Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,483 members, 7,854,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 10:41 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (9005) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11891073 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9002) (9003) (9004) (9005) (9006) (9007) (9008) ... (16276) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JayromWrites: 7:41am On Jul 21, 2020
sheyishemba:

I've said earlier the quality of the league is the difference ....if nwakali is losing possession in man united I won't have pointed this out coz of the quality and competition in the league

K
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 8:48am On Jul 21, 2020
sheyishemba:

Now back to you i guess you are one of the few illiterate here who bambozzle others with big grammars just to psyche their egos and probably thinks you're relevant ...but bro what's the essence of blowing big grammars without effective communication
Now back to your previous preposition you said Nwakali Is [/b] a typical elite central midfielder[b]
I guess your grammar really exposed your little or no knowledge of semantics I will go through the stress of explaining the adjective you used to qualify nwakali

1.Typical ;- having the distinctive qualities of a particular type of person or thing.
I will like to highlight the attributes the great nwakali posses that could be liken to other world class midfielder of the world e.g modric , de bruyne , Bruno

2 elite :- using elite in the same sentence with nwakali is actually a grammatical error itself

a select group that is superior in terms of ability or qualities to the rest of a group or society

what are the qualities that nwakali posses that makes him belong to this selected group of midfielder and posses such quality that this players have( am talking about grade A midfielders) am talking of likes of Toni kross, Paul pogba debruyne David Silva kante and other players who belongs to this category

based on this I can actually deduce that you have no iota of whatsoever about these adjectives used to qualify nwakali I will imploy the likes of komekn and charlesemeka to teach you more about grammar

All what I see running over you is emotions and like already proven here, you are a bad liar.

Was the post you were referring to talking about Nwakali as the subject of the sentence or Nwakali's stats as the subject?

Typical "stat" of an elite central midfielder

Dude the word Typical, as an adjective, basically stand as an "adjective of nature", now using it to qualify my subject or noun(Stat), the simplest meaning it gives to the sentence is that The stats is similar or reminiscent of what is obtainable from elite midfielders, it does not in any way imply that the player whose stats is being discussed is an elite midfielder.

The sentence was both precise and concise, you are the one misconstruing it and confusing your sorry self with inexistent lexical ambiguity

Lol you really do have a half baked knowledge. Better luck next time grin

Errrrm heed this advice from Nerdy: please, don't twist things like your master, Komekn. He may have taught you the art but you aren't as smart enough to apply it with class...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 9:00am On Jul 21, 2020
Wilfred Ndidi is back on top the tackles table for this season, one ahead of Wan Bissaka

It is interesting because whoever wins the most tackles in their last match together becomes 2020 king of tackles

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 9:01am On Jul 21, 2020
sheyishemba:

You want my attention so badly then you earn
I've seen several fools but some factors make yours very distinct and damn you were super blind when I acknowledged his development i only raised concern about his lose of possession he lost possesion 9 times today iffu ask me thats not good for player that have hyped to the sky like that according to pa Chriskel he is a typical elite central midfielder and mind he is not playing in the championship ,not even in the top 5 best league in europe ,not in eredivise , jupiler ,Turkish league but in Spain second division i only concern raised about this
And another that shows you high level stupidity and your low IQ is I never said I watched the match I only gave my preposition from the stats posted by joebie and the matured dude gave me a sensible reply and was damn curious and i was actually heading to watch the match before I saw your stupid mention
Yh back to igbekeme it like that dude is sleepless night and am damn sure he is driving you crazy for what I said yh i mean every iota of what I said he was the midfielder in zaragoza in pre Russia 2018 and during that time am fucking he should be in top 10 best midfielder in 2018 season he was damn fantastic and this season he is currently the 5th best player in real Zaragoza and currently second best midfielder only guti is ahead of him .....so when you know nothing just STFU
Sorry this screen shot doesn't indicate in any way that Igbekeme was his team 5th best player rather it just listed the team squad numerically with their top scorer with 17goals coming 8th. No match ratings, MOTM or any stat indicative of your assertions.
Do you care to explain?, Cos Iyam not getting it.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 9:04am On Jul 21, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
Transfer reports say Terem Moffi of KV Kortrijk is attracting offers from Ligue 1 side, Brest.

Further reports then indicated that in latest developments, St.Etienne seem to have joined in on the chase.

Terem Moffi could just be moving to France from the look of things. Time will tell.

This lad seems highly rated.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:06am On Jul 21, 2020
Nope, he is an attacking midfielder who can play through the centre and as a winger/side Midfielder. In the end, dude is a midfielder. Let's not twist things to satisfy a false narrative abeg. Merci.

