Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,998 members, 7,817,947 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:41 PM

My African Friend Adviced Me To Marry A White Man - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My African Friend Adviced Me To Marry A White Man (19735 Views)

White Man Rubbing His Nigerian Girlfriend's Backside In GTBank In Lagos / Nigerian Ladies Seducing A White Man In Europe / Lagos Big Boy Goes To Bed With 9 Ladies (viewers Discretion Adviced) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My African Friend Adviced Me To Marry A White Man by Fulaman198(m): 12:44am On Jun 08, 2016
kamel4real2015:
white men don't even date black girls the case is reversed white girls date black dude don't no why some ladies are living in delusion and been brainwashed.

Some white guys do date black women, but I think (though I can't prove it) that it's due to fulfilling their "erotic" fantasies Dear God/Allah forgive me for that statement because it is not really what it looks like.
Re: My African Friend Adviced Me To Marry A White Man by Nobody: 12:49am On Jun 08, 2016
Fulaman198:

Some white guys do date black women, but I think (though I can't prove it) that it's due to fulfilling their "erotic" fantasies Dear God/Allah forgive me for that statement because it is not really what it looks like.
white men dating black ladies percentage with where I live and from experience is like 2percent, but there ladies do date black guys our Nigerian ladies have been brainwashed most of them don't even know what they want, one of the most confused human being have seen, the percentage of white guy dating a black girls is just low don't be deceived at all.

1 Like

Re: My African Friend Adviced Me To Marry A White Man by Nobody: 12:54am On Jun 08, 2016
kamel4real2015:
Even those white ladies are submissive than our black ladies but there are many questions marks about there way of life won't advice someone to date a person without knowing them that is why I pity many Nigerian girls that see marrying a white dude as an achievement most divorce in the long run and live unsettled life it is what it is the western media has damper the thinking of many by films, false deception and destroying the psycho of a black man .But nevertheless am proud of being a black man and kudos to those good lady who struggle to better there men because they knew about the struggle.

Uh-huh. Right. Surely, but of course...

How many affirmations is it gonna take to help? As it is, I'm running out of them.
Re: My African Friend Adviced Me To Marry A White Man by Fulaman198(m): 12:55am On Jun 08, 2016
kamel4real2015:
white men dating black ladies percentage with where I live and from experience is like 2percent, but there ladies do date black guys our Nigerian ladies have been brainwashed most of them don't even know what they want, one of the most confused human being have seen, the percentage of white guy dating a black girls is just low don't be deceived at all.

To be fair, it's not entirely really Nigerian ladies fault. Most people regardless of gender/sex are brainwashed. There is a saying that if you continue reiterating something (whether it is true or not), people will begin to believe it. A lot of it like I mentioned earlier in this thread is the self-inflated depiction of white guys as opposed to other groups of guys in the Western world. That's sadly why stereotypes exist. People believe that black American guys behave a particular way, they believe that Hispanic guys behave a particular way, and they believe that Asian guys behave a particular way. That's why I personally detest stereotypes because often they are completely incorrect and not scientifically based/proven. Also many women in other parts of the world based on what they see on Hollywood movies of white males being heroes and other men being incompetent and weak believe it as well. This phenomenon is often referred to as the "white saviour complex" - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_savior_narrative_in_film

I believe that people should try to ignore fabricated stereotypes about a group of people. Like for you let me ask you something? You being a Nigerian how do you believe Fulani people behave? There are stereotypes here in Nigeria for example about every ethnic group lol. But each person within their own respective ethnic group is an individual. I can tell you with absolute certainty that there are Fulani men different from me.
Re: My African Friend Adviced Me To Marry A White Man by Nobody: 1:01am On Jun 08, 2016
EnlightenedSoul:

Uh-huh. Right. Surely, but of course...

How many affirmations is it gonna take to help? I'm running out of them.
Don't no about that I personally won't date a lady that won't contribute anything positively to my life, most Nigerian ladies all they no is demanding without supply even here on NL they are too lazy to think outside the box asking for recharge card that is too low and pathetic poor thinking, my question has always been what impact positively are ladies having on those they are dating apart from asking for materialistic thing and haphazard demand for money like the guy is an ATM. No white guy would even give you chance to do that he give you so you must reciprocate too.

