Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,151 members, 7,953,579 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 07:37 PM

Will World Be A Better Place Without Jehovah Witnesses - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Will World Be A Better Place Without Jehovah Witnesses (11640 Views)

Ghanaian Man Chases Jehovah's Witnesses Out Of His House By Stripping Unclad / What Will The Faith Of This World Be Without Atheists / What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will World Be A Better Place Without Jehovah Witnesses by dolphinheart(m): 12:55pm On Apr 06, 2016
paulGrundy:

Am glad you believe the bolded, but am not clear you know that your organization teaches the contrary of the bolded or you may just be telling lies to save face.

"Is it presumptuous of Jehovah's Witnesses to point out that they alone have God's backing? Actually, no more so than when the Israelites in Egypt claimed to have God's backing in spite of the Egyptians' belief, or when the first-century Christians claimed to have God's backing to the exclusion of Jewish religionists." Watchtower 2001 Jun 1 p.16

"During the final period of the ancient world that perished in the Flood, Noah was a faithful preacher of righteousness. (2 Peter 2:5) In these last days of the present system of things, Jehovah's people are making known Gods righteous standards and are declaring good news about the possibility of surviving into the new world. (2 Peter 3:9-13) Just as Noah and his God-fearing family were preserved in the ark, survival of individuals today depends on their faith and their loyal association with the earthly part of Jehovah's universal organization." Watchtower 2006 May 15 p.22 "Are You Prepared for Survival?"

"In effect, Jesus also conveys Jehovah’s voice to us as he directs the congregation through “the faithful and discreet slave.” (Matt. 24:45) We need to take this guidance and direction seriously, for our everlasting life depends on our obedience." Watchtower 2014 Aug 15 p.21

^^ those are your present beliefs teaching that salvation is dependent on your loyalty to the society, jesus was not even mentioned.

pls dnt cut part of my post off, if you want to respond, respond to the whole post.
when ones wish is to find something negative in a statement, he or she will definitely find it.
When you respond to the post in full, then I'll reply on what you posted.
note: all you posted still follows the format" the head of man is Christ, the head of christ is God!"

modified: and you have to offer an explanation on matt 24:45 if you feel the organization is wrong

1 Like

Re: Will World Be A Better Place Without Jehovah Witnesses by CAPTIVATOR: 1:33pm On Apr 06, 2016
Emusan:

Olodo...you crawled out of somewhere and jump into what doesn't concern you.

Russell and Rutherford worshipped Jesus till they died, did any JW do that today? NO!

Most teachings of Russell and Rutherford are considered WRONG by today's JW, true or false? TRUE!

So, who is spewing nonsense here? CAPITAL YOU!

its interesting that your frustration above proves Jehovahs witnesses are not following or idolizing any man .

we rather "examine the Scriptures DAILY " { Act 17:11} to discern true teachings from wrong teachings.

1 Like

Re: Will World Be A Better Place Without Jehovah Witnesses by Emusan(m): 3:09pm On Apr 06, 2016
CAPTIVATOR:

its interesting that your frustration above proves Jehovahs witnesses are [size=14pt]not following[/size] or idolizing any man .

we rather "examine the Scriptures DAILY " { Act 17:11} to discern true teachings from wrong teachings.

@bold-At least a robot still has default reset but this your own get as in be.

Paul himself said we (believers) should FOLLOW his example and do other disciples but you JW said you don't follow them simply because you don't want to rope your idolatry founder in.

Did you idolize people like Paul, Peter, John e.t.c by following their teaching? If your founder had truly called by God I know you won't hesitate in using him as an example. In fact your organization has wrongly place him in the category of the disciples who will rule with Jesus in heaven.

like I said, had it been the Apostles behaved the way Russell & Rutherford behaved. Which scriptures you and your organization would've been examine DAILY?

1 Like

Re: Will World Be A Better Place Without Jehovah Witnesses by Emusan(m): 3:47pm On Apr 06, 2016
dolphinheart:
So you dnt know my present beliefs, yet you say I follow the beliefs of an organization.

What's your problem man? Are you not a JW? Are you not hold on to their teachings? Are you not using their Bible version? What is therw trying to separate yourself from this reality?

Please, get life!

If you have issues with an organization, bet you can get in touch with them and clear it out, dnt join my beliefs with such issues.

You are their member that's why I'm sending you to them. Besides, who set the template of your belief, if not Watchtower society?

