Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,575 members, 7,816,420 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:57 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (9216) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11656668 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9213) (9214) (9215) (9216) (9217) (9218) (9219) ... (16148) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 4:55pm On Aug 12, 2020
comodo:

Which one be Goole again.
Nothing wey Aisha no go see for Aso rock.

Why don't you just correct it and move on?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Neobulletzz(m): 4:55pm On Aug 12, 2020
andrewbaba44:

In the history of Chelsea have you never any player like Xavi or iniesta ?
Combine both of them assists and goals together, dem no get reach Lampard
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 4:55pm On Aug 12, 2020
Oldboss:
are u sure he will not reach 35

Ok that's not the point
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 4:56pm On Aug 12, 2020
gbas gbos everywhere

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Neobulletzz(m): 4:57pm On Aug 12, 2020
comodo:

Yekini should be there.
JJ should be there and Taribo should be there
Which JJ
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 4:58pm On Aug 12, 2020
andrewbaba44:

In the history of Chelsea have you never any player like Xavi or iniesta ?

John Terry has more career goals in less matches than iniesta and he was a defender

I just thought you should know
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 4:59pm On Aug 12, 2020
andrewbaba44:

He would do well in the turkish league as you said

But i wont agree he will score 40 in 60 games

Besides i dont want him there jare

Iheanacho scored 10 goals this season while playing crumbles of minutes what makes you think he won't score 20 while playing 38 full matches against easier opposition?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 5:00pm On Aug 12, 2020
Danielnino00:

I made the statement na..

Now why don't u act a bit like a mature person and answer it?

Thank you for agreeing you made that ignorant statement.

The answer to that ignorant question is Hernán Crespo and Gianluca Vialli.

Do you want to debunk or agree?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 5:02pm On Aug 12, 2020
eyaaaa! National team handlers are really wicked people. they convinced Girona not to play him and later told pep to sell kayode at a loss despite shining for girona. wicked national team that helped onyekuru secure a work permit at everton. Kayode the best striker that ever liveth painting turkish league with goals nwaekeme would be jealous

then there's solanke amazing solanke who scored a mind blowing 4 goals this season to power bournemouth to the championship better than Iheanacho who's 10 goals this season 5 in the league helped leicester city secure european football

bros i hail

forgiveness:

What sentiment? You and your cohorts are the ones beclouded by sentiment because you are devoid of cognitive reasoning.

Is it not the same performance Osimhen exhibited last season that earned him a lucrative move to Napoli, also earned these likes to a move to good clubs?

Kayode Olarenwaju was the highest goalscorer and BEST player in the Austrian League and it earned him a lucrative move to MAN CITY but due to sabotage by the ever envious and corrupt people in the National team that denied him opportunity to play for his father's land, hope to get work permit was cut short. The guy moved on and still joined Sharktar Doneskt who are currently in the semi finals of Europa League though he is not part of this team because he was loaned to a Turkish club. Yet the boy scored 10 goals and gave 7 assists for a team that just got promoted to the Turkish league.

Yet you and your cohorts favours a player finding it hard to play in the Bundesliga ahead of Kayode. And you have the guts to tag me sentimental, huh?

What about Solanke that was the best player in the U20 world cup and went ahead to play for Liverpool as at the time Osimhen struggled for game time in the Bundesliga? So, you expected me to choose Osimhen ahead of Solanke, ba?

Don't forget the same Solanke was bought with $24m, the same way Osimhen was bought with $$$$.

Where is Lookman? Is that question due to your ignorance or conspicuously made to mock? I believe it's out of ignorance else you wouldn't be asking for a player Leipzig coughed out $27m for his service the same way Napoli coughed out $$$$¢ to get Osimhen.

Are we not happy Osimhen was bought by such club today and rate him above some players? What should we have done when Solanke and Lookman were bought for such prices? We should cry?

I can see the reason behind your sentiments. It's not far from the normal way...Na my people better pass.

Perhaps you have some kind of bitterness for these players because of their place of origin but your problem be dat. You have to deal with it.

