Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,791 members, 7,855,336 topics. Date: Sunday, 09 June 2024 at 06:49 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (9369) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11897974 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9366) (9367) (9368) (9369) (9370) (9371) (9372) ... (16286) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:03pm On Aug 29, 2020
Corriere Dello Sport, Italy on Osimhen after his preseason debut showing of 3 Goals + 3 Assists

"Just the time to admire the overflowing power, the speed, the feline progression, the flashes of technique. He presented himself in the best possible way: a gazelle and a panther, more simply a talented striker full of potential that he will obviously have to confirm in the league and in Europe. But the conditions are super."

The physique is defined as beastial:

"Long stride and explosive muscles. A deadly weapon on the counterattack and also in the cuts and insertions. And then he sees and hears the door and has variety of play. Napoli have got their hands on a diamond to be polished, maybe a little rough but still shiny".

Note: Osimhen had another goal disallowed. Would have been four.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Melvinity: 1:06pm On Aug 29, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
Corriere Dello Sport, Italy on Osimhen after his preseason debut showing of 3 Goals + 3 Assists

"Just the time to admire the overflowing power, the speed, the feline progression, the flashes of technique. He presented himself in the best possible way: a gazelle and a panther, more simply a talented striker full of potential that he will obviously have to confirm in the league and in Europe. But the conditions are super."

"Long stride and explosive muscles. A deadly weapon on the counterattack and also in the cuts and insertions. And then he sees and hears the door and has variety of play. Napoli have got their hands on a diamond to be polished, maybe a little rough but still shiny".

Now this is someone I can place a bet on

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 1:09pm On Aug 29, 2020
rabzy:

Hmmm...lolololol...did you just read the story of Pilate and Jesus recently

Yeah, in a recent Christian study.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 1:12pm On Aug 29, 2020
andrewbaba44:

So all players signed for a team means he is good enough ba ?

Should i give you list of players signed to play for chelsea barca man u that are not good enough for the team ?

You said awaziem went to nantes and did well, no doubt, but you are not making any sense, is nantes on the same level with porto ?

You want to compare the players at nantes with porto right ? You must be kidding me , porto is a top team in europe and same cant be said of nantes, is it because porto are in portugal or what ?

There have been many top players at porto for the past few years

Is emmanuel sarki or kenneth omeruo a chelsea standard player? you should have asked why did chelsea sign them , i guess they are good enough to play for chelsea

Olanrewaju kayode is also mancity standard grin
oga...You have still not answered my questions... Why did Porto signed those players if they are not good enough? Why didn't they let go of Awaziem when Nantes came calling? At least he is not good enough and losing him for a peanut fee wouldn't have any effect on their team.
And ,forget past glories,how many decent players dey that team? No dey hype Porto anyhow bro. Are Atalanta and Lipzeig not below their level yet they are currently the football hotties.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 1:15pm On Aug 29, 2020
TheSuperNerd:

They should take it easy abeg. Make dem no pressure our boy. They should leave the hype for us.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 1:21pm On Aug 29, 2020
Danielnino00:

There's a deeper meaning to that comment..
IYKWIM grin
lol we all know the player the comment is about. once said player struggles a bit you will hear talk of you can't use pre-season goals to judge true form bla bla bla. lol just free am na him way
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 1:27pm On Aug 29, 2020
oga football is business and not all academy players make it to men's football

mostob:
oga...You have still not answered my questions... Why did Porto signed those players if they are not good enough? Why didn't they let go of Awaziem when Nantes came calling? At least he is not good enough and losing him for a peanut fee wouldn't have any effect on their team.
And ,forget past glories,how many decent players dey that team? No dey hype Porto anyhow bro. Are Atalanta and Lipzeig not below their level yet they are currently the football hotties.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 1:29pm On Aug 29, 2020
mostob:

I am not hyping Porto

Accept the fact that your naija players there where not better than the ones starting

You can also ask Chelsea why did they sign Emmanuel Sarki and Kenneth omeruo

Seems they didn’t let go of awaziem when Nantes came calling why didn’t they make him a starter ? E be like say na yesterday you start to Dey watch ball ,if awaziem even stayed at Porto he would have gotten some game time unlike others