Russell is dead and buried long time ago, I do not know him. There are things written about him, but the truth or falsehood or such written things are determined by the writers intentions.
There are things written about Jesus too, but the truth or falsehood of such written things
are determined by the writers intentions.

Will you shut up your hypocrisy mouth?
I told you RUSSELL himself wrote many books this is not about people writing lies against him or not.

I believe all things written in the scriptures about Jesus cus they are accurate, do not contradict each other and are inspired. but I do not believe all stories written about Jesus, same with Russell.

Laughing at the underlined, after you emphasized above that you don't know the writer's intention now you believed everything in the scriptures.

Of course they didn't contradict themselves because they were truly inspired by God unlike your founder who claimed he was inspired & set the template of your belief including watchtower publication but your teaching today contradicted his own teachings.

bring him down whichever way you can, he cannot respond , he is dead!. his beliefs till he died does not determine mine!

But you believed that you and the Apostles have the same believe and their beliefs set the precedent for your own. I wonder why you don't want to associate your belief with Russell belief but claiming the same belief with The Apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ. If not because you know the truth but decided to live in lie.

attacking an organizations past beliefs does not mean their present beliefs are wrong, and above all , you offer no alternatives

Of course if the Apostles got it wrong from onset of their ministries, who will take them serious OR will you as a person examine their written daily?

My point so far is this, since Russell got it wrong and died in a belief that contrary to God's standard (according to JW). It means it was not the true God who inspired him to set up any ministry nor God send him to deliver His mind.

The question we can ask ourselves now is, since God didn't call him who is behind Russell's calling?
Re: Will World Be A Better Place Without Jehovah Witnesses by joyandfaith: 4:33pm On Apr 06, 2016
Emusan:

What's your problem man? Are you not a JW? Are you not hold on to their teachings? Are you not using their Bible version? What is therw trying to separate yourself from this reality?

Please, get life!

You are their member that's why I'm sending you to them. Besides, who set the template of your belief, if not Watchtower society?

I told you RUSSELL himself wrote many books this is not about people writing lies against him or not.

Laughing at the underlined, after you emphasized above that you don't know the writer's intention now you believed everything in the scriptures.

Of course they didn't contradict themselves because they were truly inspired by God unlike your founder who claimed he was inspired & set the template of your belief including watchtower publication but your teaching today contradicted his own teachings.

But you believed that you and the Apostles have the same believe and their beliefs set the precedent for your own. I wonder why you don't want to associate your belief with Russell belief but claiming the same belief with The Apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ. If not because you know the truth but decided to live in lie.

Of course if the Apostles got it wrong from onset of their ministries, who will take them serious OR will you as a person examine their written daily?

My point so far is this, since Russell got it wrong and died in a belief that contrary to God's standard (according to JW). It means it was not the true God who inspired him to set up any ministry nor God send him to deliver His mind.

The question we can ask ourselves now is, since God didn't call him who is behind Russell's calling?

moses, David, Hezekiah and few others were anointed/appointed by God but still made mistakes. did that mean they were not called by God. but their attitudes toward mistakes made God their them faithful. they were not dogmatic about their mistakes. what God wants is our attitude toward his purpose. God is not expecting to do things without mistakes. humans are imperfect.

1 Like

Re: Will World Be A Better Place Without Jehovah Witnesses by Emusan(m): 5:52pm On Apr 06, 2016
joyandfaith:

moses, David, Hezekiah and few others were anointed/appointed by God but still made mistakes. did that mean they were not called by God. but their attitudes toward mistakes made God their them faithful. they were not dogmatic about their mistakes. what God wants is our attitude toward his purpose. God is not expecting to do things without mistakes. humans are imperfect.

But you can follow the teaching of people like Moses, David and Hezekiah despite their mistake, why can't you do so in case of your founder Russell?

You people know the truth but decided to put it away.

Why would Jehovah allow His mouthpiece to die idolater if Russell's ministry was truly established by Him?

The fact remains that for Russell to start a ministry and died in what he believed God wants him to teach, it's either he was right and today JW are wrong or Russell's ministry was not from God which automatically means JW is from the devil.
Re: Will World Be A Better Place Without Jehovah Witnesses by dolphinheart(m): 6:34pm On Apr 06, 2016
Emusan:

Please, get life!
all this ,and yet you dnt know my beliefs.

