Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,614 members, 7,813,011 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:55 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (9124) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11621132 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9121) (9122) (9123) (9124) (9125) (9126) (9127) ... (16134) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:32pm On Aug 01, 2020
andrewbaba44:

Nerdy I no wan type much again

But you know I have no problem with nwakali

You know me too well for all these shit

I rest my case baba

No problem then... We shake on this, at this point, as men. cool

Until another time... wink

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 1:34pm On Aug 01, 2020
TheSuperNerd:

When caught pants down and dead wrong Everytime you scream different terms such as "At that time", "Context", "That time", "Back then"... Ohh please spare me all your usual evasive run-arounds...

You just keep adding more lies upon more lies...

You, who own paraphrased statements like:

"Osimhen will or could end up like Chrisantus Macaulay. Why won't he end up like Chrisantus? Afterall Chrisantus was even more highly rated than Osimhen yet see where he ended up... So Osimhen could go same route..."

So many of such caustic gaffes like this and yet you lie denying them to the "faces" of everyone reading. Mister... It's okay please... Abeg... Biko... It's okay before you drop more lies. It's okay grin Gracias. wink

Lol
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 1:38pm On Aug 01, 2020
andrewbaba44:

I believe things will go well but Italy and Spain is always there

But most of these guys are scared to take a pay cut ,iwobi should be earning about 100k weekly at Everton and we all know no laliga or seria A club will pay him such amount

Even with Osimhen big transfer I doubt his Napoli pay is up to 100k weekly self

Iwobi don mature pass the level wey be say na troll go be him problem

Actually, Iwobi earns 50k per week..
That shouldn't be too much for some mid table teams in Spain and Italy..

My concern is that a lot of premier league teams don't put much effort into developing players they can sell for big money like their counterparts in other leagues.So if Iwobi doesn't step up soon,they may discard him and maybe a smaller club would pick him up,which would affect his progress.

To be frank, Iwobi hasn't improved much since he made his professional debut.. inconsistency has always been his problem!

As for Osimhen,maybe thesupernerd has an idea how much his salary entails..

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by IDENNAA(m): 1:41pm On Aug 01, 2020
Danielnino00:

3 years later, Solanke hasn't scored up to 5 premier league goals in over 50 appearance and he lead his team to relegation, while Iheanacho is getting back to his best while Osimhen is now Africa's most expensive signing...

Ironically,Solanke is heading to the same championship Komekn said Iheanacho and Osimhen won't get to play for even in the youth team.
grin

You see this life, it is like a dice on roll...

Now , this is just below the belt grin...they can't curse whom God had blessed

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 1:48pm On Aug 01, 2020
Danielnino00:

My concern is that a lot of premier league teams don't put much effort into developing players they can sell for big money like their counterparts in other leagues.So if Iwobi doesn't step up soon,they may discard him and maybe a smaller club would pick him up,which would affect his progress.

To be frank, Iwobi hasn't improved much since he made his professional debut.. inconsistency has always been his problem!

Yes he has been inconsistent

But he ain’t earning 50k ooo e pass

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by IDENNAA(m): 1:49pm On Aug 01, 2020
Blueelf:

Sure thing...Tammy has really done well

Nobody should still be arguing that

Its not easy to score 15 goals a season for chelsea in the EPL

I will wait until werner does the same before concluding

As for comparison to Osimhen, lets wait and see...I hope Osimhen lives to the billing in Naples

Why won't he. What's the pessimism for ?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:51pm On Aug 01, 2020
Osimhen will earn a base salary of 4M€ per year NET which will increase within two years to 4.5M€/yr NET.

I understand there are some salary bonus clauses which places the salary range between 4M and 5.5 M€ but base salary is 4M which will become 4.5M within 2years of his time with Napoli.

So at 4M per year, he will earn over 80,000 € a week, close to 90k.

While at 4.5M per year, he will take home a base salary of close to 100K a week, that's above 90K a week in euros.

The salary bonuses added ontop could see him take home roughly 100K+ a week.

That's the maths.

Danielnino00:

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 1:59pm On Aug 01, 2020
andrewbaba44:

Dennis no go get game time for inter millan as that team is occupied

Take it or leave it

You go tell me weda na lautaro or Lukaku e go bench ,Sanchez is still there if the purchase him permanent

If Dennis was from Bahia Argentina u won't be saying this. What has Lautaro accomplished in his career?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 2:08pm On Aug 01, 2020
BascoVanVeli:

If Dennis was from Bahia Argentina u won't be saying this. What has Lautaro accomplished in his career?

