Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,868 members, 7,828,095 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:17 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (9076) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11743256 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9073) (9074) (9075) (9076) (9077) (9078) (9079) ... (16178) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 3:19pm On Jul 27, 2020
IDENNAA:

Rohr's squad

Goalkeepers: Francis Uzoho (Anorthosis Famagusta, Cyprus); Ikechukwu Ezenwa
(Katsina United); Daniel Akpeyi (Kaizer Chiefs, South Africa)

Defenders: Olaoluwa Aina (Torino, Italy); Abdullahi Shehu (Bursaspor, Turkey); Chidozie Awaziem (Rizespor, Turkey); William Ekong (Udinese, Italy); Leon Balogun (Brighton, England); Kenneth Omeruo (CD Leganes, Spain); Jamilu Collins (SC Padeborn 07, Germany)

Midfielders: John Mikel Obi (Middlesbrough, England); Wilfred Ndidi (Leicester City, England); Oghenekaro Etebo (Stoke City, England); John Ogu (Hapoel Be'er Sheva, Israel)

Forwards: Ahmed Musa (Al Nassr, Saudi Arabia); Victor Osimhen (Royal Charleroi, Belgium); Moses Simon (Levante, Spain); Henry Onyekuru (Galatasaray SK, Turkey); Odion Ighalo (Shanghai Shenhua, China); Alexander Iwobi (Arsenal, England); Samuel Kalu (Girondins Bordeaux, France); Paul Onuachu (FC Midtjylland, Denmark); Samuel Chukwueze (Villarreal, Spain)

Your point is not balanced use the team rohr used when he took over the Super eagles then you will see carpenters and bricklayers.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 3:22pm On Jul 27, 2020
elyte89:

No future.. Its now or Neva..rohr will b 5years on d job..if he can't win d nations cup..he shld b SACKED!.. DT FUTURE excuse doesn't holds water again, make una no dey use future bobo us smiley

I hope the NFF won't be myopic as many of us here Nigeria fans no dey chill at all
Wetin give you the assurance that the next coach will win AFcon for us .
Team development takes time it a very long process but it is established then you will be formidable for decades.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by IDENNAA(m): 3:22pm On Jul 27, 2020
sheyishemba:

I won't use the team they played for during WC cox there was preparation for the WC and 90% of the player that went to WC played in WCQ
Iwobi - arsenal prodigy ( still a bench warmer )
2 ndidi - Genk
Moses Chelsea bench warmer started playing when conte came
3.simmy he started the season as a bench warmer but was discovered by rohr after his glorious overhead kick
4. Ebuehi ado een hag
5. Awaziem
Nacho man city prodigy
And you've forgotten the likes of onazi,abdullahi Simon moses ,omerou,agu ,ogu, ighalo,Mikel ,aina,echijile,uzoho,apkeyi were they also playing in Top 5 league in europe most of them are carpenters plying their trades in Israel and Turkish league and the likes of ighalo and Mikel are retired players collecting their pensions in China

You can erase the wc qualifiers and even the world cup if you wish but how would you defend the 2019 nations cup which we went to with an intimidating squad yet Rohr failed woefully , but Keshi used bunch of homebased players and mediocre European league players to lift the trophy.

By the way, Mikel is not a carpenter...Thats a Nigerian legend!

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by IDENNAA(m): 3:26pm On Jul 27, 2020
sheyishemba:

Your point is not balanced use the team rohr used when he took over the Super eagles then you will see carpenters and bricklayers.

Why would I use players he was just starting with and isnt familiar with them. My assessement was based on the time period he had gotten accustomed to the environment and was expected to hit the ground running.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by IDENNAA(m): 3:27pm On Jul 27, 2020
sheyishemba:

I hope the NFF won't be myopic as many of us here Nigeria fans no dey chill at all
Team development takes time it a very long process but it is established then you will be formidable for decades.

Because a Nigerian has won it before.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 3:28pm On Jul 27, 2020
IDENNAA:

You can erase the wc qualifiers and even the world cup if you wish but how would you defend the 2019 nations cup which we went to with an intimidating squad yet Rohr failed woefully , but Keshi used bunch of homebased players and mediocre European league players to lift the trophy.

By the way, Mikel is not a carpenter...Thats a Nigerian legend!

