Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,126 members, 7,829,012 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:31 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (9920) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11747563 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9917) (9918) (9919) (9920) (9921) (9922) (9923) ... (16180) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 9:28pm On Nov 02, 2020
Famocious:
A lovely well taken sublime strike from Samuu Chukwueze to give Villarreal a deserved lead against Valladolid

Wow Chuks scored ,nice one

I Dey go house to go watch am

Too bad I missed this

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Yachambliss(m): 9:28pm On Nov 02, 2020
Olulong:

Yh, impressed with his work rate and and the fact that he is getting into forward positions. He's even taking corners. I hope to see more of this from him this season

I can convincingly say he's been their best player so far
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 9:29pm On Nov 02, 2020
What is an Iroko without leaves in the midst of a forest?

JohnBullMySon:
him and osimhen might do the trick.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 9:32pm On Nov 02, 2020
And no permanet foe too

charlesemeka85:
cheesy
Naija fans no get permanent friend at all
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Clint02(m): 9:40pm On Nov 02, 2020
Like this now, na Ola Aina be the first super eagles player to score EPL goal this season.

8 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by seankafor(m): 9:44pm On Nov 02, 2020
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Yachambliss(m): 9:45pm On Nov 02, 2020
Caption this grin

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Melvinity: 9:51pm On Nov 02, 2020
Yachambliss:
Caption this grin
#nice one bro, u beat me to that... grin

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 10:36pm On Nov 02, 2020
Fulham goalscorer Ola Aina: "I'm happy to score my first Premier League goal. I'm happy I was able to help the team get a lead we could build on and secure for the rest of the game.

On scoring with his left foot: "It's my wrong foot but I'm very comfortable with it. I have been working on it so it becomes second nature to me.

On the three points: "It's very important for the lads and the club. It has been a difficult start for us. We needed this win to build momentum.

Take note of the bolded...

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 10:43pm On Nov 02, 2020
Danielnino00:
Fulham goalscorer Ola Aina: "I'm happy to score my first Premier League goal. I'm happy I was able to help the team get a lead we could build on and secure for the rest of the game.

On scoring with his left foot: "It's my wrong foot but I'm very comfortable with it. I have been working on it so it becomes second nature to me.

On the three points: "It's very important for the lads and the club. It has been a difficult start for us. We needed this win to build momentum.

Take note of the bolded...
Wow

Wrong foot and he is comfortable with it

Him try wella be that
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by timay(m): 10:51pm On Nov 02, 2020
andrewbaba44:

Wow

Wrong foot and he is comfortable with it

Him try wella be that
Una just dey notice?
Aina that plays crosses with his left foot comfortably when playing LB. And I've seen in play accurate long balls with his left before, so no Biggie

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 10:51pm On Nov 02, 2020
It’s time iheanacho leaves Leicester city

As this boy no Dey play e Dey pain me wella

This guy won’t lack offers from laliga bundesliga and seria A and even the epl

But I trust my guy not to leave so soon because of 70k weekly

Anyway no be me Dey feed him family

My piece of advice for just for footballing reason

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Karlovich: 11:01pm On Nov 02, 2020
andrewbaba44:

grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Curtisaxel7(m): 11:06pm On Nov 02, 2020
andrewbaba44:

Wetin your others players play for the last friendly ?

Na onauchu Matter you carry for head

Abi na onauchu make Moses Simon injure make Dem call am ?

You should channel this energy you are using for onauchu to others carpenters in the eagles also

Truth be told, the whole team was carpentrish, Rohr inclusive. But special mention must be made of Onuachu's furniture workmanship. Dude was just strolling around like a lost fellow....

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 11:15pm On Nov 02, 2020
Karlovich:
grin grin

Walai e de pain me

Dude is 24 and no more a young player
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 11:17pm On Nov 02, 2020
Curtisaxel7:

Truth be told, the whole team was carpentrish, Rohr inclusive. But special mention must be made of Onuachu's furniture workmanship. Dude was just strolling around like a lost fellow....

Lol
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Philosopher1979: 11:19pm On Nov 02, 2020
andrewbaba44:

African born people have a mentality of doing things for money and it limits them. Its a very poor mentality.
He comes from a country where success is measured by money and not achievement. African born players do not have career goals. A succesful lecturer is one that has hit the height of his profession but may not have much money.
Black people's definition of success is limited. That is why africans dont invent or discover things or set ground breaking records.
Africabs are not trying to make history. We go to school so as to get a job and not to use the knowledge to create value for society.
This kind of mentality will limit black people in all endeavors of life.
Iheanacho might think he is succesful and has arrived with his limited mentality.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JayromWrites: 11:23pm On Nov 02, 2020
andrewbaba44:

Make Dem stop call am for super eagles

it's annoying

it seem he is comfortable with the bench(don't know what's going on behind the scene though)

At least he should be making noise, he is still young

I hate to see him wasting
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 11:38pm On Nov 02, 2020

it's annoying

it seem he is comfortable with the bench(don't know what's going on behind the scene though)

I hate to see him wasting[/quote]

Y won't he be comfortable... 70k pounds per week na beans grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Omanambala(m): 11:43pm On Nov 02, 2020
Philosopher1979:

African born people have a mentality of doing things for money and it limits them. Its a very poor mentality.
He comes from a country where success is measured by money and not achievement. African born players do not have career goals. A succesful lecturer is one that has hit the height of his profession but may not have much money.
Black people's definition of success is limited. That is why africans dont invent or discover things or set ground breaking records.
Africabs are not trying to make history. We go to school so as to get a job and not to use the knowledge to create value for society.
This kind of mentality will limit black people in all endeavors of life.
Iheanacho might think he is succesful and has arrived with his limited mentality.