Why did Chelsea keep on renewing omeruo contract when he was there and refuse to sell him to Turkish teams for lesser amount I guess Chelsea was saving omeruo for the future
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 1:29pm On Aug 29, 2020
charlesemeka85:
oga football is business and not all academy players make it to men's football

ok
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 1:33pm On Aug 29, 2020
andrewbaba44:

I am not hyping Porto

Accept the fact that your naija players there where not better than the ones starting

You can also ask Chelsea why did they sign Emmanuel Sarki and Kenneth omeruo

Seems they didn’t let go of awaziem when Nantes came calling why didn’t they make him a starter ? E be like say na yesterday you start to Dey watch ball ,if awaziem even stayed at Porto he would have gotten some game time unlike others

Why did Chelsea keep on renewing omeruo contract when he was there and refuse to sell him to Turkish teams for lesser amount I guess Chelsea was saving omeruo for the future
What makes you think they are not better than those starting? I know Eze and Yahaya may not be good enough(which is still baffling) but I'm talking about Awaziem. Bar Pepe and Telles ,there is no decent defenders in their team.
You know what, I'll respect your opinion and I will hold on to mine.
we move....
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by IDENNAA(m): 1:36pm On Aug 29, 2020
TheSuperNerd:

Massive ratings. Like we always said here before this debut I am one million percent confident Osimhen will succeed and surpass our expectations. Ballon dor loading.... cheesy

The Omonoba of Nigerian football!

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by IDENNAA(m): 1:42pm On Aug 29, 2020
Osimhen might not even last at Napoli more than one season...hehe. My Nigga got too much strength , speed , technique , precision , vision and in the words of a certain Italian fan on YouTube "Osimhen is a team player and generous"

Pleasant morning, everybody.

8 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 1:44pm On Aug 29, 2020
Danielnino00:

I didn't mention Eze and Yahaya... I mentioned Awaziem and Agu...
They don't have to start... considerable game time would be enough to show how good they are..

As far as I can tell, Awaziem was impressive in the few games he played for Porto...he left because he didn't want to continue sitting on the bench...

As for Liverpool,those on loan players won't start not really because they aren't good..it's because Klopp has a special preference for players!
I don't know how many times I have to repeat that to you...
Take for instance, Brewster is a better goal scorer than Firmino but he won't start because he doesn't offer some of the things Firmino offer...Ejaria is more productive as a CM than Wijnaldum,but he doesn't have Wijnaldum work rate,same applies to Grujic...

Misinformation and disinformation.

You are making the simplistic to be unnecessary convoluted.

Very simple Oviemuno is not better than Wijnaldum and Brewster is not better than Firmino "no long ting".

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 1:48pm On Aug 29, 2020
mostob:

Very simple, na bizness, it's trading within that business model is marketing that means exaggeration to create value and see which foolish club go fall Mugu.

Liverpool did it with near £20 million Solanke to Bournemouth.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 1:49pm On Aug 29, 2020
mostob:
What makes you think they are not better than those starting? I know Eze and Yahaya may not be good enough(which is still baffling) but I'm talking about Awaziem. Bar Pepe and Telles ,there is no decent defenders in their team.
we move....

You will say you don’t know the players than saying there are no better defenders there

Awaziem is not better than Iván Marcano ,pepe ,Filepe ,militao ,cancel Mbemba

These are players who played cb for Porto within the past 2 years awaziem have been moving on loan ,even 2 or 3 of them have even been sold ,I can’t remember all thou

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 1:51pm On Aug 29, 2020
andrewbaba44:

I don kuku talk my own but Dem no wan gree

I believe they know the truth on their mind
it's not even hard to see, why will the coaches decide not to play them? Nigeria dey owe Porto money? And Kome was correct, your performance in training will earn you game time no be if coach likes you or not

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 1:53pm On Aug 29, 2020
jihday:
it's not even hard to see, why will the coaches decide not to play them? Nigeria dey owe Porto money? And Kome was correct, your performance in training will earn you game time no be if coach likes you or not

Lol

I wonder o

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 1:57pm On Aug 29, 2020
mostob:
Middlesbrough wanted to buy omeruo but Chelsea didn't sell when they failed to meet their value, does it mean Chelsea tot he was good enough for them? You should understand football is business, Porto had their selling price it's either that or no business. I can also say that if Nantes think he was that good why didn't they go all out for him?

