Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,083 members, 7,845,561 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 08:01 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (9330) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11835215 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9327) (9328) (9329) (9330) (9331) (9332) (9333) ... (16236) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Olulong(m): 11:17am On Aug 24, 2020
elyte89:
Meanwhile for those dt easily tag our players world class...dis is a typical one below..is d CV NOT INTIMIDATING AND NOT ONE DT WILL keep breaking stat with 1000 interception per season grin grin..dis is a world class player with trophies/laurels to show for it. cool

Only few African players have a trophy cabinet close this and None Currently playing have anything like this
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Philosopher1979: 11:29am On Aug 24, 2020
andrewbaba44:

Almost all the young guys here watched jay jay okocha, so there is nothing that old man knew about jay jay that people on this thread didnt know

Are the foreign players we are using world class ?

Okocha dribbled everybody in the english league? are you kidding me ? no dey talk wetin you no no, not all this dem say dem say garage news

Kanu is an ajax player okay so he will play in the finals no matter the age he is

Who where the world class players we have during those old man time ?

Etim esin muda lawal yekinni henry nwosu segun odegbami were world class.
I told you they did not have the opportunity to go to Europe
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Olulong(m): 11:32am On Aug 24, 2020
andrewbaba44:

Almost all the young guys here watched jay jay okocha, so there is nothing that old man knew about jay jay that people on this thread didnt know

Are the foreign players we are using world class ?

Okocha dribbled everybody in the english league? are you kidding me ? no dey talk wetin you no no, not all this dem say dem say garage news

Kanu is an ajax player okay so he will play in the finals no matter the age he is

Who where the world class players we have during those old man time ?

my guy KANU was world class. He finished 6th in 1996 FIFA world player of the year.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 11:34am On Aug 24, 2020
Olulong:

my guy KANU was world class. He finished 6th in 1996 FIFA world player of the year.

All young guys watched Kanu play bro ,and yes Kanu is world class no doubt and I wasn’t even talking about Kanu who I watched ,I was talking about the Odegbami and co who I didn’t watch bro ,and I didn’t say Kanu isn’t world class

I want him to tell me the world class players those old men watched then
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Neobulletzz(m): 11:35am On Aug 24, 2020
Philosopher1979:

Ndidi CANNOT STAND UP TO SUNDAY OLISEH
Whenever i watch modern Nigerian players i am dismayed. The standards of their forefathers are higher. In the last ten years we have not produced a midfielder who can pass like Sunday Oliseh or a winger that can cross like George Finidi. I mean 10 YEARS. I watch modern Nigerian footballers and i wonder what is happening.
Im not criticizing but i am only being honest. I mean can we produce a play maker better than Okocha or at his level.
I have an old man as a friend who does not watch Nigeria's matches because compared to his era (Segun Odegbami, Muda Lawal etc), the modern Nigerian footballer is average and sometimes even horrible.
Its just my observations.
But Mikel could pass na

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 11:44am On Aug 24, 2020
Philosopher1979:

Etim esin muda lawal yekinni henry nwosu segun odegbami were world class.
I told you they did not have the opportunity to go to Europe

Are these guys world class apart from yekini ?

Anyway what do I know
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 11:52am On Aug 24, 2020
Olulong:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:02pm On Aug 24, 2020
Naija players expected/likely to be in action across Europe today

Belgian First Division B

Jordan Attah Kadiri (Lommel SK) vs Seeing - Home game.

Swedish Allsvenskan

Moses Ogbu (Mjallby) Vs Kalmar FF - Away game.

Ishaq Abdulrazak (IFK Norrkoping) vs BK Hacken - Home game.

Elohor Godswill Ekpolo (BK Hacken) vs IFK Norrkoping - Away game.

Norway 1. Division

Peter Godly Michael (Øygarden) vs Jerv - Home game.

Igoh Ogbu (Sogndal) Vs Tromsø - Away game.

Ifeanyi Matthew, Moses Ebiye (Lillestrom SK) vs Kongsvinger - Home game.

Club Friendlies

Cyriel Dessers, Paul Onuachu, Stephen Odey, *Shawn Adewoye (KRC Genk) vs KVC Westerlo

Olanrewaju Kayode (Gaziantep) vs Eskisehirspor

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 12:11pm On Aug 24, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
Osimhen set to resume preseason with Napoli today. He is already in Italy and have joined the squad for the camp in Castel Di Sangro.

Osimhen's backup Petagna misses out for now due to testing positive for Covid.

Milik is his backup unless he gets a move out. Although I feel they can play together.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 12:13pm On Aug 24, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
Naija players expected/likely to be in action across Europe today

Belgian First Division B

Jordan Attah Kadiri (Lommel SK) vs Seeing - Home game.

Swedish Allsvenskan

Moses Ogbu (Mjallby) Vs Kalmar FF - Away game.

Ishaq Abdulrazak (IFK Norrkoping) vs BK Hacken - Home game.

Elohor Godswill Ekpolo (BK Hacken) vs IFK Norrkoping - Away game.