1 Like

Re: My African Friend Adviced Me To Marry A White Man by Nobody: 1:03am On Jun 08, 2016
Fulaman198:

To be fair, it's not entirely really Nigerian ladies fault. Most people regardless of gender/sex are brainwashed. There is a saying that if you continue reiterating something (whether it is true or not), people will begin to believe it. A lot of it like I mentioned earlier in this thread is the self-inflated depiction of white guys as opposed to other groups of guys in the Western world. That's sadly why stereotypes exist. People believe that black American guys behave a particular way, they believe that Hispanic guys behave a particular way, and they believe that Asian guys behave a particular way. That's why I personally detest stereotypes because often they are completely incorrect and not scientifically based/proven. Also many women in other parts of the world based on what they see on Hollywood movies of white males being heroes and other men being incompetent and weak believe it as well. This phenomenon is often referred to as the "white saviour complex" - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_savior_narrative_in_film

I believe that people should try to ignore fabricated stereotypes about a group of people. Like for you let me ask you something? You being a Nigerian how do you believe Fulani people behave? There are stereotypes here in Nigeria for example about every ethnic group lol. But each person within their own respective ethnic group is an individual. I can tell you with absolute certainty that there are Fulani men different from me.

But Nigeria ladies are the culprit they believe in assumptions and that how they sell themselves to bad guys.
Re: My African Friend Adviced Me To Marry A White Man by Fulaman198(m): 1:04am On Jun 08, 2016
kamel4real2015:
Don't no about that I personally won't date a lady that won't contribute anything positively to my life, most Nigerian ladies all they no is demanding without supply even here on NL they are too lazy to think outside the box asking for recharge card that is too low and pathetic poor thinking, my question has always been what impact positively are ladies having on those they are dating apart from asking for materialistic thing and haphazard demand for money like the guy is an ATM. No white guy would even give you chance to do that he give you so you must reciprocate too.

That's a generalisation as well my friend. How many Nigerian ladies have you met out of the 90 million Nigerian women? Most usually constitutes greater than 50%

1 Like

Re: My African Friend Adviced Me To Marry A White Man by Fulaman198(m): 1:06am On Jun 08, 2016
kamel4real2015:
But Nigeria ladies are the culprit they believe in assumptions and that how they sell themselves to bad guys.

Well in all honesty, I wish more people could use their brains, but most people and I can really say most people don't use their brains. I don't know why humans are built this way. It's really not only Nigerian women. If you have ever been abroad, it's many groups of women. Asian, African, etc.

One of the reasons why I feel white women agree to go with black guys regardless of the black guy's nationality is because no group of women knows white guys better than white women. So they know that there is no such thing as "the best group of guys."
Re: My African Friend Adviced Me To Marry A White Man by Nobody: 1:07am On Jun 08, 2016
Fulaman198:

That's a generalisation as well my friend. How many Nigerian ladies have you met out of the 90 million Nigerian women? Most usually constitutes greater than 50%
Am not generalizing most of them it is a kind of curse if they don't demand for something materialistic they won't be ok for that thorns here on NL for example and real life experience.

1 Like

Re: My African Friend Adviced Me To Marry A White Man by Fulaman198(m): 1:11am On Jun 08, 2016
kamel4real2015:
Am not generalizing most of them it is a kind of curse if they don't demand for something materialistic they won't be ok for that thorns here on NL for example and real life experience.

There are about 7 million Fulani women and 15 million Hausa women, I can safely say that based on Islam and our respective cultures that a lot (I won't say most because I have not met every Fulani or Hausa woman) is not materialistic. Fulani women and Hausa women in general want the best for their children (good education, a good religious boy or girl, a respective child), and to be well taken care of by their husbands (what I mean by that is treated nicely, not abused, and a partner to share everything with and talk to). I don't think that is materialistic as you are supposed to share everything with your wife right?
Re: My African Friend Adviced Me To Marry A White Man by Nobody: 1:12am On Jun 08, 2016
kamel4real2015:

1. I'm not Nigerian.

2. When did I ask you out? Or tell you to date someone that wouldn't add anything positive to your life?

3. What more affirmation do you seek? I like okey doke. Is that any good?
Re: My African Friend Adviced Me To Marry A White Man by Nobody: 1:17am On Jun 08, 2016
EnlightenedSoul:

1. I'm not Nigerian.

2. When did I ask you out? Or tell you to date someone that wouldn't add anything positive to your life?

Don't understand what you mean by all this maybe you can shield more light so we can understand each other better.