I refuse to be your messenger , if you really like to get in touch with them, you know how to do it.

Laughing at the underlined, after you emphasized above that you don't know the writer's intention now you believed everything in the scriptures.[/qoute]
bet you can see how I seperated the scriptures from all other writings about Jesus, there are other books about Jesus apart from the scriptures. I believe all that is written about Jesus in the scriptures, but I dnt believe all things written about Jesus.

[quote]Of course they didn't contradict themselves because they were truly inspired by God unlike your founder who claimed he was inspired & set the template of your belief including watchtower publication but your teaching today contradicted his own teachings.
since you now believe the scriptures and it's writing about Jesus, can we now use it to examine our beliefs, I think that's more beneficial.

you have not mentioned any of my beliefs to be a lie, yet you claim I live a lie. I dnt associate my beliefs with Russell cus he is not the one that determines it, the scriptures does. If you want to discuss my beliefs, no problem, but let us use the scripture as guide.

you are still talking about a dead man's belief that I have littLe info on. I'm encouraging you to discuss about my beliefs and also your beliefs, cus such discussions can help us in our search for evalasting life.
Re: Will World Be A Better Place Without Jehovah Witnesses by Emusan(m): 6:49pm On Apr 06, 2016
dolphinheart:
since you now believe the scriptures and it's writing about Jesus, can we now use it to examine our beliefs, I think that's more beneficial.

Keep running from my post I know when you don't have something meaningful to say that's how you will be perambulating like C. Ronaldo.

Was there anytime I didn't believe in the scripture?

Which scripture version are you going to use in examine your belief other than NWT? The version of your organization you've been disassociating yourself from.

You can only fool your people not me.
Re: Will World Be A Better Place Without Jehovah Witnesses by CAPTIVATOR: 8:13pm On Apr 06, 2016
Emusan:

@bold-At least a robot still has default reset but this your own get as in be.

Paul himself said we (believers) should FOLLOW his example and do other disciples but you JW said you don't follow them simply because you don't want to rope your idolatry founder in.

its clear you have comprehension issues , here is my statement

" Jehovah's witnesses are not following or idolizing any man "

but anger clearly takes away a man's thinking cap , is Following a persons example which you wrote above the same thing with following/idolizing a man ?

Apostle Paul urged Christians to follow his example but with a limit " As I am of the Christ " 1 Corinthians 11:1 ! which means if Brother Paul exhibit a Behaviour not in line with Christ , that's imperfection in action thus such example should not be followed . THATS DIFFERENT FROM FOLLOWING/IDOLIZING A MAN . which will be explained below .

Did you idolize people like Paul, Peter, John e.t.c by following their teaching?
If your founder had truly called by God I know you won't hesitate in using him as an example.

@ italics ... called by God , what do you mean ? hope u dont mean the callings of the local pastor grin . God appeared to them in visions or in dreams .

While Russell took the lead in the Bible education work at that time and was the first editor of The Watchtower , he was not the founder of a new religion. [b] The goal of Russell and the other Bible Students, as the group was then known, was to promote the teachings of Jesus Christ and to follow the practices of the first-century Christian congregation. Since Jesus is the Founder of Christianity, we view him as the founder of our organization.—Colossians 1:18-20 . NOR claim any special vision or dreams

@bold , i don't cos my leader is one, the Christ . but is it possible to idolize people like Paul, Peter , John e.t.c by following their teaching ? YES

"
When one of you says, [b] “I am a follower of Paul,”
and another says, “I follow Apollos,” aren’t you acting just like people of the world?
After all, who is Apollos? Who is Paul? We are only God’s servants through whom you believed the Good News. Each of us did the work the Lord gave us. I planted the seed in your hearts, and Apollos watered it, but it was God who made it grow.

It’s not important who does the planting, or who does the watering. What’s important is that God makes the seed grow.
The one who plants and the one who waters work together with the same purpose. And both will be rewarded for their own hard work. For we are both God’s workers. And you are God’s field. You are God’s building.
Because of God’s grace to me, I have laid the foundation like an expert builder. Now others are building on it. But whoever is building on this foundation must be very careful. For no one can lay any foundation other than the one we already have—Jesus Christ. " 1 Corinthians 3: 4-11

can you now see the difference between following/idolizing a man and following a mans example/character ? this form of following exhibited in corinth and CONDEMNED BY paul is what I had in mind in my post which you couldn't comprehend until u shift it to example .

