Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,366 members, 7,836,475 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 08:34 AM

Boko Haram - Education Is Forbidden - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram - Education Is Forbidden (9749 Views)

Buhari Visits China's Forbidden City / Appointment Of Adamu Adamu As Minister Of Education Is A Disaster – Prof Oyebode / Graphics: Forbidden Photos From The Scene Of Kuje, Abuja Bomb Blasts. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boko Haram - Education Is Forbidden by Beaf: 6:37pm On Jul 27, 2009
Some detail on these uneducated murderers called Boko Haram.
Why are we in the same country? From Muhamadu Mawa Maitasine to these bastards - the North always produces them.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009/jul/27/boko-haram-nigeria-attacks

A self-styled "Taliban" intent on imposing sharia law on all Nigerians widened its offensive yesterday in violence that has left 150 people dead.

Boko Haram, an Islamic group opposed to western education, has launched attacks across four northern provinces over the last two days and declared its intention to fight to the death.

Civilians were pulled from their cars and shot, their corpses then left scattered around the streets, witnesses told the BBC. . .

The predominantly Muslim north has progressively ushered in a stricter enforcement of sharia law since 2000.

Boko Haram, which models itself on the Taliban but has no known link, began its string of attacks in the northeastern city of Bauchi on Sunday after some of its members were arrested.

Around 70 militants armed with guns and grenades targeted a police station but were driven back by officers and soliders who then raided neighbourhoods, resulting in at least 55 deaths and up to 200 arrests. The Bauchi state governor imposed a night-time curfew as a result.

Ustaz Mohammed Yusuf, leader of Boko Haram, which literally means "education is prohibited", claimed that the government had been targeting his followers and they would never surrender.

He told Nigeria's Daily Trust newspaper: "What I said previously that we are going to be attacked by the authorities has manifested itself in Bauchi, where about 40 of our brothers were killed, their mosque and homes burnt down completely and several others were injured and about 100 are presently in detention. Therefore, we will not agree with this kind of humiliation, we are ready to die together with our brothers and we would never concede to non-belief in Allah."

He added: "I will not give myself up. If Allah wishes, they will arrest me; if Allah does not wish, they will never arrest me. But I will never give up myself, not after 37 of my followers are killed in Bauchi. Is it right to kill them, is it right to shoot human beings? To surrender myself means what they did is right. Therefore, we are ready to fight to die.

"Democracy and the current system of education must be changed otherwise this war that is yet to start would continue for long."

Bauchi, Yobe, Borno and Kano are among the 12 of Nigeria's 36 states that started a stricter enforcement of Islamic law in 2000 – a decision that has alienated sizeable Christian minorities and sparked bouts of sectarian violence that has killed thousands.

Clashes in Bauchi in February killed at least 11 people and wounded dozens. A Muslim group attacked Christians and burned churches in reprisals over the burning of two mosques, which Muslims blamed on Christians.

Re: Boko Haram - Education Is Forbidden by Beaf: 6:40pm On Jul 27, 2009
As of 2009, the following states have instituted Sharia:

Kaduna State
Zamfara State (January 27, 2000)
Kano State (June 21, 2000)
Sokoto State
Katsina State
Bauchi State (June 2001)
Niger State (January 13, 2000)
Borno State
Jigawa State
Kebbi State
Gombe State
Yobe State

Can anybody tell me there's no problem with this? shocked

Re: Boko Haram - Education Is Forbidden by Fhemmmy: 6:43pm On Jul 27, 2009
So what will killing the youth achieve?
ignorance is a terrible things, it is the worse disease and kills more than HIV sef.
i wonder when the islamist will get out of this mentality.
Re: Boko Haram - Education Is Forbidden by Abuzola(m): 6:44pm On Jul 27, 2009
We call them 'ALE KATO'. This sect is herectic and stern. May God help us
Re: Boko Haram - Education Is Forbidden by Nobody: 6:46pm On Jul 27, 2009
to be honest, as long as the attacks remain in the north most of us pretty much dont care. The only sad thing is we are forced to remain in the same country as these animals.

