Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,302 members, 7,829,708 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:48 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (16132) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11752300 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16129) (16130) (16131) (16132) (16133) (16134) (16135) ... (16182) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 7:57pm On Apr 29
TheSuperNerd:
You didn't drop the scenarios for Finidi. He is the actual coach.

@bolded... inevitable but only if we do qualify can this be avoided.

People have buried Finidi before death

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:58pm On Apr 29
Just that angle?

Odunayaw:
People have buried Finidi before death

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 7:59pm On Apr 29
Na naira self he paid oo. After, I converted it to dollars, the money no reach my electricity bill. lol! @elyte89!
TheSuperNerd:

So the transfer later go through sef... hahaha... Kwaruption spotted. Marjoribanks, no return that money oooo. Chop am. Elyte89 go learn today.

At least Finidi ball better pass your Route one Haram football🤣🤣

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 8:01pm On Apr 29
Pro amuneke
Pro foreign
Pro elyte(if any🤣🤣)
Pro finidi

Let’s move ahead from d appointment drama and support our new coach in d person of finidi ,after all our common interest is the success of super eagles 🦅

Signed
Coach elyte😎

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:02pm On Apr 29
Marjoribanks:
Na naira self he paid oo. After, I converted it to dollars, the money no reach my electricity bill. lol! @elyte89!

Eeiiiiii....

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:03pm On Apr 29
elyte89:
Pro amuneke
Pro foreign
Pro elyte(if any🤣🤣)
Pro finidi

Let’s move ahead from d appointment drama and support our new coach in d person of finidi ,after all our common interest is the success of super eagles 🦅

Signed
Coach elyte😎

Pro Elyte people na people wey no like Tiki taka. 😂😂

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:09pm On Apr 29
You and I know I never really liked Jpes. I didn't fancy him at all.

But I cannot deny he took us to Afcon Silver after making a few changes to the personnel and his formation. Yes, he played Haram Defensive football and this made Osimhen adapt his game to make the defensive setup work for as long as the final.

Point is, I gave Peseiro his credits eventually.

So when Finidi does well or even exceeds expectations... I won't go blind to it. I will praise it. I want this team to succeed so bad and I want coaches who will not dull on making some right calls on invitations and a playing approach that would uplift the team rather than downgrade us from tactical points of views.

So in all, time will tell. Finidi messes up and he surely gets the stick. Finidi does okay, he will get the praise.

elyte89:
Pro amuneke
Pro foreign
Pro elyte(if any🤣🤣)
Pro finidi

Signed
Coach elyte😎

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 8:19pm On Apr 29
lbrichman2:

He go wait for another 2 years, then he go apply again..
I seriously hope he has investments because he never see work for months and I'm concerned for him
Had it been he is a good coach he will likely get a job before the year runs out and even use an NPFL team to build his profile but unfortunately he is a below average coach

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 8:21pm On Apr 29
humility33:

Had it been he is a good coach he will likely get a job before the year runs out and even use an NPFL team to build his profile but unfortunately he is a below average coach

So what’s ur take on finidi ?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 8:22pm On Apr 29
Joebie:
I agree with that. And I believe he will get the job someday proving he merits it.
He should go and upgrade himself

If egbo wins the league again and Nsein does well in the US they may get the job before him
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 8:24pm On Apr 29
elyte89:

So what’s ur take on finidi ?

Bro I nor go lie

Finidi is worse. He can't even read games, substitute the right players and even manage players temprament.

For an elite ex professional like him one will expect he will build a monstrous midfield. Well I hope he proves me wrong

From the indigenous coach I actually wanted Egbo sha

Let's support and pray he succeeds

He will learn on the job

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:33pm On Apr 29
M7even:

Those who applied were not Jurgen klopp and Pep Guadiola. After much scrutiny there wasn't much difference in perceived acumen between those who applied and the now appointed manager.

I think his appointment was delayed due to the question marks raised in his last friendly against Mali. We hope he learns from that.