Right now, my attention shifts to Naples. wink

Utonwanne:

Sorry to intrude.

Alberto is not an out and out midfielder

He's an acttacker that can virtually play any role attacking role.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:07am On Jul 21, 2020
Very rightly so. In actuality, four clubs are said to be interested in him but I know specifically of Brest and St.Etienne. I hope he bags a move to France. He is only 20 and can rise further from there.

TheLoneCitizen:

This lad seems highly rated.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 9:08am On Jul 21, 2020
Subzero047:
Wilfred Ndidi is back on top the tackles table for this season, 1 ahead of Wan Bissaka

It is interesting because whoever wins the most tackles in their last match together becomes 2020 king of tackles

lmao Pereira was ahead of everyone for a while but he's been displaced now
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 9:11am On Jul 21, 2020
Subzero047:
Wilfred Ndidi is back on top the tackles table for this season, 1 ahead of Wan Bissaka

He used that 10 tackles against Sheffield to overtake all of them grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 9:30am On Jul 21, 2020
Joebie:
Who goes up to Primera in LaLiga? How is the promotion play-off, when does it start, matches, teams and schedules
Semifinals first leg
Elche or Fuenlabrada against Zaragoza: August 2 (probable)
Girona vs. Almería: August 2 (probable)

Semifinals 2nd leg
Zaragoza against Elche or Fuenlabrada: August 5 (probable)
Almería against Girona: August 5 (probable)

Final
Outbound: August 8 (probable)
Return: August 11 (probable)

I just hope the final pitches Zaragoza against Almeria, which could go either way still to our favour as both teams parade Nigerian players, but I would be rooting for Zaragoza they have really worked hard for this, besides the Nigerian player at Almeria is a bench warmer coupled with the fact that he is there on loan.

Won't hurt to have 3 Nigerian mid fielders in the Laliga next season.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 9:39am On Jul 21, 2020
Danielnino00:

grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:43am On Jul 21, 2020
Joebie:
Osimhen always wanted a guarantee that he would be the main CF. Napoli went for him as their main man. But should they go for a back up, Osimhen will always have to show he is better. Competition is what will keep him on his toes to ensure he always get the starting spot. But if he goes barren after a run of games, even a few games, I expect Napoli fans to become impatient especially considering the anxiety his transfer brought to them. However, I EXPECT Victor to hit the ground running immediately.

There is nothing in any contract that guarantees you get a starting spot.

They manager can promise you everything but if its not written it's just a promise to be easily broken.

When Balotelli came to Liverpool Brendan Rogers promised him everything but gave him nothing. If you ask Raheem why he left Liverpool it was primarily because of broken promises by Brendan.

When people buy experienced strikers a reason is adaptability and consistency.

Nobody has assessed Osimhen attributes and how they will converge with the style of play in Napoli and Seria A. We just assume.

Serious players do a lot of personal homework about a team even before they touch the first ball. The managers philosophy, the team ethos, the influencing characters in the team. Those yoi need to make your friends so you can succeed, etc, etc.

The work starts now.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Eizzy003(m): 9:47am On Jul 21, 2020
Kenya: BetKing Splash a Further Sh100 Million (360,710,415.48 million naira) Into Kenyan Football

Nairobi — Just days after announcing that Nigerian betting firm BetKing will sponsor the Kenyan Premier League to a tune of Sh1.2bn (4,329,270,497.79 billion naira) for five years, the Football Kenya Federation has announced the firm will also sponsor the third tier Division One League for Sh100mn(360,710,415.48 million naira) .

The deal will run for the next five years and clubs in the division will earn grants worth Sh500,000 (1,803,513.38 million naira) annually.

"This is the first time in the history of Kenyan football that the Division One league has attracted a sponsor and so we are happy to announce yet another milestone as we endeavor to raise Kenyan football's commercial value," said FKF boss Nick Mwendwa.

"We believe this deal will not only help ease our clubs' financial obligations but also play a pivotal role in raising the level of competition in the league," added Mwendwa.

The deal now means all top three divisions of Kenyan football are sponsored by betting companies with local firm Betika sponsoring the second tier National Super League.

Another local firm, Odibets also sponsors the grassroot leagues.

The Nigerian company is looking to make inroads into the lucrative Kenyan market and is scheduled to compete setting up its base by September when the two sponsorship deals will be officially unveiled.

https://allafrica.com/stories/202007200935.html

Please how did the NPFL miss this

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:51am On Jul 21, 2020
Danielnino00:

Did you miss the part where I mentioned that Nantes made a bid to sign him permanently?
When Porto refused to sell him,he returned and played a few games before moving to Turkey in January.. he spent just half a season in Turkey but u are making it look like he has been playing in Turkey his whole career..
From Turkey to laliga..

