Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,449 members, 7,843,381 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 12:58 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (9329) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11824639 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9326) (9327) (9328) (9329) (9330) (9331) (9332) ... (16230) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 7:19am On Aug 24, 2020
AndSunGorilla:

Andy good to see you here again, But what actually happened why were you banned? Am at a loss to understand why you were banned. What did you do and say that caused it? I am wondering honestly.

I am not sure you were justly banned sef, abeg what did you type? I will be glad if you can satisfy my curiosity.

Lol

Dat one don pass

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 7:23am On Aug 24, 2020
daveP:
He's won more titles than Liverpool since he left. The narrative is finally dead!!

Twitter streets say Pep cannot take this Bayern team to the finals and win cos he will overthink the match. He will overthink the Barça match too. Can't do 8-2+Make plans to keep Messi invisible.

Yes pep won’t take them to the finals

If he can’t use man city to win Olympic lyon then there is no way he will take Bayern to the finals

But pep as Bayern coach will still win Barca with this Bayern but might end up loosing to Lyon or psg
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 7:42am On Aug 24, 2020
Bolowolowo:
Translated from Dutch

What makes this difficult to believe is Heerenveen requesting just 10M.

12M is too good for Heerenveen to turn down, they have already rejected a 7M offer from China.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 7:55am On Aug 24, 2020
daveP:
Haba... This Exaggeration high pass Eiffel Tower o. Easy na....

Lol

Few people like edopesin and some other monikers will get my point due to some of my last arguement before I was banned

I no Dey downplay Bayern ooo

Best team in Europe for now
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 7:56am On Aug 24, 2020
jihday:
No, should spend one more season in Holland and teams in better leagues will come knocking

This sounds like Etebo's move, the guy was a couple of performances away from the big teams noticing him
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 8:19am On Aug 24, 2020
Andrewbaba44 is good to have you back bro we surely felt your absence
How you see the match yesterday na grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 8:24am On Aug 24, 2020
Edopesin:
Andrewbaba44 is good to have you back bro we surely felt your absence

How you see the match yesterday na grin

Sweet final and bayern deserves to win , but you can see that they are beatable with the way psg played them ?

Psg should learn to take their chances next time

Thiago silva is lowkey one of the top 3 defenders in the world at 35 , i might be wrong thou

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Neobulletzz(m): 8:27am On Aug 24, 2020
Wey that mod wey ban me, me and person dey get heated argument, you ban me, leave the other person
Shey I dey follow myself argue ni, it takes two to tango
Later dem go say partial no dey here
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Neobulletzz(m): 8:28am On Aug 24, 2020
andrewbaba44:

Sweet final and bayern deserves to win , but you can see that they are beatable with the way psg played them ?

Thiago silva is lowkey one of the top 3 defenders in the world at 35 , i might be wrong thou
Andrewbaba44
Welcome back Bro

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 8:30am On Aug 24, 2020
Neobulletzz:

Andrewbaba44
Welcome back Bro

Shey my guy travel out grin?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Neobulletzz(m): 8:31am On Aug 24, 2020
elyte89:

Shey my guy travel out grin?
grin grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 8:36am On Aug 24, 2020
komekn:

Bolasie was outstanding quality until he got the ACL injury after surgery he struggled to get back to form.

Even went to the lowly rated Belguim league after he struggled in the Championship with Aston Villa. He then became a Lion as a winger he scored 6 in 17 games for Anderlecht his best ever perfomance. Did not do too good for Porto this season, just the one goal.

I really should have gone to watch the game but l had another game to go too.

It may be that Bolasie may find himself back in an Everton Shirt. That may spell trouble for Iwobi.

Because a back in form Bolasie on the wing is far better than Iwobi on the wing.

I do agree with you most times but i do wonder if you watch fooball most times or even know about the game

A caliber of player like yannick bolaise went to the belgium league and scored 6 goals in 17 games and you call that the status of a lion in that league ?

No doubt bolaise is not more of a goal scorer but he should have done better than that,that stats is just average and cant be referred as a lion in that league, i am even sure if moses simon goes back to the belgian league at some point he would do better than that

Put a poor scorer like zaha in the belgian league and watch him get the lion stats and do better than bolaise

You think bolaise will have a chance under ancelotti at the expense of iwobi? You must be a warri dreamer
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 8:38am On Aug 24, 2020
andrewbaba44:

Though I was supporting PSG but Bayern were just too good for them. The first half was somehow balanced because PSG were able to hit on the counter and cause some confusion

but you see that second half lmao

PSG no play anything, see sweet passes from Bayern chai... the way they are able to pass their way out of trouble damn damn... his goal aside, coman finish work on that psg defence... see Alphonso too ah!