In fact your organization has wrongly place him in the category of the disciples who will rule with Jesus in heaven.

How should a person be viewed who has determined in his heart that he is now anointed and begins to partake of the emblems at the Memorial? He should not be judged. The matter is between him and Jehovah. (Romans 14:12 ) However, genuine anointed Christians do not demand special attention. They do not believe that their being of the anointed gives them special “insights,” beyond what even some experienced members of the great crowd may have. They do not believe that they necessarily have more holy spirit than their companions of the other sheep have; nor do they expect special treatment or claim that their partaking of the emblems places them above the appointed elders in the congregation. They humbly remember that some anointed men in the first century did not qualify to serve as elders or ministerial servants. (
1 Timothy 3:1-10, 12, 13; Titus 1: 5-9, James 3:1) Some anointed Christians were even spiritually weak. ( 1 Thessalonians 5:14) And sisters, although anointed, did not teach in the congregation.

1 Timothy 2: 11,12.

like I said, had it been the Apostles behaved the way Russell & Rutherford behaved. Which scriptures you and your organization would've been examine DAILY?

and you forget that the apostles also have their own weaknesses , when it comes to scripture . its INSPIRED BY GOD , they wrote not their thought but Gods . at least we have a letter of the apostle Paul that's not part of the bible . its not inspired !!!

3 Likes

Re: Will World Be A Better Place Without Jehovah Witnesses by dolphinheart(m): 9:56pm On Apr 06, 2016
Emusan:

Keep running from my post I know when you don't have something meaningful to say that's how you will be perambulating like C. Ronaldo.

Which scripture version are you going to use in examine your belief other than NWT? The version of your organization you've been disassociating yourself from.

you can use any version you like, when a verse is quoted and their are issues with it, we will put our view and prove forward.
Re: Will World Be A Better Place Without Jehovah Witnesses by joyandfaith: 10:03pm On Apr 06, 2016
Emusan:

But you can follow the teaching of people like Moses, David and Hezekiah despite their mistake, why can't you do so in case of your founder Russell?

You people know the truth but decided to put it away.

Why would Jehovah allow His mouthpiece to die idolater if Russell's ministry was truly established by Him?

The fact remains that for Russell to start a ministry and died in what he believed God wants him to teach, it's either he was right and today JW are wrong or Russell's ministry was not from God which automatically means JW is from the devil.

jws are not following men. their leader is Jesus. check www.jw.org . why? humans can make mistakes. many of the truth Russell found in the bible are still held by jw today. to know more about history of jw check the book GOD KINGDOM RULES in www.jw.org

Re: Will World Be A Better Place Without Jehovah Witnesses by joyandfaith: 10:09pm On Apr 06, 2016
Emusan:

are u sure you have not been fooled to lie about jw? that is how u quoted wrongly from jw publication in one of it thread. you are free to use any bible translation.
Re: Will World Be A Better Place Without Jehovah Witnesses by paulGrundy(m): 10:48pm On Apr 06, 2016
joyandfaith:

jws are not following men. their leader is Jesus. check www.jw.org . why? humans can make mistakes. many of the truth teachings of Russell found in the bible are still held by jw today. to know more about history of jw check the book GOD KINGDOM RULES in www.jw.org

The bolded is a lie, if you got that from jw.org, then I can boldly tell you that it is a bald faced lie!

Very few of russells teachings are still held by JW's today:

E.g non-trinity, mortality of the soul, non-existence of hell and 1914 that's all.
Re: Will World Be A Better Place Without Jehovah Witnesses by paulGrundy(m): 10:51pm On Apr 06, 2016
joyandfaith:

are u sure you have not been fooled to lie about jw? that is how u quoted wrongly from jw publication in one of it thread. you are free to use any bible translation.

Which version of the bible is most often quoted on watchtower publications?
PaulGrundy translation of the holy scriptures? PGT grin grin
Re: Will World Be A Better Place Without Jehovah Witnesses by joyandfaith: 5:55am On Apr 07, 2016
paulGrundy:

The bolded is a lie, if you got that from jw.org, then I can boldly tell you that it is a bald faced lie!

