Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,813 members, 7,844,635 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 03:06 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (9251) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11830141 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9248) (9249) (9250) (9251) (9252) (9253) (9254) ... (16234) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 11:22am On Aug 15, 2020
andrewbaba44:

I got 5 ucl title

And how many you got ?

In the next 20 years you won’t still reach my ucl titles grin

I can’t relate with Europa league because I can’t play there grin

If we are to go by you local standards then Sevilla is better than you with more Europa leagues cheesy

cheesy
I'll argue about Sevilla when they win la liga or UCL, in the meantime they can compete wolves or arsenal their fellow small teams cheesy

As for Barca, seeing the AC Milan like destiny that awaits them it's safe to say that it's going to be 20 years with no UCL

Europa League will be available though, you'll meet qarabag, ludograts and your fellow failed team AC Milan cheesy

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by nelszx: 11:23am On Aug 15, 2020
I wish my darling super eagles could play like this Bayern side. Such a delight to watch.....Fear no one, beat everyone.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 11:24am On Aug 15, 2020
Edopesin:

cheesy
I'll argue about Sevilla when they win la liga or UCL, in the meantime they can compete wolves or arsenal their fellow small teams cheesy

As for Barca, seeing the AC Milan like destiny that awaits them it's safe to say that it's going to be 20 years with no UCL

Europa League will be available though, you'll meet qarabag, ludograts and your fellow failed team AC Milan cheesy

Even thou you wan troll ,the truth is clear grin

When last Chelsea even win champions league grin

There was a time you where kicked out at the group stage as if you are Anderlecht cheesy

I hear you won a trophy this season ,what’s the trophy grin

Even ac Milan didn’t stay 20 years with no ucl

How many years did you stay before you won your first ucl ,no be notthingham forest abi Aston Villa get more champions league than you guys cheesy

Enjoy barca 8-2 trolling while it last

Goat no suppose Dey talk for where lion Dey grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 11:25am On Aug 15, 2020
nelszx:
I wish my darling super eagles could play like this Bayern side. Such a delight to watch.....Fear no one, beat everyone.

That was pure German football, it reminds me of Germany vs Brazil

whatever happened to Ozil
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 11:31am On Aug 15, 2020
andrewbaba44:

Even thou you wan troll ,the truth is clear grin

When last Chelsea even win champions league grin

There was a time you where kicked out at the group stage as if you are Anderlecht cheesy

I hear you won a trophy this season ,what’s the trophy grin

Better to be kicked out of group stage with goal difference of 4 than getting kicked out with goal difference of 6 in one leg cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 11:33am On Aug 15, 2020
Slaughtered like ileya ram cheesy

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 11:37am On Aug 15, 2020
Edopesin:

Better to be kicked out of group stage with goal difference of 4 than getting kicked out with goal difference of 6 in one leg cheesy

Well all ja na ja

Las las na the winner we go know angry

Bayern beat barca 7-0 then but after we beat them 5-3 aggregate win the champions league 2015 we forget about am grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 11:43am On Aug 15, 2020
andrewbaba44:

Well all ja na ja

Las las na the winner we go know angry

Bayern beat barca 7-0 then but after we beat them 5-3 aggregate win the champions league 2015 we forget about am grin

all those ones are aggregate scorelines na cheesy ... imagine there was an away leg

oh mamamia cheesy

basketball
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 11:51am On Aug 15, 2020
Edopesin:

all those ones are aggregate scorelines na cheesy ... imagine there was an away leg

oh mamamia cheesy

basketball

Dem don kick me out simple

No be me tell UEFA to carry am go Portugal grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 12:16pm On Aug 15, 2020
Stoke City are set to sign former Chelsea midfielder John Mikel Obi on a one-year deal.

The former Nigeria captain, 33, is a free agent having left Turkish side Trabzonspor by mutual consent in March.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 12:45pm On Aug 15, 2020
2022 ballon d'or is going to be hot

Mbappe, Neymar, Lewandowski, De Bruyne, Salah, Mane
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:09pm On Aug 15, 2020
Naija players expected/likely to be in action for their clubsides across Europe today - August 15

Special note: You will "8-2" miss out on a busy weekend of football. God bless Bayern Munich for the weekend appetizer

Belgian Jupiler League

Cyriel Dessers, Ebere Paul Onuachu, *Shawn Adewoye (KRC Genk) vs OH Leuven - Home game.

Terem Igboras Moffi, Abdul Ajagun (KV Kortrijk) vs KAA Gent - Away game.

Hungarian NB.I

Funsho Bamgboye (Fehérvár) vs ZTE - Away game.

Obinna Nwobodo, Vincent Onovo (Ujpest) vs Paksi - Away game.

Norwegian Eliteserien

Leke James (FK Molde) vs Sarpsborg 08 - Away game.

Scottish Premiership - SPL

Hakeem Ademola Odoffin, Tunde Owolabi (Hamilton) vs St. Mirren - Home game.