Rohr failed woefully are Nigerians suffering from amnesia !!!! Rohr qualified for the AFCON with a game to spare ( also in WC tell me a local coach that have achieved such feat ) the same rohr that failed woefully defeated the Cameron the defending champion ,defeated south Africa and still came back with bronze yet he failed woefully .....what can be done to sastified an average nigerian the same tournament that we didn't participated in for the past 4 years and this happened when your failure local coach were in charged.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 3:29pm On Jul 27, 2020
sheyishemba:

Oga dts d same thing we av been saying since 2014! Rebuild rebuild...its getting worse..for aw long are we going to rebuild..anything short of afcon cup in 2022..shld lead to rohr sack..period..i won't even think twice if I am at d helms of affair ...so under d pretence of rebuild and future. ....na so we go reach 2026 ,nothing to show for it..with dis present materials,we re ripe for an afcon glory and our usual 2nd round place in world cup(though I pray we surpass dt feat in 2022 cool)
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 3:31pm On Jul 27, 2020
IDENNAA:

Why would I use players he was just starting with and isnt familiar with them. My assessement was based on the time period he had gotten accustomed to the environment and was expected to hit the ground running.

Thats double standard and i won't accept such
Post the team he started with now compare with the team he has now do the same for keshi and you tell the better coach without any prejudice

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 3:34pm On Jul 27, 2020
IDENNAA:

Because a Nigerian has won it before.

A Nigeria has won it before biko where are the players that played in that tourney now 30% of those players are now in NPFL while 65% are playing backwater league is that what you call an achievment that absolute failure . that same Nigerian can even defend that title shey that one nah champion??

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by RichardKajola(m): 3:37pm On Jul 27, 2020
andrewbaba44:

Not that laliga is about goal scorers

Messi has taken 9 of the laliga best player award in the past 11 years ,you can’t blame Messi for not allowing any defender to win it

Watch how Sergio Ramos will be taking the laliga player of the year then you will change your statement

Should I remind you that Luis Suarez won this award without winning the epl ,but one of the best striker to ever grace the epl if not the best Aguero have never won that award and you are here giving me silly excuse that they ain’t bias

The same goal that made Luis Suarez won they award why can’t they same goal make Aguero to take it ?

No be goal your same Mohammed salah take win am ? But you don change talk when the fact it’s clear to you that they are always bias against city players
The player of the season is given to the best player in a season not cumulatively after a number of seasons. Tell me the season where Aguero was the best player and performed better and above the other players?

Harry Kane has even won the top goal scorer award more than him if it's about goals

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 3:39pm On Jul 27, 2020
elyte89:

Oga dts d same thing we av been saying since 2014! Rebuild rebuild...its getting worse..for aw long are we going to rebuild..anything short of afcon cup in 2022..shld lead to rohr sack..period..i won't even think twice if I am at d helms of affair ...so under d pretence of rebuild and future. ....na so we go reach 2026 ,nothing to show for it..with dis present materials,we re ripe for an afcon glory and our usual 2nd round place in world cup(though I pray we surpass dt feat in 2022 cool)

Success is not a day journey it takes of practice that later becomes perfections you think Brazil,France achieved their feat in a day ?? No !!! You have to lose to win sometimes thats irony of football we are not yet ripe to win AFCON glory coz the likes ivory coast , Senegal, algeria , Cameron don't deserve a medal too come on , they have better players like we do too .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by RichardKajola(m): 3:39pm On Jul 27, 2020
andrewbaba44:

Not that laliga is about goal scorers

Messi has taken 9 of the laliga best player award in the past 11 years ,you can’t blame Messi for not allowing any defender to win it

Watch how Sergio Ramos will be taking the laliga player of the year then you will change your statement

Should I remind you that Luis Suarez won this award without winning the epl ,but one of the best striker to ever grace the epl if not the best Aguero have never won that award and you are here giving me silly excuse that they ain’t bias

The same goal that made Luis Suarez won they award why can’t they same goal make Aguero to take it ?

No be goal your same Mohammed salah take win am ? But you don change talk when the fact it’s clear to you that they are always bias against city players

The player of the season is given to the best player in a season not cumulatively after a number of seasons. Tell me the season where Aguero was the best player and performed better and above the other players?

Harry Kane has even won the top goal scorer award more than him if it's about goals
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 3:53pm On Jul 27, 2020
These fools have removed one tackle from Ndidi making Aaron wan Bissaka the top tackler

Jesus Christ!!!

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 4:04pm On Jul 27, 2020
sheyishemba:

Team building comes in different form..
Rohr is building a good squad that would last for long, no doubt.. but his tactics leave a lot to be desired..

What's the point of having a good squad when you are a poor tactician?
You won't win shit!
Ask England..