Very few of russells teachings are still held by JW's today:

E.g non-trinity, mortality of the soul, non-existence of hell and 1914 that's all.

are u a jw? have u read their book 'God kingdom rule'. the book is about how how jw refines their beliefs for the past 100 yrs.you are wrong. you cannot know their beliefs more than them because you are comfortable looking for info about them from some liars and their websites. if you want to real info or clatification you either write them, ta
k to one of them or visit www.jw.org. must info u are passing across are half-truth.
Re: Will World Be A Better Place Without Jehovah Witnesses by joyandfaith: 6:01am On Apr 07, 2016
paulGrundy:

Which version of the bible is most often quoted on watchtower publications?
PaulGrundy translation of the holy scriptures? PGT grin grin

which translation often use by Catholics. apart from Jehovah that appears often , NWT is consistent with many translations. and in jw app and jw.org, bible is available for download in five translations king James and American standard version inclusive. I can only fault bible quotation in their publication if it is different from other translations. have u ever scrutinize NWT yourself? if not, you are a lazy critics who will not go far.
Re: Will World Be A Better Place Without Jehovah Witnesses by paulGrundy(m): 7:15am On Apr 07, 2016
joyandfaith:

which translation often use by Catholics. apart from Jehovah that appears often , NWT is consistent with many translations. and in jw app and jw.org, bible is available for download in five translations king James and American standard version inclusive. I can only fault bible quotation in their publication if it is different from other translations. have u ever scrutinize NWT yourself? if not, you are a lazy critics who will not go far.

I don't need to even scruntinize it, a translation in which its translators do not have respect for the bible and go as far is adding to it, clearly ignoring Jesus' warning against adding to the bible is not worthy of respect.
Re: Will World Be A Better Place Without Jehovah Witnesses by paulGrundy(m): 7:17am On Apr 07, 2016
joyandfaith:

are u a jw? have u read their book 'God kingdom rule'. the book is about how how jw refines their beliefs for the past 100 yrs.you are wrong. you cannot know their beliefs more than them because you are comfortable looking for info about them from some liars and their websites. if you want to real info or clatification you either write them, ta
k to one of them or visit www.jw.org. must info u are passing across are half-truth.

I refuted your claim about WT abiding by many of Russells teachings, you are posting a link to me about how JW's “refine“ their teachings, am not sure u understand me.
Re: Will World Be A Better Place Without Jehovah Witnesses by joyandfaith: 7:31am On Apr 07, 2016
paulGrundy:

I refuted your claim about WT abiding by many of Russells teachings, you are posting a link to me about how JW's “refine“ their teachings, am not sure u understand me.

until you read the book 'God kingdom rules', you cannot refute my claim.
Re: Will World Be A Better Place Without Jehovah Witnesses by joyandfaith: 8:01am On Apr 07, 2016
Do Jehovah’s Witnesses depend on the New World Translation to support their beliefs?
No, for we continue to use many translations of the Bible in our witnessing work. In fact, while we provide a copy of the New World Translation at no charge as part of our free Bible study program, we are also happy to study with those who prefer to use other translations.
Have Jehovah’s Witnesses Changed the Bible to Fit Their Beliefs?
No, we haven’t. On the contrary, when we have discovered that our beliefs were not completely in line with the Bible, we have changed our beliefs.
https://www.jw.org/en/jehovahs-witnesses/faq/changed-bible-beliefs/
that is honest on the part of jw.
Re: Will World Be A Better Place Without Jehovah Witnesses by xendra: 8:14am On Apr 07, 2016
joyandfaith:
Do Jehovah’s Witnesses depend on the New World Translation to support their beliefs?
No, for we continue to use many translations of the Bible in our witnessing work. In fact, while we provide a copy of the New World Translation at no charge as part of our free Bible study program, we are also happy to study with those who prefer to use other translations.
Have Jehovah’s Witnesses Changed the Bible to Fit Their Beliefs?
No, we haven’t. On the contrary, when we have discovered that our beliefs were not completely in line with the Bible, we have changed our beliefs.
https://www.jw.org/en/jehovahs-witnesses/faq/changed-bible-beliefs/
that is honest on the part of jw.
so you guys believe there is hell now? cos Mathew did talk about a place that burns with fire
Re: Will World Be A Better Place Without Jehovah Witnesses by joyandfaith: 9:00am On Apr 07, 2016
xendra:
so you guys believe there is hell now? cos Mathew did talk about a place that burns with fire

read about hell here from divergent opinions
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_views_on_hell
and compare with jw teaching
https://www.jw.org/en/bible-teachings/questions/what-is-hell/
Re: Will World Be A Better Place Without Jehovah Witnesses by Emusan(m): 9:50am On Apr 07, 2016
joyandfaith:
are u sure you have not been fooled to lie about jw? that is how u quoted wrongly from jw publication in one of ityour thread. you are free to use any bible translation.

