Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,810,001 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:34 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (6301) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11592374 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6298) (6299) (6300) (6301) (6302) (6303) (6304) ... (16121) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 10:19am On Jun 24, 2019
zuchyblink:
Who will be our next RB? AwAziem, Omeruo, Balogun or aina?

Aina.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:23am On Jun 24, 2019
komekn:

NO THEY DO NOT.

Again talkin from first hand experience.

They create the delusion of Opportunity but there is none. They put you in a unrealistic comfort zone, you will be paid very well to stay in the illusion of opportunity. Sometimes £15-25k a week it's a very nice and comfortable Illusion that keeps you deluded.

Once you hit 16/17 you need to.be playing first team football irrespective of the level. That will propel your development. Playing youth football will stunt your growth, development and progress.

In addition another problem is that at the top clubs youth academies you are playing " pretty football " technical and nice with fantastic pitches and good referee's. You go on European tours to the creme de La creme of Europe's elite clubs. It's very nice.

However, you are not prepared for the, Nitty Gritty Hard Knocks, Fight and die football outside of the EPL.

Outside of the EPL you will essentially fight for the ball you will not get diagonal through balls that split defences. It's now police game. It's kick and rush it's very ugly. These academy boys are not prepared for that.

These top EPL clubs are only looking at 3/4 players in each year from age 9/10 to U23 that's barely 15%, as potential first team players. The rest 35% are business transactions to be sold to other clubs if possible and the bottom 50% segment are there to make up the numbers to be released for nothing when they are no longer useful. HARSH REALITY.

In a smaller club they simply don't have the money to keep players on and in comfort. They academy intrinsic to thier survival and part of the club's business plan modek for viability. There is little room for passengers.

Once you hit 16/17 and if any good you are in the first team. Then if you have a good season you are kept on as a huge asset to be sold for big money at the right time. Example at Fulham are Dembele, Ryan Ssegnon, or at Charlton Ademola, Gomez, etc.

Sometimes the players are hyped ( marketing) to generate interest from the big clubs and we quickly sold before they find out they are not that good.

So if l was advising a young player, depending on his position and unique skill set. I would be choosing a smaller club with REAL OPPORTUNITY not the ILLUSION of opportunity.

When you get your REAL OPPORTUNITY if you can play good quality technical football in that agricultural kick and rush league. You are getting the best training available. It's very hard to be playing technical football when you are Surrounded by hatchet men and carpenterd. But if you can. Well when you get to the EPL you will find it much easier and will excel.

Current examples are Leicester city midfielder Maddison now killing it in the EPL.

Speculative examples are Luton Town 21 years old James Justin LB wanted by many in the EPL. Price seems to be in excess of £12 million a player who played league one.

For a Maddison and Justin, City can talk Of Angelino, Denayer, Maffeo, Karim Rekik, Boyata, Guidetti, Marcos Lopes, Brahim Diaz, Jadon Sancho and a host of others who gained good education and are in better spotlights than those players in the kick and rush league.

Even the smaller clubs discard players and the rate of quality talents churned out can not be compared to the top clubs.

Look at Chelsea with Solanke, Musonda, Tammy Abraham, Ampadu, Chalobah, Jeremy Boga and a host of others. You can not say the smaller clubs gave their players better opportunities.

Players stand better chances if they have quality in bigger clubs than the small clubs. By far.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:25am On Jun 24, 2019
forgiveness:

If UEFA coefficient is babash, what do we call your opinion? Gurumaraji!? Bhuhahahaha!

As at the time Celestine Babayaro played in the EPL it was a Mickey mouse league because it was outside the top 5 leagues in the world.

As at the time, Taye Taiwo played in the Ligue 1, it was the 4th best league in the world and Marseille was UEFA cup finalists.

As I said, it is only googling and arguing. If you followed football in any way, you will not say this in public. Which French club had the kind of clout to sign players like the EPL.

You are just running keys.

Type the top five players in the French league at that period and let me type those of the EPL.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:29am On Jun 24, 2019
komekn:

Ravel l know well his problem was simply INDISCIPLINE.

Player was of Ghanaian origin if I'm right, just checked now. John Cofie now 26+, he played with Pogba and like l said, Man U paid £1 million pounds for him then, he was actually only 14.

Did not hear of him. Interesting to know.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 10:30am On Jun 24, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

It was a 1996 rating and by then, France had top quality players. They featured well in Euro 1996, in their pool, they had the likes of Karembu, Ibrahim Ba, Eric Cantona, David Ginola, Cristoph Dugarry, Didier Dechamps, Lama, Barthez and a host of super stars.