Serbian Super Liga

Sadiq "Sadika" Umar (Partizan Belgrade) vs Radnik - Away game.

Eze Vincent Okeuhie (Cukaricki) vs Zlatibor C - Away game.

Slovakian Super Fortuna Liga

Ahmed Ghali, Reuben Yem, Philip Azango, Abdul Zubairu (AS Trencin) vs MSK Zilina - Home game.

Rabiu Ibrahim, *Ezekiel Henty (Slovan Bratislava) vs Zlaté Moravce - Away game.

Matthew Yakubu, GK (SKF Sered) vs Ruzomberok - Away game.

Russian Premier League

Sylvester Igboun (Dinamo Moscow) vs Rotor - Home game.

Club Friendlies

Kingsley Ehizibue (FC Koln) vs BW Lohn / vs Deutz
*Koln to be involved in two friendly games today with different first XIs Obviously.

Marvin Egho (Randers FC) vs FC Helsingor

Felix Agu (VFL Osnabrück) vs Arminia Bielefeld

Chidera Ejuke, Hamdi Akujobi (SC Heerenveen) vs De Graafschap

*Samson Okikiola Tijani (TSV Hartberg) vs FC Banik Ostrava

Moses Simon (Nantes) vs Le Harve / vs St. Ettiene
*Same scenario like FC Koln's

Henry Onyekuru (AS Monaco) vs AZ Alkmaar

Frank Onyeka (FC Midtjylland) vs Reims

Kelvin Arase (Rapid Wien) vs Slovan Liberec

Josh Maja, Samuel Kalu (Bordeaux) vs Auxerre

Maduka Okoye, Emmanuel Emegha (Sparta Rotterdam) vs RC Lens

Bonus: From Africa

SA PSL

Daniel Akpeyi (Kaizer Chiefs) vs Polokwane City - Away game.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Eizzy003(m): 1:20pm On Aug 15, 2020
Subzero047:
2021 ballon d'or is going to be hot

No balloon d'or this year cos of covid 19
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 1:28pm On Aug 15, 2020
andrewbaba44:

Yes Barca ain’t dominating like before no doubt

But Barca ain’t going the ac millan way and that’s the fact

Maybe if barca are like this for the next 10 years then that’s the ac Milan way ,but no way it’s gonna be like that for a team who have been winning trophies every season till just this season

Barcelona will rebuild .

I like ur confidence hombre....

U know what?
U probably won't end up as bad as AC Milan.. Aside Madrid and Atletico, d rest of d la liga teams don't really have the financial manpower to match up with Barca.. so u would still probably win a couple more league title..

But you see that UCL, it's looking like it would take a while before u see it at camp Nou again.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 1:38pm On Aug 15, 2020
Danielnino00:

I like ur confidence hombre....

U know what?
U probably won't end up as bad as AC Milan.. Aside Madrid and Atletico, d rest of d la liga teams don't really have the financial manpower to match up with Barca.. so u would still probably win a couple more league title..

But you see that UCL, it's looking like it would take a while before u see it at camp Nou again.

Lol

I go win ucl again and I go remind you

Ucl is not something that can be won easily ,I blew my chances for the past 2 seasons

Hope you know as good as juventus they haven’t won the ucl going to 20 years

That should tell you a lot
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 1:39pm On Aug 15, 2020
Subzero047:
2021 ballon d'or is going to be hot

No ballon d or this year

But if there where to be Bellon d or it’s for lewandowski and no one else,de Bruyne comes close after lewandowski

No hope for salah and mane there bros

I said it earlier already
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 1:40pm On Aug 15, 2020
Edopesin:
Stoke City are set to sign former Chelsea midfielder John Mikel Obi on a one-year deal.

The former Nigeria captain, 33, is a free agent having left Turkish side Trabzonspor by mutual consent in March.

Championship again with a club that’s not ambitious ?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 1:50pm On Aug 15, 2020
andrewbaba44:

No ballon d or this year

But if there where to be Bellon d or it’s for lewandowski and no one else,de Bruyne comes close after lewandowski

No hope for salah and mane there bros

I said it earlier already

Sorry 2022
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 1:57pm On Aug 15, 2020
Subzero047:

Sorry 2022

Okay bro
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 2:23pm On Aug 15, 2020
andrewbaba44:

Lol

I go win ucl again and I go remind you

Ucl is not something that can be won easily ,I blew my chances for the past 2 seasons

Hope you know as good as juventus they haven’t won the ucl going to 20 years

That should tell you a lot

There is a lot of confusion in this post...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 2:26pm On Aug 15, 2020
Danielnino00:

There is a lot of confusion in this post...