the day they dare move down south would be the end of Nigeria as it stands. My personal feeling is that this shld happen soon.
Re: Boko Haram - Education Is Forbidden by Fhemmmy: 6:50pm On Jul 27, 2009
davidylan:

to be honest, as long as the attacks remain in the north most of us pretty much dont care. The only sad thing is we are forced to remain in the same country as these animals.

the day they dare move down south would be the end of Nigeria as it stands. My personal feeling is that this shld happen soon.

inasmuch as i would love to agree with you, we are still same Nigerian, and i feel for the people that are being killed, cos they are our brodas and sistas. I think the govt needs to do something about this.
Re: Boko Haram - Education Is Forbidden by naijatoday: 6:52pm On Jul 27, 2009
While all this is happening the president of our country is focused on Lagos and it 20 local government and 37 LCDA.
Re: Boko Haram - Education Is Forbidden by Abuzola(m): 7:04pm On Jul 27, 2009
David can you hear yourself' you sound so stupid. People are dying and you do not care. By the way what gave you the hope that islamist will be defeated when it comes to region war, the mujahideen fight with the pledge to sacrifice their life, maybe you should tell Chinedu to carry a bomb, 'nna this is not business you are talking, is a matter of life and death'
Re: Boko Haram - Education Is Forbidden by Jakumo(m): 7:15pm On Jul 27, 2009
Charles Darwin, the first person to study, document and report extensively on the process of species evolution, theorized that members of any population of living creatures that are either physically or mentally disadvantaged in comparison to the others, are generally less likely to survive long enough to reproduce.  Over centuries and multiple repetitions , this harsh but necessary "weeding out" of society's less adapted specimens ensures that only the fittest survive to bear future generations of the species.

In northern Nigeria today, hordes of illiterate young men, the majority of whom have fortunately not yet married or reproduced due to the draconian separation of the genders enforced by their religion, have taken to the streets to vent their frustration over not getting laid, and have thankfully died by the score under withering police and army gunfire.  This culling of madmen is a good thing in that it rids society of defective individuals en masse, thus safeguarding the lucky majority who remain comparatively free from the cognitive impairment of theocratic indoctrination so prevalent in northern Nigeria and other hell-holes like Afghanistan.
Re: Boko Haram - Education Is Forbidden by Becomrich: 7:16pm On Jul 27, 2009
This is funny, how can anyone not like education. It tell you the fraud in religion in nigeria. they preach some else and do something different.
Re: Boko Haram - Education Is Forbidden by naijaking1: 7:17pm On Jul 27, 2009
Abuzola:

David can you hear yourself' you sound so stupid. People are dying and you do not care. By the way what gave you the hope that islamist will be defeated when it comes to region war, the mujahideen fight with the pledge to sacrifice their life, maybe you should tell Chinedu to carry a bomb, 'nna this is not business you are talking, is a matter of life and death'

What a joke angry.
Well Chinedu will not carry a bomb for anybody, and neither will any of you well fed, fat, and corrupt Hausa boys who really enjoy life too much to care about suicide bombing.
Re: Boko Haram - Education Is Forbidden by Nobody: 7:18pm On Jul 27, 2009
is the leader of the sect still wandering free like Osama Bin Laden?

oh, I forgot- Osama has extensive connections, like most other militants and terrorists.
Re: Boko Haram - Education Is Forbidden by naijaking1: 7:19pm On Jul 27, 2009
Beaf:

As of 2009, the following states have instituted Sharia:

Kaduna State
Zamfara State (January 27, 2000)
Kano State (June 21, 2000)
Sokoto State
Katsina State
Bauchi State (June 2001)
Niger State (January 13, 2000)
Borno State
Jigawa State
Kebbi State
Gombe State
Yobe State

Can anybody tell me there's no problem with this? shocked

This is a beautiful map of how to divide Nigeria to achieve progress quickly, and without religious fanaticsm.
Re: Boko Haram - Education Is Forbidden by generalzango(m): 7:22pm On Jul 27, 2009
@ davidylan,u 're FOOL alwayz talking about disintegration,go back to ur primary school teacher,ask him/her with which fund Nigeria built up,its refinaries. With IGNORANTS like u,there wouldn't be unity. I don't blame u,it's just becos u are not benefitin 4rom the Gov't.
Re: Boko Haram - Education Is Forbidden by Fhemmmy: 7:25pm On Jul 27, 2009
Becomrich:

This is funny, how can anyone not like education. It tell you the fraud in religion in nigeria. they preach some else and do something different.