Norway 1. Division

Peter Godly Michael (Øygarden) vs Jerv - Home game.

Igoh Ogbu (Sogndal) Vs Tromsø - Away game.

Ifeanyi Matthew, Moses Ebiye (Lillestrom SK) vs Kongsvinger - Home game.

Club Friendlies

Cyriel Dessers, Paul Onuachu, Stephen Odey, *Shawn Adewoye (KRC Genk) vs KVC Westerlo

Olanrewaju Kayode (Gaziantep) vs Eskisehirspor

Odey should stop playing these nonsense friendlies and ask for a move.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 12:14pm On Aug 24, 2020
Danielnino00:

6 goals in 17 games in the Belgian league is what he is making noise about grin ..

Belgian league that Nigerians have used to play around cheesy

Simon, Onyekuru,Kalu,Imoh Ezekiel, Joseph Akpala,even Osimhen..

I don't remember him calling Osimhen a lion after his exploits in Belgium...
I actually remember him saying something like Osimhen's exploits in Belgium was no big deal because of the quality of the league cheesy

You couldn't resist the temptations to join the rabble of nonsense train of thought.

Yannick Bolasie is a winger, and once exceptional one in the EPL not too long ago.

The terms of measurement for a winger are very different as compared to a striker. A simple deduction that is lost on you.

Add to the fact he has been struggling with Injury recovery, for some players an ACL can be the end of their careers. We know that Ebuehi who had the same injury is struggling to get back to form. I remember Osaze had similar at Stoke and after that he was never able to get back to form.

But he is back at Everton is 31 years old and us seemingly back to form and is going to give Iwobi a problem. That's the context.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 12:14pm On Aug 24, 2020
I am backing Charleroi (Osimhen's former club) to win the league this season.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:15pm On Aug 24, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
Osimhen set to resume preseason with Napoli today. He is already in Italy and have joined the squad for the camp in Castel Di Sangro.

Osimhen's backup Petagna misses out for now due to testing positive for Covid.

Osimhen at Castel Di Sangro with one of his new teammates (Amir Rrhamani, CB). Looking pumped! wink

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:16pm On Aug 24, 2020
I just tire. Window is still open. I hope he secures a loan move at least.

BascoVanVeli:

Odey should stop playing these nonsense friendlies and ask for a move.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:19pm On Aug 24, 2020
Thanks for the lookout Ziad. I was indisposed for a while. It is well. The show must go on.

zayyadidris:
What happened to @TheSuperNerd? No updates today.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:22pm On Aug 24, 2020
That's true if Milik does stay. That would make Petagna third choice even. Anyway, the Italian window officially opens Sept 1 so there is lot of time for business to be done. Napoli are still expected to bring in a few more faces too but I think they are not getting Gabriel anymore coz KK is likely to stay unless one of the two Manchester Clubs matches ADL'S valuation or gets close to it. Time will tell.

Just glad to see our #9 getting down to training business at his new side.

BascoVanVeli:

Milik is his backup unless he gets a move out. Although I feel they can play together.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 12:26pm On Aug 24, 2020
timay:

Oga calm down. The trophies he won at Juve and PsG , he won them as a squad player, not as an integral part of the team. He was no different from Rhian Brewster in Liverpool who also gets medal for all the tournament Liverpool has won since last year meanwhile we all know he is a carry along squad member.

The ones he had in Bayern this season is the ones he really worked for and participated in the success as an active member of the team.

Well.dts d merit of playing for a big team

Whether he won it as a squad player or not...it has been written down in history dt he won all those laurels,beside dt for him to av been given a medal shows dt he played more Dan 10games in a season (not too bad for a squad player) cool
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 12:26pm On Aug 24, 2020
Philosopher1979:

Ndidi CANNOT STAND UP TO SUNDAY OLISEH
Whenever i watch modern Nigerian players i am dismayed. The standards of their forefathers are higher. In the last ten years we have not produced a midfielder who can pass like Sunday Oliseh or a winger that can cross like George Finidi. I mean 10 YEARS. I watch modern Nigerian footballers and i wonder what is happening.
Im not criticizing but i am only being honest. I mean can we produce a play maker better than Okocha or at his level.
I have an old man as a friend who does not watch Nigeria's matches because compared to his era (Segun Odegbami, Muda Lawal etc), the modern Nigerian footballer is average and sometimes even horrible.
Its just my observations.

I agree unreservedly, in my opinion our football has regressed.

At a time our players were players playing in the elite clubs of Europe and players with a very high profile.

Monaco, Inter, Arsenal, PSG, Ajax, Borussia, that's not the position anymore.

Consider our previous forward line up, Yakubu, Kanu, Amokachi, Osaze, Obagoal, Yekini, Ikpeba, Finidi, even our lesser forwards Anichebe, Kalu, Akpoberie, would walk into the current set up.