Well I was trying to say that luck is also needed in winning the ucl and I should have won one of the last 2 ucl

And I was also saying juventus have been one of the best teams in Europe for more than a decade and they are yet to win it .
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 2:37pm On Aug 15, 2020
The Onyekuru to FENERBAHCE rumours are just stories for papers to sell, none of it is true.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 2:39pm On Aug 15, 2020
DrLikita12:

People tend to blame the coach and he does deserve some of the blame, but they need an overhaul. Maybe Coutinho will be recalled.
Someone that is heading back to EPL soon. lol

Barca is finished. Abidal and Setien sacked!!

Poch will probably need 600m over 3seasons to rebuild Barca if he gets the job.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 2:40pm On Aug 15, 2020
mostob:
Pochettino? Really?
heard contact's been made!

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 2:44pm On Aug 15, 2020
andrewbaba44:

Am not siding Setien but you want dembele to start abi ?

Okay ooo
Irrespective, Barca is done!

That bench alone is a big disgrace and disrespect to Bayern as a UCL powerhouse. Very funny names. Im no Chelsea fan, but Chelsea has a better bench vs Bayern than Barca.

We once used the argument that cos Barca and Madrid do skin epl powerhouses, then their league is the best, etc.

Well that argument should tilt onto Bundesliga, don't you think? Parallel application!!

Lol

Let Messi join VicMo and Lukaku and retire jare. 3more years IMO. Esp as this WC dey come sef.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 2:49pm On Aug 15, 2020
daveP:
Irrespective, Barca is done!

That bench alone is a big disgrace and disrespect to Bayern as a UCL powerhouse. Very funny names. Im no Chelsea fan, but Chelsea has a better bench vs Bayern than Barca.

We once used the argument that cos Barca and Madrid do skin epl powerhouses, then their league is the best, etc.

Well that argument should tilt onto Bundesliga, don't you think? Parallel application!!

Lol

Let Messi join VicMo and Lukaku and retire jare. 3more years IMO. Esp as this WC dey come sef.

Barca no get bench this season normally

But we are comming back stronger okay

Messi won’t play forever ok

But Madrid and cr7 have skinned Bayern for years so no be today

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 2:51pm On Aug 15, 2020
nelszx:
We'll need 4 key players to do just that

A Manuel Neur kinda GK

An Alphonso Davies that's so pacy and don't need any advice from any coach before knowing whether to go forward and attack or single-handedly bottle up world class attackers

A Thomas Muller that will disappear at the right time, and appear outta nowhere at the right time. That guy would get triple hype if he was in EPL. But of course, the German machine has what many epl players don't have.....

And finally

A Robert Lewandoski

Good with both head and feet and positioning. He doesnt really need to be told how to attack. So experience and banking on any fellow player to just deliver a cross or pass is okay.

For now......... E be like we get

Half Neuer

Half Alphonso

1/3 Muller

1/3 Lewandoski

Till then.....

Our Wingers are hot tho...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 2:54pm On Aug 15, 2020
andrewbaba44:

Championship again with a club that’s not ambitious ?

Mikel doesn't need all dt again..he has proved himself and nothing more

All he needs now is d money and a good environment for his family cool

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 2:54pm On Aug 15, 2020
andrewbaba44:

Barca no get bench this season normally

But we are comming back stronger okay

Messi won’t play forever ok
That stronger go tey... Its gonna be hard starting a new style without Messi ever again. AC milan lost world class defenders and gk and till date.... Dem wan try comeback sha. Naso barca own be

Puyol
Xavi
Iniesta
Eto

Still not replaced yet. Till then.... Stronger is unavailable till further notice. They can employ Simeone tho, to bring in some defensive pattern for 2years and then get a new top coach to balance the return.

For now

Project Barca Without Messi is gonna teeeyyyyy.

And it feels strange sha for a Barca fan to use Madrid to give some hanging on onto the laliga prowess argument. E never reach tha level na.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 2:55pm On Aug 15, 2020
elyte89:

Mikel doesn't need all dt again..he has proved himself and nothing more

All he needs now is d money and a good environment for his family cool

I agree he doesn’t need that but there is nothing wrong for obi playin top flight football at 33
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 2:57pm On Aug 15, 2020
daveP:
That stronger go tey... Its gonna be hard starting a new style without Messi ever again. AC milan lost world class defenders and gk and till date.... Dem wan try comeback sha. Naso barca own be

Puyol
Xavi
Iniesta
Eto

Still not replaced yet. Till then.... Stronger is unavailable till further notice. They can employ Simeone tho, to bring in some defensive pattern for 2years and then get a new top coach to balance the return.

For now

Project Barca Without Messi is gonna teeeyyyyy.

Smiles ,Messi is irreplaceable for sure

But you guys said there will be no Barca without Ronaldinho then sha

Eto was replaced a little

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:20pm On Aug 15, 2020
Transfer news

Nigeria football living legend, John Mikel Obi to Stoke City. Done deal. Will be made official soonest.

Yes, folks... Mikel returns to England.

10 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (9248) (9249) (9250) (9251) (9252) (9253) (9254) ... (16234) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.