Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,386 members, 7,815,821 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:53 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (9123) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11650300 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9120) (9121) (9122) (9123) (9124) (9125) (9126) ... (16145) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Barryseal: 12:09pm On Aug 01, 2020
Subzero047:
It seems Iwobi is getting the Arsenal treatment all over again
He's being dragged all over by Evertonians on Instagram. They are saying he's stealing a living, hoping he gone and never come back.
I think it's best he disabled his Instagram comments. If his growth is being hampered, should look at trying a different country.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 12:17pm On Aug 01, 2020
komekn:

You too like quarrel shooo na wah !!!

The bold is at the heart of the matter emotive bias not based on proven fact or objectivity.

Now your being a little bit delusional Osimhen your son at the much less competitive Bundesliga and Wolfsburg. Essentially couldn't make the bench.

Liverpools forgotten man Origi went on loan to Wolfsburg due to Solanke, and relegated your son Osimhen to the youth team. The same Origi that's struggling for games at Liverpool.

Lol look at Solanke laughing at you and your post

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 12:19pm On Aug 01, 2020
TheSuperNerd:

Chris oooo.... Chris... Abeg... Looollll

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 12:19pm On Aug 01, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
But Andy, people on this thread haven't left K.Nwakali alone to return in peace to football after more than a year out in the wilderness of inactivity. Did you tell them to leave Nwakali alone then even after the lad's return and slow Integration into the Huesca team?

Also, some don't wanna hear Zubby. Did you tell them to leave Azubuike alone then? Abeg let them drag who dem wan drag afterall, Osimhen was once dragged here as a failure who won't make it into the youth teams of Championship sides. And when I and a few others stood up against such, I don't recall anyone saying "leave Osimhen alone" especially after his first invite to the NT.

Tammy is doing well nah ,e no make sense to Dey drag am ,oya why you no drag Tammy ?

Why are you get to speak bad about Tammy ?

If a naija player scores 15 epl goals omo e no go fit do wrong for our eyes on this thread

I don mention azubuike here before saying that if he is playing well for his club then he can be invited but many people insulted him saying he is playing in Turkey expecially Charles emeka even t baba self say the guy no 2 Dey play ,I told them that if he is fantastic he should be but then write am off ,thou he is still yet to be fantastic that will make the coach invite him sha

What about nwakaeme ? Almost all of una sabi write am off just because of 1 game

Nwakali is not playing well so we understand that one bros

But is Tammy flopping ? No ,you suppose know say me I sabi yab those British born but if I see truth I go talk and I no go Dey bias

I can’t tel anyone to stop yabbing nwakali because he isn’t doing well bro and I hope he get back to his best

No be me Dey yab solanke de always call am waste man ?

What’s stopping you from trolling Tammy if I may ask ?

Bros be sincere Biko

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Tolulopefinest(m): 12:25pm On Aug 01, 2020
Leon Balogun and Aribo Starts for Rangers Fc.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 12:28pm On Aug 01, 2020
ChrisKels:

Lol look at Solanke laughing at you and your post

Funny because l have had a laugh with him.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 12:30pm On Aug 01, 2020
I wish Sergej Milinkovic-Savic was a NIgerian

Our no 10 problems would be reduced to nothing

The guy na all-rounder

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:32pm On Aug 01, 2020
All this long talk. My point is simple. Since we have people here who won't leave Nwakali and Zubby alone despite gaining promotion to la liga on his return to football and winning the Turkish league title respectively then let those who won't leave Tammy alone have their say. Afterall, last time I checked, it's no crime to compare players of same position. There was a time both strikers were compared here and it was debated. So why is it a problem now?

One finished with 17 goals in all competitions playing 45 games or so and had a full season + a cup final to play today.

The other bagged 18 goals in all competitions despite having about 10 games to play in the league.

So, let them have their say.

