Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,971 members, 7,838,463 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 10:32 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (9102) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11798767 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9099) (9100) (9101) (9102) (9103) (9104) (9105) ... (16208) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 5:15pm On Jul 29, 2020
well you may be right but i do make out time to follow players intensively before hyping them in here. after watching the likes of aribo,maja,adarabioyo etc in few matches few seasons ago i knew those kids had something special which will be noticed in no distant time.

others i followed their progression very well was onomah and ejaria but the former later fell off because of injury issues and i am glad he is getting back to his best
ChrisKels:

No you lied, Josh Maja was first mentioned here by no other than Supernerd, you were not here then, though

Joebie's post first had the name "Joe Aribo" on this thread

Like I said, the players you guys praise today we knew and discussed them long before now.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 5:15pm On Jul 29, 2020
abeg make we no dey argue nonsense. It's now who discovered player A or B. The players sef no know you grin

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 5:15pm On Jul 29, 2020
Icon4s:

Oga are you trying to say you are not aware that Etebo Left the Championship for Getafe in January this year?

Or what point are you trying to prove by that Question?

He played quite a few games before the January window, l want to presume.

And that should give some statistical insight into his perfomances before he left for Getafe.

Unless their is a minimum number of games required for an aggregate perfomance assessment to be made statistically speaking.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by IDENNAA(m): 5:16pm On Jul 29, 2020
Joebie:
Same way Semi Ajayi was hyped that have owned one of that SE center-back position.

Danger of a single story not danger of an isolated incident. Semi is just one guy.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 5:17pm On Jul 29, 2020
Joebie:
you discovered them long. That's not provable. Mentioning them here first is no proof.

What exactly did you mean by that? What proof are you talking about?

Anything to discredit Thesupernerd. I wonder why you tend to become epileptic at every mention of his name.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 5:17pm On Jul 29, 2020
as of 2016 i was not a member of this thread
ChrisKels:

No bro, we talked about Adarabioyo as far back as 2016
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 5:17pm On Jul 29, 2020
BascoVanVeli:

grin grin grin grin

See all these dictionary insults for nothing. I have no problem with anything u said. All I said was to maintain that same energy when you assess other players.

Energy is not the right word.

I gave you an insight into how l have come to my deductions with regards to Tega.

That elaborate insight should answer the question for you.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Utonwanne(m): 5:17pm On Jul 29, 2020
Joebie:
How did I call him a liar from my response? You are telling a lie again

grin grin grin Lmao
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 5:19pm On Jul 29, 2020
charlesemeka85:
well you may be right but i do make out time to follow players intensively before hyping them in here. after watching the likes of aribo,maja,adarabioyo etc in few matches few seasons ago i knew those kids had something special which will be noticed in no distant time.

others i followed their progression very well was onomah and ejaria but the former later fell off because of injury issues and i am glad he is getting back to his best

There is no doubt about that bro. About pushing for players recognitions here, I give it to you especially with what you did with Aribo. Same goes to Truistar on Dessers.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 5:19pm On Jul 29, 2020
charlesemeka85:
as of 2016 i was not a member of this thread

No hard feelings

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 5:20pm On Jul 29, 2020
how many players came from the championship to the SE and disappointed?
Let me challenge your logic
IDENNAA:

Danger of a single story not danger of an isolated incident. Semi is just one guy.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by IDENNAA(m): 5:20pm On Jul 29, 2020
sheyishemba:

OMG I can't continue this argument with you why did you find it hard to comprehend where I my preposition did I say i insulted you because you become you were slow to reply common on !!!! if you dont understand what i wrote ask me ill break it down for you
you came with the preposition that nwakali is better iwobi and aribo and you couldn't even back this up with facts you kept mentioning i insulted yoy as if you didnt call me ill bred, street agbero et al are those compliment.

Can you prove anywhere I claimed Nwakali was better ? By the way , I never considered Iwobi a 10, never because he never stamped his authority there. Why ? He doesnt have the skill set for that role.

Sheyi , my brother , calm down and take time to read what people write....you are too in a hurry
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 5:21pm On Jul 29, 2020
Awon discoverers grin

Mungo Park descendents grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 5:21pm On Jul 29, 2020
sheyishemba:

Bro it his choice many people here hype home breed players (awon komekn ibile) so you can't tell him to asses other players, to him he might see thoses players he assess as a prospect like I've said earlier it his choice

Maybe l don't like whimsical assessment from superficial understanding.

As a consequence l would rather talk about the players that l have seen in depth much more than the ones l have not.

It's very simple.

