Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,371 members, 7,836,503 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 08:59 AM

Will World Be A Better Place Without Jehovah Witnesses - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Will World Be A Better Place Without Jehovah Witnesses (11327 Views)

Ghanaian Man Chases Jehovah's Witnesses Out Of His House By Stripping Unclad / What Will The Faith Of This World Be Without Atheists / What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will World Be A Better Place Without Jehovah Witnesses by Emusan(m): 10:29am On Apr 11, 2016
goodnews201668:
You still haven't answered my questions

I haven't answered your questions or I didn't answer some of your questions?

what are your solution? What alternative have you suggested?

Solution to what exactly?
Suggestion to what precisely?

What's your own church and the founder?

I'm an Evangelical Christian and I do worship at Pentecostal church like RCCG, MFM, C.A.C e.t.c

You and your mentors know JWs

Point of correction, I don't have mentors concerning JW.

very well but most of the things you say about JWs have turn out to be false, is that not slander?

Yet you couldn't show me where I said something that is false about them. Thank God you've already listed my points about JW below.

That book is not the only book that's not on the library. publications prior to 2000 cannot be found on the library. How come you don't know abt this since you know JWs more than them?

Did you ask yourself this simple question, when was it removed? Before you categorized it with the books published prior to 2000.

Again listen you aren't Jehovah to determine who will be resurrected, so leave the Russell and Rutherford matter between them and Jehovah.

Later, you'll be saying what I know about JW is false. Didn't Watchtower claim that Russell is among the people who will rule with Jesus in heaven? Which means Russell already had spiritual resurrection.

Besides, I know I'm not Jehovah neither do I say so but are you a Jehovah also to determine that anybody who does not belong to your organization will not be resurrected?

Jehovah's people have made remarkable changes in the past, maybe you don't know that the common things you guys do or doctrines you guys have we use to have them.

Fine...and that is the bone of my contention.
I know the doctrines we have JW has practiced them more than 50years before.

We keep improving in every aspect,

So the things of eternal life have now turned to the things of human that can change anytime but what you people failed to realized was that people took them as truth and died in them with a believe of being obedient to God.

Please, what is the different between you who think you keep improving in every aspect now and those who have died thinking they have the truth in those change doctrines?

Finally, since you keep improving in every aspect don't you think the things you hold as truth today can be considered false tomorrow by another people?

if you truly know JWs you will bear me witness with this fact.

That's why I'm here telling you that God doesn't work that way, God reveals His will ONCE no change in God's teaching.
That's why;
>>you can claim you follow the teachings of the Apostles but not the past teachings of JW.
>>You can say I should leave Russell and Rutherford's matter between them and Jehovah when you won't hesitate to say the Apostles had already had spiritual resurrection now ruling with Jesus in heaven.

We use to allow polygamy, smoke ciggrates, celebrate December, believe the Trinity doctrine, uses of cross and many other things.

Now, we can ask, what leads to the change of these doctrines? I believed you'll say they are pagan teachings or false teachings, then does Jehovah please with it? I know you'll say NO!

So what is the fate of those who died in these believes? Let's leave it between them and their Jehovah, what? So why are you preaching against these doctrines when you don't know what will befall anyone who died in these doctrines?

Lastly I want to make it clear to you that other major religious groups have also made predictions which later failed.

Do you believe that JW is of no difference from those religious groups?

And I said they are not from God because my Bible tells me that anybody who says, God said! when God has not spoken is a false prophet. In the same breadth, Russell said in 1889 "In this volume we offer a chain of testimony on the subject of God's appointed times and seasons. each link of which we consider SCRIPTURALLY STRONG...It is beyond the breadth and depth of human thought and therefore cannot be of [size=14pt]human ORIGIN"[/size] (Studies In The Scriptures, 1889, vol. 2 p. 15)

You Paul Grundy and others left and all you guys do is to criticize yet fail to tell us other organization that has the truth and that has made remarkable changes throughout the years.

Are they criticizing or saying what JW teaches?
Re: Will World Be A Better Place Without Jehovah Witnesses by goodnews201668: 11:54am On Apr 11, 2016
What Do Jehovah’s Witnesses Believe?

The beliefs of Jehovah’s Witnesses are no secret, for their literature is readily available in hundreds of languages. Below is a synopsis of some of their main tenets.

1. The Bible
The Witnesses believe that “all Scripture is inspired of God.” (2 Timothy 3:16) Jason D. BeDuhn, an associate professor of religious studies, wrote: “[Jehovah’s Witnesses built] their system of belief and practice from the raw material of the Bible without predetermining what was to be found there.” They align their beliefs with the Bible; they do not interpret it to suit themselves. At the same time, they recognize that not everything in the Bible is to be taken literally. The seven days of creation, for example, are symbolic, referring to extended periods of time.—Genesis 1:31; 2:4.