You're bringing another issue into this. Besides, kindly state your view on the said thread so that I can verify your accusation because I have many threads about JW.
Re: Will World Be A Better Place Without Jehovah Witnesses by dolphinheart(m): 9:56am On Apr 07, 2016
xendra:

did Matthew mention hell?
Re: Will World Be A Better Place Without Jehovah Witnesses by joyandfaith: 10:02am On Apr 07, 2016
Emusan:

You're bringing another issue into this. Besides, kindly state your view on the said thread so that I can verify your accusation because I have many threads about JW.

this is your thread of lie https://www.nairaland.com/2709722/unbelievable-quote-watchtower-publications#44482559
Re: Will World Be A Better Place Without Jehovah Witnesses by Emusan(m): 10:03am On Apr 07, 2016
joyandfaith:

jws are not following men. their leader is Jesus. check www.jw.org . why? humans can make mistakes. many of the truth Russell found in the bible are still held by jw today. to know more about history of jw check the book GOD KINGDOM RULES in www.jw.org

Lol...but you people say Jesus is 100% man so why your leader will be Jesus and you're not following man?

Russell found many truth in the Bible yet he couldn't find the truth about worshipping of Jesus until he died idolater.

What you people failed to understand was that Russell claims are:

1. Being the very mouthpiece of God
2. ALL his teachings were directed by God (come from God not just studying the scriptures as you people claimed today)
3. He is the only one who holds the truth.

So how can someone who made these statements still got it wrong? And how you people couldn't see the reality of devil's handiwork in establishment of your organization still baffles me.
Re: Will World Be A Better Place Without Jehovah Witnesses by Emusan(m): 10:12am On Apr 07, 2016
dolphinheart:
you can use any version you like, when a verse is quoted and their are issues with it, we will put our view and prove forward.

I see you lack simple comprehension, lemme come down to your level.

If we eventually engage in debate is it not NWT you will use? And remember you've been disassociated yourself from the organization that published this NWT.

Technically, you can use their materials but claiming you have a present belief. Does your belief different from what Watchtower teaches?

That's the point.
Re: Will World Be A Better Place Without Jehovah Witnesses by dolphinheart(m): 10:51am On Apr 07, 2016
Emusan:

I see you lack simple comprehension, lemme come down to your level.
thank you sir, but I still do not lack comprehension.

If we eventually engage in debate is it not NWT you will use? And remember you've been disassociated yourself from the organization that published this NWT.
if I use the NWT and you find something wrong with the verse I posted, you can voice your concerns and give explanations.

Technically, you can use their materials but claiming you have a present belief. Does your belief different from what Watchtower teaches?

That's the point.
that point will be determined when my beliefs are being stated.
as at these moment you have not stated any of my beliefs that goes along or against any of the present teachings of Jehovah's Witnesses. neither have you offered any contrary views/beliefs that is surpor ted by the scripture.
Re: Will World Be A Better Place Without Jehovah Witnesses by Emusan(m): 10:57am On Apr 07, 2016
CAPTIVATOR:
its clear you have comprehension issues,

Let's see who have comprehensive issue here

" Jehovah's witnesses are not following or idolizing any man "

but anger clearly takes away a man's thinking cap , is Following a persons example which you wrote above the same thing with following/idolizing a man ?

Then where did you read in my post that JW should be following or idolizing Russell?

While Russell took the lead in the Bible education work at that time and was the first editor of The Watchtower , he was not the founder of a new religion. The goal of Russell and the other Bible Students, as the group was then known, was to promote the teachings of Jesus Christ and to follow the practices of the first-century Christian congregation. Since Jesus is the Founder of Christianity, we view him as the founder of our organization.—Colossians 1:18-20 . NOR claim any special vision or dreams

Sorry to bust your ass, Russell claimed to be very mouthpiece of God, Watchtower publication was directed by God and he holds the truth.

If the goal of Russell is to promote the teachings of Jesus Christ and to follow the practices of the first-century Christian, [b]that means first century Christian worshipped Jesus Christ.

Besides, you said and I quote "was to promote the teachings of Jesus Christ and to follow the practices of the first-century Christian congregation."