Success is measured by money in Nigeria because of abject poverty and neglect by the corrupt and heartless government. Its ridiculous to ask KC to forget money and chase fame.....please , I know some of you guys are from wealthy family and you never lacked in your life but to neglect others needs is inhuman. In Nigeria you will be sshit on if you are poor/broke, especially in Igbo land. Your whole village will treat you like an osu and take all your ancestral lands. This is a common place because of the wicked leaders that run government.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Omanambala(m): 11:49pm On Nov 02, 2020
elyte89:

it's annoying

I hate to see him wasting

Y won't he be comfortable... 70k pounds per week na beans grin grin grin

If I was on KC shoes I will pray that Leicester and Rogers forgets about me for another ten years. Abeg , Naija is a confirmed sshithole and I will not advice anybody to sacrifice their future for Nigeria. Recently , a common chief of staff to Obiano purchases a house that it worth well over a million dollar in Tennessee, USA. This is happening in a state where people are suffering and living like animals. These politicians have dehumanized Nigerians.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 3:35am On Nov 03, 2020
BascoVanVeli:

A touch that put the ball right in front of the net was a bad one? Now u are just being picky. The goalkeeper isn't god, he can also make mistakes but if u are telling me he was phenomenal yesterday I either don't think u watched the match or u are being dishonest.

I thought we would talk about his headed misses instead of this.

A touch that put the ball in front of the net and a touch that would resulted in a goal are two different scenarios, and now you're just being mischievous.... So i cannot talk about that particular miss but you want me to talk about his missed headers? who is picky now?

Nothing concern me with the goalkeeper, he was unfortunate to make that mistake and that is on his part and on Osimhens part he should have scored that clear cut chance on a normal day

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 3:47am On Nov 03, 2020
Mikel Obi Nominated For Stoke Player Of The Month

John Obi Mikel

Another member of the squad who played every minute throughout October, John Obi Mikel put in a number of impressive performances as the Potters recorded four wins from seven. The 33-year-old was a formidable presence in the heart of midfield and used his extensive experience to guide the team, particularly in clashes against Aston Villa and Barnsley. His standing in the squad also saw Michael O’Neill hand the former Nigeria international the captain’s armband for the final four matches of the month.

You can vote for him here:

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 4:29am On Nov 03, 2020
Awaziem was the captain as his team boavista beat benfica 3-0

16 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 4:41am On Nov 03, 2020
jihday:

This is huge. He captained his side to a convincing victory over a heavyweight and topped it off with a stellar performance. I hope Rohr is watching.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Karlovich: 6:34am On Nov 03, 2020
andrewbaba44:

Walai e de pain me

Dude is 24 and no more a young player
Well, its Rohr that is still inviting him to the national team that I blame.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 6:46am On Nov 03, 2020
Famocious:
A lovely well taken sublime strike from Samuu Chukwueze to give Villarreal a deserved lead against Valladolid

I love how you described that goal grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by joxxy01(m): 8:50am On Nov 03, 2020
jihday:
I just love awaziem calmness and confidence on the ball..

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 8:56am On Nov 03, 2020
Omanambala:

If I was on KC shoes I will pray that Leicester and Rogers forgets about me for another ten years. Abeg , Naija is a confirmed sshithole and I will not advice anybody to sacrifice their future for Nigeria. Recently , a common chief of staff to Obiano purchases a house that it worth well over a million dollar in Tennessee, USA. This is happening in a state where people are suffering and living like animals. These politicians have dehumanized Nigerians.

The bolded is wrong in every way.. You aren't looking at it objectively..
Iheanacho may be comfortable earning 70k a week at Leicester without playing much.. But what happens when his contract run our or Leicester decide to ship him out? How many clubs will be willing to pay him another 70k?
A players value is measured by how much game he plays and how well he performs.. As it stands, Iheanacho value is reducing..
If he decides to leave Leicester today,he could get a decent club but very few will be willing to pay him what he currently earns at Leicester..
So it is better he leaves now while he is still hot..
A lot of footballers have taken that step before... From big clubs where they aren't valued to smaller clubs and back to big clubs.. Osimhen is an example of that..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 9:06am On Nov 03, 2020
Bolowolowo:

This is huge. He captained his side to a convincing victory over a heavyweight and topped it off with a stellar performance. I hope Rohr is watching.

Even more impressive is the fact that it was Boavista first win of the season...and Benfica had a 100% record before the game..

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:17am On Nov 03, 2020
Edopesin:

A touch that put the ball in front of the net and a touch that would resulted in a goal are two different scenarios, and now you're just being mischievous.... So i cannot talk about that particular miss but you want me to talk about his missed headers? who is picky now?

Nothing concern me with the goalkeeper, he was unfortunate to make that mistake and that is on his part and on Osimhens part he should have scored that clear cut chance on a normal day

U didn't watch the match. U watched highlights so there is no need talking to you

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by DY1280DY: 9:56am On Nov 03, 2020
expect

(1) (2) (3) ... (9917) (9918) (9919) (9920) (9921) (9922) (9923) ... (16180) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: elyte89, chrisooblog, Oasis007(m), abbey086(m) and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.