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 1:58pm On Aug 29, 2020
how well do you know the strength porto current team?
mostob:
we move....
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 1:59pm On Aug 29, 2020
jihday:

the bolded don finish me cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 2:01pm On Aug 29, 2020
if awaziem was as good as he is hyped here he won't lack suitors

also if he had a superb season in laliga i bet you that any of villarael,valencia,gatefe or even betis will snap him up atleast on loan for next season
jihday:
Middlesbrough wanted to buy omeruo but Chelsea didn't sell when they failed to meet their value, does it mean Chelsea tot he was good enough for them? You should understand football is business, Porto had their selling price it's either that or no business. I can also say that if Nantes think he was that good why didn't they go all out for him?

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 2:04pm On Aug 29, 2020
TheSuperNerd:

Please, let us remember not to hype this boy. You know, it is just a warmup game, preseason game against a fourth division side at that, and it does not reflect what will happen during the season.

I don't like it when people overhype Nigerian players that cannot even thrive in championship teams, just because of how much, that they bought him? chinkili money angry

Please, lezz be realistic on this thread, and not allow the emotive bias that this reporter clearly employed, in writing this article, to deceive us into thinking that Osimhen is on the same level as great English strikers like Dominic Solanke. For all we know, they must have even bribed him to hype Osimhen

SuperNerd please, find us more truthful articles, we all know Osimhen is not as good as this reporter claims.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 2:04pm On Aug 29, 2020
imagine saying ejaria is productive than wijnadum? sentiment no go kill us here cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
komekn:

Misinformation and disinformation.

You are making the simplistic to be unnecessary convoluted.

Very simple Oviemuno is not better than Wijnaldum and Brewster is not better than Firmino "no long ting".

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 2:05pm On Aug 29, 2020
militao is now with madrid
andrewbaba44:

You will say you don’t know the players than saying there are no better defenders there

Awaziem is not better than Iván Marcano ,pepe ,Filepe ,militao ,cancel Mbemba

These are players who played cb for Porto within the past 2 years awaziem have been moving on loan ,even 2 or 3 of them have even been sold ,I can’t remember all thou
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Olulong(m): 2:10pm On Aug 29, 2020
charlesemeka85:
if awaziem was as good as he is hyped here he won't lack suitors

also if he had a superb season in laliga i bet you that any of villarael,valencia,gatefe or even betis will snap him up atleast on loan for next season

Ejaria was outstanding in the championship last season, why was no Premier league club or even other Championship club bidding for him??
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 2:11pm On Aug 29, 2020
charlesemeka85:
militao is now with madrid

Yes that’s why I said 2 or 3 or them have been sold

These have been some of the defenders at Porto whole awaziem was going on loan at Rizespor and leganes
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Eizzy003(m): 2:11pm On Aug 29, 2020
Olawale: Hapoel Ra'anana sign Nigerian wonderkid from Tripple 44 Academy

Despite links with Borussia Dortmund and Lille, the 18-year-old striker has teamed up with the Israeli side
Hapoel Ra'anana have confirmed the signing of Nigerian teenager Peter Olawale from Tripple 44 Academy.

Following an impressive outing at the 2019 U17 Fifa World Cup staged in Brazil, where the Golden Eaglets crashed out in the Round of 16, the striker attracted interest from a host of European teams like Borussia Dortmund, Lille, Galatasaray and Anderlecht.

Nonetheless, he signed for the Israeli outfit for an undisclosed fee.
The Liga Leumit side confirmed the news via their official Twitter handle which read: “We are pleased to announce the signing of 18-year-old winger Peter Olawale.