And I don't troll b'cos I would rather give my time to our players. Simple as that. But trust me, trolling is easy... I just decided not to. My stand on our players have been vindicated so many times for many to see just as Komekn has been proven wrong so many times on our lads. So no need to troll. Finito. wink

andrewbaba44:

Tammy is doing well nah ,e no make sense to Dey drag am ,oya why you no drag Tammy ?

If a naija player scores 15 epl goals omo e no go fit do wrong for our eyes on this thread

I don mention azubuike here before saying that if he is playing well for his club then he can be invited but many people insulted him saying he is playing in Turkey expecially Charles emeka even t baba self say the guy no 2 Dey play ,I told them that if he is fantastic he should be but then write am off ,thou he is still yet to be fantastic that will make the coach invite him sha

What about nwakaeme ? Almost all of una sabi write am off just because of 1 game

But is Tammy flopping ? No ,you suppose know say me I sabi yab those British born but if I see truth I go talk and I no go Dey bias

I can’t tel anyone to stop yabbing nwakali because he isn’t doing well bro and I hope he get back to his best

Bros be sincere Biko

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 12:33pm On Aug 01, 2020
Subzero047:
It seems Iwobi is getting the Arsenal treatment all over again

You can manipulate statistics and attempt to present a narrative that maybe acceptable here even believable.

However, move it to another forum and what we claim here as commendable is comdemnable by other fans.

At SE level Iwobi has been very good not neccesarily excellent but very good.

At club level he has not had the expected impact and to Everton fans he has been underwhelming.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 12:35pm On Aug 01, 2020
komekn:

Funny because l have had a laugh with him.

You laughed with him over these posts you made about him and how he has been a very big disappointment? grin

I guess he really laughed hard? grin

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 12:40pm On Aug 01, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
All this long talk. My point is simple. Since we have people here who won't leave Nwakali and Zubby alone despite gaining promotion to la liga on his return to football and winning the Turkish league title respectively then let those who won't leave Tammy alone have their say. Afterall, last time I checked, it's no crime to compare players of same position. There was a time both strikers were compared here and it was debated. So why is it a problem now?

One finished with 17 goals in all competitions playing 45 games or so and had a full season + a cup final to play today.

The other bagged 18 goals in all competitions despite having about 10 games to play in the league.

And I don't troll b'cos I would rather give my time to our players. Simple as that. But trust me, trolling is easy... I just decided not to. My stand on our players have been vindicated so many times for many to see just as Komekn has been proven wrong so many times on our lads. So no need to troll. Finito. wink

I have not been proven wrong ONCE especially not by you and you over sensationalism and over hype of players. And you creation of inconsequential divides between Nigerian origin players in Europe and your definition of Nigerian home grown players.

Maybe in your perception birthed from your own notions. Not once have you proven me wrong.

You are the con always taking things out of context and then pushing a false narrative.

With regards to Victor my comments are always in CONTEXT of THAT TIME and in response to an issue, contention or information raised prior to my post.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 12:44pm On Aug 01, 2020
TheSuperNerd:

Nothing like long talk

Nwakali is not playing

But zuby is playing

You should be more concerned about the attack on zuby and leave nwakali because he did nothing this season

Laliga new season is not far from now bro ,if he starts playing and they keep on dissing him then watch me attack them

Please nwakali and zuby should not be in the same sentence

One played 31 games this season and the other played 5 games which is not even up to 200 minutes

If you want to speak for a player next time please speak for someone who is having game time,at least like zuby

Finito

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 12:47pm On Aug 01, 2020
andrewbaba44:

Bros be sincere Biko

I don't think anyone is yabbing Nwakali but it's the sensationalism and ludicrous over hype for a player that has done nothing in 5 years.

Anchoring projected excellence on historical youth football exploits.

These same people will then say others are being biased when players who have done way more are talked about on this forum.