PSG had the no hope my guy and Neymar is a bum, dude was lost after his shot but Mbappe is the real cow, see you see post he pass give neuer

best final since Real Madrid vs Juve
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 8:50am On Aug 24, 2020
Edopesin:

Though I was supporting PSG but Bayern were just too good for them. The first half was somehow balanced because PSG were able to hit on the counter and cause some confusion

but you see that second half lmao

PSG no play anything, see sweet passes from Bayern chai... the way they are able to pass their way out of trouble damn damn... his goal aside, coman finish work on that psg defence... see Alphonso too ah!

PSG had the no hope my guy and Neymar is a bum, dude was lost after his shot but Mbappe is the real cow, see you see post he pass give neuer

best final since Real Madrid vs Juve

Psg play ball nah, haba abi na another game you watch wey you talk say psg no pay anything nor get hope ?

You saw the chances mbappe missed nah, psg has the most shot on target

Thiago alcantara was easily the best player in that game sha

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 9:13am On Aug 24, 2020
andrewbaba44:

Psg play ball nah, haba abi na another game you watch wey you talk say psg no pay anything nor get hope ?

You saw the chances mbappe missed nah, psg has the most shot on target

Thiago alcantara was easily the best player in that game sha

ehn cheesy
psg no play shishi, dem just get isolated attempts and neuer saved them. At a point they could not cross the half way line with Bayern holding on to the ball

PSG shots on target were just mediocre, Neymar's shot that he tried to put behind the legs of neuer instead of lifting it over him(easier said than done grin) to Mbappe's excuse for an attempt, you would think a player of his caliber would have buried this

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 9:15am On Aug 24, 2020
Edopesin:

ehn cheesy
psg no play shishi, dem just get isolated attempts and neuer saved them. At a point they could not cross the half way line with Bayern holding on to the ball

PSG shots on target were just mediocre, Neymar's shot that he tried to put behind the legs of neuer instead of lifting it over him(easier said than done grin) to Mbappe's excuse for an attempt, you would think a player of his work caliber would have buried this

Okay ooo

Na only you talk say psg no play anything

Maybe na different version of finals you watch

Team no play anything but yet dem get the most shot on target
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 9:23am On Aug 24, 2020
andrewbaba44:

Okay ooo

Na only you talk say psg no play anything

Maybe na different version of finals you watch

Team no play anything but yet dem get the most shot on target

Two of the attempts were literally passes to neuer

Lewandowski's perfect shot that hit the woodwork will also be called off target na

the final wey me watch yesterday ehn Bayern dictated the tempo from beginning to end, it reminds me of Argentina vs Nigeria but in this case PSG is Nigeria, the quality difference was very evident

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 9:53am On Aug 24, 2020
hErE aNd nOw
lIon iN a lOwEr lEagUe
sUbJeCtIvE aNd eMoTiVe pReJuDiCe

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by oloriooko(m): 9:57am On Aug 24, 2020
That Goritzka in Bayern is a double engine player, a silent performer, smooth tackler box-to-box player
I wish Ndidi finds a better team to develop faster and become even better than Goritzka of Bayern
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Philosopher1979: 10:17am On Aug 24, 2020
oloriooko:
That Goritzka in Bayern is a double engine player, a silent performer, smooth tackler box-to-box player
I wish Ndidi finds a better team to develop faster and become even better than Goritzka of Bayern

Ndidi CANNOT MAKE DEFENSE SPLITTING PASSES. He lacks ball progression and passes into the final third.
All he does is mark and this is part of the reason he is not in a big team.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by oloriooko(m): 10:24am On Aug 24, 2020
That's why he needs to improve and staying in Leicester will not help him.
Goritzka really impressed me

Philosopher1979:

Ndidi CANNOT MAKE DEFENSE SPLITTING PASSES. He lacks ball progression and passes into the final third.
All he does is mark and this is part of the reason he is not in a big team.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Philosopher1979: 10:35am On Aug 24, 2020
oloriooko:
That's why he needs to improve and staying in Leicester will not help him.
Goritzka really impressed me

Ndidi CANNOT STAND UP TO SUNDAY OLISEH
Whenever i watch modern Nigerian players i am dismayed. The standards of their forefathers are higher. In the last ten years we have not produced a midfielder who can pass like Sunday Oliseh or a winger that can cross like George Finidi. I mean 10 YEARS. I watch modern Nigerian footballers and i wonder what is happening.
Im not criticizing but i am only being honest. I mean can we produce a play maker better than Okocha or at his level.
I have an old man as a friend who does not watch Nigeria's matches because compared to his era (Segun Odegbami, Muda Lawal etc), the modern Nigerian footballer is average and sometimes even horrible.
Its just my observations.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:42am On Aug 24, 2020
Philosopher1979:

Whenever i watch modern Nigerian players i am dismayed. The standards of their forefathers are higher. In the last ten years we have not produced a midfielder who can pass like Sunday Oliseh or a winger that can cross like George Finidi. I mean 10 YEARS. I watch modern Nigerian footballers and i wonder what is happening.
Im not criticizing but i am only being honest. I mean can we produce a play maker better than Okocha or at his level.
I have an old man as a friend who does not watch Nigeria's matches because compared to his era (Segun Odegbami, Muda Lawal etc), the modern Nigerian footballer is average and sometimes even horrible.

