Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,314 members, 7,839,509 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 09:17 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (8983) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11804387 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8980) (8981) (8982) (8983) (8984) (8985) (8986) ... (16213) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 7:17pm On Jul 18, 2020
Edopesin:

hazard is 29 now and had a long injury spell this season so don't expect him to be what he was at Chelsea besides he has won almost everything in club football

He also has trophy this season and I cannot say the same for Messi grin

Lol comparing hazard with Messi ,you kuku know say na joke you Dey so I no need follow you argue grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 7:17pm On Jul 18, 2020
You people that were questioning his physicality and ability to adapt to African football, I included

Aribo: No difference playing for Nigeria or Rangers

The 23-year-old midfielder has drawn similarities between playing for the Super Eagles and the Ibrox Stadium outfit
Joe Aribo has stated he feels no different playing for either the Nigeria national team or his Scottish Premiership club Rangers.

The midfielder was handed a call-up to the Super Eagles in October following his eye-catching performances for Steven Gerrard’s men.
The 23-year-old made his debut for the West Africans against Ukraine in a friendly and has now featured four times for the three-time African champions.

Aribo joined the Ibrox Stadium outfit last summer from English side Charlton Athletic and was a key component of the Gers’ team that finished as runner-up behind Celtic in the 2019-20 season.
The midfielder scored eight goals and provided eight assists in 43 appearances across all competitions for the Ibrox Stadium outfit last campaign.

Aribo explained that just like there are pressures to win games for the Super Eagles, a similar expectation exists at Rangers.

“I'd say playing in front of the big crowds, and we've got 50,000 over at Rangers, so it’s like no different and there’s an expectation at Rangers to win, where also that’s like Nigeria, expected to win”, Aribo told Rangers TV.
“So, I mean, that’s helped me bring that to the international stage. Literally, it is no different to Rangers.
"I mean, we are expected to win every game so it is just like okay, it is the norm now, it's literally become the norm for me so it's no different to being at Rangers."

Aribo started his career with Kinetic Academy before joining Staines Town youth setup and won the club’s academy player of the year award in 2014.
His impressive performances earned him a promotion to the first team and he made 22 league appearances for the side before joining Charlton in 2015.

Aribo spent four years with the Valley outfit and played 81 times, scoring 14 goals before leaving to team up with Rangers.
The midfielder will hope to continue his consistent performances for the Gers during their pre-season games ahead of 2020-21 campaign.

—Goal
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 7:19pm On Jul 18, 2020
komekn:

You are still clutching at desperate Dan straws when you use Wikipedia. And shamelessly trying to change the goal posts. Post calling the kettle black.

What's the issue here the very dishonourable act of negotiating with one club and very dishonourably simultaneously engaging with two other clubs.

The pertinent question and issues is simply that Pogba was not flirting with three clubs at the same time as he was negotiating his contract with Manchester United.

There was no loss of honour and or integrity.

Forgot to add, How can you even bring Sanchez into the discussion. His contract was another to finish in a matter of months and he would go in a free. He had refused to renew at Arsenal.

To salvage matters Arsenal took in Mikhtarian from Manx United. And if I'm correct Sanchez became the highest paid player in EPL history with a mind bogling £600k a week.

All of these examples have no similarity or comparison with the Victor Osimhen situation and all the posturing, claims and counter claims signing with one club but entering into engagement with two other clubs it's simply DISHONOURABLE.

Dishonorable indeed..
You just don't want to admit that Osimhen transfer news gives you pain grin ..
After all the efforts you put into rubbishing him when he was still starting out as a pro,he has disappointed you massively grin

There is nothing going on with Osimhen transfer that hasn't happened in the history of football transfers before!
Players are linked with multiple clubs all the time..
Before Willian joined Chelsea,he already held talks with Liverpool and agreed terms,then he did medicals at Spurs before signing for Chelsea..
These things happen all the time.