1 Like

Re: My African Friend Adviced Me To Marry A White Man by Nobody: 1:19am On Jun 08, 2016
Fulaman198:

No, like I said you have a right to go with whomever you want. However, the question is why...not will you go with an AA dude. Thanks! If you don't want to answer, I understand.

You need to call that girl you liked, the one you sometimes still talk about, but that dated White guys. The one that makes you call people sellouts, that put that massive chip on your shoulder, that should've belonged to all of Africa. Yeah, her. Call her and ask her, so you can resolve this and get closure. This isn't my battle.
Re: My African Friend Adviced Me To Marry A White Man by Nobody: 1:21am On Jun 08, 2016
EnlightenedSoul:

1. I'm not Nigerian.

Don't ask or know if you are a Nigerian or not or why you meant like did I ask you out is that a question for me. Don't think so.
Re: My African Friend Adviced Me To Marry A White Man by Fulaman198(m): 1:23am On Jun 08, 2016
EnlightenedSoul:

You need to call that girl you liked, the one you sometimes still talk about, but that dated White guys. The one that makes you call people sellouts, that put that massive chip on your shoulder, yh, her. Call her, and ask her, so you can resolve this and get closure. This isn't my battle.

LOL I'm laughing really hard in Fulfulde. To be honest, I don't think even think about her at all anymore. With the way my life currently is, women are not the #1 thing on my mind right now, but coming up with a discovery or learning something entirely new is what I'm thinking about currently. That was years ago and I no longer live/school in the U.S.

However, I don't recall ever calling her a sell-out that's American terminology (which I hardly use). You are free to believe that I have a chip on my shoulder. Everyone is entitled to their own respective opinions. My argument is plain and simple (and hopefully to the point). What I'm saying is that many people have been brainwashed whether they choose to admit it or not.

People so often categorise people with their respective groups instead of who that person is or maybe as an individual. In any case I have to go to bed. Sey yawtike! (see you again soon).

1 Like

Re: My African Friend Adviced Me To Marry A White Man by Nobody: 1:34am On Jun 08, 2016
Fulaman198:

LOL I'm laughing really hard in Fulfulde. To be honest, I don't think even think about her at all anymore. With the way my life currently is, women are not the #1 thing on my mind right now, but coming up with a discovery or learning something entirely new is what I'm thinking about currently. That was years ago and I no longer live/school in the U.S.

However, I don't recall ever calling her a sell-out that's American terminology (which I hardly use). You are free to believe that I have a chip on my shoulder. Everyone is entitled to their own respective opinions. My argument is plain and simple (and hopefully to the point). What I'm saying is that many people have been brainwashed whether they choose to admit it or not.

People so often categorise people with their respective groups instead of who that person is or maybe as an individual. In any case I have to go to bed. Sey yawtike! (see you again soon).

That's good. Glad you could have a laugh about it.

Have yourself a gr8 day, Fula.
Re: My African Friend Adviced Me To Marry A White Man by Ajuran: 3:50am On Jun 09, 2016
EnlightenedSoul:

Because the post I responded to, with all it's contents, is from several months ago and not...yesterday, right? Not that your evident lack of self-awareness - leagues below your looming sense of self-importance - really surprises me. Should I even ask what you're referring to, that you said several months ago, that I'm supposedly angry about?

Nah.

Just igaa warrig, man. Is that too much to ask? Back under the bridge with you, and lie in wait. Maybe the next passerby, a billy-goat perhaps, will fail to notice the boils and general ugliness. And I'd keep your hopes to yourself. It seems to me you need them a lot more than anyone you could think to give them to.

WTF. I am an atheist, and since it's ramadan, I will assume you typed that nonsense while you were very hungry and not thinking straight.
Re: My African Friend Adviced Me To Marry A White Man by Nobody: 4:37am On Jun 09, 2016
Ajuran:

WTF. I am an atheist, and since it's ramadan, I will assume you typed that nonsense while you were very hungry and not thinking straight.