Just be calm,both of us will be here when he joins another club...
No be today u Dy rubbish our players..

I did not, what I said is they offered what they though he was worth. And Porto refused.

It's very simple they did not value him otherwise they would pay. But they were not alone when a player is outstanding he gets a lot interest. But after one season in French league one, NO INTEREST nobody calledhis name.

So he returned to level Turkey.

And stating the facts is not rubbishing a player.

That's how l have rubbished, Ighalo, Obagoal, Iwobi, Victor M., Mikel O., Etebo, Onazi, Yobo,
Ebuehi, Ndidi, Azeez, etc, etc.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 9:56am On Jul 21, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
Very rightly so. In actuality, four clubs are said to be interested in him but I know specifically of Brest and St.Etienne. I hope he bags a move to France. He is only 20 and can rise further from there.

Left-footed. Seems decent on paper also, more than half of his shots are on target.

Was dubbed next Osimhen in 2016.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Eizzy003(m): 10:02am On Jul 21, 2020
Mikel Obi’s Exit Cost Trabzonspor League Title – Turkish Fans - Sports - Nairaland

[url]https://www.nairaland.com/6004913/mikel-obis-exit-cost-trabzonspor [/url]
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:04am On Jul 21, 2020
@bolded... That's not true. Someone, a stats analyst (non-Nigerian), has but it's not on this thread. Didn't share it here because of time and engagements. Truthfully I cannot share everything I see elsewhere here. I don't have the time for that.
But it was quite an analysis using different stats metrics. I went through it and it shows Osimhen is indeed joining a team not far off from the style he is used to.

It showed from a statistical sample of 674 teams that Lille is in the top 10% of teams similar to Napoli in terms of playing style. So Victor should have no problem settling into his new side since he thrived beautifully at Lille.

The only challenge here is the gap in league quality. Ligue 1 is not so similar to Serie A as Serie A is on a higher plane but that is why this is a step-up and a challenge for the lad. He stepped up from Belgium to France and he flourished so easily in France. Now he is making another step-up and joining a side that suits him perfectly. So time will reveal how the story goes.

I personally expect it to be good... And even better along the line.

komekn:

There is nothing in any contract that guarantees you get a starting spot.

They manager can promise you everything but if its not written it's just a promise to be easily broken.

When Balotelli came to Liverpool Brendan Rogers promised him everything but gave him nothing. If you ask Raheem why he left Liverpool it was primarily because of broken promises by Brendan.

When people buy experienced strikers a reason is adaptability and consistency.

Nobody has assessed Osimhen attributes and how they will converge with the style of play in Napoli and Seria A. We just assume.

Serious players do a lot of personal homework about a team even before they touch the first ball. The managers philosophy, the team ethos, the influencing characters in the team. Those yoi need to make your friends so you can succeed, etc, etc.

The work starts now.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 10:04am On Jul 21, 2020
Two-time Italian Serie A champions Lazio have reignited their interest in Nigeria international Simeon Tochukwu Nwankwo.

Tuttosalernitana.com claims Lazio have taken notice of Simy's impressive performances over the course of the season and are plotting a move for the lanky attacker.

It is believed that Crotone offered Simy a new deal in the summer of 2019 to fend off interest from the Biancocelesti.

The 28-year-old has bagged 19 goals in all competitions this term, including 18 in the league and is the joint leading marksman in the Serie B.

He is under contract with Crotone until the end of the 2021-2022 season and is valued at 1.70 million euros by Transfermarkt.

Lazio have in their ranks Nigerian-born winger Bobby Adekanye, who joined the club as a free agent last summer, and has gone on to make 11 appearances for their first team since his arrival.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:10am On Jul 21, 2020
Afobear, My good man and our ultimate thread Villain... I hope you don't bless us with calls of "Aveeeerrraaaaaggee" when our Super lad, Victor is unveiled as Napoli's new #9 soon.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:13am On Jul 21, 2020
Edopesin:

lmao Pereira was ahead of everyone for a while but he's been displaced now

It's a statistics that reflects how the team plays not neccesarily dominance.

You will notice that the top teams are not always represented at the top of the tackles statistics because they spend more time attacking than defending.

So Liverpool, Man City, Chelsea, Man Uaren't close to the top. Although Wan Bissaka is an exception he loves to tackle, but other aspects of his game need improving.

Leicester is very hard working team with an excellent striker in Vardy a hard working defensive posture. Take away Vardy and they will be mid table or below struggling with Crystal Palace and Brighton.