“Olawale, a former player of the Nigerian U17 national team was wanted by renowned teams like Borussia Dortmund and Besiktas but finally chose to sign with Hapoel Raanana.”

Speaking about the move, the striker tweeted: “I’m proud to join Hapoel Raanana FC where I believe my talent will be fully groomed for a greater future. I promise to put in my very best to justify the club’s trust in my abilities. I’m happy to be in Israel.”

His manager and mentor, Samuel Olatunji-Okuku, added: “Olawale is a classy player who is blessed with enormous talent and can be used in various attacking positions by Ra’anana.

“He has been under my watch for over three years and I can beat my chest when it comes to his technical skills as well as good physical toughness.

“In Israel, he will gain valuable experience and hopefully in no time, he will be set for a move to any of Europe’s big teams.”

At the Karnei Oren Memorial Field, he is expected to develop his all-round game, while he will be relied upon for goals in the 2020-21 campaign – as the club chase a return to the Israeli top-flight following their demotion in the 2019-20 season.

Meanwhile, Olawale began training with Gal Cohen’s team where he scored four goals in a practice match.

He becomes the third African in the Hapoel Ra'anana after compatriot Bede Osuji and Gambian forward Ousman Marong.

They youngster will feature in his first competitive game when Beitar Tel Aviv Bat Yam welcome Hapoel Ra'anana to the Ness Ziona Stadium as the Israeli league commences on September 2.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 2:13pm On Aug 29, 2020
Olulong:

Ejaria was outstanding in the championship last season, why was no Premier league club or even other Championship club bidding for him??

Ejaria is not in anyway outstanding Abeg

Was he even Among the top 20 players in the championship?

It seems most of you don’t know the meaning of outstanding

Dem never buy benrama and co finish na ejaria dem wan buy

Ejaria didn’t even play half of what eze played yet he is outstanding according to some of you
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 2:16pm On Aug 29, 2020
safarigirl:

Please, let us remember not to hype this boy. You know, it is just a warmup game, preseason game against a fourth division side at that, and it does not reflect what will happen during the season.

I don't like it when people overhype Nigerian players that cannot even thrive in championship teams, just because of how much, that they bought him? chinkili money angry

Please, lezz be realistic on this thread, and not allow the emotive bias that this reporter clearly employed, in writing this article, to deceive us into thinking that Osimhen is on the same level as great English strikers like Dominic Solanke. For all we know, they must have even bribed him to hype Osimhen

SuperNerd please, find us more truthful articles, we all know Osimhen is not as good as this reporter claims.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 2:26pm On Aug 29, 2020
TheSuperNerd:

great tune up game. good goals to boost his confidence and help him settle in faster.

happy that he's already building a good camaderie with his team mates. from his team initiation to the way he celebrated with his colleagues when he scored its clear he's gradually getting the trust of his team mates and building understanding.

for someone who hasn't played football for months glad to see he didn't look off the pace in comparison to the other Napoli players. By the time pre-season is finished Victor should be fully Match fit.

Obviously you cannot read much into the match because of the nature of the opposition and friendly conditions but his movement and alertness in front of goal it's definitely encouraging
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 2:48pm On Aug 29, 2020
charlesemeka85:
my dear the noise tire me buh i no wan talk before i will be branded a hater cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
she was being sarcastic

8 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Olulong(m): 3:01pm On Aug 29, 2020
andrewbaba44:

Ejaria is not in anyway outstanding Abeg

Was he even Among the top 20 players in the championship?

It seems most of you don’t know the meaning of outstanding

Dem never buy benrama and co finish na ejaria dem wan buy

Ejaria didn’t even play half of what eze played yet he is outstanding according to some of you

yes he was among and he was the second best player in his club according to whoscored. And I was heading somewhere with the question. He kept on berating Awaziem so I was using his logic against one of his favorite players

(1) (2) (3) ... (9366) (9367) (9368) (9369) (9370) (9371) (9372) ... (16286) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: DrYa, Zellas, mrwilliams9, elyte89, Elohe001, Franktom247(m), Christinu2 and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.