Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,962 members, 7,838,428 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 09:53 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (9097) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11798608 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9094) (9095) (9096) (9097) (9098) (9099) (9100) ... (16208) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:48am On Jul 29, 2020
Edopesin:

When you say toe to toe do you mean playing the same attacking football because that wouldn't have ended well so decided to play on the close spaces and go on the counter and that is a good strategy and if there has to be a difference between the two words, Simeone played his tactics well

It's just like looking for the differences between a stock and a share

Park bus is giving the opponents little room to operate and exploiting exposed spaces when opponents lose the ball, this is a plan/strategy in itself

Because Simeone knows he is tactically weaker. There is no other way than to sit back in number and hope for chance to win the game.

Why? Because, Klopp pass him.

Against a better manager and coached team, Simeone will accept the superiority and resort to win by parking bus.

All those leave no room to operate is just sugar coating the same approach Worthington FC will give Liverpool. Stay back in number.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 12:48am On Jul 29, 2020
[quote author=DABIGATRAN post=92217463][/quote]

We all want our players to succeed
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by benji93: 12:50am On Jul 29, 2020
What Nonsense. grin. Why would i go toe to toe with you when i can't match your talent offensively? You tell me you would like to use a spoon and i tell you i'll use my hand. What's your problem with that? You seem to think an offensive setup is of higher quality than a defensive setup, and that's ok. I'll take that subjectively. I won't even bother arguing about the difference between strategy and tactics cos they can be used interchangeably. The main difference is while one is geared towards along term goal, the other is geared towards a more temporary goal. So your strategy may not necessarily be well-defined. You may even adopt tactics initially unplanned as an adaptation to the changing play of your opponent.
TheGoodJoe:

Not true. Simeone knows if he goes toe-to-toe with Liverpool they would have smoked him to blazes. So he resorted to park bus.

Strategy - is the bulk of the plan.

Tactics - actions to carry out the plan.

Park bus - general plan to keep all or most players behind the ball. Little tactical actions to carry out the strategy.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:52am On Jul 29, 2020
benji93:
What Nonsense. grin. Why would i go toe to toe with you when i can't match your talent offensively? You tell me you would like to use a spoon and i tell you i'll use my hand. What's your problem with that? You seem to think an offensive setup is of higher quality than a defensive setup, and that's ok. I'll take that subjectively. I won't even bother arguing about the difference between strategy and tactics cos they can be used interchangeably. The main difference is while one is geared towards along term goal, the other is geared towards a more temporary goal. So your strategy may not necessarily be well-defined. You may even adopt tactics initially unplanned as an adaptation to the changing play of your opponent.

I have broken down tactics and strategy. They can not be used interchangeably. They are two different things.

It is easier to tell your players to sit back. During fa cups, you see the weaker sides doing the same thing to cause upsets. Does not mean they are tactically better or superior.

It is not match talent offensively, it is that the other side is better and the coach decides to go on the negative.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by benji93: 12:53am On Jul 29, 2020
You are not wrong. I mentioned that. But when your team performs badly the null hypothesis is your stategy has been terrible. Ofcourse it would be wrong not to factor other things in our determination of how much blame you deserve.
komekn:

Managers are given more leeway.

So for instance a manager may fail on one club but all the variables will be taken into account.

And the manager given more of the benefit of doubt.

Which a player will not get.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 12:55am On Jul 29, 2020
TheGoodJoe:

Why?

Strategy - offensive is not tactics.

A coach can have an offensive strategy to win which will require using more of his players in an offensive way.

Tactics - you will need the creative midfielders to keep the ball in tight areas, while the full backs pull up to Create numbers, with connecting passes between the forward dropping deep to Create passing lanes to ease passes for the running full backs.

A park bus is a strategy with little tactical actions compared to the offensive strategy.

Liverpool don't have a creative midfield, they only have players there to occupy the position but they still are an attacking team because the rest of the team is creative

Even though park the bus strategy has little tactical actions, not every coach is good at it because it requires other important details that the coach must consider

Norwich started the season with this strategy but soon went into Oblivion, West Ham on the hand use both strategies well and are lethal on their days
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 12:55am On Jul 29, 2020
benji93:

Lol he wanted simeone to go toe to toe with liverpool so they will loose the game home and away, he thinks simeone is clueless as rodgers grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by benji93: 12:56am On Jul 29, 2020
Good luck with your warped sense of view on the subject. grin. What does negative even mean? I kicked your ass, you tell me i was negative. Your strategy against mine. Well if you are that good find a way to negate my negative strategy by being overly positive. grin. I am tempted to ask you where you schooled at man. grin
TheGoodJoe:

I have broken down tactics and strategy. They can not be used interchangeably. They are two different things.

