Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,394 members, 7,846,652 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 08:28 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (9331) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11839718 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9328) (9329) (9330) (9331) (9332) (9333) (9334) ... (16240) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 12:50pm On Aug 24, 2020
safarigirl:

You are using trophies to list world class players, in 2020?

Chai!

As a lawyer....when u want to b known as a renowned lawyer in ur profession..ppu will.reckon with u based on d number of cases u av won to d one lose,not aw fluent or articulate ur expression is in d court and @ d end,d client won't win d case..abi no b so grin grin...u can correct me if I am wrong

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 12:51pm On Aug 24, 2020
daveP:
With the la liga team i mean. Not epl teams

Lol okay

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 12:52pm On Aug 24, 2020
Philosopher1979:

Heerenven needs money that is all. They are a small club with little money. I bet he has no say in the matter. African players are not given their own rights. However European players can make their decisions as they have better agents, publicists etc.
Also afrlican origin players are not well advertised

Here is olanrewaju kayode's wife talking about how she freed her husband from slave contracts. Recorded in Vanguard newspapper

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/08/how-i-freed-my-husband-from-slave-contracts-mrs-kayode-fa-licensed-football-agent/

He is lucky his wife is a lawyer. Nigerian football federation should address this problem

All these permutations are a consideration.

However, in my opinion the real issue is AFRICAN PLAYERS ARE TOO DESPERATE.

As a result they are very willing with both eyes open too sign thier entire generation and ancestral village away if they could, for a contract in Europe.

Again there are reasons for this that are also relative.

But the Nigerian factors brings another dimension. I digress to convey my point, when I go across Europe l see females from Burkina, Mali, Niger, etc places where we have. Look Me, l look you we are starving to death with Famine.

But on getting to Europe the females will take up employment as cleaners, care workers, Kitchen staff,etc and be content. Not our Naija babes they will do all kinds of unprintable things, in the name of money.

So our quest for money makes us do desperate even depraved things.

When I go Antwerp I see multitudes of Nigerian men washing cars for a living after failed football dreams in Europe and ashamed to return back to Nigeria.

I don't know why, I SEE NO SHAME, but somehow they do. I don't get it.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 12:54pm On Aug 24, 2020
elyte89:

As a lawyer....when u want to b known as a renowned lawyer in ur profession..ppu will.reckon with u based on d number of cases u av won to d one lose,not aw fluent or articulate ur expression is in d court..abi no b so grin grin

Comparison of law, to football?

Please, let us stick to topic, before we jump and start comparign footballers to medical doctors too.

So, if I go by your analysis, Coman is a greater player than Gerrard.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 12:57pm On Aug 24, 2020
This world class inference from trophy cabinet don come again.

Those with such tag have the cabinet

Some dont.

Which means that it's majorly down to influence on games, consistency and dominance in positional performance, and contribution to decisive goals, victories on the grand stage.

Funny enough, some players have all these qualities but still cant effect much on the grand stage. Does that now mean they aren't world class.

Some aren't even all noisy, or in the media, but always deliver on the grandest stage. Muller falls under this category well.

So what exactly is gonna be the top decider amongst the criteria?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 12:57pm On Aug 24, 2020
safarigirl:

Comparison of law, to football?

Please, let us stick to topic, before we jump and start comparign footballers to medical doctors too.

So, if I go by your analysis, Coman is a greater player than Gerrard.

No na...I didn't say dt...both players are great

I am talking in relation to our nigerian players been easily tagged as world class wout anything to show for it.I am of d opinion dt if a player wants to b tagged as world class must av a very rich CV(d only player dt fits dis criteria for me as a Nigerian player for d past 10years is Mikel,CONSISTENCY AND ALSO TROPHIES(BOTH COUNTRY AND CLUB)..dts just my opinion, not dt I am.comparing players with each oda wink

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 1:42pm On Aug 24, 2020
poor transfer i'm afraid you are right. Russia for a young up and coming player is not the most ideal. with the kind of wingers we now have playing in more highly rated leagues than russia it would be hard for him to draw the attention of coach rohr

edi287:

Terrible move. Who are this guy's advisors abeg??

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 1:45pm On Aug 24, 2020
i think what elyte89 is saying is for you to be tagged world class you most have won something substantial. i'm also of that school of thought.

daveP:
This world class inference from trophy cabinet don come again.

Those with such tag have the cabinet

Some dont.

Which means that it's majorly down to influence on games, consistency and dominance in positional performance, and contribution to decisive goals, victories on the grand stage.