See talk. There is no much difference between Domenec Torrent and Finidi George. See talk. Do you understand the tactical exposure of working with Guardiola since Barcelona B to Manchester City. I hope you read the resource that pointed that Finidi does not have a UEFA Pro Coaching License.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 8:40pm On Apr 29
humility33:

Bro I nor go lie

Finidi is worse. He can't even read games, substitute the right players and even manage players temprament.

For an elite ex professional like him one will expect he will build a monstrous midfield. Well I hope he proves me wrong

From the indigenous coach I actually wanted Egbo sha

Let's support and pray he succeeds

He will learn on the job
Finidi had two matches as super eagles coach beating arch rival Ghana and losing to Mali but to you he is poor with just two matches haba Oga humility
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 8:46pm On Apr 29
Kog45:
Finidi had two matches as super eagles coach beating arch rival Ghana and losing to Mali but to you he is poor with just two matches haba Oga humility

With what I av read so far online …ppu no really rate finidi..reason best known to dem ,in fact most were saying amuneke would av been better even though d later wasn’t thier choice.any wc way , like I av said earlier let’s support him for d success of the team 😎

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 8:51pm On Apr 29
TheSuperNerd:
Just that angle?

I can see people don't rate Finidi. The thing is if he fails the masses will believe one of the others could have done it.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 8:53pm On Apr 29
Odunayaw:
I can see people don't rate Finidi. The thing is if he fails the masses will believe one of the others could have done it.

You get
The Pro-Amunike will flood this thread with their 'I told you so' agenda. Meanwhile, both of them are the same.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Oasis007(m): 8:54pm On Apr 29
Kog45:

grin

I really don't understand the unnecessary uproars over Finidi's appointment on this board. He played 2 friendlies, win one, lose one. Win the most important one, coz its more or less W. Africa El-Classico.

Finidi has proved himself in Nigeria as well, he had something to point at as his Achievement in the country. He managed men not boys to win a trophy, not just in few matches but a marathon of matches.

He played good football with Enyimba FC, followers of NPFL can testify to it, so what the fuss?!

We shouldn't be digging his grave like we expect him to die early. Allow the man to breathe and live. He gets it on merit.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:17pm On Apr 29
TheGoodJoe and Myself are the only major Pro-Amunike folks here. You make it sound like we are many.

And we don't do "I told you so". We rather say what we mean.

Also, Amunike and Finidi are most certainly not the same.

mostob:
You get
The Pro-Amunike will flood this thread with their 'I told you so' agenda. Meanwhile, both of them are the same.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 9:30pm On Apr 29
Sheyb dem say baba no get d required coaching cert?

Fully UEFA Qualified

There should be no doubts about George's coaching qualifications. He holds the UEFA Pro License, the highest certification a coach can obtain, after taking the requisite courses.

Culled from pulse sport

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by solonnachi: 9:33pm On Apr 29
Finidi is a good coach but my only problem with Finidi is being too rigid to make changes as we saw in the Mali friendly. Lookman and Sadiq Umar should both get ready to chop bench.

But it was a wise decision for NFF to allow continuity as we head into the world cup qualifiers in June.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lbrichman2: 9:44pm On Apr 29
Finidi should just prove everybody wrong and go on a 48 game unbeaten run like Alonso
Abi na?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lbrichman2: 9:45pm On Apr 29
solonnachi:
Finidi is a good coach but my only problem with Finidi is being too rigid to make changes as we saw in the Mali friendly. Lookman and Sadiq Umar should both get ready to chop bench.

But it was a wise decision for NFF to allow continuity as we head into the world cup qualifiers in June.

Yeah, sensible and safest choice
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Amedino99(m): 9:46pm On Apr 29
Amedino99:
knows all the players available....
Experienced gaffer........
Tilts more to a local coach. Knowing all the players available points to finidi but then they can still change it. Every speculation will end this coming week so let's wait and see.
called it Sha. The knowing all the players was the obvious clue. Welcome finidi
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zicky(m): 9:51pm On Apr 29
do4luv14:

Even of he continued, do the fans had patience to let him install his Style and tactics on the team,

isn't it just one friendly against Mali we want to crucified him?? Thing is naija fans had an immeasurable Appetite, it even took Jpes many friendlies to install his Style and tactics to give us that Afcon showings

So I cross my hands, thing is what will be will definitely be, no 2 ways about it
style of play he has not been able to install in enyimba
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Barryseal: 9:51pm On Apr 29
I don't expect much from Finidi. I legit do not think he has the tactical dexterity to out coach Rohr and Hugo Broos. If we stood any chance in these qualifiers, it will be because of our relative superiority over the other teams, not because we are better coached.