It is easier to tell your players to sit back. During fa cups, you see the weaker sides doing the same thing to cause upsets. Does not mean they are tactically better or superior.

It is not match talent offensively, it is that the other side is better and the coach decides to go on the negative.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:57am On Jul 29, 2020
Edopesin:

Liverpool don't have a creative midfield, they only have players there to occupy the position but they still are an attacking team because the rest of the team is creative

Even though park the bus strategy has little tactical actions, not every coach is good at it because it requires other important details that the coach must consider

Norwich started the season with this strategy but soon went into Oblivion, West Ham on the hand use both strategies well and are lethal on their days

Most of the top teams today from all leagues are offensive - possessive sides. So a park bus team is built for oblivion in the long run.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:59am On Jul 29, 2020
benji93:
Good luck with your warped sense of view on the subject. grin. What does negative even mean? I kicked your ass, you tell me i was negative. Your strategy against mine. Well if you are that good find a way to negate my negative strategy by being overly positive. grin. I am tempted to ask you where you schooled at man. grin

Calling my sense warped does not give your point credibility.

The top teams in England are offensive sides. So I wonder whose a** got kicked in the long run.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:00am On Jul 29, 2020
andrewbaba44:

Lol he wanted simeone to go toe to toe with liverpool so they will loose the game home and away, he thinks simeone is clueless as rodgers grin

Because Simeone knows they pass him. While Rodgers is built to keep training his side to improve like he was able to get swansea to be referred to as Swansealona.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 1:01am On Jul 29, 2020
TheGoodJoe:

Because Simeone knows he is tactically weaker. There is no other way than to sit back in number and hope for chance to win the game.

Why? Because, Klopp pass him.

Against a better manager and coached team, Simeone will accept the superiority and resort to win by parking bus.

All those leave no room to operate is just sugar coating the same approach Worthington FC will give Liverpool. Stay back in number.

Klopp has better players not that he was a better manager or anything

If he was better tactically, he wouldn't have lost home and away to Atletico
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by benji93: 1:02am On Jul 29, 2020
Let me tell you something mate, a defensive style can be broken down. No team can maintain solid layers of firewall for the entire duration of a game. The layers develop faults, lapses in recovery e.t.c. If you are positive enough. grin apply enough positive strategy to nullify the negative.
Edopesin:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:03am On Jul 29, 2020
Edopesin:

Klopp has better players not that he was a better manager or anything

If he was better tactically, he wouldn't have lost home and away to Atletico

Park bus. Even the best sides can lose to amateur sides with it. It is no proof of superiority. It is an acceptance of the offensive side's superiority.

Simeone knows they pass him.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 1:04am On Jul 29, 2020
TheGoodJoe:

Most of the top teams today from all leagues are offensive - possessive sides. So a park bus team is built for oblivion in the long run.

I don't think Atletico have missed out of the top 4 in the past 5 years
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by benji93: 1:04am On Jul 29, 2020
I was referring to liverpool getting their ass kicked in the champions league mate, not you per se grin
TheGoodJoe:

Calling my sense warped does not give your point credibility.

The top teams in England are offensive sides. So I wonder whose a** got kicked in the long run.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:05am On Jul 29, 2020
Edopesin:

I don't think Atletico have missed out of the top 4 in the past 5 years

They keep parking bus on a long run. I stopped watching their games when I slept off during one of their matches.

Reminded me of those boring films that you watch and in the end someone draws a gun and shoots.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:06am On Jul 29, 2020
benji93:
I was referring to liverpool getting their ass kicked in the champions league mate, not you per se grin

I was referring to all the tops sides in almost all leagues in Europe dominating.

You want to use some few games to put above total dominance?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 1:09am On Jul 29, 2020
SE needs more midfield additions anyway
komekn:

Agreed.