2. The Creator
The true God has given himself a personal name—Jehovah (or Yahweh, as used in the Roman Catholic Jerusalem Bible and preferred by some modern-day scholars)—that distinguishes him from false gods. * (Psalm 83:18) The Hebrew form of the divine name appears some 7,000 times in the original text of the Scriptures. Stressing the importance of that name, Jesus said in his model prayer: “Hallowed be thy name.” (Matthew 6:9, King James Version) God rightly demands exclusive devotion. Hence, the Witnesses use no icons or images in their worship.—1 John 5:21.

“The Father is greater than I am.”—John 14:28
3. Jesus Christ
He is the Savior, “the Son of God,” and “the firstborn of all creation.” (John 1:34; Colossians 1:15; Acts 5:31) As a created being, he is not part of a Trinity. “The Father is greater than I am,” said Jesus. (John 14:28) Jesus lived in heaven before coming to earth, and after his sacrificial death and resurrection, he returned to heaven. “No one comes to the Father except through [him].”—John 14:6.

4. God’s Kingdom
This is an actual heavenly government with a King—Jesus Christ—and 144,000 corulers, who are “bought from the earth.” (Revelation 5:9, 10; 14:1, 3, 4; Daniel 2:44; 7:13, 14) They will rule over the earth, which will be cleansed of all wickedness and will be inhabited by many millions of God-fearing humans.—Proverbs 2:21, 22.

5. The earth
Ecclesiastes 1:4 states: “The earth endures for ever.” (The New English Bible) After the destruction of the wicked, the earth will be made into a paradise and populated forever by righteous humans. (Psalm 37:10, 11, 29) Jesus’ words in prayer “thy will be done in earth” will thus be fulfilled.—Matthew 6:10, King James Version.

6. Bible prophecy
“God . . . cannot lie.” (Titus 1:2) Hence, what he foretells always comes true, including the Bible prophecies concerning the end of the present world. (Isaiah 55:11; Matthew 24:3-14) Who will survive the coming destruction? “He that does the will of God remains forever,” says 1 John 2:17.

7. Secular authorities
“Pay back Caesar’s things to Caesar, but God’s things to God,” said Jesus. (Mark 12:17) Accordingly, Jehovah’s Witnesses obey the laws of the land when these do not conflict with God’s laws.—Acts 5:29; Romans 13:1-3.

“This good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations; and then the end will come.”—Matthew 24:14
8. Preaching
Jesus foretold: “This good news of the kingdom” will be proclaimed earth wide before the end of the present world. (Matthew 24:14) Jehovah’s Witnesses consider it an honor to share in that lifesaving work. Of course, whether people listen or not is their own choice. The Bible says: “Let anyone that wishes take life’s water free.”—Revelation 22:17.

9. Baptism
Jehovah’s Witnesses baptize only those who, on the basis of a thorough study of the Bible, want to serve God as one of his Witnesses. (Hebrews 12:1) These symbolize their personal dedication to God by water immersion.—Matthew 3:13, 16; 28:19.

10. The clergy-laity distinction
“All you are brothers,” said Jesus to his followers. (Matthew 23:cool The early Christians, including the

Emusan criticize these beliefs of Jehovah's witnesses if possible do it one by one, stop digging up irrelevant pasts.
You have refused to mentione your founder and church but I don't care.
Re: Will World Be A Better Place Without Jehovah Witnesses by joyandfaith: 12:23pm On Apr 11, 2016
paulGrundy:

God does not have any favorite, remember the story of Peter and Cornelius?

^^^ bunch of hogwash, I can identify at least 6 christain groups that exhibit these features above. Check this out

James 1:27English Standard Version (ESV)

27 Religion that is pure [true] and undefiled before God, the Father, is this: to visit orphans and widows in their affliction, and to keep oneself unstained from the world.

Now that's bible criteria for true religion! Could you show me pictures of some charity works of the watchtower towards orphanages?

have you seen any jw begging for food or money in the street? besides, no point in advertising charity work.
Re: Will World Be A Better Place Without Jehovah Witnesses by paulGrundy(m): 1:15pm On Apr 11, 2016
dolphinheart:

you expect them to take pictures of orphans and widows when they go to them? those who do that do so for a reason, so make people think they are good. jw's shy away from "give and tell" except it is neccessary. The orphans and widows dnt need pictures to remember that they were visited.

Some churches budget money for the advertising of such programmes with much money that's mostimes over the amount budgeted for the orphans and widows. They dnt do it for the orphans, the orphans are just a means to an end!

Stop trying to make good face for them, the watchtower does not do charity to non-JW's talkless of giving to orphans and widows. Even when its done to JW's you are required to pay back. I have series of watchtower quotes that subtely confirms my assertion.
Re: Will World Be A Better Place Without Jehovah Witnesses by paulGrundy(m): 1:23pm On Apr 11, 2016
joyandfaith:

have you seen any jw begging for food or money in the street? besides, no point in advertising charity work.