Please, does Russell abandon some of their teachings and why today's JW didn't follow Russell's teachings? One thing is sure if Russell can see someone to follow their practice and his follower find it difficult to follow him, it means Russell actually misrepresented the teaching of the first century Christian and Jesus Christ or today's JW are the one who actually misrepresented their teaching.

@bold , i don't cos my leader is one, the Christ . but is it possible to idolize people like Paul, Peter , John e.t.c by following their teaching ? YES
can you now see the difference between following/idolizing a man and following a mans example/character ? this form of following exhibited in corinth and CONDEMNED BY paul is what I had in mind in my post which you couldn't comprehend until u shift it to example.

Does your own reasoning faculty tell you that I'm not saying you people should idolize Russell? As you just busy writing long epistle.

How should a person be viewed who has determined in his heart that he is now anointed and begins to partake of the emblems at the Memorial? He should not be judged. The matter is between him and Jehovah. (Romans 14:12 ) However, genuine anointed Christians do not demand special attention. They do not believe that their being of the anointed gives them special “insights,” beyond what even some experienced members of the great crowd may have. They do not believe that they necessarily have more holy spirit than their companions of the other sheep have; nor do they expect special treatment or claim that their partaking of the emblems places them above the appointed elders in the congregation. They humbly remember that some anointed men in the first century did not qualify to serve as elders or ministerial servants. (
1 Timothy 3:1-10, 12, 13; Titus 1: 5-9, James 3:1) Some anointed Christians were even spiritually weak. ( 1 Thessalonians 5:14) And sisters, although anointed, did not teach in the congregation.

1 Timothy 2: 11,12.

Who asked you all these? when you couldn't fathom simple statement you choose to divert from the main point.

and you forget that the apostles also have their own weaknesses , when it comes to scripture . its INSPIRED BY GOD , they wrote not their thought but Gods . at least we have a letter of the apostle Paul that's not part of the bible . its not inspired !!!

I didn't forget it's you who have short memory because I've repeated it many times on this thread that they have their weaknesses but none of them died as an idolater like Russell.

God will never allow His anointed to die out of His own will it's only Devil who can do that which is what we saw in the life of Russell.
Re: Will World Be A Better Place Without Jehovah Witnesses by Emusan(m): 11:12am On Apr 07, 2016
dolphinheart:
if I use the NWT and you find something wrong with the verse I posted, you can voice your concerns and give explanations.

Can you see your life outside?

I know had it been I said something about Trinity, Hellfire, Jesus is God e.t.c your muscle would have raised up posting long epistle.

But since I've been dealing with you on the level that beyond your comprehension you're dumbfounded and confused.

This is what I've been saying since but your lack of comprehension leads to this long posting.

that point will be determined when my beliefs are being stated. as at these moment you have not stated any of my beliefs that goes along or against any of the present teachings of Jehovah's Witnesses. neither have you offered any contrary views/beliefs that is supported by the scripture.

See ignoramus being displayed, you're the one who claimed to have a PRESENT BELIEF which I asked you, does your present belief go outside the teachings of today's JW? you couldn't answer my simple question but you're here perambulating.
Re: Will World Be A Better Place Without Jehovah Witnesses by Emusan(m): 11:15am On Apr 07, 2016
joyandfaith:
this is your thread of lie https://www.nairaland.com/2709722/unbelievable-quote-watchtower-publications#44482559

I see, you called me a liar without any proof but had it been it's your organization will you have admitted that they are lying?
Re: Will World Be A Better Place Without Jehovah Witnesses by joyandfaith: 12:22pm On Apr 07, 2016
Emusan:

I see, you called me a liar without any proof but had it been it's your organization will you have admitted that they are lying?
proof is in ur thread or u ve forgotten what yo wrote. misleading quotes from publications. mind you a lot of churches are refuting beliefs of trtinity, hellfire and so on. and until you properly understand what jw believes u will keep misinforming public. just a click www.jw.org will solve ur problem. do more research. jw beliefs and practice are not bad as u guys want us to be believe. I wish the whole world will be jw- oh how peaceful and loving world will be.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Testimony Of A Former Jesuit Priest / Pastor E.A. Adeboye Of RCCG Speaks On Make-up, Jewellery, Wigs & Bleached Hair: / TRINITARIANS, How Do You Honestly Interpret This Verse In The Bible?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 148
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.