Do not mind forgiveness, he knows Chelsea was not mediocre in any way under Babayaro. He is just trying hard to deceive himself that Taiwo was King, when he was in a mickey mouse league compared to Babayaro who was dining with the Kings.

The 1996 ranking had nothing to do with the French national team. Gbam.

Taiwo played in the fourth best league in the world and for the UEFA cup finalist team. But Celestine Babayaro played in the 7th best league in the world as at the time he joined. Finito

Keep fooling yourself. Facts don't lie. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:38am On Jun 24, 2019
forgiveness:

Taiwo played in the fourth best league in the world and for the UEFA cup finalist team. But Celestine Babayaro played in the 7th best league in the world as at the time he joined. Finito

Look at the money league clubs of 1997/1998. No French club entered when we are talking of big teams. Chelsea was there. Four English teams. There is no trick you can play. The gulf in class between the EPL and Ligue 1 did not start today. Babayaro was with the Big boys.

Not even one French team.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deloitte_Football_Money_League

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:40am On Jun 24, 2019
forgiveness:

These were the clubs you will find the stars and top players in the whole of Europe and you want people to believe Babayaro played in an average team.

It is not people like me who followed football well at that time you can deceive. Taiwo was in a mickey mouse league and never robbed shoulders with the big boys.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:40am On Jun 24, 2019
Mickael2:

So you want him to pick Omeruo ahead of Koulibaly? Abi Chukwueze ahead of Keita Balde? grin grin grin grin

I would like to presume that the so many informative, substantive, thought provoking contributions that so many have made here. Will educate and even reorientate many to become appreciatively enlightened.

But I seem to be overly optimistic and many still remain quite happily in blissful ignorance with pride.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:41am On Jun 24, 2019
Talking Ligue 1. What a joke.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 10:41am On Jun 24, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

As I said, it is only googling and arguing. If you followed football in any way, you will not say this in public. Which French club had the kind of clout to sign players like the EPL.

You are just running keys.

Type the top five players in the French league at that period and let me type those of the EPL.

Stats don't lie but you lied. grin

According to 1996 UEFA ranking, EPL was ranked 7th while Ligue 1 was ranked 2nd best league in the world. EPL was a Mickey mouse league as at the time Celestine Babayaro joined. That's the undiluted facts you can never change. Sorry. grin

For your information, UEFA league ranking is not by caliber of players or money but by the performance of each leagues representatives in UEFA competitions over 5 years. grin

The 1996 UEFA ranking poved that Ligue 1 teams performed better than EPL teams in the UEFA competitions in the last previous 5 seasons EOD
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 10:50am On Jun 24, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

These were the clubs you will find the stars and top players in the whole of Europe and you want people to believe Babayaro played in an average team.

It is not people like me who followed football well at that time you can deceive. Taiwo was in a mickey mouse league and never robbed shoulders with the big boys.

You sabi pass UEFA? Or you know football pass UEFA? Before dem born you, UEFA don dey run ranking tey tey but you dey here dey claim I sabi pass UEFA. grin

Big boys wey no fit make EPL ranking reach top 5 as at 1996. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 10:54am On Jun 24, 2019
TheGoodJoe:
Talking Ligue 1. What a joke.

As at the time Celestine Babayaro joined EPL in 1996/1997, EPL was a joke. It was the 7th league in the world while Ligue 1 was the 2nd best league in the world according to UEFA ranking. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 10:59am On Jun 24, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

Look at the money league clubs of 1997/1998. No French club entered when we are talking of big teams. Chelsea was there. Four English teams. There is no trick you can play. The gulf in class between the EPL and Ligue 1 did not start today. Babayaro was with the Big boys.

Not even one French team.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deloitte_Football_Money_League

If there was gulf in class it should have reflected on the UEFA ranking but sorry, EPL was not among the top 3 best leagues in the world as at 1996, not to talk of top 5 best leagues in the world. EPL was down the pecking order.

Unlike Ligue 1 that was the second best league in the world. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Koboko99(m): 11:02am On Jun 24, 2019
forgiveness:

As at the time Celestine Babayaro joined EPL in 1996/1997, EPL was a joke. It was the 7th league in the world while Ligue 1 was the 2nd best league in the world according to UEFA ranking. grin

Can you guys jus create your own thread about Babayaro and Taye Taiwo, argue there and come back here when you are done.
Arguing as if either of these left backs will be drafted into the team for the next match.
For me I'll prefer Lord Rohr moves Aina back to the right while Collins should start on the left although Aina perfoms better when he's on the left.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:11am On Jun 24, 2019
Koboko99:

Can you guys jus create your own thread about Babayaro and Taye Taiwo, argue there and come back here when you are done.
Arguing as if either of these left backs will be drafted into the team for the next match.
For me I'll prefer Lord Rohr moves Aina back to the right while Collins should start on the left although Aina perfoms better when he's on the left.

