Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,782 members, 7,831,523 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:10 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (9121) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11760586 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9118) (9119) (9120) (9121) (9122) (9123) (9124) ... (16185) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:43am On Aug 01, 2020
For posterity's sake... For the records... For this brand new era of Nigerian football... July 31, 2020 shall be one special date.

Here is your accurate/correctly updated list of the most expensive players in history from the African continent. cool

24 Likes 5 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 12:50am On Aug 01, 2020
Blueelf:

I seriously don't get his tweet

Did he type while being high?

Why can't people just type in correct English?

He was saying in a context that those footballers of old prefered playing football than goals and assists numbers
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 12:56am On Aug 01, 2020
Truidstar:
Sir, you make very intelligent openings and coherent arguments....but your Nwakali position has me baffeled. Nwakali's mate just signed for Napoli, Chukwueze is been linked to Valencia....Do we have to keep on encouraging mediocrity all in the name of sentiments and past glory?
Nwakali might end up being greater than both.
All things are possible,just 2 yrs ago,most people wouldn't have predicted Osimhen's success story today let alone Africa's record signing.

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 1:07am On Aug 01, 2020
JayromWrites:

Andrew said he wouldn't play rada rada

Okay sorry

Him go play

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JayromWrites: 1:17am On Aug 01, 2020
andrewbaba44:

Dennis no go get game time for inter millan as that team is occupied

Take it or leave it

You go tell me weda na lautaro or Lukaku e go bench ,Sanchez is still there if the purchase him permanent

No caps

But him go play sha

Even if na Ighalo-esque playing
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 1:26am On Aug 01, 2020
charlesemeka85:

Rangers manager Steven Gerrrad has heaped plaudits on Joe Aribo following the midfielder’s impressive pre-season form, reports Completesports.com.

The Nigerian international proved his class in the Gers friendlies ahead of the new season.

Aribo also scored sublime goals in the friendly wins against Motherwell and Coventry City.

�️”During pre-season, we have been very considerate. Joe Aribo has been stunning, defensively we have looked solid and looked threatening going forward,”Gerard told a press conference on Friday.

”Brandon Barker was looking great and a real threat during these matches also.”

He linked up with Rangers from Charlton Athletic last summer.

The 24-year-old scored three goals in 27 league appearances for Rangers last season.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 4:24am On Aug 01, 2020
Danielnino00:

Their stats self is almost d same...
The only special thing I saw in that video is his pace
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 4:48am On Aug 01, 2020
Nike Air Max 95 gets version in honor of Nigeria
by Vinicius Voutsinas | July 29, 2020 | Portalrapmais

Nike presents yet another shoe influenced by the shirt of the Nigerian football team.
With one of the most recognized uniforms in the world of professional football in recent years, Nigeria's football team has become a popular icon for its presence on the pitch. Dressed in neon tones and trendy prints, the team probably set the tone for the sportswear style and it seems that this influence is reaching even in the main Nike releases.

The Air Max 95, as well as the Presto, are receiving the vibrant “Naija” tones complete with commemorative insignia along the insole. The side profile, whose layers mix various materials of different textures and shades, cascades down with illusory line patterns and an infinity of different geometric shapes.

Elsewhere, the black midsoles are marked with corresponding green air units and toes of similar dark suede fabric. The languages ​​choose the same neutral point, albeit in a ripstop, contrasting with the eye that remains with ties whose saturated green fabric carries even more symbols.

Take a look at the official images below and expect a launch to hit Nike.com soon.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 4:56am On Aug 01, 2020
Nike Zoom Freak 2 sneaker inspired by Nigeria's uniform is revealed
Vinicius Voutsinas | July 24, 2020 | Portalrapmais

Giannis Antetokounmpo's newest signature sneaker is almost here.
Giannis Antetokounmpo has established himself as one of the biggest and best players in the entire NBA. Last season, he won the MVP award and it looks like he is in the mood to win the award again. 2019 was a huge year for other reasons, as Giannis won his first signature sneaker with Nike .

This sneaker was called the Nike Zoom Freak 1 and appeared in dozens of colors that many fans are still proud to wear. The last few months have been filled with Zoom Freak 2 teasers and are now finally being released.

The inaugural colorway is being called “Naija” and featured a white, black and green top. Nothing has been officially said, but tennis brings clear inspirations to the shirt of Nigeria's national football team, which has the same name “Naija” and was hugely successful. The reference makes perfect sense, since Giannis is the son of Nigerian parents.

This bulky model is incredibly colorful and will certainly stand out. The official images below give us our best appearance, and we can only imagine what types of colors we will have from the model in the not-so-distant future.

As for this “Naija” offer, you can expect it to come out on Saturday, July 25th.

All Images via Nike
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:52am On Aug 01, 2020
Time for some throwback of my comments on Osimhen after the South African game in 2017. Despite not getting few reviews, in that few moments, he took my breath away and showed intense promise.

I think this is what Gatusso saw and I pray Osimhen surpasses my expectations for him.

