't get simply because of his/her tribe even in marriage we are tribalistic and I am so sure we will openly lamblast the whites for racism in marital choice too

In this regard Nigerians are shallow and shamelessy bigoted with unapologetic double standards.

There are people who are third and even fourth generation born in Lagos. But somehow they are not considered indegenes of Lagos and should not contest election in Lagos state.

If we are to follow the views of tribalists.

Obama is an African that became president of the USA.

Federal capital territory seems to have an unspoken convention you must be from the North to contest election.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 11:44am On Jul 07, 2020
andrewbaba44:

Even the ones here are always not helping matter

Iwobi was subbed out at the first half and there is nothing wrong in that ,he has started their last 3 games ,if he is that bad he wouldn’t have started those games

Majority of them here like mocking iwobi for no reason but they can defend some certain players with the last drop of their blood

No matter how many of them might talk iwobi will remain an important player to Everton next season

Their favorite players can’t do wrong in their eyes but iwobi can always do wrong in their eyes

Fans are very emotive and you must look at Everton what thier value system is based on primarily.

And it's essentially endeavour, hardwork and EFFORT. You must always show these attributes to be a fans favourite.

And if you think Iwobi gets it bad look at Moise Keane imagine how he feels. Once the Darling and rising star Of Seria A and Italian football.

He is fast becoming a Falling star.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:06pm On Jul 07, 2020
Iheanacho stats compared to 3 other young EPL strikers per 90 for the 2019/2020 season.

The three others are Tammy, Gabby J, and Calvert Lewin.

As analysed by a stats Journo, Jide Shogelola (@JadorFixer)

Nacho leads in:
✔Goals per 90
✔Goals+assists per 90
✔Shots creating actions per 90
✔% of shots on target per 90
✔Key passes per 90.

He comes second to Gabby J in Successful dribble attempts per 90.

Having a very decent season indeed stats-wise and otherwise.

The stats also showed Iheanacho is yet to play a thousand minutes of EPL football for a single season.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 12:16pm On Jul 07, 2020
komekn:

Fans are very emotive and you must look at Everton what thier value system is based on primarily.

And it's essentially endeavour, hardwork and EFFORT. You must always show these attributes to be a fans favourite.

And if you think Iwobi gets it bad look at Moise Keane imagine how he feels. Once the Darling and rising star Of Seria A and Italian football.

He is fast becoming a Falling star.

Iwobi is different from Moise Kean

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Samueltemi337(m): 12:23pm On Jul 07, 2020
Despite Inter Milan's €80m bid for Lille striker Victor Osimhen, Napoli remain in pole position to sign the 21-year-old Nigeria International. [Source: Le10 Sport]

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kalapizim(m): 12:26pm On Jul 07, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
How ex-Chelsea star Mikel left Ikamva in awe during training stint at Ajax Cape Town

The ex-Nigeria captain made a brief stop at the Urban Warriors on his way to football stardom highlighted by a long stint at Stamford Bridge

Former Ajax Cape Town chairman John Comitis regrets not accepting the signing-on fee for former Chelsea midfielder John Obi Mikel who had been offered to them in December 2003.

Then a 16-year-old, Mikel arrived in Cape Town for a week-long trial spell and torched Ajax's Ikamva training grounds with some sublime touches that left everyone awestruck.

So impressive was Mikel that then Ajax coach Gordon Igesund had to briefly abandon the former Nigerian's first training session and stormed into Comitis’ office demanding that he signed the teenager.

“After about 20 minutes of training I told the players, ‘listen guys, I’ve got to dash somewhere but I’ll be back’. I left my assistant conducting training and I went straight into John’s office and I said, ‘John, sign this player right now, call him now and sign him right away’,” Igesund told Far Post.
“The boy was in a different league. He was big, strong and he could pass the ball. We tried everything in our power to sign him, but there were a few issues – between Manchester United and another club. I don’t think he had intentions of signing [for Ajax].”

Mikel was already on the radar of Manchester United and Chelsea who later on were involved in a protracted fight for the player’s signature before the Blues later won the battle.

Had Ajax met the R1 million signing-on fee demanded by Mikel and his handler, they might have left the Premier League giants holding some fresh air.

The Urban Warriors could have taken advantage of the fact that Mikel did jot qualify for a UK work permit and sign the player who had the potential of earning them big money from his sale.

“During the first training session, Gordon Igesund came to me and said just sign him. I said I’ll try,” said Comitis.
“He was really special, but they were talking about a R1 million signing-on fee. Had I known what I know today it was cheap at that price, but you never know.”

Not only Igesund was blown away by Mikel, but also former Ajax forward Nathan Paulse who believes that Mikel’s boots were too big for Premier Soccer League (PSL) football.