It's simple double standard and hypocrisy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 12:50pm On Aug 01, 2020
Balogun starts after spending not more than one week at the club

My man!!!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 12:51pm On Aug 01, 2020
komekn:

I don't think anyone is yabbing Nwakali but it's the sensationalism and ludicrous over hype for a player that has done nothing in 5 years.

Anchoring projected excellence on historical youth football exploits.

These same people will then say others are being biased when players who have done way more are talked about on this forum.

It's simple double standard and hypocrisy.

Nwakali is not doing well and I wish him the best in this laliga new season

I don’t like sugarcoating

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:52pm On Aug 01, 2020
Erroneous comments. Obviously b'cos you are one of those who speak against Nwakali. grin

Nwakali was not playing yet he featured in five of Huesca's games leading to promotion. So how didn't he play please? Work permit issues and a need to up his fitness levels (b'cos he was inactive for so long) to a good degree stopped him from making his debut much earlier but eventually the coach played him.

Zubby played but was also missing in action in his club's last round of games due to injury or so.

So yes, they can both be in the same sentence. One gained promotion to la liga with his side and even lifted the la Liga 2 title with his side despite joining them late. The other conquered Turkey and still picked up his medal despite missing their final rounds of games.

So Andy don't digress from the main point abeg.

The main point is this: Let people here compare Tammy and Osimhen as much as they want. If you don't like the comparison, jump and pass over it but don't say they shouldn't compare. Comparison is part of sports banter afterall. grin

andrewbaba44:

Nothing like long talk

Nwakali is not playing

But zuby is playing

You should be more concerned about the attack on zuby and leave nwakali because he did nothing this season

Laliga new season is not far from now bro ,if he starts playing and they keep on dissing him then watch me attack them

Please nwakali and zuby should not be in the same sentence

One played 31 games this season and the other played 5 games which is not even up to 200 minutes

If you want to speak for a player next time please speak for someone who is having game time,at least like zuby

Finito

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 12:52pm On Aug 01, 2020
Subzero047:
Balogun starts after spending not more than one week at club

My man!!!

If he can’t start in rangers where should he start ?

He might even be their best defender

Not lucky at Brighton

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 12:56pm On Aug 01, 2020
andrewbaba44:

If he can’t start in rangers where should he start ?

He might even be their best defender

Not lucky at Brighton

You didn't get my point
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 12:56pm On Aug 01, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
Erroneous comments. Obviously b'cos you are one of those who speak against Nwakali. grin

Nwakali is not playing yet he featured in five of Huesca's games leading to promotion. So how didn't he play please? Work permit issues and a need to up his fitness levels to a good degree stopped him from making his debut much earlier but eventually the coach played him.

Zubby played but was also missing in action in his club's last round of games due to injury or so.

So yes, they can both be in the same sentence. One gained promotion to la liga with his side and even lifted the la Liga 2 title with his side despite joining them late. The other conquered Turkey and still picked up his medal despite missing their final rounds of games.

So Andy don't digress from the main point abeg.

The main point is this: Let people here compare Tammy and Osimhen as much as they want. If you don't like the comparison, jump and pass over it but don't say they shouldn't compare. Comparison is part of sports banter afterall. grin

5 games out of how many ?

How many of the 5 games did he start ?

How many minutes did he play in the 5 games ?

Bros no be me you go tell all this ones ,the people wey you go rob their faces dem plenty here ,Andy is not one of them

Why are you yet to troll Tammy ? You no go even try am self because you know better even if you are not a fan ,I don insult Tammy here tire ,but I will give him kudos for scoring 15 goals

If nwakali does well in laliga watch me praise him as if I like him more than you and others here

I don pass my point

Happy salah grin

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 12:58pm On Aug 01, 2020
Subzero047:

You didn't get my point

I get your point baba

You are telling me how good he is and I supported that
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 1:13pm On Aug 01, 2020
Barryseal:

He's being dragged all over by Evertonians on Instagram. They are saying he's stealing a living, hoping he gone and never come back.
I think it's best he disabled his Instagram comments. If his growth is being hampered, should look at trying a different country.