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 4:29pm On Jul 27, 2020
elyte89:

No future.. Its now or Neva..rohr will b 5years on d job..if he can't win d nations cup..he shld b SACKED!.. DT FUTURE excuse doesn't holds water again, make una no dey use future bobo us smiley

Agreed, There's no excuse for him to not win the Afcon with these players that we have, the future is now

Everytime future, when future go reach

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 4:38pm On Jul 27, 2020
Danielnino00:

Team building comes in different form..
Rohr is building a good squad that would last for long, no doubt.. but his tactics leave a lot to be desired..

What's the point of having a good squad when you are a poor tactician?
You won't win shit!
Ask England..

Do you just say Good squad
Abegiii average squad .
Have listened to many rohr interviews and have studied all of his matches ...rohr is not a poor tactician coz mourihno and simeone plays conservative play does that make them a bad tactician
Rohr plays a conservative counter attack pattern and for this systems to really work you needs a very solid defense that can absorb attack and needs a good linking midfielder that would link up well with your attacker .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 2lola: 4:41pm On Jul 27, 2020
This week, two former Nigerian internationals were in the news for different reasons. 1980 Africa Cup of Nations winner, Segun Odegbami, continued his criticism of Super Eagles manager, Gernot Rohr.

The Shooting Stars legend is an outspoken critic of Rohr, and last week he claimed the German should not lead Nigeria to the 2022 World Cup.

According to Odegbami, Rohr is not world-class, and should not lead Nigeria to the 2022 World Cup. Recall Rohr just signed a new contract that keeps him in charge of the Super Eagles until December 2022.

However, Odegbami believes a Nigerian should be given the honour of leading the country to the biggest sporting competition in the World.

“A Nigerian should take Nigeria to the World Cup because a foreigner does not understand our football philosophy and psychology,” Odegbami said.

“My belief is that anyone who will coach the Super Eagles must be a world-class coach. Rohr can’t deliver that.

“He’s not a world-class coach that we are looking for without question,” he added.

Odegbami’s comments made headlines, but he was not the only former Nigerian star that was in the news. In far away Albania, Ndubuisi Egbo became the first African manager to win a league title with a European Club.

Egbo led his FK Tirana side to the Albanian league title last Sunday, thereby making history. The former Julius Berger goalkeeper is also set to become the first African manager to manage a side in the UEFA Champions League.

The 46-year-old was Super Eagles back up goalkeeper in the team that finished second at the 2000 Africa Cup of Nations.

Both Odegbami and Egbo made the news last week but for different reasons. While the former 3SC star was busy criticising Rohr, Egbo was setting records in Europe, and he’s an example ex-internationals should follow.

Odegbami is an elder statesman in Nigerian football, and he has the right to air his views on football in the country, especially the Super Eagles.

However, the constant criticism of Rohr is now looking like a personal agenda. His latest criticism has an undertone of racism and would’ve sparked massive outrage if the roles were reversed.

It should be noted that he’s not the ex-international that believes the former Bordeaux manager is not the right man for the Super Eagles.

This view comes from a place of entitlement. Some of these former stars believe just because they represented the country means they’ve earned the right to manage the national team.

It is why former star, Benedict Akwuegbu says he regrets playing for Nigeria instead of Austria. The former Golden Eaglets star claimed the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) has failed to appreciate the efforts of former stars by not giving them more opportunities to manage the national teams.

This is an entitled feeling which should not be encouraged at all. Rather than criticise the NFF, they could learn from

The former El-Masry could’ve also decided to wait on the NFF after retiring in 2011. Instead, he went for his coaching course and got his UEFA A coaching License- the highest qualification for a manager.

Despite earning his UEFA A license- Egbo had to wait for six years before he was appointed as Tirana’s head coach.

However, for some former players, they are not ready to go through the process Egbo followed, and that’s why they clamour for national team jobs.

Speaking after his record-breaking feat, Egbo revealed it took a lot of sacrifices and dedication to overcome the challenges he faced.

“It is not that they won’t have problems or issues, but they need to believe in themselves because that’s very important. The more they try to stop you, you have to give more confidence to yourself to do more,” he said.

“That’s exactly what happened to me, it was not an easy task for me, being a foreigner and also being a black coach. Though I had wonderful support from the fans, but as they said in every 12, there is always a Judah.

“There are people who don’t want you to achieve anything or succeed, but those are the people that help you more if you take the positives out of their criticism you don’t need to allow it to bring you down, fight more to prove that you can do it. If I can do it, then any African coach can do it.”

Although not every former player can follow the same path, there are lessons in his story. For someone with a UEFA A license- he may have felt too big for the lowly rated Albanian league, and wait on a bigger job.