And Osimhen hasn't backtracked on his words yet... His agent is the one trying to make more money from Napoli,and that too isn't nothing new..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elunico: 7:20pm On Jul 18, 2020
[quote author=komekn post=91846804]

Why would we talk about Nnamdi when the topic of discussion is Fred Onyedinma, can you explain Oga 2 know.

Exactly, it's Onyedinma who's the most important player, hence, when Wycombe is talked about you bring up his name, it's as if the rest of his teammates are just bunches of planks. Mind you, Ofoborh scored in the playoffs as well.

You just jumped in to allege and denigrate you can't even restrain yourself.

And back to you, why did you not talk about Akinfenwa ❓ Should l not say you are being tribalistic, if l had your level of reasoning.

Tribalistic? Is there even a word like that? Do you even know if I'm Yoruba? Eh? Didinri?

Thankfully l dont so l cannot jump to that conclusion.

I will leave you with two screenshots for you to read (one by his manager) and reset your parochial view that's blinded with emotive prejudice

Did Wycombe struggle when he was absent for 4 months? You were the same person who said we shouldn't take what managers say to the press seriously when Nacho was involved, why should I now?

Before you can say a player has such influence on the team's performance, you have to prove that he has been consistently performing being the best player for the team, playing week in, week out.

Sunday Mba scored goals that handed us the 2013 Afcon title can we attribute all accolades to him, in spite of the likes of Enyeama, Omuero, Emenike, Mikel, Moses and the rest?

Emotive prejudice, parochial, certifiable, experiential, sentimental, dogs-abuse and the rest; a brotherly advise from me, update your vocabulary, you've been boring for far too long now.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 7:22pm On Jul 18, 2020
Utonwanne:

But Hazard is still a flop.

Just one league goal for Madrid in a whole season. Too poor for a player bought 100m and EPL best player

He's not a flop considering he played minutes of just 12 matches in between injuries, I don't understand how you will call hazard a flop
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 7:23pm On Jul 18, 2020
andrewbaba44:

Lol comparing hazard with Messi ,you kuku know say na joke you Dey so I no need follow you argue grin grin

lmao grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Curtisaxel7(m): 7:27pm On Jul 18, 2020
chidi1:
This may sound preposterous to most. However, I was watching the highlights of this 38 year old Adebayo Akinfenwa, to be honest he is not that bad. It would be interesting if he were invited to the Super Eagles, just for kicks....

Yes let them invite him

As a bouncer grin grin

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 7:28pm On Jul 18, 2020
Edopesin:

lmao grin

Ansu fati had a better season that shaku shaku hazard with lesser minutes grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 7:31pm On Jul 18, 2020
andrewbaba44:

Ansu fati had a better season that shaku shaku hazard with lesser minutes grin

how many trophies did ansu fati win this season grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 7:31pm On Jul 18, 2020
Edopesin:

He's not a flop considering he played minutes of just 12 matches in between injuries, I don't understand how you will call hazard a flop

Yes he is not a flop no doubt ,the Spanish media didn’t call him flop because they understand the game

But imagine a 100 million player going to the epl and struggled with injuries the English media will label him a flop immediately with more than 1000 minutes ,even oghenekome for here no go let us here word with the bla bla bla intensity of the epl grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elunico: 7:31pm On Jul 18, 2020
By the time Osimhen eventually signs for Napoli and the time comes for him to make a move elsewhere, I trust Napoli's President to frustrate both him, his agent and the teams who'd be interested in signing him.

