Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,488 members, 7,836,909 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:26 PM

Boko Haram - Education Is Forbidden - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram - Education Is Forbidden (9751 Views)

Buhari Visits China's Forbidden City / Appointment Of Adamu Adamu As Minister Of Education Is A Disaster – Prof Oyebode / Graphics: Forbidden Photos From The Scene Of Kuje, Abuja Bomb Blasts. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boko Haram - Education Is Forbidden by Remii(m): 10:26pm On Jul 27, 2009
asha 80:

What i want to know is why is there always violence and skirmishes perpetrated by northern muslim extremests in nigeria but hardly happens in this other west african countries and cameroun even though they also have their own muslims(mostly in their northern parts as nigeria) in their countries ?

That is a good, question and my own answer is that most riots have political undertone not religious. The biased press does not help matters in most cases too.
Re: Boko Haram - Education Is Forbidden by Beaf: 10:31pm On Jul 27, 2009
Abuzola:

Am not in anyway in support of the Tatsine sect they are herectic, i just finish listening to their leader on Bbc hausa service with his evidences and reason for waging war on police. But the way you guy are taking it as if it is whole north that is behind this is what is aching me, heavens know that majority of you and your pastors are fornicators, early marriage is the only solutiö to this, no wonder we have many bastards in the south. Incase you do not know Kali kato or Tatsine group do not watch Tv, board car or any kind of technology innovation, they walk around with their staffs in a tradition of past prophets, they do not have wrist watch, they curse anybody who sell cigar and hemp, bla bla bla and many more, we have clashed with them here in my domain 6 years ago, it was a bloody encounter but with the support of soldiers we succeeded, there are speculation that they use charm during fight

Hmmm!
Then why do you keep posting to "No Subject"? You even seemed to defend their fight against "Western education" (as if theres a credible alternative).
Nobody is saying the whole North is behind them. We are saying, the North for some reason, seems to provide fertile ground for violent and extreme religion. What is this reason? No other part of the country regular indulges in religious killing spree's; especially not because of a fight against "Western education".
Re: Boko Haram - Education Is Forbidden by elnaf(m): 10:38pm On Jul 27, 2009
@Beaf

I seriously think that Southerners are much better off settling their problems (especially Igbo vs Yoruba), so that we can leave these sharia mongers to themselves. This madness doesn't manifest amongst the Muslims in Western Nigeria, there is something wrong up North.
Everything thats happening in Nigeria right now just portends very serious problems. It will be easier for the South to unite as one country and prosper.
Imagine society that can produce animals who are willing to die for a cause, which is to remain uneducated! Damn
You ar too sentimental  to be frank majority of MUSLIMS condemn Ds act Its unIslamic  so stop generalizing & attacking Islams & Muslims sentimentally an sure u wont b happy if ur Religion is CONDEMNED
Going straight 2 d point  "BOKO HARAMUN" means wester Education is prohibited western educatino in d sence dat its d genesis of all problems happining in NIGERIA  members of Ds group claim there is no way you can b some 1 (PRESIDENT ,MINISTERS,SOLDIER ,POLITICIAN,GOVERNORS, POLICE, etc)  in NIGERIA witout western Education  an Ds ppl ar responsible for  d LAWLESSNESS,CORRUPTION,INSECURITY,UNEMPLOYMENT, UNDERDEVELOPMENT
So Ds theire mission dats y they said they ve 2 start wit the law enforcement agency MIND YOU NO NIGERIAN IS EXCEPTIONAL BEING YOU A CHRISTIAN MUSLIM OR PAGAN ONCE YOU DONT DANCE TO THEIR TUNE you finished their 1st attack @ Bauchi was  a MOSQUE their fellow muslim Brothers
  SO Beaf Dnt b so sentimental try 2 a little bit fair well 2 b frank viewing ds situation in another perspective 2 me If their aim is 2 fight d government   (WHO VE BEING ruling SINCE INDEPENDENCE)against all ds suffering we ar undergoing in Nigeria I support  Absolutely  I think I can sacrifice myself 4 a REVOLUTION So its dosent make any difference BOKO HARAMUN= REVOLUTON =FIGHTING CORRUPTION,INSECURITY,UNDERDEVELOPMENT,  etc
So Never you associate Ds with SHARIA & Northern Muslims 2 B frank Ds just D beginning d only solution 2 ds problem is good governance,justice,equity,IN OUR COUNTRY NIGERIA
Re: Boko Haram - Education Is Forbidden by Bialegend(m): 10:57pm On Jul 27, 2009
elnaf:

@BeafYou ar too sentimental to be frank majority of MUSLIMS condemn Ds act Its unIslamic so stop generalizing & attacking Islams & Muslims sentimentally an sure u wont b happy if ur Religion is CONDEMNED
Going straight 2 d point "BOKO HARAMUN" means wester Education is prohibited western educatino in d sence dat its d genesis of all problems happining in NIGERIA members of Ds group claim there is no way you can b some 1 (PRESIDENT ,MINISTERS,SOLDIER ,POLITICIAN,GOVERNORS, POLICE, etc) in NIGERIA witout western Education an Ds ppl ar responsible for d LAWLESSNESS,CORRUPTION,INSECURITY,UNEMPLOYMENT, UNDERDEVELOPMENT
So Ds theire mission dats y they said they ve 2 start wit the law enforcement agency MIND YOU NO NIGERIAN IS EXCEPTIONAL BEING YOU A CHRISTIAN MUSLIM OR PAGAN ONCE YOU DONT DANCE TO THEIR TUNE you finished their 1st attack @ Bauchi was a MOSQUE their fellow muslim Brothers
SO Beaf Dnt b so sentimental try 2 a little bit fair well 2 b frank viewing ds situation in another perspective 2 me If their aim is 2 fight d government (WHO VE BEING ruling SINCE INDEPENDENCE)against all ds suffering we ar undergoing in Nigeria I support Absolutely I think I can sacrifice myself 4 a REVOLUTION So its dosent make any difference BOKO HARAMUN= REVOLUTON =FIGHTING CORRUPTION,INSECURITY,UNDERDEVELOPMENT, etc
So Never you associate Ds with SHARIA & Northern Muslims 2 B frank Ds just D beginning d only solution 2 ds problem is good governance,justice,equity,IN OUR COUNTRY NIGERIA
Your arrant nonsense above sounds idiotic. So, if your moronic BOKO HARAMU muslim brothers for e.g fought and win against the govt (you said above they are fighting those who have been ruling since independence) whom they presumed are in their various govt. positions because they obtained western type of education, what type of education then are they going to prefer that people replacing those govt. positions must obtain? I guess, your islamic warped, primitive and misguilded type of education? or do you have any other alternative that is better than western type of education?
Re: Boko Haram - Education Is Forbidden by TheSeeker(m): 11:12pm On Jul 27, 2009
Nigeria is a sad country
Re: Boko Haram - Education Is Forbidden by Beaf: 11:13pm On Jul 27, 2009
elnaf:

@BeafYou ar too sentimental to be frank majority of MUSLIMS condemn Ds act Its unIslamic so stop generalizing & attacking Islams & Muslims sentimentally an sure u wont b happy if ur Religion is CONDEMNED
Going straight 2 d point "BOKO HARAMUN" means wester Education is prohibited western educatino in d sence dat its d genesis of all problems happining in NIGERIA members of Ds group claim there is no way you can b some 1 (PRESIDENT ,MINISTERS,SOLDIER ,POLITICIAN,GOVERNORS, POLICE, etc) in NIGERIA witout western Education an Ds ppl ar responsible for d LAWLESSNESS,CORRUPTION,INSECURITY,UNEMPLOYMENT, UNDERDEVELOPMENT
So Ds theire mission dats y they said they ve 2 start wit the law enforcement agency MIND YOU NO NIGERIAN IS EXCEPTIONAL BEING YOU A CHRISTIAN MUSLIM OR PAGAN ONCE YOU DONT DANCE TO THEIR TUNE you finished their 1st attack @ Bauchi was a MOSQUE their fellow muslim Brothers
SO Beaf Dnt b so sentimental try 2 a little bit fair well 2 b frank viewing ds situation in another perspective 2 me If their aim is 2 fight d government (WHO VE BEING ruling SINCE INDEPENDENCE)against all ds suffering we ar undergoing in Nigeria I support Absolutely I think I can sacrifice myself 4 a REVOLUTION So its dosent make any difference BOKO HARAMUN= REVOLUTON =FIGHTING CORRUPTION,INSECURITY,UNDERDEVELOPMENT, etc

Correction. I have not condemned Islam anywhere (please quote where I have). What I have condemned is the adoption of Sharia in a secular state. Boko Haram also want to extend sharia across Nigeria.
It is almost as if southern Nigeria is viewed by Northerners as occupied by people of no consequence.
I am also at a loss as to why religious violence is common up North, there has to be a reason; Northern Nigeria is not the only place with a huge Muslim population. What is going on with the North?
Another point I made is my unhapiness with these wretches stupid arguments against Western education because, we in the south have to give up school places so that the North can benefit. Instead, these demons go about killing to maintain illiteracy.
Finally, are you seriously ready to lay down your life in a fight against "CORRUPTION,INSECURITY,UNDERDEVELOPMENT, etc" as defined by these bleeped up souls?