However, he never felt entitled, but decided to start with what is available, and he’s been celebrated for it. It’s a lesson for Egbo’s former colleagues as the constant criticism of Rohr, and the NFF has not resulted in one of them getting the job.

Egbo is not the only former Nigerian star doing well, or that has done well for himself. The likes of Amuneke and Oliseh- although without a job currently- were brilliant at their previous managerial roles.

Not every former player will get the chance to manage the Super Eagles, and these players need to start looking for opportunities outside the national teams.

Rohr is the second foreign manager Nigeria has employed in the last ten years, which even makes accusations like that of Akwuegbu laughable.

Egbo’s success has shown former players they don’t have to wait for an appointment from the NFF. Hopefully, they can learn and stop feeling entitled.

https://soccernet.ng/2020/07/entitled-ex-super-eagles-stars-can-learn-from-ndubuisi-egbo.html/amp?__twitter_impression=true

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 4:43pm On Jul 27, 2020
Edopesin:

Agreed, There's no excuse for him to not win the Afcon with these players that we have, the future is now

Everytime future, when future go reach

Which kain players ya talking as if we're having Brazil kind of players don't be decieved 90% of these players are average players while the remaining 10% are just prospect grin even with messi,Martinez rojo,icardi,aguero, Argentina no win their continent title and to talk of Nigeria who is just full of average players and young prospect . grin grin I must confess ya cracking me up big time you better no make afrobear hear that one

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by IDENNAA(m): 4:44pm On Jul 27, 2020
sheyishemba:

A Nigeria has won it before biko where are the players that played in that tourney now 30% of those players are now in NPFL while 65% are playing backwater league is that what you call an achievment that absolute failure . that same Nigerian can even defend that title shey that one nah champion??

Nigeria won it in 2013 , it's been seven years now. These players can't play forever....Mba , Emenike, Onazi, Echiejile , Mikel needed replacements.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 4:46pm On Jul 27, 2020
IDENNAA:

Nigeria won it in 2013 , it's been seven years now. These players can't play forever....Mba , Emenike, Onazi, Echiejile , Mikel needed replacements.

After 2013 where is mba,emenike, onazi echiejile till 2018 at least 5 years is fair .
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by IDENNAA(m): 4:50pm On Jul 27, 2020
sheyishemba:

Abegiii average squad .
Have listened to many rohr interviews and have studied all of his matches ...rohr is not a poor tactician coz mourihno and simeone plays conservative play does that make them a bad tactician
Rohr plays a conservative counter attack pattern and for this systems to really work you needs a very solid defense that can absorb attack and needs a good linking midfielder that would link up well with your attacker .

No , the squqd Rohr took to 2019 nations cup was not average. I have posted the list. And Rohr doesnt need to play conservatively when you are loaded with explosive attacking players. Rohr will not take you to the promise land. We need offensively oriented tactician.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 4:55pm On Jul 27, 2020
IDENNAA:

No , the squqd Rohr took to 2019 nations cup was not average. I have posted the list. And Rohr doesnt need to play conservatively when you are loaded with explosive attacking players. Rohr will not take you to the promise land. We need offensively oriented tactician.

You guys are really cracking me up grin explosive attacking player is this a comic relief or what you call chukweze an attacking player who score 5 goals in 30+ or ighalo that can hold up his destiny ya talking as if he had ronaldo,neymar and messi
See bro all the players are all averageeeeeee nothing really spectacular about them apart from the fact they're prospect . cheesy grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 4:55pm On Jul 27, 2020
sheyishemba:

Abegiii average squad .
Rohr plays a conservative counter attack pattern and for this systems to really work you needs a very solid defense that can absorb attack and need a good linking midfielder that would link up well with your attacker .

With Adarabioyo, Ekong, Aina and Awaziem we have a decent defence but we have to work on defending set pieces and taking care of crosses into our box cause we're terrible in this aspect. At the bolded, we are not Spain or Portugal na, shey you get Fernandes or Kovavic kind of players where you dey hide for somewhere.

Ndidi is improving with his ball distribution and creative Midfielders like Aribo, Eze and Iwobi is enough to get the job done, We are no more an average when it's Afcon we're talking about
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 4:58pm On Jul 27, 2020
sheyishemba:

You guys are really cracking me up grin explosive attacking player is this a comic relief or what you call chukweze an attacking player who score 5 goals in 30+ or ighalo that can hold up his destiny ya talking as if he had ronaldo,neymar and messi
See bro all the players are all averageeeeeee nothing really spectacular about them apart from the fact they're prospect . cheesy grin grin

They are not average when it comes to down to Afcon

Wetin you go come call the rest
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by IDENNAA(m): 5:00pm On Jul 27, 2020
sheyishemba:

After 2013 where is mba,emenike, onazi echiejile till 2018 at least 5 years is fair .

