Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,297 members, 7,846,336 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 02:21 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (9367) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11838462 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9364) (9365) (9366) (9367) (9368) (9369) (9370) ... (16238) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 11:23pm On Aug 28, 2020
komekn:

You are biased to the point of bigotry.

Nothing in life is certain however we can make informed projections.

Nwakali has done ABSOLUTE NOTHING in the past 5 years and there is nothing to say he will in the next 5 years.

On the other hand Onazi has been outstanding and consistent but not in recent times. Will he be able to get back to his high level quality in Seria A, will he be able to perform for the next 10 years, l simply do not know.

Onazi player has shown outstanding quality in the past 7 years and Nwakali is yet to achieve 10% of what Onazi has achieved. Indeed may never achieve anything.

Your approach is simply negative assumption with Onazi and double standard. With regard to Nwakali its sentimental favoritism.

First things first, let us address the bolded...

Please how has Onazi been outstanding and consistent over the last 5 seasons?
As a DM, how many tackles did he make?
How many interceptions?
How many successful ball recovery?
How many MOTMs did he win?
Was he even among the top 5 in his league?
Was he even the best in his team?

Do well to answer that... otherwise,you are a liar!

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 11:25pm On Aug 28, 2020
Atalanta have signed an AM/Winger from Locomotiv Moscow

Window for Emmanuel Dennis closing
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 11:25pm On Aug 28, 2020
TheSuperNerd:

Well done Komekn... You even said worst for/about Osimhen. Danke!!!

Are you done? Now hear Chukwueze on Nwakali....

He says Hiiiiiiiiiii Komekn!!!! cool

So,that is his endgame .. grin .

Praising Onazi to rubbish Nwakali..
Same way he praised Onauchu to rubbish Osimhen...

Damn,the guy is so predictable and easy to read like a book of alphabets grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 11:26pm On Aug 28, 2020
Danielnino00:

How many interceptions?

When was the last time Onazi was even relevant grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 11:30pm On Aug 28, 2020
Subzero047:

When was the last time Onazi was even relevant grin

We will get back to that.. grin
Let Komekn reply me first..
Let's see how outstanding Onazi has been in the last 5 years..

Komekn has repeatedly refused to acknowledge that Collins and Awaziem were outstanding at their respective clubs this season,based on the fact that they didn't meet some of the criterias I listed... He even used the same criteria to conclude that Sadiq wasn't a lion in Serbia grin
That's fine,but he must prove that Onazi meet those criterias too...
Otherwise,he is a liar!!

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Meliforme: 11:36pm On Aug 28, 2020
IDENNAA:

This is gonna be too sweet when Nwakali finally joins these duo....na die!

Yesssooooo

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 11:43pm On Aug 28, 2020
Danielnino00:

Komekn has repeatedly refused to acknowledge that Collins and Awaziem were outstanding at their respective clubs this season,based on the fact that they didn't meet some of the criterias I listed... He even used the same criteria to conclude that Sadiq wasn't a lion in Serbia grin
Otherwise,he is a liar!!

Watch out for big sounding words next grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Meliforme: 11:49pm On Aug 28, 2020
It's like there are spirits that torments some folks in here at the mention of Nwakali

They want to stop every mention of that name.

But Nwa kalili fa.

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 6:03am On Aug 29, 2020
TheSuperNerd:

Komekn Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii....... grin

Chukwueze left footed sweet strike... Osimhen Hattrick + 3 assists.... Insigne Hattrick...

All say Hiiiiiiiiiiiii grin grin grin

Lol

Una Dey show komekn pepper sha
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 6:06am On Aug 29, 2020
Danielnino00:

Otherwise,he is a liar!!