Cos they know education will free the mind of the "slaves" and they will be asking for why they are being held captive, and they surely dont wanna see that day.
Re: Boko Haram - Education Is Forbidden by Beaf: 7:26pm On Jul 27, 2009
naijaking1:

This is a beautiful map of how to divide Nigeria to achieve progress quickly, and without religious fanaticsm.

I seriously think that Southerners are much better off settling their problems (especially Igbo vs Yoruba), so that we can leave these sharia mongers to themselves. This madness doesn't manifest amongst the Muslims in Western Nigeria, there is something wrong up North.
Everything thats happening in Nigeria right now just portends very serious problems. It will be easier for the South to unite as one country and prosper.
Imagine society that can produce animals who are willing to die for a cause, which is to remain uneducated! Damn! Damn! Damn!
Re: Boko Haram - Education Is Forbidden by naijaking1: 7:28pm On Jul 27, 2009
generalzango:

@ davidylan,u 're FOOL alwayz talking about disintegration,go back to ur primary school teacher,ask him/her with which fund Nigeria built up,its refinaries. With IGNORANTS like u,there wouldn't be unity. I don't blame u,it's just becos u are not benefitin 4rom the Gov't.
So where the did the fund used to build the refinary come from? Please don't tell me it came from the north, otherwise I'll send you back to Boko Haram University to learn the truth.
Re: Boko Haram - Education Is Forbidden by blacksta(m): 7:29pm On Jul 27, 2009
Very sad - see people die like flies
Re: Boko Haram - Education Is Forbidden by Nobody: 7:30pm On Jul 27, 2009
Fhemmmy:

Cos they know education will free the mind of the "slaves" and they will be asking for why they are being held captive, and they surely dont wanna see that day.

good point

Beaf:

I seriously think that Southerners are much better off settling their problems (especially Igbo vs Yoruba),

another idealist.

Beaf:

Imagine society that can produce animals who are willing to die for a cause, which is to remain uneducated! Damn! Damn! Damn!

Nigerians are always willing to die for a cause.
Re: Boko Haram - Education Is Forbidden by asha80(m): 7:31pm On Jul 27, 2009
naijaking1:

So where the did the fund used to build the refinary come from? Please don't tell me it came from the north, otherwise I'll send you back to Boko Haram University to learn the truth.

grin
Re: Boko Haram - Education Is Forbidden by back2back(f): 7:31pm On Jul 27, 2009
And Yaradua was the one that started SHARIA in Katsina!
Re: Boko Haram - Education Is Forbidden by Abuzola(m): 7:32pm On Jul 27, 2009
Ladies and gentlemen, BOKO means western education and not just education. The Holy Prophet Muhammad urge every muslim in a hadith to seek for knowledge even if it is as far to china let him go.

This muslim sect said it was pushed to the wall to carry out this audacious atrocity, by depressing them and banning their preaching and mosques, this Tsasine sect like is widely known in the north is calling for ban of western education, in many institution you will find out that 45% of its students have fornicated which even the bible is against Ephesian 5:5, expose to lewdness and indecency which also the Bible is against Ephesian 5:4. And many more.
Re: Boko Haram - Education Is Forbidden by presido1: 7:32pm On Jul 27, 2009
naijaking1:

You are wrong, Haven't you asked yourself why the yorubas will like us to stick to One Nigeria?
They have Muslims that won't let the majority Christians live the christian way. They are afraid of the Muslims
in Odua Nation and cannot confront them all alone hence they will be quick to shout one Nigeria.
Re: Boko Haram - Education Is Forbidden by Nobody: 7:33pm On Jul 27, 2009
Yorubas again.^
Re: Boko Haram - Education Is Forbidden by blacksta(m): 7:34pm On Jul 27, 2009
Is this problem been addressed by Yar adua - any statments from the Government.
Re: Boko Haram - Education Is Forbidden by redsun(m): 7:35pm On Jul 27, 2009
Apart from global warming and rogue regimes like north korea,islam is the only other apparent threat to humanity.But with genuine worldwide drive against abject poverty and ignorance,the gullible might be set free from the hooks of islamism
Re: Boko Haram - Education Is Forbidden by Nobody: 7:41pm On Jul 27, 2009
Abuzola:

why should i care that they are dying? Where they not the ones who provoked the attack with the intention of killing others? Where they not the ones who said they are prepared to die? Are you not the same idiot telling us the mujahideen fight to sacrifice their lives? why then shld i care if all the mujahidens perish? Infact the world would know peace the day every mujahideen dies off this planet . . . all the way from Kano to Bauchi, Saudi Arabia to Iran, Gaza to Pakistan . . . these hopeless mujahideen remain the world's worst animals!