The point is not whether they advertise or not, the point is they don't do charity to non-JW's. Even those who receive charity pay back. The fact that it was not selected as one of their traits of a true religion, proves it unimportant to them.
Re: Will World Be A Better Place Without Jehovah Witnesses by goodnews201668: 2:29pm On Apr 11, 2016
paulGrundy:

The point is not whether they advertise or not, the point is they don't do charity to non-JW's. Even those who receive charity pay back. The fact that it was not selected as one of their traits of a true religion, proves it unimportant to them.

That's why I keep telling you you don't know Jehovah's witnesses and can never represent them.
All you are after is what your links have told you about jws.
Let me give you assignment, Google about relief committee of Jehovah's witnesses and tell me what you understand.
You quoted James 1:27 what do you understand from that Bible portion?
Widows and orphans are those sharing the same faith with them not necessarily outsiders, the early Christians recognized that the major work of the disciples of Christ is to declare the gospel. However they made sure no one lacks and anything within them.
Some members were even set aside for this work.

That's why We never forget the words of James 2:15, 16.” Those Bible verses state: “If a brother or a sister is in a naked state and lacking the food sufficient for the day, yet a certain one of you says to them: ‘Go in peace, keep warm and well fed,’ but you do not give them the necessities for their body, of what benefit is it?”
We follow the same pattern set by the early Christians by the way you are no better than the witnesses when it comes to charity, maybe I'll start recording how I have been of assistance to my neighbours and write down their names for you to see to. Paul Grundy the impostor!
Re: Will World Be A Better Place Without Jehovah Witnesses by paulGrundy(m): 3:16pm On Apr 11, 2016
goodnews201668:

That's why I keep telling you you don't know Jehovah's witnesses and can never represent them.
All you are after is what your links have told you about jws.
Let me give you assignment, Google about relief committee of Jehovah's witnesses and tell me what you understand.
You quoted James 1:27 what do you understand from that Bible portion?
Widows and orphans are those sharing the same faith with them not necessarily outsiders, the early Christians recognized that the major work of the disciples of Christ is to declare the gospel. However they made sure no one lacks and anything within them.
Some members were even set aside for this work.

That's why We never forget the words of James 2:15, 16.” Those Bible verses state: “If a brother or a sister is in a naked state and lacking the food sufficient for the day, yet a certain one of you says to them: ‘Go in peace, keep warm and well fed,’ but you do not give them the necessities for their body, of what benefit is it?”
We follow the same pattern set by the early Christians by the way you are no better than the witnesses when it comes to charity, maybe I'll start recording how I have been of assistance to my neighbours and write down their names for you to see to. Paul Grundy the impostor!

Thumbs up! Fair enough defence. I love how you played the sacrificial dog for the watchtower coporation. How wish they are like you. grin grin

Kingdom Ministry 2005 Jan Canada Edition p.7 Question Box
"What is the best way to make contributions for the benefit of needy brothers in other lands? At times, we hear about brothers in another land who have come into material need because of persecution, disaster, or other difficult circumstances. Some brothers have been moved to send funds directly to the branch offices in such lands, requesting that the money be used to help a certain individual, a particular congregation, or a designated building project. -- 2 Cor. 8:1-4. While such loving concern for fellow believers is commendable, often there are needs that are more urgent than those that the contributor has in mind. In come cases, the designated need has already been cared for. Of course, we can be confident that when contributions are sent to the local branch office for the worldwide work, the Kingdom Hall Fund, or disaster relief, those donated funds will be used as directed by the contributor. The brothers in all the branches have been thoroughly trained to respond quickly to unanticipated needs. In all cases, the branch keeps the Governing Body informed regarding the matter. If additional assistance is needed, the Governing Body may invite nearby branches to help or funds may be sent directly from headquarters. 2 Cor. 8:14, 15. Therefore, all contributions intended for the worldwide work, building projects in other lands, or disaster relief should be sent to the branch office in the land in which you live, either through the congregation or directly. In this way, 'the faithful and discreet slave,' through the organizational arrangement set in place by the Governing Body, cares for the needs of the worldwide brotherhood in an orderly manner. -- Matt. 24:45-47; 1 Cor. 14:33, 40.

^^^ the watchtower telling members that donations meant for charity should be given to the governing body. grin grin

Watchtower 2003 June 1 p.7 Giving That Pleases God
"When it comes to organized charity, though, we need to be cautious as we evaluate the many appeals we receive .There is a kind of giving that is even more important than charity. Jesus alluded to this when a rich young ruler asked what he had to do to get everlasting life. Jesus told him: "Go sell your belongings and give to the poor and you will have treasure in heaven, and come be my follower." (Matthew 19:16-22) Notice that Jesus did not just say, 'Give to the poor and you will get life.' Instead, he added, "Come be my follower." In other words, as commendable and beneficial as charitable acts are, Christian discipleship involves more. Jesus' chief interest was in helping others spiritually."

^^^Watchtower teaching that preaching is more important than giving to charity. When the bible teaches otherwise.