It would be good for Ndidi to leave Leicester to a more forward attack minded team so he can develop the other aspects of his game or he may get stagnated.

Finally, if Leicester can finish 6th they would have done exceptionally well.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:14am On Jul 21, 2020
Yes. Shocking fact is that he came into Belgium from the backwater Lithuanian league and adapted so very quickly.

Signed in January by Kortrijk from Lithuania and went on to win Their Club's player of the month award for January and then for February and then Covid struck. He was eventually named to the club's best XI of the season displacing guys he met when he signed.

A real talent to watch. Hopes he gets a Ligue 1 move.

TheLoneCitizen:

Left-footed. Seems decent on paper also, more than half of his shots are on target.

Was dubbed next Osimhen in 2016.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:15am On Jul 21, 2020
charlesemeka85:
Two-time Italian Serie A champions Lazio have reignited their interest in Nigeria international Simeon Tochukwu Nwankwo.

Tuttosalernitana.com claims Lazio have taken notice of Simy's impressive performances over the course of the season and are plotting a move for the lanky attacker.

It is believed that Crotone offered Simy a new deal in the summer of 2019 to fend off interest from the Biancocelesti.

The 28-year-old has bagged 19 goals in all competitions this term, including 18 in the league and is the joint leading marksman in the Serie B.

He is under contract with Crotone until the end of the 2021-2022 season and is valued at 1.70 million euros by Transfermarkt.

Lazio have in their ranks Nigerian-born winger Bobby Adekanye, who joined the club as a free agent last summer, and has gone on to make 11 appearances for their first team since his arrival.

He got a good deal and a hefty sign on fee.

He did the right thing otherwise he would be playing U23 football at Liverpool and good nowhere.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Unserious: 10:19am On Jul 21, 2020
sheyishemba:

Guy you're a big fool and very sure bunch on monikers here acknowledge your low IQ only guti is ahead of him and very sure you will almost commit suicide when igbekeme gain promotion
Huesca got promoted when gives you the assurance nwakali will clock 90 minute in LA liga despite azzez exploit in segunda division for Granada yet he is not a regular for granada this season
Fool!!!! Imagine you typical elite central midfielder is rotting in the huesca bench what an irony !!!

What's with all the insult na.. Is it that hard for you to converse without adding insult? Please stop it, it makes reading your post seems like reading a retard dairy.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 10:27am On Jul 21, 2020
Rangers midfielder Joe Aribo has revealed that he did not meet his own expectations in his first season at Ibrox.

Aribo joined Rangers in he summer of 2019, penning a four-year deal at Ibrox after leaving English Championship club Charlton Atheltic; Steven Gerrard personally convinced him to make the move to Rangers.

The Nigeria international quickly became a key man under Gerrard, who handed him regular game time and was glowing in his praise. The 23-year old revealed he has experienced a few ups and downs during his stay at the club, but is happy to be at Ibrox.

However, Aribo feels he did not live up to the expectations he set for himself at Ibrox in his debut season, but is aware of the nature of football and insisted overall he has had a good first year.

“I’d say I had a few ups and downs but as a whole I really enjoyed every minute of it,” Aribo told Rangers TV.

“Because you know that’s how football goes you have your ups and downs anyway.

“I’d say I didn’t really hit the heights I wanted to, stats and number wise. But altogether, it was a good year”

Aribo made 27 appearances in the Scottish Premiership last season, scoring three goals and registering three assists, and will be looking to hit the ground running when the new campaign kicks off in August.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Utonwanne(m): 10:30am On Jul 21, 2020
Danielnino00:

I swear��

Anyway, Dem pass Pereira with like 4-6 minutes match.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 10:31am On Jul 21, 2020
French Ligue 1 club Brest want to pay a record transfer fee of five million Euros for KV Kortrijk striker Terem Moffi, according to various media reports monitored by SCORENigeria

RMC journalist Sacha Tavolieri has reported that the striker is the transfer priority at Stade Brestois this summer.

Despite several other interests, the club hope to go all out for the Nigerian striker.

The same source also stated that Moffi’s Belgian club KV Kortrijk demand about 5 million Euros, but that would not deter Brest.

The Ligue 1 club will be ready to smash their own transfer record of about three million Euros when they paid OGC Nice for Youcef Attal.

Interestingly, Kortrijk paid a mere $150,000 for Moffi in January 2020.

He signed a contract for three and a half years.