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 7:34pm On Jul 18, 2020
Edopesin:

how many trophies did ansu fati win this season grin

Wow ,ansu Fati and hazard are on the same level now grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 7:35pm On Jul 18, 2020
What’s happening to our man Isaac success
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 7:40pm On Jul 18, 2020
andrewbaba44:

Yes he is not a flop no doubt ,the Spanish media didn’t call him flop because they understand the game

But imagine a 100 million player going to the epl and struggled with injuries the English media will label him a flop immediately with more than 1000 minutes ,even oghenekome for here no go let us here word with the bla bla bla intensity of the epl grin

grin
I don't think so, English media also use their senses and will definitely look at game time amongst other things in analyzing high signings even Pepe isn't getting the lashing he deserves
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 7:40pm On Jul 18, 2020
andrewbaba44:

Wow ,ansu Fati and hazard are on the same level now grin
na question I ask o grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 7:43pm On Jul 18, 2020
Edopesin:

grin
I don't think so, English media also use their senses and will definitely look at game time amongst other things in analyzing high signings even Pepe isn't getting the lashing he deserves

Pepe don score 5 goals and arsenal team self ain’t doing well

Who want even put eye there
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elunico: 7:45pm On Jul 18, 2020
andrewbaba44:

Flop of the millennium.

I no longer have eyes on him no more.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 7:47pm On Jul 18, 2020
elunico:

Flop of the millennium.

I no longer have eyes on him no more.

I like that guy o
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 8:10pm On Jul 18, 2020
Gervinho is still balling in Serie A

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Samueltemi337(m): 8:21pm On Jul 18, 2020
Arsenal prove them wrong
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 8:35pm On Jul 18, 2020
Samueltemi337:
Arsenal prove them wrong

Pray it doesn’t end in tears

A real arsenal fan doesn’t believe anything till game over
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Eizzy003(m): 8:35pm On Jul 18, 2020
Arsenal is doing the Lord's work

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 8:45pm On Jul 18, 2020
Mind blowing stats shocked

Ndidi averages 4 successful tackles per match

Against Sheffied United he got 10 successful tackles

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Samueltemi337(m): 8:57pm On Jul 18, 2020
andrewbaba44:

Pray it doesn’t end in tears

A real arsenal fan doesn’t believe anything till game over
it will never end in tears
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 9:00pm On Jul 18, 2020
Samueltemi337:
it will never end in tears

Lol

Okay
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Utonwanne(m): 9:15pm On Jul 18, 2020
Edopesin:

What is he then?

A wonderful buy for Madrid? He can't transform all the physicality, intensity et al from EPL to ordinary la liga. His impact is so minimal that nobody misses him when don't play.

So far, he's a flop!

I pray he comes good next season or we will loan him back to EPL just as Barça will do Coutinho in few weeks

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Utonwanne(m): 9:19pm On Jul 18, 2020
andrewbaba44:

He's justifying his waste man tag!

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 9:19pm On Jul 18, 2020
Utonwanne:

He's justifying his waste man tag!

Lol

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 9:35pm On Jul 18, 2020
Utonwanne:

What is he then?

A wonderful buy for Madrid? He can't transform all the physicality, intensity et al from EPL to ordinary la liga. His impact is so minimal that nobody misses him when don't play.

So far, he's a flop!

I pray he comes good next season or we will loan him back to EPL just as Barça will do Coutinho in few weeks

cheesy cheesy cheesy

Hazard that was under Diego costa shadow at Chelsea but the media will always hype hazard due to costa yeye attitude grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 9:51pm On Jul 18, 2020
Utonwanne:

What is he then?

So far, he's a flop!

He has 7 goal contributions in minutes of 12 matches flop or not Real Madrid won the league and he contributed to it

Real Madrid should quickly wire Chelsea the money
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 9:51pm On Jul 18, 2020
andrewbaba44:

cheesy cheesy cheesy

Hazard that was under Diego costa shadow at Chelsea but the media will always hype hazard due to costa yeye attitude grin

This one na lie
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:53pm On Jul 18, 2020
Congratulations to Arsenal. Big win for them. However, apart from the few chances they created, overall, they were poor and Arteta need to work on improving their game plah massively.

The Goalkeeper of Arsenal is atrocious with his foot. Arsenal needs to keep signing a keeper in mind.

Well done to them.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (8980) (8981) (8982) (8983) (8984) (8985) (8986) ... (16213) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: foxman04, Ikanium(m), lukasa, abbey086(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.