Funny enough, some players have all these qualities but still cant effect much on the grand stage. Does that now mean they aren't world class.

Some aren't even all noisy, or in the media, but always deliver on the grandest stage. Muller falls under this category well.

So what exactly is gonna be the top decider amongst the criteria?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Utonwanne(m): 1:51pm On Aug 24, 2020
komekn:

I agree unreservedly, in my opinion our football has regressed.

At a time our players were players playing in the elite clubs of Europe and players with a very high profile.

Monaco, Inter, Arsenal, PSG, Ajax, Borussia, that's not the position anymore.

Consider our previous forward line up, Yakubu, Kanu, Amokachi, Osaze, Obagoal, Yekini, Ikpeba, Finidi, even our lesser forwards Anichebe, Kalu, Akpoberie, would walk into the current set up.

The current forwards may be making more money but lf we were to go back in time l can't see Ighalo and Osimhen displacing any of our former stars.

Wtf is Achebe

Osimhen better pass Anichebe x5, no exaggeration. No be by body size.

Hahaha,,,, Achebe hahaha

You won't kill me

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 1:52pm On Aug 24, 2020
chrisooblog:
poor transfer i'm afraid you are right. Russia for a young up and coming player is not the most ideal. with the kind of wingers we now have playing in more highly rated leagues than russia it would be hard for him to draw the attention of coach rohr

This is not that bad as you think

And calling a player from cska Moscow to the eagles is not bad

Your wingers are not doing that well in highly rated league so what are you saying ?

Apart from Chuks and Moses Simon then who are your other wingers doing so well ??

I will start an inform player doing well for cska over someone not doing well in the so called epl laliga seria A
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 1:53pm On Aug 24, 2020
Cc Andrewbaba44 You don't even know half of what is going on at this club

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 1:54pm On Aug 24, 2020
chrisooblog:
i think what elyte89 is saying is for you to be tagged world class you most have won something substantial. i'm also of that school of thought.

You can be world class without winning things close to what Coman has won ,to make it worst Coman is not a world class player self

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 1:56pm On Aug 24, 2020
Subzero047:
Cc Andrewbaba44 You don't even know half of what is going on at this club

Lol

E make sense nah ,Koeman has already said he is not in his plans

Anyway I am still waiting to see the news at barcabraugranes
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 2:03pm On Aug 24, 2020
guy if ejuke goes to moscow and starts posting mediocre numbers it will be hard for him to get an invite to the national team.

what is helping people like Samuel Kalu and Dennis is the status of the league they play in. let Kalu go to Turkey as speculated and be dropping those rubbish stats like last season see if he will still be called up

andrewbaba44:

This is not that bad as you think

And calling a player from cska Moscow to the eagles is not bad

Your wingers are not doing that well in highly rated league so what are you saying ?

Apart from Chuks and Moses Simon then who are your other wingers doing so well ??

I will start an inform player doing well for cska over someone not doing well in the so called epl laliga seria A
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 2:06pm On Aug 24, 2020
nobody is saying you have to win everything but if you're a world class player and you can't win any of UCL, WC or your continental trophy i would seriously doubt your credentials.

andrewbaba44:

You can be world class without winning things close to what Coman has won ,to make it worst Coman is not a world class player self

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 2:08pm On Aug 24, 2020
chrisooblog:
nobody is saying you have to win everything but if you're a world class player and you can't win any of UCL, WC or your continental trophy i would seriously doubt your credentials.

Nobody will doubt Raheem sterling or de bruyne credentials without any of them winning the ucl or World Cup

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 2:12pm On Aug 24, 2020
chrisooblog:
guy if ejuke goes to moscow and starts posting mediocre numbers it will be hard for him to get an invite to the national team.

what is helping people like Samuel Kalu and Dennis is the status of the league they play in. let Kalu go to Turkey as speculated and be dropping those rubbish stats like last season see if he will still be called up

I will call an ejuke who will score goals and assist than a Samuel kalu with poor stats playing in the French league

Did I hear you say Dennis ,what yeye status of league ? When did the belgian league become better than the Russian league ?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 2:22pm On Aug 24, 2020
chrisooblog:

Wa sere, my man...now someone is getting my point cool
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 2:23pm On Aug 24, 2020
chrisooblog:

Anoda gud point cool
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gamaliel9: 2:31pm On Aug 24, 2020
CSKA Moscow is the biggest club in Russia. It compets year on year in Europe. Chidi Odia was here and won an Europa. This move is good and a step up. I love their jersey too grin grin. Getting ready too to streaming their matches. He is going to wow them with speed,skill and goals.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gamaliel9: 2:33pm On Aug 24, 2020
They will make a fortune off him in three years time. Because a bigger club must come..just like they made a fortune selling Musa to Liecester.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheOtherCitizen(f): 2:34pm On Aug 24, 2020
Done deal. Chelsea have signed Chilwell and Havertz. Let's see how this affects Emmanuel Dennis.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 2:36pm On Aug 24, 2020
andrewbaba44:

U av agreed with what I am saying already ,wc is d player must win something substantial cool
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 2:39pm On Aug 24, 2020
andrewbaba44:

Lol

E make sense nah ,Koeman has already said he is not in his plans

Anyway I am still waiting to see the news at barcabraugranes

They could have gotten atleast 15 million for Suarez, terminating his contract was ill thought and an insult to Suarez
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 2:41pm On Aug 24, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
Naija players expected/likely to be in action across Europe today

Belgian First Division B

Jordan Attah Kadiri (Lommel SK) vs Seeing - Home game.

Swedish Allsvenskan

Moses Ogbu (Mjallby) Vs Kalmar FF - Away game.

Ishaq Abdulrazak (IFK Norrkoping) vs BK Hacken - Home game.

Elohor Godswill Ekpolo (BK Hacken) vs IFK Norrkoping - Away game.

Norway 1. Division

Peter Godly Michael (Øygarden) vs Jerv - Home game.

Igoh Ogbu (Sogndal) Vs Tromsø - Away game.

Ifeanyi Matthew, Moses Ebiye (Lillestrom SK) vs Kongsvinger - Home game.

Club Friendlies

Cyriel Dessers, Paul Onuachu, Stephen Odey, *Shawn Adewoye (KRC Genk) vs KVC Westerlo

[b]Olanrewaju Kayode (Gaziantep) [/b]vs Eskisehirspor

Has Kayode gone back to Turkey? The last I checked he is currently with Sharktar Doneskt and has been given number 80 for this season. Don't know if he's going to stay or move.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 2:44pm On Aug 24, 2020
Osigoal

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheOtherCitizen(f): 2:45pm On Aug 24, 2020
Tolu Arokodare came back from exile to score yesterday.
17G+A in 15 games. Highest goal scorer.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheOtherCitizen(f): 2:47pm On Aug 24, 2020
forgiveness:

Has Kayode gone back to Turkey? The last I checked he is currently with Sharktar Doneskt and has been given number 80 for this season. Don't know if he's going to stay or move.

Correct. He's surely moving, loads of clubs interested.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 2:50pm On Aug 24, 2020
Subzero047:

They could have gotten atleast 15 million for Suarez, terminating his contract was ill thought and an insult to Suarez

They ain’t terminating his contract bro ,that news ain’t true

Barca ain’t that stupid ,they will get about 25 million for Suarez ,that 15 million is for just Ajax
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 2:51pm On Aug 24, 2020
TheOtherCitizen:
Done deal. Chelsea have signed Chilwell and Havertz. Let's see how this affects Emmanuel Dennis.

Please explain this
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 2:54pm On Aug 24, 2020
currently yes but if both of them end their careers without winning those big trophies there will always be an * beside their name. i can make an exception for league championships won but that will not stop some one in 2050 with no sense of football history posting on the future equivalent of whatever social media that they were local champions.

For instance if I say Mario Jardel was world class some people might laugh me to scorn even though his numbers in Portuguese league were crazy

andrewbaba44:

Nobody will doubt Raheem sterling or de bruyne credentials without any of them winning the ucl or World Cup
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 2:54pm On Aug 24, 2020
gamaliel9:
CSKA Moscow is the biggest club in Russia. It compets year on year in Europe. Chidi Odia was here and won an Europa. This move is good and a step up. I love their jersey too grin grin. Getting ready too to streaming their matches. He is going to wow them with speed,skill and goals.

They forget Russia is just behind France in the rankings

The Brazil national team has called players from cska Moscow in the past so why can’t naija call a player doing well there

Not that our players in the better league are tearing the league apart

3 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (9328) (9329) (9330) (9331) (9332) (9333) (9334) ... (16240) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: caprikon, shawwal1(m), Marjoribanks, Yachambliss(m), Odunayaw(m), lbrichman2, mhiztalee(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.