The 21-year-old striker has since scored four goals in seven matches before the Belgian top league was aborted by the Coronavirus Pandemic.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:32am On Jul 21, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
@bolded... That's not true. Someone, a stats analyst (non-Nigerian), has but it's not on this thread. Didn't share it here because of time and engagements. Truthfully I cannot share everything I see elsewhere here. I don't have the time for that.
But it was quite an analysis using different stats metrics. I went through it and it shows Osimhen is indeed joining a team not far off from the style he is used to.

It showed from a statistical sample of 674 teams that Lille is in the top 10% of teams similar to Napoli in terms of playing style. So Victor should have no problem settling into his new side since he thrived beautifully at Lille.

The only challenge here is the gap in league quality. Ligue 1 is not so similar to Serie A as Serie A is on a higher plane but that is why this is a step-up and a challenge for the lad. He stepped up from Belgium to France and he flourished so easily in France. Now he is making another step-up and joining a side that suits him perfectly. So time will reveal how the story goes.

I personally expect it to be good... And even better along the line.

There is technical ability, natural attributes and mentality.

All through his career he has played as the focal point as a true number 9.

In Lille everything goes through him, he was the Messi of the team. When you get the ball you have one main job find Osimhen.

He uses pace and they in the team use his pace as focus of their attacks. They don't even have to look just drop the ball behind the defence and know Victor will be there. Victor Osimhen did more sprints than any other player in French league one.

I dont think it will be the same in Seria A and in Napoli. That's the challenge.

Mentality, I know about different clubs and the team dynamics RACE is absolutely an issue. Playing in Lille is like being in Lagos you immediately feel at home.

When you go into the dressing room of Crystal Palace and when you go into Burnley it is a TOTALLY DIFFERENT ATMOSPHERE as a black man and how you are welcomed. That attitude in the dressing room can sometimes make or break you.

The only black player l see in Napoli is Koulibaly Eéeeeeee just get as he be. Just hope it works out for him, no more jollof rice it's Carbonera pasta.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 10:35am On Jul 21, 2020
komekn:

He got a good deal and a hefty sign on fee.

He did the right thing otherwise he would be playing U23 football at Liverpool and good nowhere.

U left d main topic abt simmy...and decided to comment on "Bobby " grin grin with just a paragraph.. Bobo yi sick grin grin

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:37am On Jul 21, 2020
elyte89:

U left d main topic abt simmy...and decided to comment on "Bobby " grin grin with just a paragraph.. Bobo yi sick grin grin

I know Bobby but l don't know Simi l still have his number on my phone.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 10:43am On Jul 21, 2020
komekn:

I know Bobby but l don't know Simi I still have his number on my phone.

Didnt see where he asked you that grin grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 10:44am On Jul 21, 2020
Eizzy003:
Mikel Obi’s Exit Cost Trabzonspor League Title – Turkish Fans - Sports - Nairaland

[url]https://www.nairaland.com/6004913/mikel-obis-exit-cost-trabzonspor [/url]

I already know as he left that they won’t win it ,they are a little better team than the boys from Istanbul ,Istanbul team are full of old legs ,Trabzonspor have got more younger players than them

I was also angry that they terminated his contract due to his complains about covid-19

I hope Mikel can join those Istanbul boys and play in the champions league to spit on Trabzonspor face grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 10:47am On Jul 21, 2020
Former Chelsea sports director Michael Emenalo has revealed he was not taken seriously when he recommended Kevin De Bruyne to Chelsea.

In a most revealing interview with The Guardian of London, former Nigeria star Emenalo said he has since been vindicated as De Bruyne is now considered one of the best players in the world.

“My scouts saw what was happening in Belgium,” said Emenalo. “Hazard, De Bruyne, Lukaku, Chadli, Vertonghen, Courtois.

“But they asked me: ‘Since when did Belgium suddenly become Brazil?’

“’Who is this Kevin De Bruyne?’ I replied: ‘I don’t look at passports. I am looking at a player. And this player doesn’t give a bad pass. I don’t know if he will become a superstar, but there is something’. ”

He added: “He was barely 18 years old and a super talent.

“But the first time when I spoke about De Bruyne that he would possibly rival Lampard everyone laughed at me.

“It was the same with Romelu Lukaku. He was 18 years old and I told them to be patient with him for five years. ”

Chelsea eventually signed him for eight million Euros in 2012. He was then loaned to Werder Bremen and sold to Wolfsburg in 2014. He is the now the mainstay of Manchester City.

“His loss was more painful for Abramovich (Chelsea owner) than me. He really gave up. He saw that everything we discussed turned out to be correct,” Emenalo said.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9002) (9003) (9004) (9005) (9006) (9007) (9008) ... (16276) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: trilacos, Melvinity, BankyGee(m), Akerekoroabijawara(m) and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.