For your information, there was no time I rubbished Osimhen, Chuks and Iheancho. Maybe you took facts as rubbing but it's not my fault you can't distinguish between the two. Sorry

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 5:02pm On Aug 12, 2020
Subzero047:

Iheanacho scored 10 goals this season while playing crumbles of minutes what makes you think he won't score 20 while playing 38 full matches against easier opposition?

He will score at least 25/30 in 60 games
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 5:04pm On Aug 12, 2020
Edopesin:

John Terry has more career goals in less matches than iniesta and he was a defender

I just thought you should know

Iniesta is not scoring much goal ,even a mad man knows what he can do ,even your lampard with the goal stats of a striker is rated below iniesta grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 5:04pm On Aug 12, 2020
Neobulletzz:

Combine both of them assists and goals together, dem no get reach Lampard

Lampard is rated below this 2 in football history grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by wayodude(m): 5:04pm On Aug 12, 2020
komekn:

Manchester City does not have aerial prowess, why because they keep the ball on the ground and have the technicians too dominate any team filled with 7 ft footballer.

Chelsea is not the same but they don't play a game based on aerial prowess. Lille on the other hand continously drop the ball behind defenders for Victor to run on too.

That tactic will not work in the EPL in the much weaker French league a very big yes. Burnley play a strategy that requires them to have the ball in the air, and as such score more headed goals. Indeed they use the strategy of headers to control the midfield.

Tega Abrahams is very tall and most times jumps into the air and controls the ball with his chest getting more control indeed he is so good at it he often uses chest control to pass the ball. I dont think Victor can do that.

Victor is not overly technical, his skill set is based primarily on pace and aggression, good positioning in the box, anticipation as well.as finishing. Attributes that will work in French league but not in the EPL. His one on one dominance is based on pace not skill.

Indeed the EPL is evolving and moving away from the kick and rush ball over the top approach.

Finally, that aggression will work in the French league that's not so intense and physical. He is not going to scare any defender in the EPL nobody is going to be scared of him. He is not a Drogba, or a Costa or a Lukaku. He will have to use something else, what that is, l don't know.

Who did a 21 year old Drogba, Costa, or Lukaku ever scare in the Premier League. In fact who did they scare at 21 in any league? angry

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by barackodam: 5:04pm On Aug 12, 2020
comodo:

Yekini should be there.
JJ should be there and Taribo should be there

That's a 3 man backline. Taribo can't make it.

Yekini over Drogba? That's debatable

Now that you mentioned JJ, I realized the team was intentionally created to disfavor Nigeria.

Like, WTF?

Mane and Salah forced into wing backs......nah angry
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 5:05pm On Aug 12, 2020
forgiveness:

Thank you for agreeing you made that ignorant statement.

The answer to that ignorant question is Hernán Crespo and Gianluca Vialli.

Do you want to debunk or agree?

Just 2? When u add Drogba,who else u got?
Maybe Costa.. or maybe Anelka and Torress..

Together,they make up the standards on which strikers should be judged before they can play for Chelsea,is that so?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Neobulletzz(m): 5:06pm On Aug 12, 2020
andrewbaba44:

Iniesta is not scoring much goal ,even a mad man knows what he can do ,even your lampard with the goal stats of a striker is rated below iniesta grin
Lol na this Lampard you dey rate Iniesta over
Wetin Iniesta fit do wey Lampard no fit do
Oga Lampard better pass Iniesta, because say Iniesta play for Barca

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 5:06pm On Aug 12, 2020
barackodam:

That's a 3 man backline. Taribo can't make it.

Yekini over Drogba? That's debatable

Now that you mentioned JJ, I realized the team was intentionally created to disfavor Nigeria.

Like, WTF?

Mane and Salah forced into wing backs......nah angry

Seeing Lucas Radebe on the list makes me think it was complied by a South African grin

I've seen many complied African best XI.. but very few have a South African player in it..
Radebe was good,but was he better than Taribo?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 5:06pm On Aug 12, 2020
andrewbaba44:

don't even compare their individual stats, Iniesta was lucky to find himself in the midst of top players and still he couldn't even cross 70 goals in his whole career, despite playing close to 800 matches
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 5:07pm On Aug 12, 2020
Edopesin:

don't even compare their individual stats, Iniesta was lucky to find himself in the midst of top players and still he couldn't even cross goals in his whole career, despite playing close to 800 matches

Lucky you said ?