If you take a look at komekn he doesn’t really watch games or take note of some players

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Philosopher1979: 6:25am On Aug 29, 2020
andrewbaba44:

If you take a look at komekn he doesn’t really watch games or take note of some players

Komekn is very good in English football. So he can scout English league players that are good for Nigeria.
After that his knowledge of Italian, Spanish, German etc football is very limited.
He makes the mistake of rating English league players (both home based foreign born etc) above other players and he is proud

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 7:13am On Aug 29, 2020
Philosopher1979:

Komekn is very good in English football. So he can scout English league players that are good for Nigeria.
After that his knowledge of Italian, Spanish, German etc football is very limited.
He makes the mistake of rating English league players (both home based foreign born etc) above other players and he is proud
hahaha
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Rockyrascal(m): 7:21am On Aug 29, 2020
kellycute:
if he make instant mark in epl, he won't play for Naija.
thats true but I wish him all the best anyways because he his still eligible to play for our national team.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Lucque: 7:43am On Aug 29, 2020
Komekn will neva respond when the room is hot...he will either come and make an entirely different post...or he would post tomorrow when most of us are not online to respond immediately.....or d most uncommon tactic he uses is to wait until someone posts to defend him then he would post...knowing he has an ally....

We don tey for here...we know how e de be grin

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 8:08am On Aug 29, 2020
Lucque:
Komekn will neva respond when the room is hot...he will either come and make an entirely different post...or he would post tomorrow when most of us are not online to respond immediately.....or d most uncommon tactic he uses is to wait until someone posts to defend him then he would post...knowing he has an ally....

We don tey for here...we know how e de be grin

Do you work with the CIA? shocked

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 8:22am On Aug 29, 2020
ChrisKels:

Do you work with the CIA? shocked
lol
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:26am On Aug 29, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
Samuel Chukwueze played all 90mins + for Villarreal as they lost 2-1 to Valencia in a friendly.

He scored a beautiful goal. Video of the goal was posted already by Subzero047.

Valencia's second goal pain me gaan... Asenjo committed a real howler for that one. Anyway, Chukwueze had an overall good game. Another fine run out for our Robben-Reloaded star. wink

Ok I need him spending an hour after every training with Parejo who the second best set piece taker in la Liga IMO
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:27am On Aug 29, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
Zaidu Sanusi to FC Porto getting closer: €4Million euros deal

Meanwhile, I wanted to share this earlier but the Osimhen 3 goals + 3 assists show was on.

A bola (Top Portuguese news site) reporting that Jorge Mendes about to close the deal that will take Zaidu Sanusi to Porto for €4 million.
Zaidu said no to Olympiacos. Not interested at all in moving to Greece.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.abola.pt/amp/noticias/ver/858667

As Translated:

Olympiakos, coached by Pedro Martins, may even have waved a very appealing financial proposal, but the 23-year-old Nigerian left-back, who so delighted Sérgio Conceição with Santa Clara (27 games, one goal, curiously scored in Luz, in a historic triumph of the islanders over Benfica) is not in the least interested in going to Greece.

After having also received carte blanche from Santa Clara to mediate the sale of the African defender, Jorge Mendes is thus preparing to finalize negotiations with FC Porto, fueling Zaidu's ambition - who also served at Mirandela between 2016 and 2018 -, to play in the Championships at the service of the dragons.

The SAD Porto player offers a contract of five seasons to this side that can also fulfill functions of central. And, to Santa Clara, they commit to writing a check for four million euros, the amount demanded by the Azoreans to release Zaidu, whose contract expires (va) in 2022.

Porto is where Nigerian dreams go to die
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 9:13am On Aug 29, 2020
BascoVanVeli:

Porto is where Nigerian dreams go to die

You are totally wrong sir

Our Nigerian players that played for Porto ain’t good enough to make the team ,why can’t you guys just admit to this than saying they kill the dreams of our naija players ?

Be sincere to your self and tell me if players like musa yahaya Mikel Agu are good enough to start for Porto first team ?

Even awaziem that manage 10 games will just be a squad player at best ,awaziem did well at Nantes and leganes maybe that’s what making most of you guys thinking that he should have been given a chance at Porto ,you forgot there are better players at Porto and porto is far ahead of leganes and Nantes

If Zaidu Sanusi is good enough then he will get game time at Porto,but if Alex telles is still there then him name na sorry

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:18am On Aug 29, 2020
andrewbaba44:

Our Nigerian players that played for Porto ain’t good enough to make the team ,why can’t you guys just admit to this than saying they kill the dreams of our naija players ?

Be sincere to your self and tell me if players like musa yahaya Mikel Agu are good enough to start for Porto first team ?