Assume what you like.
Re: My African Friend Adviced Me To Marry A White Man by Nobody: 7:15am On Jun 09, 2016
Fulaman198 I agree with you.
It's that white privilege.

Obviously when they think of white American men they aren't thinking Rednecks from down south, child molesters, etc but when it comes to black American men they're thinking the worst stereotypes you could imagine. That's all it really is.

A bit besides the point but something I found fascinating was this one black woman who trashed black men online (still does) talking about how she'd argued/broken up with her past white boyfriends and how some of them even suffered drug/alcohol addictions. I mean, from the way some chicks put them on a pedestal you'd think they were absolutely flawless! Turns out they're human just like anyone else. Who would've thought..

Anyway, as for someone excluding an entire race or ethnicity of people? That alone certainly says alot about that person.
But for every one individual who doesn't prefer a certain race/ethnicity, there's at least 10 or 20 more like them who will so who cares?
I think they say things like that with intentions of bothering people because it's a pretty basic instinct to know what's right from wrong.

4 Likes

Re: My African Friend Adviced Me To Marry A White Man by Fulaman198(m): 8:08am On Jun 09, 2016
AkataGuy:
Fulaman198 I agree with you.
It's that white privilege.

Obviously when they think of white American men they aren't thinking Rednecks from down south, child molesters, etc but when it comes to black American men they're thinking the worst stereotypes you could imagine. That's all it really is.

A bit besides the point but something I found fascinating was this one black woman who trashed black men online (still does) talking about how she'd argued/broken up with her past white boyfriends and how some of them even suffered drug/alcohol addictions. I mean, from the way some chicks put them on a pedestal you'd think they were absolutely flawless! Turns out they're human just like anyone else. Who would've thought..

Anyway, as for someone excluding an entire race or ethnicity of people? That alone certainly says alot about that person.
But for every one individual who doesn't prefer a certain race/ethnicity, there's at least 10 or 20 more like them who will so who cares?
I think they say things like that with intentions of bothering people because it's a pretty basic instinct to know what's right from wrong.

Gonga!!! Unfortunately the world we live in is a hypocritical one. Unfortunately, the world we live in are full of brainwashed zombies who have others think for them. Unfortunately, our world is full of evil characters who degrade the image of an entire group of people in order to look good in front of others.

But like we say in the beautiful Fulani language of Fulfulde "Amma hunde kala e sa'i mun" which means but everything in its own time. Those who do evil and spread evil today will eventually pay for their crimes.

2 Likes

Re: My African Friend Adviced Me To Marry A White Man by Nobody: 9:33pm On Jun 09, 2016
My goodness. Wowzers, is this legit full circle circus. Like a scene from "The Crucible", or something.

Remember: cute & cuddly, private.

Alright. Just smile and wave...

Re: My African Friend Adviced Me To Marry A White Man by Supper: 1:02am On Jun 10, 2016
All I know is that it takes one hell of a delusion of grandeur to be a friggin somalian and attempt to grandstand against a group, like African-Americans, which by all accounts is clearly more productive, athletic, smarter, way more accomplished, and infinitely more influential on average and still babble on as if your sexual market value would even afford you the luxury to have your choice pick of mates across a wide variety of different ethnic groups. Maybe I'm misunderstanding this whole discussion. But, "do lowly beggars have the right to be picky if they want" seems to be the point of contention in this dialog. Not that I necessarily disagree with that notion, as being free to exercise ones own personal autonomy is a self evident birth right that isn't violated here in the Afr'Am community(unlike yours). So, I don't think this warrants anywhere close to the amount of expressive vigor and passion that you would think a simple personal choice to not deal with Afr'Am men would have. We don't harbor the kind of desire for obsessive control over women that would lead us honor kill or sexually mutilate our own females, so it's not like we'll seek you out and do it to you just for not liking us. I just never thought I'd see the day when subjects such as these would bring themselves to feint uppitiness towards Afr'Ams in such a matter of fact manner in the dating world of all places(don't they have MUCH bigger issues they could worrying about?). It just comes across as classical desperate overcompensation from people who're trying single out Afr'Am(men in this case) to cope with their massive inferiority complex. Correct me if I'm wrong, though.