James 2:15, 16.” Those Bible verses state: “If a brother or a sister is in a naked state and lacking the food sufficient for the day, yet a certain one of you says to them: ‘Go in peace, keep warm and well fed,’ but you do not give them the necessities for their body, of what benefit is it?” That is the scripture you quoted.
SMH

Tommorow a group like this will tell me that they are the true religion. SMH

1 Like

Re: Will World Be A Better Place Without Jehovah Witnesses by goodnews201668: 4:16pm On Apr 11, 2016
paulGrundy:

Thumbs up! Fair enough defence. I love how you played the sacrificial dog for the watchtower coporation. How wish they are like you. grin grin

Kingdom Ministry 2005 Jan Canada Edition p.7 Question Box
"What is the best way to make contributions for the benefit of needy brothers in other lands? At times, we hear about brothers in another land who have come into material need because of persecution, disaster, or other difficult circumstances. Some brothers have been moved to send funds directly to the branch offices in such lands, requesting that the money be used to help a certain individual, a particular congregation, or a designated building project. -- 2 Cor. 8:1-4. While such loving concern for fellow believers is commendable, often there are needs that are more urgent than those that the contributor has in mind. In come cases, the designated need has already been cared for. Of course, we can be confident that when contributions are sent to the local branch office for the worldwide work, the Kingdom Hall Fund, or disaster relief, those donated funds will be used as directed by the contributor. The brothers in all the branches have been thoroughly trained to respond quickly to unanticipated needs. In all cases, the branch keeps the Governing Body informed regarding the matter. If additional assistance is needed, the Governing Body may invite nearby branches to help or funds may be sent directly from headquarters. 2 Cor. 8:14, 15. Therefore, all contributions intended for the worldwide work, building projects in other lands, or disaster relief should be sent to the branch office in the land in which you live, either through the congregation or directly. In this way, 'the faithful and discreet slave,' through the organizational arrangement set in place by the Governing Body, cares for the needs of the worldwide brotherhood in an orderly manner. -- Matt. 24:45-47; 1 Cor. 14:33, 40.

^^^ the watchtower telling members that donations meant for charity should be given to the governing body. grin grin

Watchtower 2003 June 1 p.7 Giving That Pleases God
"When it comes to organized charity, though, we need to be cautious as we evaluate the many appeals we receive .There is a kind of giving that is even more important than charity. Jesus alluded to this when a rich young ruler asked what he had to do to get everlasting life. Jesus told him: "Go sell your belongings and give to the poor and you will have treasure in heaven, and come be my follower." (Matthew 19:16-22) Notice that Jesus did not just say, 'Give to the poor and you will get life.' Instead, he added, "Come be my follower." In other words, as commendable and beneficial as charitable acts are, Christian discipleship involves more. Jesus' chief interest was in helping others spiritually."

^^^Watchtower teaching that preaching is more important than giving to charity. When the bible teaches otherwise.

James 2:15, 16.” Those Bible verses state: “If a brother or a sister is in a naked state and lacking the food sufficient for the day, yet a certain one of you says to them: ‘Go in peace, keep warm and well fed,’ but you do not give them the necessities for their body, of what benefit is it?” That is the scripture you quoted.
SMH

Tommorow a group like this will tell me that they are the true religion. SMH

I don't know why you are finding it difficult to understand what you copied there, what's difficult about it?
We are trying to establish something here an that's the fact that Jehovah's witnesses help others as well in as much as the preaching work should be paramount.
I gave you an assignment Google Jehovah's witnesses relief committee, and then come back.
At least with that it will be clear to all that you are only a hater, impostor and a slander.
You are simply good at twisting the truth and with what you just did you shot yourself in the leg.
Let me spell it out to you again being a disciple of Jesus involves much more than engaging in charitable works, the Bible said that in the last day people will claim to have done a lot good work in Christ name yet they are disapproved.
Point for meditation. If at all you will be humble enough to do so, I doubt so because your hate for the jws will give you heart attack soon.
Re: Will World Be A Better Place Without Jehovah Witnesses by dolphinheart(m): 5:01pm On Apr 11, 2016
paulGrundy:

Stop trying to make good face for them, the watchtower does not do charity to non-JW's talkless of giving to orphans and widows. Even when its done to JW's you are required to pay back. I have series of watchtower quotes that subtely confirms my assertion.

1. The Watchtower is not a charity organization
2. you dnt need to advertise your going to see orphans and widows
3. you are shifting the goal post , the discussion was on true Christians and not an organization. If I do see and take care of orphans and widows, you wunt attribute it to the organisation.
4. you need to define your accusation, are you saying that the Watchtower does not take care of orphans and widows at all, or you are saying they are selective in the orphans and widows they take care of.

1 Like

Re: Will World Be A Better Place Without Jehovah Witnesses by Nobody: 5:09pm On Apr 11, 2016
@Emusan

what is the name of your church? I wonder why I haven't asked you that question since. Pls tell us where you worship.