Where they were as of 2018 is immaterial. They have played their part and crowned it with glory. These guys are done with eagles...lets talk about the future and who is in charge.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 5:02pm On Jul 27, 2020
sheyishemba:

Which kain players ya talking as if we're having Brazil kind of players don't be decieved 90% of these players are average players while the remaining 10% are just prospect grin even with messi,Martinez rojo,icardi,aguero, Argentina no win their continent title and to talk of Nigeria who is just full of average players and young prospect . grin grin I must confess ya cracking me up big time you better no make afrobear hear that one

Argentina own na curse nothing more, They have gone to numerous finals but end up losing it, abi Ghana that gave Germany and Uruguay a run for their money in the World cup had world class players

Na be who sabi book dey pass exam grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by IDENNAA(m): 5:06pm On Jul 27, 2020
sheyishemba:

You nit pick on things that arent relevant. Being an attacking players doesnt not mean you must score goals.
List of SE players that has ability to turn any defence inside out.

Onyekuru.....misused by Rohr
Chukwueze
S.Kalu
Ejuke
Osimbaba
Nacho
Iwobi

Yet , Rohr doesnt understand how to play these boys
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 5:16pm On Jul 27, 2020
IDENNAA:

You nit pick on things that arent relevant. Being an attacking players doesnt not mean you must score goals.
List of SE players that has ability to turn any defence inside out.

Onyekuru.....misused by Rohr
Chukwueze
S.Kalu
Ejuke
Osimbaba
Nacho
Iwobi

Yet , Rohr doesnt understand how to play these boys

Rohr doesn't rate Turkey (So they said), so I can only fault Rohr here but chukwueze is being played where he should be playing, Ejuke has not been tested, Osimhen has been tremendous, Samuel Kalu also does relatively well when he plays in LW, Nacho is inconsistent and Iwobi performs well under Rohr

So asides the others, Rohr is playing them well
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:18pm On Jul 27, 2020
TheOtherCitizen:

I don't believe so, man. Mourinho took over Spurs at 12th place to 6th.

Since taking over, only LFC, MCFC and MUFC have won more points, scored more goals and conceded less(except wolves).

Brendan over achieved but the team's capitulation was down to his poor management.

Rodgers achieved more points than Mourinho with a less quality but you guys want Mourinho praised achieving less with a more quality team and Rodgers crucified.

Interesting.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:21pm On Jul 27, 2020
elunico:

At a point no one would care what point they were before, you take us within touching distance to the moon and you send us crashing all the way down.

Leicester City before their famous EPL triumph were only expected to be a good enough side to remain EPL regulars, bit they did the unbelievable, they won the league, the following season, they struggled and they were where they most probably should, but, the management were having none of it, Ranieri was fired, they've had a taste of honey, they don't want anything else.

They can taste honey and sell, Mahrez, Kante, Maguire and still want honey. grin

Simple, Rodgers over achieved with a mediocre squad. They also suffered key injuries like Ndidi for a brief while and probably their best player, Ricardo Pereira. It is not easy to want to buy a range rover with N10,000. cheesy

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:30pm On Jul 27, 2020
Danielnino00:

He didn't over achieve.. Leicester have the best squad outside of the big 6 clubs... And given the fact that Man Utd, Chelsea,Spurs and Arsenal were in very poor forms at the start of the season, Leicester had the opportunity to take over the top,and they did so for a while..

It isn't today that Rodgers started bottling things... He is the kind of coach that doesn't seem to learn.. in my opinion,geniuses don't make the same mistakes over and over again..

He has the best squad outside the big six and he did not over achieve beating some of them and missing out towards the end? Haba.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Lucque: 5:30pm On Jul 27, 2020
When rohr took over...fifa ranking at july 2016 was 70th
We have been moving upwards steadily...
Current ranking....31st.
In 4 years....
We have been moving steadily upwards...
The team is filled with 95%talent dat earned the spot
Egunje is a thing of d past.....
Now You can watch the SE match without a bp machine...
But yet he has failed woefully...?
Pls if this is wat failure means den let us continually wallow in it....it seems most of u have a thing for forgetting d past...u are calling for a nigerian coach ...so dat they can destroy what rohr has built........
I would be here to remind us all of these calls when it all goes to shit...

Peace!!!

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (9073) (9074) (9075) (9076) (9077) (9078) (9079) ... (16178) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: yemyke001(m), TheGoodJoe(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.