I mean, Sheet. Anyway, I want whatever these muppets are chewing. I guess I ought to try some of that 'khat' stuff. smh Talk about being big headed(no pun intended of course grin )
Re: My African Friend Adviced Me To Marry A White Man by Nobody: 5:41am On Jun 10, 2016
Supper:
All I know is that it takes one hell of a delusion of grandeur to be a friggin somalian and attempt to grandstand against a group, like African-Americans, which by all accounts is clearly more productive, athletic, smarter, way more accomplished, and infinitely more influential on average and still babble on as if your sexual market value would even afford you the luxury to have your choice pick of mates across a wide variety of different ethnic groups. Maybe I'm misunderstanding this whole discussion. But, "do lowly beggars have the right to be picky if they want" seems to be the point of contention in this dialog. Not that I necessarily disagree with that notion, as being free to exercise ones own personal autonomy is a self evident birth right that isn't violated here in the Afr'Am community(unlike yours). So, I don't think this warrants anywhere close to the amount of expressive vigor and passion that you would think a simple personal choice to not deal with Afr'Am men should have. We don't harbor the kind of desire for obsessive control over women that would lead us honor kill or sexually mutilate our own females, so it's not like we'll seek you out and do it to you just for not liking us. I just never thought I'd see the day when subjects such as these would bring themselves to feint uppitiness towards Afr'Ams in such a matter of fact manner in the dating world of all places(don't they have MUCH bigger issues they could worrying about?). It just comes across as classical desperate overcompensation from people who're trying single out Afr'Am(men in this case) to cope with their massive inferiority complex. Correct me if I'm wrong, though.

I mean, Sheet. Anyway, I want whatever these muppets are chewing. I guess I ought to try some of that 'khat' stuff. smh Talk about being big headed(no pun intended of course grin )

Lolll. Well, I won't even address all the attach-y TIBBs in your post - that's your own deal, and as far as I'm concerned, you can believe whatever you damn well please as far as your perception of the machinations behind my opinion, my own background, and, lol, "sexual market value" and array of choice. But what happened here is, I didn't even randomly state, but was asked at some points throughout the discussion, explicitly (and repeatedly, even aggressively at some junctures, I would say) about marrying/dating your group, to which I simply responded that I myself wouldn't.

Unbeknownst to me, this would launch into a giant, unnecessarily prolonged discussion about supposedly being a terrible person for it, and that I was "brainwashed", and just all kinds of crazy, off-the-wall assumptions, assertions, and accusations flying about all over the place as to preferences and no-gos, and whether they're, ya know, OK or of the devil? Even demanding reasons for my stance, which I summarily refused on the grounds that it was irrelevant, to them anyway, and utterly superfluous.

In closing, I'll outline the parts of your post that correlate my own point of view on this. I simply cannot claim responsibilty for the persistance of this monomaniacal sideshow. It is the result of people who quite frankly appear to think very lowly of themselves indeed, needing any unseemly scapegoat to box at the shadows of their own malcontention, and under the guise of good 'ol morality and incensed justice to boot. Well, it is what it is.

4 Likes

Re: My African Friend Adviced Me To Marry A White Man by Nobody: 3:07pm On Jun 10, 2016
EnlightenedSoul:

Lolll. Well, I won't even address all the attach-y TIBBs in your post - that's your own deal, and as far as I'm concerned, you can believe whatever you damn well please as far as your perception of the machinations behind my opinion, my own background, and, lol, "sexual market value" and array of choice. But what happened here is, I didn't even randomly state, but was asked at some points throughout the discussion, explicitly (and repeatedly, even aggressively at some junctures, I would say) about marrying/dating your group, to which I simply responded that I myself wouldn't.

Unbeknownst to me, this would launch into a giant, unnecessarily prolonged discussion about supposedly being a terrible person for it, and that I was "brainwashed", and just all kinds of crazy, off-the-wall assumptions, assertions, and accusations flying about all over the place as to preferences and no-gos, and whether they're, ya know, OK or of the devil? Even demanding reasons for my stance, which I summarily refused on the grounds that it was irrelevant, to them anyway, and utterly superfluous.

In closing, I'll outline the parts of your post that correlate my own point of view on this. I simply cannot claim responsibilty for the persistance of this monomaniacal sideshow. It is the result of people who quite frankly appear to think very lowly of themselves indeed, needing any unseemly scapegoat to box at the shadows of their own malcontention, and under the guise of good 'ol morality and incensed justice to boot. Well, it is what it is.