1 Like

Re: Will World Be A Better Place Without Jehovah Witnesses by Nobody: 5:12pm On Apr 11, 2016
why keep responding to this apostate paulgrundy. this person has been handed over to the devil. let him be, no matter what he says, don't respond brothers so that you don't share in his sins. abeg.

1 Like

Re: Will World Be A Better Place Without Jehovah Witnesses by Emusan(m): 5:19pm On Apr 11, 2016
JMAN05:
what is the name of your church? I wonder why I haven't asked you that question since. Pls tell us where you worship.

This is your new excuse.... I see!

For my church, read the first post on this page.
Re: Will World Be A Better Place Without Jehovah Witnesses by goodnews201668: 6:01pm On Apr 11, 2016
JMAN05:
why keep responding to this apostate paulgrundy. this person has been handed over to the devil. let him be, no matter what he says, don't respond brothers so that you don't share in his sins. abeg.

You are right my brother, just that it hurts seeing him spreading hateful words against JWs.
He simply cannot accept the truth i see the reason for this hate that's almost consuming him.
I know Paul Grundy is the one handling Emusan as well.
Re: Will World Be A Better Place Without Jehovah Witnesses by goodnews201668: 6:21pm On Apr 11, 2016
dolphinheart:

1. The Watchtower is not a charity organization
2. you dnt need to advertise your going to see orphans and widows
3. you are shifting the goal post , the discussion was on true Christians and not an organization. If I do see and take care of orphans and widows, you wunt attribute it to the organisation.
4. you need to define your accusation, are you saying that the Watchtower does not take care of orphans and widows at all, or you are saying they are selective in the orphans and widows they take care of.

You are right jare he keeps shifting the goal post, he is always dancing around any JW thread and at the end he will keep twisting the truth, the reason is simply he doesn't and can't stand with the truth except lies.
He usually opens his own threads ooo but everybody ignores him, people are already familiar with his refurbished lies!
Re: Will World Be A Better Place Without Jehovah Witnesses by dolphinheart(m): 6:22pm On Apr 11, 2016
It is quite evident that some will find any means to find fault . imagine finding fAult with how taking care of people in need is being organised. thought he had evidence that it is not done, but his problem now is how it is done.
They keep on saying things are wrong, yet they offer no alternatives.

1 Like

Re: Will World Be A Better Place Without Jehovah Witnesses by dolphinheart(m): 6:28pm On Apr 11, 2016
goodnews201668:

You are right jare he keeps shifting the goal post, he is always dancing around any JW thread and at the end he will keep twisting the truth, the reason is simply he doesn't and can't stand with the truth except lies.
He usually opens his own threads ooo but everybody ignores him, people are already familiar with his refurbished lies!

when some ones sole aim is to find fault where there is none, not offering any contrary opinion, view or solution, lies, false understanding, desperation will be the end of it all.

stronger, more dangerous, evil people have tried to stop the preaching of the good news of God's Kingdom, they failed woefully.!

1 Like

Re: Will World Be A Better Place Without Jehovah Witnesses by Emusan(m): 6:39pm On Apr 11, 2016
goodnews201668:
1. The Bible
The Witnesses believe that “all Scripture is inspired of God.” (2 Timothy 3:16) Jason D. BeDuhn, an associate professor of religious studies, wrote: “[Jehovah’s Witnesses built] their system of belief and practice from the raw material of the Bible without predetermining what was to be found there.” They align their beliefs with the Bible; they do not interpret it to suit themselves. At the same time, they recognize that not everything in the Bible is to be taken literally. The seven days of creation, for example, are symbolic, referring to extended periods of time.—Genesis 1:31; 2:4.

Can you give us a link to that Jason D. BeDuhn? So that you can see the reason while I said JW can lie and even misrepresent someone's statements just to suit themselves.

Devil, oneness Pentecostal, Seventh day Adventist e.t.c also believe scriptures were given by God, so what's your point?

2. The Creator
The true God has given himself a personal name—Jehovah (or Yahweh, as used in the Roman Catholic Jerusalem Bible and preferred by some modern-day scholars)—that distinguishes him from false gods. * (Psalm 83:18) The Hebrew form of the divine name appears some 7,000 times in the original text of the Scriptures. Stressing the importance of that name, Jesus said in his model prayer: “Hallowed be thy name.” (Matthew 6:9, King James Version) God rightly demands exclusive devotion. Hence, the Witnesses use no icons or images in their worship.—1 John 5:21.

Then, if the creator has given Himself a personal name and Jesus said "Hallowed be thy name", why Jesus Himself and the Apostles didn't address the creator with that name?

Now, you said and I quote "The Hebrew form of the divine name appears some 7,000 times in the original text of the Scriptures."

Are you saying that New Testament were also written in Hebrew?

So any church that doesn't use icon or image are true church, right?