Okay na. grin

If Collins is fit, he should be drafted back into the team.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chukwumexes: 11:13am On Jun 24, 2019
Please who knows whether Kwese is showing the AFCON
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by minfelix(m): 11:22am On Jun 24, 2019
Al those guys that use to scream "aveeeerrrraaaage" and Lamentations bla bla.. wit big letter L... Wer are they sef... I think 1 of them is from animal kingdom i cant remember d name.. something something "bear" cnt remember

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:23am On Jun 24, 2019
forgiveness:

According to 1996 UEFA ranking, EPL was ranked 7th while Ligue 1 was ranked 2nd best league in the world. EPL was a Mickey mouse league as at the time Celestine Babayaro joined. That's the undiluted facts you can never change. Sorry. grin

For your information, UEFA league ranking is not by caliber of players or money but by the performance of each leagues representatives in UEFA competitions over 5 years. grin

The 1996 UEFA ranking poved that Ligue 1 teams performed better than EPL teams in the UEFA competitions in the last previous 5 seasons EOD

You have seen with your eyes. Finito. French Ligue 1. What a joke.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:27am On Jun 24, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

You have seen with your eyes. Finito. French Ligue 1. What a joke.

This is what I saw with my eyes and it is genuine. grin

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake3: 12:16pm On Jun 24, 2019
Let's take a moment to acknowledge the birthday of the best

The G.O.A.T

Lionel Messi

7 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jieta: 12:34pm On Jun 24, 2019
minfelix:
Al those guys that use to scream "aveeeerrrraaaage" and Lamentations bla bla.. wit big letter L... Wer are they sef... I think 1 of them is from animal kingdom i cant remember d name.. something something "bear" cnt remember
Is like you are afraid of mentioning his moniker, his name is Afobear. He only show up when we lose
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by minfelix(m): 1:23pm On Jun 24, 2019
Eheen afobear

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Prectega(m): 1:41pm On Jun 24, 2019
Which kind yeye argument b all this 1

Those of u claiming senegal is fast ... Should also remember that tanzania was completely poo yesterday

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 1:42pm On Jun 24, 2019
forgiveness:

Stats sometimes lie.

If you use stats alone, you would conclude Aiyegbeni was better than Kanu.

Yet, Kanu was rated one of Africa's Top 10 players ever.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 1:45pm On Jun 24, 2019
Jarus:

Stats sometimes lie.

If you use stats alone, you would conclude Aiyegbeni was better than Kanu.

Yet, Kanu was rated one of Africa's Top 10 players ever.

Did Aiyegbeni win Africa footballer of the year twice?

Stats don't lie.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 1:46pm On Jun 24, 2019
Was nairaland down??
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by barackodam: 1:48pm On Jun 24, 2019
terzurum5:

To be candid, the move that resulted to that corner kick was a clear offside but the refs and VAR allowed it to go unpunished.

This, I can't argue. I heard people scream offside before the corner. But replay was never shown, so I don't know
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Doughboysss: 1:49pm On Jun 24, 2019
Bolowolowo:
Was nairaland down??
yes it was.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 2:08pm On Jun 24, 2019
should Aina in LB or go back to RB once collins is fit questions questions. i think balogun should come into the starting line up if he's fit. he brings more calmness and decisiveness when he's in defence. from what i saw of the guineans they are very pacy, they like to play a high line which might change because of us. defence looks porous seem susceptible also to pace and wing play. rohr will have to do better tactics wise cos the guineans will sure not be scared of us. H2H it seems favours them however we have the tools to be them hands down
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 2:33pm On Jun 24, 2019
barackodam:

This, I can't argue. I heard people scream offside before the corner. But replay was never shown, so I don't know

Go back and watch the match please
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:35pm On Jun 24, 2019
forgiveness:

This is what I saw with my eyes and it is genuine. grin

List the star players now?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:40pm On Jun 24, 2019
forgiveness:

You did not watch or know EPL 1996/97. The point you made was that Chelsea was an average side. Explain how an Average side won the FA Cup and League Cup. Explain how top stars were in the league when Babayaro was in the league. I winder why you want to kill yourself with Coefficient.

Tell me the team in France during Babayaro's time that was bigger than Chelsea. Tell me the bigger players in France than that of the Premier League.

No France team even had money to compete in market for players. Till today, it is a Mickey mouse league.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6298) (6299) (6300) (6301) (6302) (6303) (6304) ... (16121) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: DrYa, Hanibal(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.