Quickly looking back, I'm not seeing how you were 'aggressively' asked about it.
Actually it's to be expected considering the context of this thread and some of the replies you've given.

You said earlier in this thread:
I, for one, would 1000%, hands-down, marry a White guy over an African-American guy

Well, people are curious as to why that is..

You then followed with:

I've had experiences and I've made my own observations, and this unsavory, thuggish image you squarely accuse Western news of propagating, as if neutral news accounts are fictitious, is one that AAs spread themselves through their own music and otherwise, and actually live by, in droves. It's a whole full-fledged subculture in existence here, yet you claim it to be only slightly true, and mostly false.

There's been white school shooters, serial killers, child molesters, identity thefts, wife-beaters, meth-heads, etc. Also a manner of destructive cultures that white people subscribe to... yet they're still "1000%" more eligible for you to marry over an African-American guy. Of course, when you speak of white guys you're not talking about the bad types so obviously they get the privilege to be judged individually from you whereas AAs do not.

You later said..
Anyhoo, as aforementioned, I made that statement due to my own personal observations and experiences, as well as the secondhand experiences of others known to me. And, as it so happens, my limited interactions have thus far fit the stereotypes.

[img]http://www.thecoli.com/media/bischoff-wow.2871/full[/img]

I doubt you even hold any stereotypes for white people..

Anyway, people were just curious as to why you felt the way you did. If it makes you feel any better to insinuate that people are just insecure for doing so then knock yourself out, although I think already doing that has made this thread long enough.

4 Likes

Re: My African Friend Adviced Me To Marry A White Man by Nobody: 4:26pm On Jun 10, 2016
AkataGuy:

Quickly looking back, I'm not seeing how you were 'aggressively' asked about it.
Actually it's to be expected considering the context of this thread and some of the replies you've given

You said earlier in this thread:

Well, people are curious as to why that is..

You then followed with:

And you're free to that opinion.

But, uh, no, it's not to be expected. If you were to say you wouldn't date group X, and I ask why, and you say it's due to negative observations and experiences. Kaput, that's the end of the conversation! If you yourself chose to elaborate, that's another thing entirely, but I wouldn't try to repeatedly and willfully pursue the minutia of your stance to the ends of the earth when I can clearly see you're not being forthcoming with the specifics on your own.

There's been white school shooters, serial killers, child molesters, identity thefts, wife-beaters, meth-heads, etc. Also a manner of destructive cultures that white people subscribe to... yet they're still "1000%" more eligible for you to marry over an African-American guy. Of course, when you speak of white guys you're not talking about the bad types so obviously they get the privilege to be judged individually from you whereas AAs do not.

You later said..

[img]http://www.thecoli.com/media/bischoff-wow.2871/full[/img]

I doubt you even hold any stereotypes for white people..

I'm not the one who brought White guys into the mix. It was posed as White guys vs Black guys by the asker from the start, and I answered it based on what I've observed of each in my own life. And, yes, my contact and interaction with AA is limited as stated, but only in comparison to White people and other groups, which is not to say it's insignificant. And I never claimed the non-existence of White crime, that they're "perfect", or of their not having stereotypes of their own, which I'm aware of myself, but though I've known thugs, I have not personally known any child molesters, serial killers, and methheads, etc. Weed, yes. Alcohol, yes. But that's standard fare 'round here, and pretty 'cross the board.

Anyway, people were just curious as to why you felt the way you did. If it makes you feel any better to insinuate that people are just insecure for doing so then knock yourself out, although I think already doing that has made this thread long enough.

Curious isn't the operative word here. The assertions and general flow of the conversation reeked something fierce. If folks are upset and incensed to that extent, I don't see the benefit in elaborating, and I have the prerogative not to. We are all the sum of our experiences. As long as those experiences don't cause me to bring harm to anyone directly, or treat them differently in general, in social interaction, I'm okay with how I rationalize my own personal life choices. And contrary to opinion on here, I don't believe having this preference, among others I have, are an injustice to anyone. Many people have them to varying degrees for whatever reason, and it's OK. Not everyone is going to be open to all.