The current forwards may be making more money but lf we were to go back in time l can't see Ighalo and Osimhen displacing any of our former stars.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Neobulletzz(m): 12:28pm On Aug 24, 2020
TheSuperNerd:

That's true if Milik does stay. That would make Petagna third choice even. Anyway, the Italian window officially opens Sept 1 so there is lot of time for business to be done. Napoli are still expected to bring in a few more faces too but I think they are not getting Gabriel anymore coz KK is likely to stay unless one of the two Manchester Clubs matches ADL'S valuation or gets close to it. Time will tell.

Just glad to see our #9 getting down to training business at his new side.

Why was I banned and you were not banned, na me and you dey argue for here na
So dem ban me, come leave you

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:30pm On Aug 24, 2020
All eyes on the New Prince of Naples... Naples excited as Osimhen resumes training duties at Castel Di Sangro. wink

Courtesy: CalcioNapoli24

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 12:30pm On Aug 24, 2020
andrewbaba44:

Lol

Few people like edopesin and some other monikers will get my point due to some of my last arguement before I was banned

I no Dey downplay Bayern ooo

Best team in Europe for now

SHOCKING you were banned
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 12:32pm On Aug 24, 2020
elyte89:
Meanwhile for those dt easily tag our players world class...dis is a typical one below..is d CV NOT INTIMIDATING AND NOT ONE DT WILL keep breaking stat with 1000 interception per season grin grin..dis is a world class player with trophies/laurels to show for it. cool

You are using trophies to list world class players, in 2020?

Chai!

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 12:35pm On Aug 24, 2020
elyte89:

Kingsley Coman is not a world class winger

You failed on this one

I can even show you a better winger with less achievement than Kingsley Coman
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 12:36pm On Aug 24, 2020
andrewbaba44:

I do agree with you most times but i do wonder if you watch fooball most times or even know about the game

A caliber of player like yannick bolaise went to the belgium league and scored 6 goals in 17 games and you call that the status of a lion in that league ?

No doubt bolaise is not more of a goal scorer but he should have done better than that,that stats is just average and cant be referred as a lion in that league, i am even sure if moses simon goes back to the belgian league at some point he would do better than that

Put a poor scorer like zaha in the belgian league and watch him get the lion stats hand do better than bolaise

You think bolaise will have a chance under ancelotti at the expense of iwobi? You must be a warri dreamer

The trouble is not Bolasie but Iwobi.

Iwobi has not really defined himself and given himself can quality and indisputable identity. He is neither an out and out winger or a AM. he is like a hybrid electric or petrol we really do not know.

An in form Bolasie as a natural winger will displace Iwobi on the wings leaving him to fight for a Midfield slot against Gomez and others.

And l am not dreaming.

17 games and 6 goals is very good for a winger l think, maybe if he had played a whole season that's another 12 games he would have scored more.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 12:37pm On Aug 24, 2020
Olulong:

Only few African players have a trophy cabinet close this and None Currently playing have anything like this

Even mahrez is a better player than Coman but doesn’t have any trophy cabinet like that
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 12:39pm On Aug 24, 2020
BascoVanVeli:

They can’t play together
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:40pm On Aug 24, 2020
Osimhen updates

Courtesy: IL Martino (@mattinodinapoli)

Osimhen met his new Napoli teammates yesterday and the captain, Lorenzo Insigne was the first to greet him at the San Paolo.

Today they arrived at Castel Di Sangro for their preseason camping/training.

The Napoli Journey begins for our Number 9 with his first training today.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 12:41pm On Aug 24, 2020
Like play like play, the La liga has won half of both UCL and Europa League in 20years.

10 to Laliga on Ucl. 2teams
Same to Laliga on Europa 3teams

This fact is shuddering!!

Nigerians involved are almost 0

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jargooflife912(m): 12:47pm On Aug 24, 2020
elyte89:

So World class is now by the numbers of trophies someone won now? LOL Omo this thread
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 12:47pm On Aug 24, 2020
daveP:
Like play like play, the La liga has won half of both UCL and Europa League in 20years.

10 to Laliga on Ucl. 2teams
Same to Laliga on Europa 3teams

This fact is shuddering!!

Nigerians involved are almost 0

That’s why laliga is the best league in the world ,till tomorrow

How do you mean Nigerians involved are almost Zero

Remember obi Mikel ,Victor Moses have enjoyed Europa league success

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 12:48pm On Aug 24, 2020
jargooflife912:
So World class is now by the numbers of trophies someone won now? LOL Omo this thread

Then Sergi Roberto is world class grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 12:50pm On Aug 24, 2020
andrewbaba44:

That’s why laliga is the best league in the world ,till tomorrow

How do you mean Nigerians involved are almost Zero

Remember obi Mikel ,Victor Moses have enjoyed Europa league success
With the la liga team i mean. Not epl teams

(1) (2) (3) ... (9327) (9328) (9329) (9330) (9331) (9332) (9333) ... (16236) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Amedino99(m), BARAJ92(m), Pidginwhisper, caprikon, CaptainStephen(m), Giv3n and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.