Even awaziem that manage 10 games will just be a squad player at best ,awaziem did well at Nantes and leganes maybe that’s what making most of you guys thinking that he should have been given a chance at Porto ,you forgot there are better players at Porto and porto is far ahead of leganes and Nantes

If Zaidu Sanusi is good enough then he will get game time at Porto,but if Alex telles is still there then him name na sorry

Until someone makes it that statement is still facts.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by timay(m): 9:22am On Aug 29, 2020
andrewbaba44:

Until a Nigerian makes it in that team,I'll agree with that guy. It's not as if Porto is the biggest team a Nigerian will ever play in. A lot of Nigerians have played in bigger and better teams than that club and have done amazingly well , so spare be the bs of Porto is one kind Barca that it takes extraordinary talent to excel at.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 9:38am On Aug 29, 2020
Kenneth Omeruo opened the scoring for Leganés against Eibar in a friendly game.
Game is currently 35 mins...

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Melvinity: 9:41am On Aug 29, 2020
Danielnino00:

How many interceptions?

I couldn't have said this any beta
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 9:47am On Aug 29, 2020
timay:

Until a Nigerian makes it in that team,I'll agree with that guy. It's not as if Porto is the biggest team a Nigerian will ever play in. A lot of Nigerians have played in bigger and better teams than that club and have done amazingly well , so spare be the bs of Porto is one kind Barca that it takes extraordinary talent to excel at.

Deres something wrong with Porto and Nigerian players career excelling in d club...dis has not yet been unravelled up till now cool..let's hope zaidu breaks d jinx

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Melvinity: 9:53am On Aug 29, 2020
elyte89:

Deres something wrong with Porto and Nigerian players career excelling in d club...dis has not yet been unravelled up till now cool..let's hope zaidu breaks d jinx
Bro, I must admit this.. I'm scared.. Porto is like a curse especially to naija players... Zaidu, may God keep u safe and may ur star shine....
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 10:04am On Aug 29, 2020
timay:

Thank you

Modified

I didn’t even get you well before

But the Nigerians that played at Porto ain’t good enough

Musa yahaya ,nwakali ,Mikel agu ,Chidera eze

If you are expecting any of this 3 guys to have success at Porto then you are the biggest joker I have ever seen

Coach go see better players na all these ones una want make him play ?

Make una Dey deceive una self

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 10:04am On Aug 29, 2020
BascoVanVeli:

Until someone makes it that statement is still facts.

Story

Your naija players at Porto aren’t good enough ,simple and clear

Sad truth

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:15am On Aug 29, 2020
Danielnino00:

How many interceptions?

You highlighted my statement in bold but did not read it. Maybe you lack comprehensiion.

Let me reiterate, BUT NOT IN RECENT TIMES, that's your answer.

You omitted to make the same level field question with regards to Nwakali, I wonder why DOUBLE STANDARD.

I gave no accolades or commendations to Onazi what l emphasised was a fair and balanced approach to him not a double standard bigoted one. Because he is not your favourite.

Omeruo, Collins and Awaziem were not outstanding in their respective leagues and got relegated. There is nothing to hype or commend.

These are low level clubs that would absolutely struggle in the Championship.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 10:16am On Aug 29, 2020
elyte89:

Even you self no wan tell your self the truth

Maybe you where expecting musa yahaya and Mikel agu to start ahead of better players there

Keep on deceiving your self
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:17am On Aug 29, 2020
andrewbaba44:

Agreed without question and or sentiment based emotive preference for Nigerian players.

EOD.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 10:21am On Aug 29, 2020
andrewbaba44:

Story
Your naija players at Porto aren’t good enough ,simple and clear
Sad truth
I guess they are there for business
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 10:22am On Aug 29, 2020
TheLoneCitizen:
Kenneth Omeruo opened the scoring for Leganés against Eibar in a friendly game.

Game is currently 35 mins...

If he like he should score hatrick from defence

I don’t want to see him at leganes next season

I will be disappointed if omeruo can’t get a decent laliga team

(1) (2) (3) ... (9364) (9365) (9366) (9367) (9368) (9369) (9370) ... (16238) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: cromz(m), Posh(m), elyte89, lelion, hustleranthem(m), charlesemeka85(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.