P.S: BTW, I do not have a problem with the below. If the number you cited wasn't 10 or 20, but 10,000 for every person who felt the way I do, I wouldn't mind. I honestly don't care about other people's dating habits. And if you felt bothered, it wasn't my intention that you be, but, really, I don't think it should. Maybe I shouldn't have answered in the first place, for your sake, but what's done is done.

AkataGuy:

2 Likes

Re: My African Friend Adviced Me To Marry A White Man by Nobody: 8:17pm On Jun 10, 2016
EnlightenedSoul:

Maybe I shouldn't have answered in the first place, for your sake, but what's done is done.

Nah, it's really not that serious.
Re: My African Friend Adviced Me To Marry A White Man by Nobody: 11:49pm On Jun 10, 2016
AkataGuy:

Nah, it's really not that serious.

Thank you, that's what I thought.

Good Afternoon.
Re: My African Friend Adviced Me To Marry A White Man by vislabraye(m): 12:34am On Jun 11, 2016
onila:
she said black men got big diccks!

which will make me uncomfortable and experience extreme pain during sex

she told me how her sister runs away from her husband when its time for sex because of his big sugercane

she said once she got her American visa, she dumped him and now happily married to a white man

I am someone who hates physical pain
and I am beginning consider white men for marriage

U just wan marry oyibo

1 Like

Re: My African Friend Adviced Me To Marry A White Man by Ajuran: 8:02pm On Jun 16, 2016
EnlightenedSoul:

Assume what you like.

Lets get married E-soul...why the hate. We only live once.
Re: My African Friend Adviced Me To Marry A White Man by Somguy: 8:48pm On Jun 16, 2016
LMAO @

All I know is that it takes one hell of a delusion of grandeur to be a friggin somalian and attempt to grandstand against a group, like African-Americans, which by all accounts is clearly more productive

The very fact that you're even competing with a group which is mostly comprised of recent arrivals from a war-torn country says a lot about the state of your community. You should be competing with Asians, whites, Latinos. Not with a community that hasn't even been in the US for one generation. Most Somalis in America have been in the states for about a decade. We shouldn't even be in the same conversation. You've had 400+ years as a headstart.

By all indications, Somalis will have outperformed the AA's within 1 generation just like every other group has done in the past. We have a higher rate of entrepreneurship, control our own wealth and are not preyed upon by outsiders who extract money out of our community. In Columbus alone we have established 400+ small businesses, including malls, we have our own banking /money transferring system, etc.. We've achieved that much in the span of 10-15 years. We have our own grocery shops, butchers, clothing shops etc.. Meanwhile, you guys rely on Arabs, Koreans, Indians etc to provide you with the most basic necessities. These people are literally sucking money out of your neighborhoods and ensuring that you never get ahead in life.

Plus we are free from many of the vices that plague your community such as high crime rates, HIV, alcoholism, drug abuse, teenage pregnancy etc.

I understand why you'd want to defend your people, but you need to get off your high horse and realise that you're not better than anybody else. You're in no position to be looking down on us.

But sure, keep pretending like a few star athletes and other entertainers, who don't even do anything for your community, represent you. As a community, you're at a low point right now. There's pretty much unanimous consensus on that part.
Re: My African Friend Adviced Me To Marry A White Man by Supper: 1:43am On Jun 17, 2016
Only requires boilerplate responses.

You'd be harder pressed to find a link between a civil war(which your hair trigger psychotic people started on their own) and a categorically backwards tradition like FGM(you people have been doing that WAYYY before your civil war) than you would historically oppression and modern marginalization in a variety of areas, especially of a minority group, with poverty and violence which btw is well attested to by just about any sociologist worth their weight in salt.

But, just as a thought experiment. Let's establish some historical facts and put things in their proper context and then make a simple inference.

-That the transatlantic slave trade and genocide of indigenous people didn't just happen in the US, but across the Western Hemisphere.

- The descents of those Africans and Natives still live in every single one of those countries today.

- It's no coincidence that all of said descendants just so happen to be the most economically disenfranchised people and live in communities plagued with issues like violence and drug addiction whether your talking about the Lakota or Navajo reservations in the US, the favelas of Brazil, the Barrios of Columbia, the First Nation rezs in Canada, or the Shanty towns of Jamaica and the Bahamas or the ghettos of the US etc etc. Therefor as Afro-diasporan TST descendants(not African immigrants) our condition is entirely in line with those of every other Afro-America or Indigenous group in the Americas.

