Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,561 members, 7,827,094 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:03 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (9008) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11739157 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9005) (9006) (9007) (9008) (9009) (9010) (9011) ... (16176) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 3:22pm On Jul 21, 2020
chrisooblog:
guy i think you are a bit harsh on Aribo as far as Super Eagles is concerned he has impressed me.

2 out of 4 games na pass mark be that na!

Still early days bro. We have been here before.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 2lola: 3:22pm On Jul 21, 2020
I just read somewhere now that China will have the broadcasting right of NPFL with a worth of 200million dollars( highest in Africa).
How true is this someone should confirm

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 3:23pm On Jul 21, 2020
sheyishemba:

Ewu gambia
But seriously ya trying i wonder if they is your real personality you keep hating people who God keep blessing who jah bless no man curse you hated Ighalo now aribo continue wallowing in your hatred

Really? Chai you don'minit grin

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 3:30pm On Jul 21, 2020
this is his first season in scotland. hopefully if he can further impress he could cross over to the EPL in one or two seasons

Philosopher1979:

Aribo is a very good playee BUT he needs to move away from scotland. He can easily make the english league or the very least French league. His perfomance against Brazil was memorable

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 3:31pm On Jul 21, 2020
hardship don affect am mentally
sheyishemba:

Ewu gambia
But seriously ya trying i wonder if they is your real personality you keep hating people who God keep blessing who jah bless no man curse you hated Ighalo now aribo continue wallowing in your hatred

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 3:31pm On Jul 21, 2020
yes early days but until he starts playing rubbish i will still rate him

ChrisKels:

Still early days bro. We have been here before.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 3:33pm On Jul 21, 2020
ChrisKels:

Hahahahahaha dude you are advertising your illiteracy. For you to have said the bolded shows I wasn't wrong about you being an olodo, after all. What does the figure of speech "Simile" say sir?

You wanted to teach me adjective, yet you don't know the major function(to qualify) of an adjective.

Please check this statement. "Greenwood's super strike against Brighton was typical or reminiscent of a seasoned striker", does this mean Greenwood is a seasoned striker?

So in your own small head, you must be an elite player to show any quality of an elite player? grin grin

Omg I don't how am gonna argue with a seasoned fool and not drag me down to his level and beat with up experience
You said greenwood strike is like of a seasoned striker that actually ( thats simile ) but nwakali stat is like that of a typical elite central midfielder is a direct comparism(metaphor) to an elite midfielder I mean world class midfielder in actual sense I can deduced that nwakali has similar type of play with this elite midfielder or posses the same attribute as this players
My question for you is which of this players can nwakali be compared to in terms of his performance yesterday is it Toni kross Paul pogba kelvin debruyne david silva or other grade A midfielder you just keep beating around the bush niii
It just like saying ndidi is a typical elite defensive midfielder in actually sense he can be compare in terms of ability (tackles)with the likes of kante and in terms of interception with the likes of thomas partey et al my preposition here is different from saying osihem header against Chelsea is like that of Cristiano ronaldo
You can take a man out of the bush but the illiteracy is always constant . I will keep on emphazing that komekn and charlesemeka should be taking you English classes

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 3:34pm On Jul 21, 2020
charlesemeka85:

Shey nah person make things hard on am niiii grin

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 3:37pm On Jul 21, 2020
sheyishemba:

In short gabby is better osihmen abegi no start anoda nacho is better mbappe here ohhh
Gabby is currently having a fierce competition with aguero ...Gabby now start, leaving aguero on the bench sometimes the difference is clear even gabby is rated more than firmino in Brazil abegi the class is different gabby is a Grade A striker set awon lewandoski but osihmen is a prospect in Grade B striker set awon greenwood and co.

Gabby is better than Osimhen in what? Gabriel Jesus is a grorified carpenter even Iheanacho is better than him.

He's the only out and out center forward at Man city but Pep prefers to play Sterling as a striker in some matches
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 3:40pm On Jul 21, 2020
Subzero047:

Gabby is better than Osimhen in what? Gabriel Jesus is a grorified carpenter even Iheanacho is better than him.

Nothing wey person no go see for this thread I resist the urge to shalaye have explained my point a well seasoned football pundit and he clearly my point and am damn sure other pundit too understand this point grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by barackodam: 3:42pm On Jul 21, 2020
Lol.

Gabriel Jesús is a grade A striker.