Na here we Dey wey I talk say lautaro is not good enough for Barcelona and I called him an average player ,and even despite the hype I was putting him on the same level with osimhen

Na still me defend the same Dennis when many of you said he wasn’t good enough for the epl

I talk things as I see am

Did I tell you lautaro is world class ?

This is not about achievement ,you need to think well before you talk next time than jumping into conclusion and saying nonsense

Lautaro is a proven seria A player with so much hype and big price tag,if I am not mistaken he is inter most prized asset and one of the best young players in seria A

This is not about being from Brazil ,even gabigol didn’t make it at inter Milan so what’s your point ?

Stop saying nonsense sir

Lautaro is a better player than Dennis

But what do I even expect from someone that rate the crappy naija league

I no go suprise if you talk say junior lokosa go bench immobile for lazio grin

Oga go sit down one place Abeg

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 2:08pm On Aug 01, 2020
komekn:
I have heard of this Folarin and he has been good at youth level. But can he make the step up to the senior game.

He is being impatient, my advice he should go on loan to another club Championship and or lower positioned EPL club. If he or performs then his position will be completely different.

And £8 million for a player who has done nothing seems high and over the top.

A certain Chuba Akpom comes to mind great at youth level but largely impotent at senior level after several loans.

Folarin is on point he is on the verge of joining Brentford
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 2:08pm On Aug 01, 2020
BascoVanVeli:

is it about accomplishment or how talented and gifted a player is?

Oga no try compare Dennis and lautaro cus the latter is the most sought after striker in the world right and super good.

Na over hype go kill us here one day

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 2:09pm On Aug 01, 2020
Dessers scored for Genk for the fourth game running, although was a penalty. FINISHED 1-1.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 2:09pm On Aug 01, 2020
I just had to share this

if Lionel Messi went 14,500 minutes (161 full games), that’s 3 seasons, without a single G/A, his career G/A per 90 would be 1.10

Cristiano Ronaldo currently has a career G/A per 90 of 1.09

#Copied

There are different levels in this GOAT state

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 2:13pm On Aug 01, 2020
Edopesin:
I just had to share this

if Lionel Messi went 14,500 minutes (161 full games), that’s 3 seasons, without a single G/A, his career G/A per 90 would be 1.10

Cristiano Ronaldo currently has a career G/A per 90 of 1.09

#Copied

There are different levels in this GOAT state

My broda how FA go be today grin grin cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Koboko99(m): 2:16pm On Aug 01, 2020
komekn:

Football is not science and mathematics.

It's projection and probability.

Nonetheless, the post TheGoodJoe is referring to is over three years ago. When Osimhen was a mere teenager.

Was struggling in Wolfsburg contrary to the shameless misinformation and misrepresentation that has been presented as facts by a number of misguided contribututors.

That I HATE HIM.

The screen shot is more or less self explanatory taken in context objective yet positive.

Football is here and now, football is projection and probability..... which one you even dey sef. Stay one place my guy.

7 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 2:19pm On Aug 01, 2020
sheyishemba:

My broda how FA go be today grin grin cheesy

Omo lampard does not sound confident in winning it, His commentary no give me joy and I fear the players are too relaxed
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 2:20pm On Aug 01, 2020
Edopesin:

Omo lampard does not sound confident in winning it, His commentary no give me joy and I fear the players are too relaxed

Baba no fear we go conquer
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 2:21pm On Aug 01, 2020
Transfer Market's latest update on the deal that took Osimhen to Napoli.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by DABIGATRAN(m): 2:23pm On Aug 01, 2020
Leon Balogun started at left side of CB and put in a good shift for Rangers at Aberdeen. Rangers are leading 1:0.
Aberdeen with no shot on target.

Match has ended. Aberdeen 0-1 Rangers.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Barryseal: 2:30pm On Aug 01, 2020
komekn:
Reading Sky sports transfer portal and the information they are giving about Victor Osimhen transfer fee, is completely different from what l am reading here.

I did say cannot understand why we have so much conflicting information about this one transfer.

Strange a lot of drama before and a lot of drama afterwards agents dispute and the actual transfer fee.

Well with time these things always come out eventually.