People will point out that Finidi won the NPFL, but he was nearly sacked in 2022 for not meeting up to expectation, the ex international tax kept him on the job.

Winning the abridged league last yr was by chance, as in the regular season his Enyimba side only came 3rd behind Remo and Insurance.
In the CAF super league, Enyimba couldn't even score a goal.

In any case,everything about the country get Kleg. Absolutely, nothing is working, why will football be the odd man out? No way!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 9:52pm On Apr 29
solonnachi:

He is not serious he dare not bench Lookman
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 9:54pm On Apr 29
zicky:
style of play he has not been able to install in enyimba

It is well bros
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 9:57pm On Apr 29
Barryseal:
I don't expect much from Finidi. I legit do not think he has the tactical dexterity to out coach Rohr and Hugo Broos. If we stood any chance in these qualifiers, it will be because of our relative superiority over the other teams, not because we are better coached.

People will point out that Finidi won the NPFL, but he was nearly sacked in 2022 for not meeting up to expectation, the ex international tax kept him on the job.

Winning the abridged league last yr was by chance, as in the regular season his Enyimba side only came 3rd behind Remo and Insurance.
In the CAF super league, Enyimba couldn't even score a goal.

In any case,everything about the country get Kleg. Absolutely, nothing is working, why will football be the odd man out? No way!

Who was ur choice if I may ask considering nff no get money employ foreign coach
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 9:59pm On Apr 29
TheGoodJoe:

See talk. There is no much difference between Domenec Torrent and Finidi George. See talk. Do you understand the tactical exposure of working with Guardiola since Barcelona B to Manchester City. I hope you read the resource that pointed that Finidi does not have a UEFA Pro Coaching License.
All I have to say is that may tiki taka perish. No comment

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 10:01pm On Apr 29
elyte89:

With what I av read so far online …ppu no really rate finidi..reason best known to dem ,in fact most were saying amuneke would av been better even though d later wasn’t thier choice.any wc way , like I av said earlier let’s support him for d success of the team 😎
I'm preparing your processes. I must sue on your behalf. This appointment pain me. I was rooting for you all the way. I must recover your mandate

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:04pm On Apr 29
elyte89:
Sheyb dem say baba no get d required coaching cert?

Fully UEFA Qualified

There should be no doubts about George's coaching qualifications. He holds the UEFA Pro License, the highest certification a coach can obtain, after taking the requisite courses.

Culled from pulse sport

Why CAF refused Finidi, assistant to sit on bench in both matches — CAF Security Head

The People’s Elephant crashed out of the competition 4-3 on aggregate to Libya’s Al-Ahly Benghazi without their two coaches on the sidelines.

Emeruwa, who’s also a FIFA Security Officer, explained that Finidi and his Assistant do not have the required licences to sit on the bench in both fixtures despite both coaches possessing a UEFA A and UEFA C licences respectively.

“CAF intention is to raise the standard of coaching education in Africa, this is why to be on the bench for CL you either have a CAF A License or UEFA Pro license. Or other sister Confederation Pro licence while the assistants are to have a minimum of CAF B which unfortunately Finidi and his assistants do not have in this case.”

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/08/why-caf-refused-finidi-assistant-to-sit-on-bench-in-both-matches-caf-security-head/

August 29, 2023

That is August last year. Missed the month but you get the point.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Setaleonoz(m): 10:09pm On Apr 29
Someone that was already having issues with his players after just only two games …nff well done 🫡

(1) (2) (3) ... (16129) (16130) (16131) (16132) (16133) (16134) (16135) ... (16182) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: zuchyblink(m), elyte89 and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.