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Nothing Musa no go see for gate

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 3:48pm On Jul 21, 2020
sheyishemba:

Nothing wey person no go see for this thread I resist the urge to shalaye have explained my point a well seasoned football pundit and he clearly my point and am damn sure other pundit too understand this point grin grin

You have to expantiate your point, playing at Man city doesn't make him better than Osimhen

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Philosopher1979: 3:49pm On Jul 21, 2020
2lola:
I just read somewhere now that China will have the broadcasting right of NPFL with a worth of 200million dollars( highest in Africa).
How true is this someone should confirm

Where did u read this from
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 3:53pm On Jul 21, 2020
sheyishemba:

Omg I don't how am gonna argue with a seasoned fool and not drag me down to his level and beat with up experience
You said greenwood strike is like of a seasoned striker that actually ( thats simile ) but nwakali stat is like that of a typical elite central midfielder is a direct comparism(metaphor) to an elite midfielder I mean world class midfielder in actual sense I can deduced that nwakali has similar type of play with this elite midfielder or posses the same attribute as this players
My question for you is which of this players can nwakali be compared to in terms of his performance yesterday is it Toni kross Paul pogba kelvin debruyne david silva or other grade A midfielder you just keep beating around the bush niii

It just like saying ndidi is a typical elite defensive midfielder in actually sense he can be compare in terms of ability (tackles)with the likes of kante and in terms of interception with the likes of thomas partey et al my preposition here is different from saying Osihem header against Chelsea is like that of Cristiano ronaldo

You can take a man out of the bush but the illiteracy is always constant.

I will keep on emphazing that komekn and charlesemeka should be taking you English classes

Again, where did you read the emboldened "like"?

"Greenwood's super strike against Brighton was typical or reminiscent of a seasoned striker",

The second bolded has too many incoherent statements. Now tell me the difference between your Osimhen-Ronaldo instance and my Stat-elite instance? Bleating from pages to pages looking for help ain't gonna save you grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 3:55pm On Jul 21, 2020
barackodam:
Lol.

Is gabby a grade B striker he is the number for one of the best footballing nation in the world he has been glorious in big competition mention them champion league , premier league and even in the international scene for Brazil ....I hardly find an african player that can start for Brazil national team he has achieved many feat that most of the so world class players have not achieved when they were young give respect to whom it deserved ...he has given aguero the fiercest competition in his entire career ...he has been really generally consistent and am damn sure if Jesus is a Nigeria many of you will having been tipping him for baloon Dior
And no disrespect to osihmen he was fantastic in Belgium awesome in france Now he is going Napoli osimhen has not achieved 1/10 of what Jesus has achieved how many has goals osi scored in champion league, he is still a prospect and a prodigy I actually rate as a grade b striker with the likes of haaland , Tammy greenwood and Martinez and other young strikers making it big at the top 5 competitions in europe
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 3:55pm On Jul 21, 2020
grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 3:57pm On Jul 21, 2020
charlesemeka85:

Hahahaha Emeka nwanne m nwoke, I honestly can't tell why I find it really hard to have a go at you, mana nsogbu adighi grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 4:01pm On Jul 21, 2020
sheyishemba:

Is gabby a grade B striker he is the number for one of the best footballing nation in the world he has been glorious in big competition mention them champion league , premier league and even in the international scene for Brazil ....I hardly find an african player that can start for Brazil national team he has achieved many feat that most of the so world class players have not achieved when they were young give respect to whom it deserved ...he has given aguero the fiercest competition in his entire career ...he has been really generally consistent and am damn sure if Jesus is a Nigeria many of you will having been tipping him for baloon Dior
And no disrespect to osihmen he was fantastic in Belgium awesome in france Now he is going Napoli osimhen has not achieved 1/10 of what Jesus has achieved how many has goals osi scored in champion league, he is still a prospect and a prodigy I actually rate as a grade b striker with the likes of haaland , Tammy greenwood and Martinez and other young strikers making it big at the top 5 competitions in europe

So this is the kind of person i have been arguing with?

Starting for Brazil is your only reason to tag him grade A? Ever heard the saying "when the desirable ain't available..."?

Chai see talk ooo grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 4:03pm On Jul 21, 2020
barackodam:
Lol.