“We could not believe he was 16 at that time. He was that good. He had authority, he had presence, he was extremely good on the ball,” Paulse said.
“We looked at each other during his first two days and wondered if he was really 16. From a playing point of view, he was amazing. I don’t think playing in the PSL would have done him good.
“His ability was just too good at that age. He stood out immediately, he was extremely calm on the ball. He could run with the ball like a top professional. I don’t think the PSL would have suited him in terms of the actual level.”

It came as not a surprise that Mikel went on to win a Uefa Champions League crown and two Premier League titles with Chelsea.

Mikel, who is now a free agent after recently leaving Turkish side Trabzonspor, also lifted the 2013 Africa Cup of Nations with Nigeria.

Source: Goal

I watched Amokachi on tv before Afcon 2006 leaning his opinions that he would love to have Mikel play a a deep laying playmaker and not 10 as people where wanting him to fill into to Jay Jay's position the.

Da bull and Jose surely saw something we fans weren't seeing.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:30pm On Jul 07, 2020
Nigerian players expected/likely to be in action today across European Leagues - July 07

EPL

✔Wilfred Ndidi and Kelechi Iheanacho (Leicester) vs Arsenal - Away game.

✔Bukayo Saka (Arsenal) vs Leicester - Home game.

English Championship

✔Ovie Ejaria, Michael Akpovie Olise, and Gabriel Jeremiah Adedayo Osho (Reading FC) vs Huddersfield - Home game.

✔Josh Onomah (Fulham) vs Nottingham Forest
- Away game.

✔Tosin Adarabioyo (Blackburn) vs Cardiff City - Away game.

Turkish Super Lig

❔Azubuike Okechukwu (Istanbul Basaksehir) vs Denizlispor - Home game.
**Now, Azubuike has been missing from the match day squads of his side for the last three games. He last appeared and played for them on June 13.

Swiss Super League

✔Tosin Aiyegun and Simon Sohm (FC Zurich) vs Xamax - Away game.

Latvian Virsliga

✔Miracle Chikezie Nwaorisa, Lucky Onyebuchi Opara, Aliyu Yau Adam, Pam Dalyop Samuel and Saminu Kwari Abdullahi (Spartaks Jurmala) vs Tukums FK - Home game.

Norway 1.Division

✔Ifeanyi Matthew and Moses Ebiye (Lillestrom SK) vs HamKam - Home game.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 12:33pm On Jul 07, 2020
komekn:

In my experience l disagree.

There are some things you can coach but the eye for goal and finishing for a 18 year old are outstanding.

It reminds me of a certain Rooney when he first came to train at Everton first team as a 16 year old.

I remember one of our Naija players telling me at that time. See one small boy deh disgrace old men for team, that he had to sit up SERIOUSLY in playing with him.

I have seen him play it's not a fluke, to shoot instinctively with such precision left and right foot with very little back lift and limited space.

Huge part of his game
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 12:37pm On Jul 07, 2020
Samueltemi337:
Despite Inter Milan's €80m bid for Lille striker Victor Osimhen, Napoli remain in pole position to sign the 21-year-old Nigeria International. [Source: Le10 Sport]

Where is the link of inter millan ?

It doesn’t make sense for inter to bid 80 for victor when that place is already occupied

Napoli we know and he is likely to join them

Inter wey Dey find way to pay 20 million and make Sanchez deal permanent na dem wan come buy osimhen where there is still Martinez and Lukaku there ?

Please what’s your source

Hope you are not taking things from All Nigeria soccer serious ?

Many people here will give you a better news than that place
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 12:40pm On Jul 07, 2020
Samueltemi337:

If na only inter dey bid, let him remain in lille

Their CF position is stacked already
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Philosopher1979: 12:43pm On Jul 07, 2020
Kalapizim:
I watched Amokachi on tv before Afcon 2006 leaning his opinions that he would love to have Mikel play a a deep laying playmaker and not 10 as people where wanting him to fill into to Jay Jay's position the.

Da bull and Jose surely saw something we fans weren't seeing.

A deep lying play maker is different from a purely defensive midfielder. At chelsea his creative instincts were obliterated and destroyed. Maurinho is an exteemist. Jorginhi us different fron makelele
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elunico: 12:46pm On Jul 07, 2020
Edopesin:
I hear say Lloris and Son throw way blow on live TV cheesy

Son for re-arrange person teeth
grin grin

After all those military drills.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Melvinity: 12:50pm On Jul 07, 2020
elyte89:

grin bad guy.. Lollllllllzzzz

(1) (2) (3) ... (8895) (8896) (8897) (8898) (8899) (8900) (8901) ... (16122) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Odunayaw(m), jieta, elyte89, victornoah(m), dkay51(m), slimthugchimee2(m), TheSuperNerd(m) and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.