PS. I am neither Christian, Muslim nor Pagan.
Re: Boko Haram - Education Is Forbidden by thetruth90: 11:17pm On Jul 27, 2009
for muslims, every sane thing is forbidden. they are, simply put, a bunch of savage animals.
Re: Boko Haram - Education Is Forbidden by Nobody: 11:38pm On Jul 27, 2009
western education is (haram) forbbiden and they want to carry a petroleum university, up there? high time this idiots find their way. mend abeg where una they? start the bombing o! abeg we no fit wait. boko idiots!!!!! angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Boko Haram - Education Is Forbidden by NINETOFIVE(m): 11:56pm On Jul 27, 2009
I seriously think that Southerners are much better off settling their problems (especially Igbo vs Yoruba), so that we can leave these sharia mongers to themselves. This madness doesn't manifest amongst the Muslims in Western Nigeria, there is something wrong up North.
Everything thats happening in Nigeria right now just portends very serious problems. It will be easier for the South to unite as one country and prosper.
Imagine society that can produce animals who are willing to die for a cause, which is to remain uneducated! Damn

If theirs is a possibility of true reconciliation in the South then it would be advisable to polarize the country, this madness can't go on for ever, the smartest thing to do is to push for southern solidarity, though we are most of the time at each others throat on the Internet, but in reality it does not get that nasty, we should do something drastic or this guys in the north would take us all down with them, smarten up people.
Re: Boko Haram - Education Is Forbidden by naijaking1: 12:00am On Jul 28, 2009
Ghana is doing better than Nigeria, because they have not allowed their Hausa people close to the seat of power.
Re: Boko Haram - Education Is Forbidden by naijaking1: 12:06am On Jul 28, 2009
NINETOFIVE:

If theirs is a possibility of true reconciliation in the South then it would be advisable to polarize the country, this madness can't go on for ever, the smartest thing to do is to push for [b]southern solidarity
, though we are most of the time at each others throat on the Internet, but in reality it does not get that nasty, we should do something drastic or this guys in the north would take us all down with them, smarten up people.

How about christian solidarity
Somehow, the northern christians are the most docile group of people I have ever seen. Teaming up with south christians will not be worse than what they get at the moment----- denial of religious rights, forced conversion to islam, prosecution and homicide under the name of a pervase religion. The northern christian is not even able to build his church on his own land, yet there is unrestricted proliferation of mosques everywhere.
Re: Boko Haram - Education Is Forbidden by RichyBlacK(m): 12:10am On Jul 28, 2009
Why extremist Islam has no future on the "third planet"!

Today, extremists in Islam have to battle two losing fronts: the moderates in Islam and the non-Muslims. Today, we are seeing the waning of extremist views in countries like Tunisia, Morocco, Algeria, Kuwait and Jordan. This will only continue and, hopefully, bolster the size of the moderates in Islam. On the non-Muslim side, there are at least six fronts:

1. The Russian front (on alert from lessons in Afghanistan and Chechnya; watching neighboring Muslim states closely)
2. The Chinese front (the Communist Party has very low tolerance for any form of extremism; not much extremists can do here)
3. The Indian front (have been on alert for at least 60 years; acts of barbarism within India has heightened vigilance; tension between extremist Muslims and extremist Hindus have effectively checkmated any ambitions of extremists on either side)
4. The European front (rising Muslim population; gradual integration of Muslims in Europe will increase the population of moderates in Islam)
5. The American front (on alert since the mid-90s; monitoring several extremist groups across the globe; most intimidating front to all extremists in Islam; choicest target for all extremists in Islam)
6. The African front (with several flash points in Sudan, Somalia, Kenya, Tanzania and Nigeria, many non-Muslims and moderates in Islam are ready to subdue extremists in Africa; most significant extremist-engineered crisis is that of Darfur; increased literacy and enhanced poverty alleviation programs will help decrease the influence of extremists)

Given all these fronts, the increased cooperation among key players on these fronts, and all the events that have triggered vigilance and heightened preparedness, I dare say that there is no future for the extremists in Islam! And to all who want peace on earth, that is a very good thing!