When I was at the arguement i disagree to that

If dem call Jesus grade A striker then wetin make we call Suárez lewandowski cavani benzema Aguero ?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 4:04pm On Jul 21, 2020
Subzero047:

You have to expantiate your point, playing at Man city doesn't make him better than Osimhen

He is better than osimhen and it’s clear

Maybe osimhen will be better than him soon

But for now sorry Gabriel Jesus is better than osimhen

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 4:05pm On Jul 21, 2020
sheyishemba:

That is a lie, in his first season Guardiola favored him because he was the type of hardworking striker who could link up with the midfielders but as soon as Aguero mastered coming out of the box to influence play, Gabriel Jesus took a back seat, as at one time he was the third choice striker behind Sterling(Who was not a striker)

Coming to achievements what has Jesus achieved? Aside from his brace against Real Madrid can you recount his top performance against any top 6 EPL team, Liverpool? Chelsea? Tottenham? Man U, Arsenal? His style is scoring hat tricks against Oxford and Plymouth and going missing in big games
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by quickberry(m): 4:06pm On Jul 21, 2020
jihday:
When he said lots of players I no con understand. We've only had West for both Milan teams, Kanu, Obagoal and Nsofor for Inter

There was a time we had up to ten players in Serie A, but they were not playing in top clubs.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 4:06pm On Jul 21, 2020
Subzero047:

Gabby is not only playing Man city at a very tender age but the great Brazil he has successfully put the likes of firmino on the bench he deserves some respect
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 4:08pm On Jul 21, 2020
It's happening all over again, Osimhen and Iheanacho are now better than Gabriel Jesus smh

Some arguments are not worth having with some people in this thread

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 4:10pm On Jul 21, 2020
What do you expect? The day K. Nwakali gets a 8.0 rating what will be he tagged if he is already considered among the elite midfielders? Even several adjectives have been used for the way he passes the ball etc. Maybe someday he will be praised for the way he strolls into the pitch when he is subbed in. Wetin we never see for here?

sheyishemba:

Actually I only raised concern bout his loss of possession I raised this point against zaidu sanusi here sometimes
It not actually cool for a so called a typical central elite midfielder playing segunda to be losing those possessions some people here claimed he is so good on the ball ....the was the reason I raised an objection but his fanboys no allow person rest

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 4:10pm On Jul 21, 2020
Subzero047:

That is a lie, in his first season Guardiola favored him because he was the type of hardworking striker who could link up with the midfielders but as soon as Aguero mastered coming out of the box to influence play, Gabriel Jesus took a back seat, as at one time he was the third choice striker behind Sterling(Who was not a striker)

Coming to achievements what has Jesus achieved? Aside from his brace against Real Madrid can you recount his top performance against any top 6 EPL team, Liverpool? Chelsea? Tottenham? Man U, Arsenal? His style is scoring hat tricks against Oxford and Plymouth and going missing in big games

Even this season there has been rotation between the duo you cant say Gabriel is a bench warmer and likewise you can't say aguero is a starter
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 4:12pm On Jul 21, 2020
Everything still culminates at the AFCON and WC. That's the main reason why we are here. The results will speak for the quality we have.

Edopesin:
It's happening all over again, Osimhen and Iheanacho are now better than Gabriel Jesus smh

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 4:12pm On Jul 21, 2020
andrewbaba44:

He is better than osimhen and it’s clear

Maybe osimhen will be better than him soon

But for now sorry Gabriel Jesus is better than osimhen

Is he faster or stronger or more clinical? What does Jesus offer to the Man city team?

The guy's name plays better football than he does

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 4:12pm On Jul 21, 2020
ChrisKels:

So this is the kind of person i have been arguing with?

Starting for Brazil is your only reason to tag him grade A? Ever heard the saying "when the desirable ain't available..."?

Chai see talk ooo grin grin

Actually in the actual world you must street hoodlums or hooligan considering the jargons that comes from your mouth
Coz firmino is a bouncer ode oponu oshiiii
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 4:12pm On Jul 21, 2020
Joebie:
Everything still culminates at the AFCON and WC. That's the main reason why we are here. The results will speak for the quality we have.

How do you mean by this statement ?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 4:13pm On Jul 21, 2020
Edopesin:

Thats why I always resist the urge to shalaye
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Tamunotonye22(m): 4:13pm On Jul 21, 2020
jihday:
When? Mention 10 undecided
Lol, easy man, just easy with the pressure.
obafemi Martin's - inter Victor obinna - inter kanu - inter Christian obodo - fiorentina oliseh - Juventus Stephen makinwa - Lazio ikechukwu Kalu - sampdoria akande ajide - Roma taribo west - inter adewale wahab - roma

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (9005) (9006) (9007) (9008) (9009) (9010) (9011) ... (16176) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Longneck, PDPGuy and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.