Sorry but it seems you forget the south has oil deposits that feed the US and Europe . . . as long as that remains none of them will sit by and watch the mujahideen over-run the south. The international community is worried about MEND . . . apart from the fear of terrorists they could care less about the north and boko haram.

so pls keep quiet . . . shld there be a north - south war your lands will cease to exist! We will fight to the death too for our freedom at last so shut up!
Re: Boko Haram - Education Is Forbidden by Nobody: 7:42pm On Jul 27, 2009
generalzango:

When the refineries were being built you people were too busy eating groundnuts so keep quiet.

Why are you interested in Nigeria remaining one by force? Is it that you love us or without oil you'd be no better than the almajiris in Chad?
Re: Boko Haram - Education Is Forbidden by Beaf: 7:45pm On Jul 27, 2009
Abuzola:

Ladies and gentlemen, BOKO means western education and not just education. The Holy Prophet Muhammad urge every muslim in a hadith to seek for knowledge even if it is as far to china let him go.

This muslim sect said it was pushed to the wall to carry out this audacious atrocity, by depressing them and banning their preaching and mosques, this Tsasine sect like is widely known in the north is calling for ban of western education, in many institution you will find out that 45% of its students have fornicated which even the bible is against Ephesian 5:5, expose to lewdness and indecency which also the Bible is against Ephesian 5:4. And many more.

In this modern World, what is the alternative to Western education? Does Sharia teach nuclear physics, high technology etc or does it just amputate the hand of thieves, flog women and stone victims to death?
Also, please don't quote Christianity; some of us are not Christians (I for one), so your argument holds no water. Also, the worst Christian groups (such as T.B. Joshua's) don't go about burning, looting, raping and killing  in a fight against education.

Re: Boko Haram - Education Is Forbidden by Tsiya(m): 7:46pm On Jul 27, 2009
redsun:

Apart from global warming and rogue regimes like[b] north korea[/b],islam is the only other apparent threat to humanity.But with genuine worldwide drive against abject poverty and ignorance,the gullible might be set free from the hooks of islamism

Global warming is not a threat. It is just another sequence in the evolution trend. North Korea is not a threat to humanity. It is just a threat to countrys that believe north Korea is a threat. China, India, Russia, that made up more than 2/5 of the world population doesnt see North Korea as a threat. U can believe what CNN and BBC tells, cos u got no brain for yourself.

In as much as you guys detest and hate Islam and the followers of Islam, there is nothing much your hate can do. The followers of this religion will forever fight for their identity. They are not gullible, naive and coward to be push around.
Re: Boko Haram - Education Is Forbidden by Beaf: 7:47pm On Jul 27, 2009
blacksta:

Is this problem been addressed by Yar adua - any statments from the Government.

Statements are expected in a fortnight (maybe a year), in the meantime govt is busy with the number of lg's in lagos. Nothing must threaten their oil money.
Re: Boko Haram - Education Is Forbidden by Tsiya(m): 7:55pm On Jul 27, 2009
davidylan:

When the refineries were being built you people were too busy eating groundnuts so keep quiet.

Why are you interested in Nigeria remaining one by force? Is it that you love us or without oil you'd be no better than the almajiris in Chad?

What we are doing is protecting our interest. The US went to invade a country just to secure its oil resources. We dont need to go that much far. We dont need to amass huge military machines to get the resources we need. We are not cowards. We know what we want that is why we want a 1 Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigeria’s Population To Hit 170 Million This Year / Photos Of Dead Body After Bloody Pro-biafra Protest / DSS To Arrest 8 More Judges, 7 Still In Custody-daily Trust

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.