Them plenty oh across the English football academies, on the verge of breaking into the first team.

For some reason not too many striker have come out to show face.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by benji93: 1:11am On Jul 29, 2020
I am specifically referring to that fixture. Klopp knew Simeone would play that way. He's been doing that for a long time. In all his wisdom couldn't he come up with a counter strategy? He came up short. It's as simple enough. His tactics abi na strategy grin was supplanted. Perhaps he learnt his lessons and can come back stronger.
TheGoodJoe:

I was referring to all the tops sides in almost all leagues in Europe dominating.

You want to use some few games to put above total dominance?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 1:12am On Jul 29, 2020
benji93:
Let me tell you something mate, a defensive style can be broken down. No team can maintain solid layers of firewall for the entire duration of a game. The layers develop faults, lapses in recovery e.t.c. If you are positive enough. grin apply enough positive strategy to nullify the negative.

Exactly
What about scenarios where your counter attack is countered cheesy and there are not enough players in the back to close spaces? Defensive minded coaches have to take this into account

It's not just about sitting back and going forward when the opponent loses the ball
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:13am On Jul 29, 2020
benji93:
I am specifically referring to that fixture. Klopp knew Simeone would play that way. He's been doing that for a long time. In all his wisdom couldn't he come up with a counter strategy? He came up short. It's as simple enough. His tactics abi na strategy grin was supplanted. Perhaps he learnt his lessons and can come back stronger.

He can win the game but in the long run, Klopp will keep building a far formidable side.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 1:14am On Jul 29, 2020
TheGoodJoe:

They keep parking bus on a long run. I stopped watching their games when I slept off during one of their matches.

Reminded me of those boring films that you watch and in the end someone draws a gun and shoots.

grin
If it gets the job done I'm all in
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by benji93: 1:17am On Jul 29, 2020
grin. There's no can in that discussion mate. It has already happened. grin. Ofcourse Klopp says tell him i'll come back stronger and break through that negative strategy of his. Simeone says, till we meet again. But take your L in good grace. grin
TheGoodJoe:

He can win the game but in the long run, Klopp will keep building a far formidable side.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Tolulopefinest(m): 1:24am On Jul 29, 2020
BREAKING NEWS

2019/2020 NPFL winner, Plateau United has hijacked Osimhen's transfer to Napoli. Lille fc president confirmed this. This means Plateau United have added extra power to their attack in preparation for the coming Caf champions league competition.
I hope he settle down quickly with other teammates Sha. #No time

Good move ? grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 1:26am On Jul 29, 2020
andrewbaba44:

The season we almost won the league under him, we scored 101 goals and conceded 50 .

The following season,we scored 52 and conceded 48
Which kind mumu tactic be that??

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 4:16am On Jul 29, 2020
sheyishemba:

I watched the match thrice Ndidi wasn't in direct contention with Coutihno coz coutihno played on the flanks that day even the richarlison that was in direct contention he didnt really resist him ...lemme blow your mind Ndidi was average that night .
You've been going on and on about how we were played off the park by Brazil but statistics says something else

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 4:19am On Jul 29, 2020
sheyishemba:

make we end am like this but it my opinion sha
Lol
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 4:29am On Jul 29, 2020
TheGoodJoe:

People like you forget Rodgers did an amazing job with Swansea.
People like you forget that Mou did an amazing job with Porto, won the UEFA cup in 2003 then he went one better by winning the champions league the following year
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 4:37am On Jul 29, 2020
TheGoodJoe:

Insults do not give you credence.
Didn't insult you, saying Rodgers is better than Mou is very funny that's why I called you a clown. Sorry I called you a clown, but Abeg no go talk am for public or else nobody go take you serious
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 4:39am On Jul 29, 2020
Josh Oghenetega Peter Onomah is named to the WhoScored Championship PlayOff XI (SF First-Leg)
The highest rated outfield player.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 4:41am On Jul 29, 2020
ChrisKels:

No point keeping online malice man, even if we don't agree most of the time.

By the way, sorry about the abuses
Wait, people keep malice online? For people they don't and may never know their entire life?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (9094) (9095) (9096) (9097) (9098) (9099) (9100) ... (16208) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: paulos8, M7even(m), Marjoribanks, Jefersoun, villagereporter(m) and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.