OsiBobo, the new Phenomenon.

cc: TheSuperNerd and Icon4s

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:53am On Aug 01, 2020
TheGoodJoe:
Osimhen is a star.
June 10, 2017
https://www.nairaland.com/3018619/super-eagles-thread-dawn-new/1101#57392413

cc: TheSuperNerd and Icon4s

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:55am On Aug 01, 2020
TheGoodJoe:
With the arrival of Osimhen in the Team, it is only matter of time before he takes over that role. Within the few minutes he had on the pitch, the young man showed drive, passion, determination, skill, work rate and the ability to cause defenders problems.

I totally disagree with anyone saying Iheanacho is not a number 9 because in this game, the problem we had was not creating chances for the forwards. Ironically, the best chance came from Iheanacho to Etebo which Etebo missed. If Iheanacho had more chances like that, he would have taken it.

Time we adapt to a 4-4-2 attacking set up. With Osimhen and Iheanacho we have a fantastic pair. With a better set up midfield, we can create loads of chances and cause havoc to opposing defenses.

June 10, 2017
https://www.nairaland.com/3018619/super-eagles-thread-dawn-new/1101#57392537

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:00am On Aug 01, 2020
TheGoodJoe:

He will. Osimhen showed lots of strength for his age. Caused problems with his running. In that few moment, caused problem on the flanks. I think he even won a freekick in a dangerous spot.

Before saying he will not make the Chelsea U18, keep in mind Rohr handed him the nine shirt. That is very big and shows the manager's belief in the young man's talent.
June 11, 2017
https://www.nairaland.com/3018619/super-eagles-thread-dawn-new/1109#57399963

cc: TheSuperNerd, Icon4s and komekn grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:04am On Aug 01, 2020
TheGoodJoe:

I will take this if it came from another person but you, Im Im, I can smell bias.

Are we talking of the same Osimhen that showed strength, speed and purposefulness? Did you notice him on the flank where he went with his body against a South African and won the ball? If there was anything he showed, he is physically ready for the Super Eagles.
June 11, 2017
https://www.nairaland.com/3018619/super-eagles-thread-dawn-new/1115#57416832

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 7:08am On Aug 01, 2020
TheGoodJoe:

June 11, 2017
https://www.nairaland.com/3018619/super-eagles-thread-dawn-new/1115#57416832

Bros, I don't know what you are trying to justify here.

I doubt there is anyone here who thought Osimhen will not end up great. But as for that game against SA in 2017, he wasn't ready.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:08am On Aug 01, 2020
TheGoodJoe:

Come on Collin. The old Center forward. Really? We have seen teams do well without the old center forward style of play and maybe you are yet to notice that playing an old center forward requires a team reducing building from the back and relying on long balls.

That is defending deep and lounging the ball to a huge man to hold and distribute it.

This is more of a call in change of style and the question is that, are you sure the Ideye and Ighalo can offer more than we have at our disposal?

If that is the case, bring them to camp, screen and drill. If they come up tops, they have my nod but if they do not beat Osimhen in camp, it is a disservice to ourselves dropping a promising youngster with huge talent and better quality for old legs.

The press have destroyed a lot of progress in Nigerian football with their rigorous calls for old legs and shortsightedness. Rohr has moved the team forward in a short time. Give the man time to work before tearing down his structure.

June 15, 2017 (response to a Collin Udoh's statement.)

https://www.nairaland.com/3018619/super-eagles-thread-dawn-new/1134#57540944

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:10am On Aug 01, 2020
Icon4s:

Bros, I don't know what you are trying to justify here.

I doubt there is anyone here who thought Osimhen will not end up great. But as for that game against SA in 2017, he wasn't ready.

Big Bro. I am not justifying anything. I am just pointing out that it is nice seeing our belief in a promising future for the young man happen and hope he keeps excelling.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:15am On Aug 01, 2020
TheGoodJoe:

I was so crazy about Nacho's finishing until I watched Osimhen. I have not seen a striker wrap his foot around the ball when shooting like Osimhen.

With Osimhen coming in, I opt we play a similar system to Enrique's Barcelona. As Guardiola puts it, a Machine made up of excellent forwards.

With Success, Osimhen and Iheanacho, setting up as Neymar, Suarez and Messi. All forwards with brilliant goal scoring records.

October 16, 2016
https://www.nairaland.com/3018619/super-eagles-thread-dawn-new/164#50253296

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:19am On Aug 01, 2020
Interesting times ahead. I hope Osimhen takes this opportunity by storm.

By the way, I hope Amaju Pinnick is seeing the effect of a well planned and sponsored U17 programme. The last one was poorly handled and I hope we treat the coming ones with respect.

The foreign borns have a good development platform. It is a disservice neglecting the loads of talents stranded in Nigeria by not carrying a thorough and fair screening process, and training programme.

If we get it right and fuel the u17 properly every two years, we can build a super team, coupled with the massive talents in diaspora, the Super Eagles can become a mean machine.