You guys are missing football has changed and the tactical setup will make it difficult for individual performance to stand out. Messi is easily one of the best players with on the ball ability of all time but easily gets shrugged off the ball in a well arranged tactical setup. Same with Neymar, who I feel is one of the most blessed on the ball.

The Okocha's and Co would find it difficult to carryout massive individual performances because of the current speed and tactical set up of the game.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 10:49am On Aug 24, 2020
Arsenal with a Champions League by proxy cheesy

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 10:51am On Aug 24, 2020
Philosopher1979:

When that old man was watching football during his young age was the players he was watching world class ?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 10:51am On Aug 24, 2020
TheGoodJoe:

You guys are missing football has changed and the tactical setup will make it difficult for individual performance to stand out. Messi is easily one of the best players with on the ball ability of all time but easily gets shrugged off the ball in a well arranged tactical setup. Same with Neymar, who I feel is one of the most blessed on the ball.

The Okocha's and Co would find it difficult to carryout massive individual performances because of the current speed and tactical set up of the game.

Yesterday's match support ur postulation... It was a game plan well carried out by Bayern,d match reminded me of our game against Germany in 2016 semi final Olympics..dey disrupted neymars play and PSG pressing fluid cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 10:53am On Aug 24, 2020
Meanwhile for those dt easily tag our players world class...dis is a typical one below..is d CV NOT INTIMIDATING AND NOT ONE DT WILL keep breaking stat with 1000 interception per season grin grin..dis is a world class player with trophies/laurels to show for it. cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Philosopher1979: 10:59am On Aug 24, 2020
andrewbaba44:

When that old man was watching football during his young age was the players he was watching world class ?

Yes they were. They just did not have the opportunity to go to Europe like modern African players. I mean Segun Odegbami used to dribble on the touch line and nobody could collect the ball from him. Okocha dribbled everybody in the English league when he got to Europe.
Today's generation is just average even though some are good.
Why do you think we are now using foreign born players. Part of the reason is that the standard of our football has fallen.
Im really honest with this. Those old generation were more gifted. The issue with them was the Nigerian league was good, the Nigerian economy was good and besides, African players did not have much opportunity in Europe. It was Roger Milla and italia 90 generation that created that awareness for African football.
I mean Kanu played the champions league final as a teenager.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by timay(m): 11:03am On Aug 24, 2020
elyte89:
Meanwhile for those dt easily tag our players world class...dis is a typical one below..is d CV NOT INTIMIDATING AND NOT ONE DT WILL keep breaking stat with 1000 interception per season grin grin..dis is a world class player with trophies/laurels to show for it. cool

Oga calm down. The trophies he won at Juve and PsG , he won them as a squad player, not as an integral part of the team. He was no different from Rhian Brewster in Liverpool who also gets medal for all the tournament Liverpool has won since last year meanwhile we all know he is a carry along squad member.

The ones he had in Bayern this season is the ones he really worked for and participated in the success as an active member of the team.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:07am On Aug 24, 2020
Osimhen set to resume preseason with Napoli today. He is already in Italy and have joined the squad for the camp in Castel Di Sangro.

Osimhen's backup Petagna misses out for now due to testing positive for Covid.

8 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 11:14am On Aug 24, 2020
Philosopher1979:

Yes they were. They just did not have the opportunity to go to Europe like modern African players. I mean Segun Odegbami used to dribble on the touch line and nobody could collect the ball from him. Okocha dribbled everybody in the English league when he got to Europe.
Today's generation is just average even though some are good.
Why do you think we are now using foreign born players. Part of the reason is that the standard of our football has fallen.
Im really honest with this. Those old generation were more gifted. The issue with them was the Nigerian league was good, the Nigerian economy was good and besides, African players did not have much opportunity in Europe. It was Roger Milla and italia 90 generation that created that awareness for African football.
I mean Kanu played the champions league final as a teenager.

Almost all the young guys here watched jay jay okocha, so there is nothing that old man knew about jay jay that people on this thread didnt know

Are the foreign players we are using world class ?

Okocha dribbled everybody in the english league? are you kidding me ? no dey talk wetin you no no, not all this dem say dem say garage news

Kanu is an ajax player okay so he will play in the finals no matter the age he is

Who where the world class players we have during those old man time ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (9326) (9327) (9328) (9329) (9330) (9331) (9332) ... (16230) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: maidaboi(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.