Don’t even put lampard and iniesta in the same sentence
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Neobulletzz(m): 5:08pm On Aug 12, 2020
andrewbaba44:

Lampard is rated below this 2 in football history grin
Na only Barca fans dey rate Lampard below Xavi and Iniesta

Lampard better pass those two baba

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 5:08pm On Aug 12, 2020
Neobulletzz:

Lol na this Lampard you dey rate Iniesta over
Wetin Iniesta fit do wey Lampard no fit do
Oga Lampard better pass Iniesta, because say Iniesta play for Barca

Iniesta the World Cup winner grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 5:09pm On Aug 12, 2020
Neobulletzz:

You know you are deceiving your self

At least you know the truth in your mind

Who go rate iniesta below lampard ?

I Laff in Arabic
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 5:09pm On Aug 12, 2020
andrewbaba44:

Lucky you said ?

Don’t even put lampard and iniesta in the same sentence

that's what I'm trying to say, Iniesta is too mediocre if compared with Lampard... They should not be in the same sentence
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 5:09pm On Aug 12, 2020
andrewbaba44:

He will score at least 25/30 in 60 games

Why?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 5:09pm On Aug 12, 2020
chrisooblog:
eyaaaa! National team handlers are really wicked people. they convinced Girona not to play him and later told pep to sell kayode at a loss despite shining for girona. wicked national team that helped onyekuru secure a work permit at everton. Kayode the best striker that ever liveth painting turkish league with goals nwaekeme would be jealous

then there's solanke amazing solanke who scored a mind blowing 4 goals this season to power bournemouth to the championship better than Iheanacho who's 10 goals this season 5 in the league helped leicester city secure european football

bros i hail

You are not making sense but making a mockery of yourself.

Learn how to use your brain properly then you can engage in a debate.

I don't know when Onyekuru got Work permit to play in England. Can you provide fact on this?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 5:10pm On Aug 12, 2020
Neobulletzz:

Wow lampard now better than Ronaldinho cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Neobulletzz(m): 5:11pm On Aug 12, 2020
andrewbaba44:

You know you are deceiving your self

At least you know the truth in your mind

Who go rate iniesta below lampard ?

I Laff in Arabic
I am not deceiving myself

I rate Lampard over Xavi and Iniesta and I would pick Lampard over them anytime any day
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Neobulletzz(m): 5:11pm On Aug 12, 2020
andrewbaba44:

Wow lampard now better than Ronaldinho cheesy
Ronaldinho was first na and Lampard second, Eto third
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 5:12pm On Aug 12, 2020
Neobulletzz:

only Chelsea fans rate Lampard over Xavi and Iniesta
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Neobulletzz(m): 5:13pm On Aug 12, 2020
maidaboi:
only Chelsea fans rate Lampard over Xavi and Iniesta
Oga what can Xavi and Iniesta do better than Lampard. Please answer
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 5:14pm On Aug 12, 2020
cheesy
Neobulletzz:

Ronaldinho was first na and Lampard second, Eto third

Lol

You want me to tell you who have made the top 3 of the ballon d or most abi?

Dont start what you cant finish bro grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 5:14pm On Aug 12, 2020
what you are still stubbornly refusing to acknowledge is that both were still in the infancy of their career so it was premature to be saying Solanke was better than Osimhen using u20 level as a yardstick. and please stop your pretense we all know you would have come here saying i told you so if Solanke went on to have a smashing career since that time.

just be a man and chop your L with your full chest. this your da si rough tactics no go work. grin

forgiveness:

What else do you want to hear? Osimhen was better than Solanke eventhough he was a bench warmer in Wolfsburg, huh?

I hope some of you can use your brain small.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9213) (9214) (9215) (9216) (9217) (9218) (9219) ... (16148) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: ThanosKilla(m), Philosopher1979, aicon4s, charlesemeka85(m) and 12 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.