I don't think Iwobi is the type that pays attention to what people say about him on social media, otherwise,he would have disabled his accounts already..
As far as I can tell, hardly 3 games go by that he won't get abuse from fans on SM since he made his professional debut for arsenal...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by nelszx: 1:13pm On Aug 01, 2020
Dessers with a goal via the spot kick as Genk leads Lens at HT

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 1:14pm On Aug 01, 2020
I have heard of this Folarin and he has been good at youth level. But can he make the step up to the senior game.

He is being impatient, my advice he should go on loan to another club Championship and or lower positioned EPL club. If he or performs then his position will be completely different.

And £8 million for a player who has done nothing seems high and over the top.

A certain Chuba Akpom comes to mind great at youth level but largely impotent at senior level after several loans.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 1:17pm On Aug 01, 2020
TheLoneCitizen:

Manu Lonjon reporting that Leeds and Inter Milan are in negotiations with Emmanuel Dennis.

https://mobile.twitter.com/ManuLonjon/status/1289212902679777281?p=v

More update: Inter Milan are clear favourites, it is not clear how much they are willing to pay since Brugge are asking for 20-25M

Another big move is imminent.

Di Marzio reported some hours ago of Atalanta's interest. They have made a bid for the player this morning.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:19pm On Aug 01, 2020
Your post proves exactly my point. Since you refuse to acknowledge Nwakali's steady good progress from latest events seen so far since his return culminating in his promotion to La liga with his new side then it also shows you don't wanna leave the boy alone. You guys keep referring to the past. What about Now? What is happening now? Has the lad not gained Promotion? Has he not come back to playing again? Is he still inactive? How were his performances on his return? Encouraging or not? But no... You keep going to things the lad has moved on from. You keep bringing up episodes/pages that has been turned over with the person in question back playing again. That's the problem with bias. Always looking for a ground to stand on and make its point look sound when it's not. grin

Now Andy, since you won't leave Nwakali the heck alone then allow people here to compare Osimhen and Tammy on anything they feel like.

Tbh, It is even unfair to Osimhen sef becos Tammy finished his league season while Osimhen didn't (Had 10 league games to play). But despite that... Osimhen still had more goals in all Comps (18) than Tammy (17) who has played more games. That enough should make a mockery of whoever compared both back then and put them on same level.

And try to read Andy... I don't like repeating myself. Read and comprehend. I said I have much better things doing and I would rather focus on our Nigerian football lads and other lads eligible for us than to focus on another having nothing to do with our team either by eligibility or prospective takes. Simple. Hope that is comprehensible enough for you now. Merci. grin

andrewbaba44:

5 games out of how many ?

How many of the 5 games did he start ?

How many minutes did he play in the 5 games ?

Bros no be me you go tell all this ones ,the people wey you go rob their faces dem plenty here ,Andy is not one of them

Why are you yet to troll Tammy ? You no go even try am self because you know better even if you are not a fan ,I don insult Tammy here tire ,but I will give him kudos for scoring 15 goals

If nwakali does well in laliga watch me praise him as if I like him more than you and others here

I don pass my point

Happy salah grin

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 1:21pm On Aug 01, 2020
Reading Sky sports transfer portal and the information they are giving about Victor Osimhen transfer fee, is completely different from what l am reading here.

I did say cannot understand why we have so much conflicting information about this one transfer.

Strange a lot of drama before and a lot of drama afterwards agents dispute and the actual transfer fee.