Osimhen's transfer is not an African record. Lille got €45M + a potential €5M add ons. Also, 4 youth players valued at €5M each went to Lille. The sum of the entire deal plus add ons makes up to €70M.
This makes him second most expensive west African.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 2:31pm On Aug 01, 2020
Good debut for Balogun..
He was the joint third highest rated player on the pitch today alongside 2 other teammates...

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 2:31pm On Aug 01, 2020
andrewbaba44:

Na here we Dey wey I talk say lautaro is not good enough for Barcelona and I called him an average player ,and even despite the hype I was putting him on the same level with osimhen

Na still me defend the same Dennis when many of you said he wasn’t good enough for the epl

I talk things as I see am

Did I tell you lautaro is world class ?

This is not about achievement ,you need to think well before you talk next time than jumping into conclusion and saying nonsense

Lautaro is a proven seria A player with so much hype and big price tag,if I am not mistaken he is inter most prized asset and one of the best young players in seria A

This is not about being from Brazil ,even gabigol didn’t make it at inter Milan so what’s your point ?

Stop saying nonsense sir

Lautaro is a better player than Dennis

But what do I even expect from someone that rate the crappy naija league

I no go suprise if you talk say junior lokosa go bench immobile for lazio grin

Oga go sit down one place Abeg

My friend shut it up. Everytime someone disagrees with u u resort to insults.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 2:31pm On Aug 01, 2020
Balogun with a clean sheet and man of the match performance in his first appearance

Too easy grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 2:33pm On Aug 01, 2020
Barryseal:

Osimhen's transfer is not an African record. Lille got €45M + a potential €5M add ons. Also, 4 youth players valued at €5M each went to Lille. The sum of the entire deal plus add ons makes up to €70M.
This makes him second most expensive west African.

Too many conflicting reports here and there...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 2:34pm On Aug 01, 2020
BascoVanVeli:

My friend shut it up. Everytime someone disagrees with u u resort to insults.

I have not insulted anyone for days

Check the records grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 2:37pm On Aug 01, 2020
sheyishemba:

Baba no fear we go conquer
Make we dey watch grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 2:42pm On Aug 01, 2020
Danielnino00:

Too many conflicting reports here and there...
Somebody said €100 million somewhere cheesy I just dey laugh
Though it doesn't change the fact that you goofed sha grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 2:45pm On Aug 01, 2020
charlesemeka85:
is it about accomplishment or how talented and gifted a player is?

Oga no try compare Dennis and lautaro cus the latter is the most sought after striker in the world right and super good.

Na over hype go kill us here one day

Oga the Barcelona board belongs to the streets. U can't use our transfer list to gauge anything.

I wouldn't take him over Richarlison, Jimenez, Danny Ings, Ocampos or Gerrard Moreno as we speak.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 2:47pm On Aug 01, 2020
Edopesin:

Somebody said €100 million somewhere cheesy I just dey laugh

Though it doesn't change the fact that you goofed sha grin

I goofed?
How??

Given the circumstances, €60m was a huge fee for him....

Like I told u before,if he wasn't a Nigerian,u won't have said he was worth that amount..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 2:59pm On Aug 01, 2020
Let me just say that Emmanuel Denis can play for inter Milan. This should not even be a discussion, only that people have not really watched the boy in action.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:59pm On Aug 01, 2020
komekn:

Football is not science and mathematics.

It's projection and probability.

Nonetheless, the post TheGoodJoe is referring to is over three years ago. When Osimhen was a mere teenager.

Was struggling in Wolfsburg contrary to the shameless misinformation and misrepresentation that has been presented as facts by a number of misguided contribututors.

That I HATE HIM.

The screen shot is more or less self explanatory taken in context objective yet positive.

Do not make it personal. No one gets it right always.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 3:00pm On Aug 01, 2020
Danielnino00:

I goofed?
How??

Given the circumstances, €60m was a huge fee for him....

Like I told u before,if he wasn't a Nigerian,u won't have said he was worth that amount..

But yet he has been signed for significantly more than that amount despite the circumstances and in a probable excess amounting to €100 million grin

We see European players that cannot lace his shoes going for far more so he is worth every penny

Why e dey hard you to take L

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (9121) (9122) (9123) (9124) (9125) (9126) (9127) ... (16134) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: do4luv14(m), kennysville(m) and 10 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.