Evidence would lend credence to the hypothesis that long term historical oppression of a group of people is positively correlated with long term effects such as economic disenfranchisement, broken homes, and violence. Unless of course you can find me a historically oppressed group on the level of genocide and/or chattel enslavement (preferably in the Americas) whos HDI is more or less equal to whites or even the immigrant communities in the respective countries. Until then, the point stands that African-American are performing no worse, maybe better, than is to be expected of a group that went through what we went through. Your people on the other hand in your thousands of years of existence, have been able to remain relatively isolated from overwhelming threats and suffering people like mine of faced for most of our mere hundreds of years existence(most of which we weren't even afforded our own personal autonomy aka chattel slavery) and are still being clearly outpaced in terms of accomplishments.

2 Likes

Re: My African Friend Adviced Me To Marry A White Man by Supper: 1:57am On Jun 17, 2016
Somguy:

Plus we are free from many of the vices that plague your community such as high crime rates,

The US-Somalis in America: A Horror Story of Crime, Violence, and Now Terrorism
http://newobserveronline.com/somalis-in-america-a-horror-story-of-crime-violence-and-now-terrorism/

Denmark-Wake-up call: Denmark shocked at 1000% Muslim Somali crime numbers
https://themuslimissue.wordpress.co...t-muslim-somali-crime-numbers/comment-page-1/

Norway-Somalis Destroy Norway
http://www.vanguardnewsnetwork.com/2006/04/somalis-destroy-norway/

The UK-Somalis to blame for crime rise, says MP
http://www.theguardian.com/uk/2002/sep/04/race.immigrationpolicy

Finland-How the Rape in Tapanila Started an Outrage Against Somalis(over represented in crime) in Finland
http://finlandtoday.fi/how-the-rape-in-tapanila-started-an-outrage-against-somalis-in-finland/

Canada-Rob Ford and Canada’s “Somali Problem
http://africasacountry.com/rob-ford-and-canadas-somali-problem/

Somguy:

HIV,

Minnesota is one of only a few states that separate HIV/AIDS statistics of African-Americans from African born. Between 2008 and 2012, African immigrants represented the largest group of immigrants living in the state of Minnesota with over half coming from eastern Africa (Gambino, Trevelyan, & Fitzwater, 2014).1 Eastern Africa is unique in that it is the second most affected region by HIV/AIDS in the world (United Nations Office on Drugs & Crime, 2013). In Minnesota, African-born immigrants experience the highest rate of HIV infection among any racial/ethnic group reported (56.2 per 100,000; Minnesota Department of Health, 2012). The epidemic of HIV/AIDS in Minnesota reflects national trends in transmission and progression. Although men who have sex with men continue to comprise the majority of people in Minnesota and the nation living with HIV/AIDS, other subpopulations including African-born residents, are observing a rise in their infection rates (Minnesota Department of Health, 2012).

HIV infection has gone down for AAs.
http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/pdf/statistics_2012_HIV_Surveillance_Report_vol_24.pdf#Page=26

It has went up drastically for Somalis.
http://amisom-au.org/2014/12/hiv-infections-on-the-rise-in-somalia/

And in 2013 there were 2,691 new infections out of a population of 3.1 million in South Central Somalia(tallying the number of infections in the other two regions{Puntland & Somaliland} was proven difficult due to the lack of health care facilities or instability.)

Lets do the math to come up with an hiv infection percentage shall we.

19079/45003665 = 0.00042 x 100 = 0.042 percent of African-American were newly infected with HIV

2691/3100000 = 0.00086 x 100 = 0.086 percent of people in South Central Somalia were newly infected with HIV

Somguy:

drug abuse

KHAT: CONSUMPTION AND PROBLEMS IN SOMALIA
http://www.drugtext.org/The-health-and-socio-economic-aspects-of-Khat-use/khat-consumption-and-problems-in-somalia.html

So, do kindly GTFOH with your bold face lies, with all due respect.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Have u Sleep With A Married Woman Before Share Your Experience / The Devil You Know Is Better Than The Angel You Don't Kown? / How Bad Is Cherubim And Seraphim Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 150
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.