Well with time these things always come out eventually.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 1:22pm On Aug 01, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
Your post proves exactly my point. Since you refuse to acknowledge Nwakali's steady good progress from latest events seen so far since his return culminating in his promotion to La liga with his new side then it also shows you don't wanna leave the boy alone. You guys keep referring to the past. What about Now? What is happening now? Has the lad not gained Promotion? Has he not come back to playing again? Is he still inactive? How were his performances on his return? Encouraging or not? But no... You keep going to things the lad has moved on from. You keep bringing up episodes/pages that has been turned over with the person in question back playing again. That's the problem with bias. Always looking for a ground to stand on and make its point look sound when it's not. grin

Now Andy, since you won't leave Nwakali the heck alone then allow people here to compare Osimhen and Tammy on anything they feel like.

Tbh, It is even unfair to Osimhen sef becos Tammy finished his league season while Osimhen didn't (Had 10 league games to play). But despite that... Osimhen still had more goals in all Comps (18) than Tammy (17) who has played more games. That enough should make a mockery of whoever compared both back then and put them on same level.

And try to read Andy... I don't like repeating myself. Read and comprehend. I said I have much better things doing and I would rather focus on our Nigerian football lads and other lads eligible for us than to focus on another having nothing to do with our team either by eligibility or prospective takes. Simple. Hope that is comprehensible enough for you now. Merci. grin

Nerdy I no wan type much again

But you know I have no problem with nwakali

You know me too well for all these shit

I rest my case baba
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 1:23pm On Aug 01, 2020
Danielnino00:

I don't think Iwobi is the type that pays attention to what people say about him on social media, otherwise,he would have disabled his accounts already..
As far as I can tell, hardly 3 games go by that he won't get abuse from fans on SM since he made his professional debut for arsenal...

You can tell from his arsenal days

The guy no send
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 1:26pm On Aug 01, 2020
andrewbaba44:

You can tell from his arsenal days

The guy no send

Seriously grin

Some people even created Twitter accounts just to troll him while he was at arsenal..

I think Iwobi needs to leave England..

If things don't go well for him at Everton,he may end up at a smaller club which could affect his progress..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by IDENNAA(m): 1:27pm On Aug 01, 2020
Barryseal:

He really has nothing to offer....he stole from Nigeria and made fun of my black brothers
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:29pm On Aug 01, 2020
komekn:

I have not been proven wrong ONCE especially not by you and you over sensationalism and over hype of players. And you creation of inconsequential divides between Nigerian origin players in Europe and your definition of Nigerian home grown players.

Maybe in your perception birthed from your own notions. Not once have you proven me wrong.

You are the con always taking things out of context and then pushing a false narrative.

With regards to Victor my comments are always in CONTEXT of THAT TIME and in response to an issue, contention or information raised prior to my post.

When caught pants down and dead wrong Everytime you scream different terms such as "At that time", "Context", "That time", "Back then"... Ohh please spare me all your usual evasive run-arounds...

You just keep adding more lies upon more lies...

You, who own paraphrased statements like:

"Osimhen will or could end up like Chrisantus Macaulay. Why won't he end up like Chrisantus? Afterall Chrisantus was even more highly rated than Osimhen yet see where he ended up... So Osimhen could go same route..."

So many of such caustic gaffes like this and yet you lie denying them to the "faces" of everyone reading. Mister... It's okay please... Abeg... Biko... It's okay before you drop more lies. It's okay grin Gracias. wink

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 1:32pm On Aug 01, 2020
Danielnino00:

Seriously grin

Some people even created Twitter accounts just to troll him while he was at arsenal..

I think Iwobi needs to leave England..

If things don't go well for him at Everton,he may end up at a smaller club which could affect his progress..

I believe things will go well but Italy and Spain is always there

But most of these guys are scared to take a pay cut ,iwobi should be earning about 100k weekly at Everton and we all know no laliga or seria A club will pay him such amount

Even with Osimhen big transfer I doubt his Napoli pay is up to 100k weekly self

Iwobi don mature pass the level wey be say na troll go be him problem

(1) (2) (3) ... (9120) (9121) (9122) (9123) (9124) (9125) (9126) ... (16145) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: TheGoodJoe(m), M7even(m), KpagoGIN(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.