The League of Extraordinary Hitmen is still alive.

cc: TheSuperNerd

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:20am On Aug 01, 2020
Joebie:
Nike Air Max 95 gets version in honor of Nigeria
by Vinicius Voutsinas | July 29, 2020 | Portalrapmais

Nike presents yet another shoe influenced by the shirt of the Nigerian football team.
With one of the most recognized uniforms in the world of professional football in recent years, Nigeria's football team has become a popular icon for its presence on the pitch. Dressed in neon tones and trendy prints, the team probably set the tone for the sportswear style and it seems that this influence is reaching even in the main Nike releases.

The Air Max 95, as well as the Presto, are receiving the vibrant “Naija” tones complete with commemorative insignia along the insole. The side profile, whose layers mix various materials of different textures and shades, cascades down with illusory line patterns and an infinity of different geometric shapes.

Elsewhere, the black midsoles are marked with corresponding green air units and toes of similar dark suede fabric. The languages ​​choose the same neutral point, albeit in a ripstop, contrasting with the eye that remains with ties whose saturated green fabric carries even more symbols.

Take a look at the official images below and expect a launch to hit Nike.com soon.

Beautiful and insanely brilliant.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 7:31am On Aug 01, 2020
grin grin grin grin grin

forgiveness:

I salute my Oga for this honest acknowledgement. grin

Solanke is more than no 9. He can as an atm and winger.

Of course, he can bench Iheanacho in the no 9 role wella. grin

How can Osimhen be better than Solanke? grin

Only the blind one can say Osimhen is better than Solanke. grin

10 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 7:33am On Aug 01, 2020
Andy my man, check this shirt out. It sure gonna look good on us.

I'm getting it!!!!!!!

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 7:34am On Aug 01, 2020
forgiveness:

I salute my Oga for this honest acknowledgement. grin

Solanke is more than no 9. He can as an atm and winger.

Of course, he can bench Iheanacho in the no 9 role wella. grin

How can Osimhen be better than Solanke? grin

Only the blind one can say Osimhen is better than Solanke. grin

Mad oooo grin

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Olulong(m): 7:35am On Aug 01, 2020
Subzero047:
This tweet!
Awon ti Elfy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 7:37am On Aug 01, 2020
forgiveness:
The world doesn't end in this thread else how can Dominic Solanke who was tagged and condemned below average win the player of the Tournament? shocked shocked shocked grin grin

Na only for dis thread Solanke no good. shocked grin

I have been vindicated that I have not defended Dominic Solanke or other based on nepotism, tribalism and sentiment which many accused me of especially the ring leader Icon4s(the icon of sentiment). ;DThat I defended them based on common sense and on football only.

Maka Chukwu, I thank you. My name has been cleared from the bad book of sentiment. Na you biko. grin

You have really been vindicated my brother. Solanke is the best thing since bread&butter grin grin

10 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 7:40am On Aug 01, 2020
Where is Danny my man? grin

Which of the varieties of pie do you prefer? Meat, fish or... wink

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 7:51am On Aug 01, 2020
forgiveness:
Bhuuuhahaha! Dominic Solanke the best player of the Tournament. shocked shocked shocked cry cry cry grin grin grin

I no tell una. grin

Like I said Solanke, Onomah, Ojo, Lookman, Ajagun etc will bench many of the Super Eagles first 11. grin
Forgiveness come out here

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 7:52am On Aug 01, 2020
ChrisKels:
Where is Danny my man? grin

Which of the varieties of pie do you prefer? Meat, fish or... wink

wow 96 million Nigeria has just achieved a great feat ...am proud of this young lad he kept his head low and kept working very hard I hope to see him in Africa best 11 he has achieved what Tammy can never achueve in his entire career i hopes Dennis and chuks move to a better club too.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 7:55am On Aug 01, 2020
zicky:
When the coach was bringing in Oshimen, I told the guy by my side that even if Nigeria bring in a Lewandoski that Nigeria will not score cos I saw that Nacho or Kayode was not the problem but the midfieldn they were very poor.

The day we took our L in Uyo against SA, this post stood out for me

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 8:02am On Aug 01, 2020
sheyishemba:

wow 96 million Nigeria has just achieved a great feat ...am proud of this young lad he kept his head low and kept working very hard I hope to see him in Africa best 11 he has achieved what Tammy can never achueve in his entire career i hopes Dennis and chuks move to a better club too.

With all these big moves and records, it feels really bad to be a Ghanaian now, especially in the midst of Nigerians. Those guys dealt with me back then when Essien, Muntari et al were flying high whilst we were parading the likes of Olofinjana, Ayila, Shittu, Nwaneri etc chai

Ghanaweb and Ghanasoccernet those days

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:17am On Aug 01, 2020
ChrisKels:
Andy my man, check this shirt out. It sure gonna look good on us.

I'm getting it!!!!!!!

Stunning.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by DrKlever(m): 9:11am On Aug 01, 2020
Thesupernerd and Thegoodhoe please create a thread on Victor Osimhen transfer for frontpage. So many misleading details about his transfer fee.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (9118) (9119) (9120) (9121) (9122) (9123) (9124) ... (16185) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: semid4lyfe(m), elyte89, Truidstarr and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.