“The Father is greater than I am.”—John 14:28
3. Jesus Christ
He is the Savior, “the Son of God,” and “the firstborn of all creation.” (John 1:34; Colossians 1:15; Acts 5:31) As a created being, he is not part of a Trinity. “The Father is greater than I am,” said Jesus. (John 14:28) Jesus lived in heaven before coming to earth, and after his sacrificial death and resurrection, he returned to heaven. “No one comes to the Father except through [him].”—John 14:6.

Well, not only JW believed that Jesus is not God nor in Trinity. Are do you agree with them?

4. God’s Kingdom
This is an actual heavenly government with a King—Jesus Christ—and 144,000 corulers, who are “bought from the earth.” (Revelation 5:9, 10; 14:1, 3, 4; Daniel 2:44; 7:13, 14) They will rule over the earth, which will be cleansed of all wickedness and will be inhabited by many millions of God-fearing humans.—Proverbs 2:21, 22.

I guess, your idolater founder Russell is part of the 144,000 while you and other JW who condemned Russell to hell by the slogan "the light getting brighter" will live on earth.

5. The earth
Ecclesiastes 1:4 states: “The earth endures for ever.” (The New English Bible) After the destruction of the wicked, the earth will be made into a paradise and populated forever by righteous humans. (Psalm 37:10, 11, 29) Jesus’ words in prayer “thy will be done in earth” will thus be fulfilled.—Matthew 6:10, King James Version.

See him using King James Version as if he hold it above NWT, that's hypocrite always using your Version because I know if this discussion goes further you'll start disagree with KJV and using your own.

6. Bible prophecy
“God . . . cannot lie.” (Titus 1:2) Hence, what he foretells always comes true, including the Bible prophecies concerning the end of the present world. (Isaiah 55:11; Matthew 24:3-14) Who will survive the coming destruction? “He that does the will of God remains forever,” says 1 John 2:17.

So, I only need to do the will of God not until I belong to any organization. That's interesting!

[qoute]7. Secular authorities
“Pay back Caesar’s things to Caesar, but God’s things to God,” said Jesus. (Mark 12:17) Accordingly, Jehovah’s Witnesses obey the laws of the land when these do not conflict with God’s laws.—Acts 5:29; Romans 13:1-3.[/quote]

And the other churches are always violating the laws of the land, I guess!

“This good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations; and then the end will come.”—Matthew 24:14
8. Preaching
Jesus foretold: “This good news of the kingdom” will be proclaimed earth wide before the end of the present world. (Matthew 24:14) Jehovah’s Witnesses consider it an honor to share in that lifesaving work. Of course, whether people listen or not is their own choice. The Bible says: “Let anyone that wishes take life’s water free.”—Revelation 22:17.

And other church don't preach but only cursing people up and down

9. Baptism
Jehovah’s Witnesses baptize only those who, on the basis of a thorough study of the Bible, want to serve God as one of his Witnesses. (Hebrews 12:1) These symbolize their personal dedication to God by water immersion.—Matthew 3:13, 16; 28:19.

Where other denominations only throw people in the water and allow them to die.

“All you are brothers,” said Jesus to his followers. (Matthew 23:cool The early Christians, including the

And other churches take their brethren as an enemy.

criticize these beliefs of Jehovah's witnesses if possible do it one by one, stop digging up irrelevant pasts.

I should stop digging irrelevant pasts but I can see that ALL your Bible quote including Janson are from present.

You don't want to associate yourself with Russell and Rutherford who lived less than 100years ago they are now past but the scriptures you're examining everyday which is over 1000years never become past.

You have refused to mention your founder and church but I don't care.

Read the first post on this page on that.

1 Like

Re: Will World Be A Better Place Without Jehovah Witnesses by goodnews201668: 7:33pm On Apr 11, 2016
Emusan:

Can you give us a link to that Jason D. BeDuhn? So that you can see the reason while I said JW can lie and even misrepresent someone's statements just to suit themselves.

Devil, oneness Pentecostal, Seventh day Adventist e.t.c also believe scriptures were given by God, so what's your point?

Then, if the creator has given Himself a personal name and Jesus said "Hallowed be thy name", why Jesus Himself and the Apostles didn't address the creator with that name? GO AND MAKE YOUR RESEARCH STOP BEATING AROUND THE BUSH, BLIND CRITIC. YES THATS WHAT YOU ARE, AT LEAST YOU DONT THAT GODS NAME APPEARED THAT MUCH IN THE HEBREWS SCRITURES ALONE.

Now, you said and I quote "The Hebrew form of the divine name appears some 7,000 times in the original text of the Scriptures."

Are you saying that New Testament were also written in Hebrew?

So any church that doesn't use icon or image are true church, right?

Well, not only JW believed that Jesus is not God nor in Trinity. Are do you agree with them?

I guess, your idolater founder Russell is part of the 144,000 while you and other JW who condemned Russell to hell by the slogan "the light getting brighter" will live on earth.

See him using King James Version as if he hold it above NWT, that's hypocrite always using your Version because I know if this discussion goes further you'll start disagree with KJV and using your own.