For me to go into depth about a player in Albania or Sweden that l haven't watched in any depth. Will not be true and or particularly fair and objective.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 5:21pm On Jul 29, 2020
Joebie:
abeg make we no dey argue nonsense. It's now who discovered player A or B. The players sef no know you grin

All this bkus a lie aimed at singing hallelujah to your god in here is being bursted? grin grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 5:22pm On Jul 29, 2020
Danielnino00:
Awon discoverers grin

Mungo Park descendents grin

I am bursting them one after the other grin grin

Trust me on that

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by IDENNAA(m): 5:23pm On Jul 29, 2020
Joebie:
how many players came from the championship to the SE and disappointed?
Let me challenge your logic

The question should be how many English players succeeded in the Eagles.....lol
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 5:26pm On Jul 29, 2020
ChrisKels:

There is no doubt about that bro. About pushing for players recognitions here, I give it to you especially with what you did with Aribo. Same goes to Truistar on Dessers.

the first day i saw aribo play in the colors of charlton then i knew we have a star in the lad who in no distant time will become a mainstay in the super eagles. aribo is not yet the finish product but i assure you that if he can be able to reach his full potentials we have the new yaya toure in our hands.

i dont look down on players based on where they play but love players who are super technical with tactical awareness and creative spark. if gerard can allow the lad to settle in a particular position mainly the AM i assure you that aribo will get double goal digits and assist this coming season
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 5:28pm On Jul 29, 2020
IDENNAA:

Again , get this into your mind. Nwakali is a Nigerian born and bred talent. He has privilege , rights and advantage Onomah enjoys in England. The English will not furnish Nwakali with these benefits. Henceforth , we will take care of our own, firstly.

You should be ashamed of yourself your views are retrogressive and backward.

These are the views and practices that have caused the stifling of our nations progression on all fronts.

These are myopic and damaging views upon which TRIBALISM, FAVORITISM, NEPOTISM, RELIGIOUS DISCRIMINATION are anchored upon.

You are the embodiment of the NIGERIAN PROBLEM.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by IDENNAA(m): 5:28pm On Jul 29, 2020
Joebie:
na better beating we go give them with these HARD men

Those boys will be in stiches and clutches when African teams are done with them. You nodey wetin dem dey do Iwobi
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 5:31pm On Jul 29, 2020
charlesemeka85:
the first day i saw aribo play in the colors of charlton then i knew we have a star in the lad who in no distant time will become a mainstay in the super eagles. aribo is not yet the finish product but i assure you that if he can be able to reach his full potentials we have the new yaya toure in our hands.

i dont look down on players based on where they play but love players who are super technical with tactical awareness and creative spark. if gerard can allow the lad to settle in a particular position mainly the AM i assure you that aribo will get double goal digits and assist this coming season

Aribo is good, I am just not feeling the league he plays in. I had hoped he was headed for Benfica or Germany, but much to my chagrin, he left for Scotland instead

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 5:32pm On Jul 29, 2020
the same old fashioned mentality that made us lose david alaba when he was begging just to train with our 2009 u17 team.
komekn:

These are the views and practices that have caused the stifling of our nations progression on all fronts.

These are myopic and damaging views upon which TRIBALISM, FAVORITISM, NEPOTISM, RELIGIOUS DISCRIMINATION are anchored upon.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by IDENNAA(m): 5:34pm On Jul 29, 2020
komekn:

No, my views are patriotic and realistic. And , no , this is different from politics and the context on which I defend and promote Nigerian players is different. I want Nwakali to play but if unfit then I will play another capable Nigerian from wherever until I cant find none then I will look at my rejects , the borough boys. I dont play that tribalistic nonsence! The rest of the things you wrote are irrelevant. Didnt your borough boys always chose England first before Nigeria ? I am a man of eye for an eye.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 5:35pm On Jul 29, 2020
MetalJigsaw:
what about semi ajayi

Semi Ajayi and Ekong are too similar and it always shows
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by IDENNAA(m): 5:35pm On Jul 29, 2020
charlesemeka85:
the same old fashioned mentality that made us lose david alaba when he was begging just to train with our 2009 u17 team.

David Alaba couldnt have lifted the world cup for you by himself.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 5:35pm On Jul 29, 2020
Of the whole lot of Nigerian players that have played for SE, how many do you consider successful in SE colors?
Now compare the fraction to that of those you consider English

IDENNAA:

The question should be how many English players succeeded in the Eagles.....lol
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 5:35pm On Jul 29, 2020
ChrisKels:

Aribo is good, I am just not feeling the league he plays in. I had hoped he was headed for Benfica or Germany, but much to my chagrin, he left for Scotland instead
rangers were the only team that showed real hunger in having him. also for a league 1 player the offer he got from rangers was a juicy one which was too good to turn down.

dude was also assured by gerard that he will be in his first team and also gets 20k pounds weekly at rangers. with time he will move
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 5:36pm On Jul 29, 2020
i think it's time to hit the ignore button. This type need deliverance grin
komekn:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 5:36pm On Jul 29, 2020
IDENNAA:

David Alaba couldnt have lifted the world cup for you by himself.
while nwakali and azubuike can't qualify us for the afcon by theirselves

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by IDENNAA(m): 5:38pm On Jul 29, 2020
Joebie:
i think it's time to hit the ignore button. This type need deliverance grin

And you dont think you need to grow a set of balls ? Gbenu son jare
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by IDENNAA(m): 5:39pm On Jul 29, 2020
charlesemeka85:
while nwakali and azubuike can't qualify us for the afcon by theirselves

But they are Nigerians and Alaba is German,init cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 5:40pm On Jul 29, 2020
Subzero047:

Semi Ajayi and Ekong are too similar and it always shows

Yea dts true,dey re very rigid, rugged and less ball playing defenders cool

(1) (2) (3) ... (9099) (9100) (9101) (9102) (9103) (9104) (9105) ... (16208) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: jihday(m), Odunayaw(m), elunico, Dsimmer, Meliforme, M7even(m), Lyster360, elyte89, femicyrus(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.