So, I only need to do the will of God not until I belong to any organization. That's interesting!

[qoute]7. Secular authorities
“Pay back Caesar’s things to Caesar, but God’s things to God,” said Jesus. (Mark 12:17) Accordingly, Jehovah’s Witnesses obey the laws of the land when these do not conflict with God’s laws.—Acts 5:29; Romans 13:1-3.

And the other churches are always violating the laws of the land, I guess!

8. Preaching

And other church don't preach but only cursing people up and down

9. Baptism

Where other denominations only throw people in the water and allow them to die.

And other churches take their brethren as an enemy.

criticize these beliefs of Jehovah's witnesses if possible do it one by one, stop digging up irrelevant pasts.

I should stop digging irrelevant pasts but I can see that ALL your Bible quote including Janson are from present.

You don't want to associate yourself with Russell and Rutherford who lived less than 100years ago they are now past but the scriptures you're examining everyday which is over 1000years never become past.

You have refused to mention your founder and church but I don't care.

Read the first post on this page on that.

Go and make your research first and come blind critic, so you don't know that the name Jehovah appeared that much in the OT written in Hebrew? That's why you a blind critic.
Re: Will World Be A Better Place Without Jehovah Witnesses by paulGrundy(m): 9:23pm On Apr 11, 2016
goodnews201668:

I don't know why you are finding it difficult to understand what you copied there, what's difficult about it?
We are trying to establish something here an that's the fact that Jehovah's witnesses help others as well in as much as the preaching work should be paramount.
I gave you an assignment Google Jehovah's witnesses relief committee, and then come back.
At least with that it will be clear to all that you are only a hater, impostor and a slander.
You are simply good at twisting the truth and with what you just did you shot yourself in the leg.
Let me spell it out to you again being a disciple of Jesus involves much more than engaging in charitable works, the Bible said that in the last day people will claim to have done a lot good work in Christ name yet they are disapproved.
Point for meditation. If at all you will be humble enough to do so, I doubt so because your hate for the jws will give you heart attack soon.

The point I am making, do they give to orphanages? Answer is No, simple!

You clearly ignored that part, that quote proves my earlier assertion that JW's give only to themselves.

Relief committe to help only your members? grin grin

Another proof of my assertion is that the watchtower is currently under investigation by UK charity commision for refusing to do charity work (in UK all religions must do charity and pay taxes). They tried to strike out the inquiry, but they were stopped by court order.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/court-of-appeal-gives-judgment-in-court-case-by-jehovahs-witness-charity
Re: Will World Be A Better Place Without Jehovah Witnesses by goodnews201668: 10:36pm On Apr 11, 2016
paulGrundy:

The point I am making, do they give to orphanages? Answer is No, simple!

You clearly ignored that part, that quote proves my earlier assertion that JW's give only to themselves.

Relief committe to help only your members? grin grin

Another proof of my assertion is that the watchtower is currently under investigation by UK charity commision for refusing to do charity work (in UK all religions must do charity and pay taxes). They tried to strike out the inquiry, but they were stopped by court order.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/court-of-appeal-gives-judgment-in-court-case-by-jehovahs-witness-charity

Abeg swerve, you gat no point.
You are changing it to they do charity to only their members now, not that they don't do at all like you falsely accused them.
Na your way when you ran out of ideas you'll start changing the goal post, I see you are just an unrepentant slander that doesn't work with the truth. You only promote falsehood and thrive in it, in case you care go back to my reply and if you stick to your hateful ways I am sorry i can't help you.
And I won't start writing down the names of people I assist for you to see that the people you go about condemning are much more better than you!
Re: Will World Be A Better Place Without Jehovah Witnesses by Nobody: 4:43am On Apr 12, 2016
goodnews201668:

You are right my brother, just that it hurts seeing him spreading hateful words against JWs.
He simply cannot accept the truth i see the reason for this hate that's almost consuming him.
I know Paul Grundy is the one handling Emusan as well.

We avoid apostates, not just for there attitude towards our message but cos the scripture says we should avoid them. 2jhn 10, 11. 1cor 5:11

No matter how sure u are to win the argument, u are barred from the scriptures to even say a greeting to him, let alone argue with him. in fact, he will stop if u don't give him audience. even if he doesn't stop, let him be.

The first temptation to reply comes when you read his comments. when u do, u will be forced to respond. This is what I do, its a suggestion: Don't read any comment that he makes. for me, if I see paulgrundy when reading a thread, I don't read any comment below that name weather its a quotation of his comment or a comment from him. This way, you wouldnt even know what he said, let alone replying. for eg, I don't even know what paulgrundy said on this thread, not even one. even if he quoted me.

Again, never be tempted to read any "is" from that demonic jwfacts. that site is owned by an apostate. this peoole have been handed to satan. dont share in that plague. None of us would want to be disciplined by Jah before we change!

Emusan is a different person. he and john were brought up by paulgrundy whom they learned apostate thinking from. but there's is different. However, if someone is not interested in a sincere bible discussion, I limit my response to that one or ignore him until he grows up. though they are not to be treated as apostates.

No need to talk much on this, most of u probably know what am talking about more than I do. Do the right thing.

1 Like

Re: Will World Be A Better Place Without Jehovah Witnesses by Nobody: 5:39am On Apr 12, 2016
Emusan:

This is your new excuse.... I see!

For my church, read the first post on this page.

I am an Evangelical Christian and I do worship at Pentecostal church like RCCG, MFM, C.A.C e.t.c

Oga, the name of ur church not churches.

1 Like

Re: Will World Be A Better Place Without Jehovah Witnesses by johnw74: 6:56am On Apr 12, 2016
JMAN05:

We avoid apostates, not just for there attitude towards our message but cos the scripture says we should avoid them. 2jhn 10, 11. 1cor 5:11

No matter how sure u are to win the argument, u are barred from the scriptures to even say a greeting to him, let alone argue with him. in fact, he will stop if u don't give him audience. even if he doesn't stop, let him be.

The first temptation to reply comes when you read his comments. when u do, u will be forced to respond. This is what I do, its a suggestion: Don't read any comment that he makes. for me, if I see paulgrundy when reading a thread, I don't read any comment below that name weather its a quotation of his comment or a comment from him. This way, you wouldnt even know what he said, let alone replying. for eg, I don't even know what paulgrundy said on this thread, not even one. even if he quoted me.

Again, never be tempted to read any "is" from that demonic jwfacts. that site is owned by an apostate. this peoole have been handed to satan. dont share in that plague. None of us would want to be disciplined by Jah before we change!

Emusan is a different person. he and john were brought up by paulgrundy whom they learned apostate thinking from. but there's is different. However, if someone is not interested in a sincere bible discussion, I limit my response to that one or ignore him until he grows up. though they are not to be treated as apostates.

No need to talk much on this, most of u probably know what am talking about more than I do. Do the right thing.

@ bold, smiley ha ha, I was against satanic supposed jw befor Paul Grundy was born,
when they speak a lie they are speaking naturally.

Joh_8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

1 Like

Re: Will World Be A Better Place Without Jehovah Witnesses by joyandfaith: 7:47am On Apr 12, 2016
JMAN05:

he is afraid of letting other knows his church. that church much be very terrible.

1 Like

Re: Will World Be A Better Place Without Jehovah Witnesses by Nobody: 10:15am On Apr 12, 2016
johnw74:

@ bold, smiley ha ha, I was against satanic supposed jw befor Paul Grundy was born,
when they speak a lie they are speaking naturally.

Joh_8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

phony, how things? its been long.

1 Like

Re: Will World Be A Better Place Without Jehovah Witnesses by johnw74: 10:29am On Apr 12, 2016
JMAN05:

phony, how things? its been long.

What's phony in my short post? is it that I rejected satanic supposed jw before Paul Grundy was born? or what is it?, you cannot point anything out can you?
supposed jw cannot answer posts, but ask questions and change the subject and do anything to avoid admitting their wrong
lying is what supposed jw does best, so that's what they do, they do it in most posts

JMAN05:

When they speak a lie they are speaking naturally.

1 Like

Re: Will World Be A Better Place Without Jehovah Witnesses by johnw74: 10:32am On Apr 12, 2016
joyandfaith:

he is afraid of letting other knows his church. that church much be very terrible.

He is not wanting to throw his pearls before the swine.

1 Like

Re: Will World Be A Better Place Without Jehovah Witnesses by goodnews201668: 11:11am On Apr 12, 2016
johnw74:

Imagine yourself, you call your fellow human swine and you are here hypocritically ruffling yourselves with the swine.
Who is more swine? Check
Re: Will World Be A Better Place Without Jehovah Witnesses by dolphinheart(m): 11:35am On Apr 12, 2016
JMAN05:

correct!

1 Like

Re: Will World Be A Better Place Without Jehovah Witnesses by joyandfaith: 11:37am On Apr 12, 2016
johnw74:

ha ha ha . what a shame.

1 Like

Re: Will World Be A Better Place Without Jehovah Witnesses by Emusan(m): 12:50pm On Apr 12, 2016
JMAN05:

And RCCG or MFM are not a name of a Church but a name for JW followers.

You need life.
Re: Will World Be A Better Place Without Jehovah Witnesses by goodnews201668: 1:30pm On Apr 12, 2016
Emusan:

And RCCG or MFM are not a name of a Church but a name for JW followers.

You need life.

Keep pruning it, at first it was more than four. No wonder it's even clear in your posts, if you aren't sure of your church why not say it? Or you are scared of criticism?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Should Child Dedication Be Abolished Since It Is Found In The Law Of Moses? / There Will Be Slavery In Heaven So I Hope Yall Are Ready To Own White Slaves / Men Could Be Infertile, Also Needs Prayer For Fruit Of The Womb - Pastor Adeoye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 152
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.