Source
Re: Boko Haram - Education Is Forbidden by NINETOFIVE(m): 12:23am On Jul 28, 2009
naijaking1:

How about christian solidarity
Somehow, the northern christians are the most docile group of people I have ever seen. Teaming up with south christians will not be worse than what they get at the moment----- denial of religious rights, forced conversion to islam, prosecution and homicide under the name of a pervase religion. The northern christian is not even able to build his church on his own land, yet there is unrestricted proliferation of mosques everywhere.

Unfortunately, I think more on line of what is workable, If you don't have natural propensity of being a murderer no religion would make you do it. The fact that the non Muslims in the north are docile is the Irony because when they eventually become Muslims they would be as well easy to indoctrinate, the most dangerous person is a person without a personal say.
Re: Boko Haram - Education Is Forbidden by bronx: 12:25am On Jul 28, 2009
Not every so called 'islamic sect/religious group' represents islam, and the same goes for any other religion. God is the giver of knowledge and so physics, technology etc are all from GOD. May God deal justly with those who have done wrong in this issue and may He guide us all, amin.
Re: Boko Haram - Education Is Forbidden by nex(m): 12:39am On Jul 28, 2009
Boko Haram more accurately translates to: Secular Education's an Abomination.

They want the type of education they had before the British came in. Saudis don't attend secular schools, but they're more educated than Nigerians.

Give the people what they want.
Re: Boko Haram - Education Is Forbidden by Beaf: 12:55am On Jul 28, 2009
nex:

They want the type of education they had before the British came in. Saudis don't attend secular schools, but they're more educated than Nigerians.

. . .And Saudi women can't vote? shocked . . .Warped mindset.
Education is different from indoctrination.
Re: Boko Haram - Education Is Forbidden by Beaf: 1:02am On Jul 28, 2009
This group has a direct connection with alqaeda!

http://worlddefensereview.com/pham020107.shtml
Re: Boko Haram - Education Is Forbidden by Gayigaskia(m): 1:10am On Jul 28, 2009
Posted by: naijaking1
Insert Quote
Ghana is doing better than Nigeria, because they have not allowed their Hausa people close to the seat of power./quote]

Alhaji Aliu Mahama (born 3 March 1946) was Vice-President of Ghana from 7 January 2001 to 7 January 2009.
Mahama sought to become the candidate of the New Patriotic Party (NPP) for the 2008 presidential election at the party's congress in December 2007,[1][2] but he received only 6.38% of delegates' votes (146 votes). After this defeat he said that he had not expected such a poor result and that he would leave politics.[2]

And the present Foreign minister of Ghana is alhaji Mahaman Mumuni

NEXT time do some research![quote][/quote]
Re: Boko Haram - Education Is Forbidden by Bialegend(m): 1:33am On Jul 28, 2009
Gayigaskia:

Alhaji Aliu Mahama (born 3 March 1946) was Vice-President of Ghana from 7 January 2001 to 7 January 2009.
Mahama sought to become the candidate of the New Patriotic Party (NPP) for the 2008 presidential election at the party's congress in December 2007,[1][2] but he received only 6.38% of delegates' votes (146 votes). After this defeat he said that he had not expected such a poor result and that he would leave politics.[2]

NEXT time do some research!

Ewu awusa, your example above is not calling shots in the scheme of things in the government. Being a vice president is rubbish and only a siddon look post. (Jonathan Goodluck). Look at your nigeria where the slowpoke awusas are calling the shots and tell me how your shallow nigeria is today. Ghana can never allow those imbeciles to call shots for them, lest they become like nigeria overnight.
Now, read the above bolded and see for yourself that Ghanaians can never allow mediocrity to rule over them. That's why they are a success story today.
Re: Boko Haram - Education Is Forbidden by Gayigaskia(m): 1:42am On Jul 28, 2009
Ewu awusa, your example above is not calling shots in the scheme of things in the government. Being a vice president is rubbish and only a siddon look post. (Jonathan Goodluck). Look at your nigeria where the slowpoke awusas are calling the shots and tell me how your shallow nigeria is today. Ghana can never allow those imbeciles to call shots for them, lest they become like nigeria overnight.
Now, read the above bolded and see for yourself that Ghanaians can never allow mediocrity to rule over them. That's why they are a success story today./quote]

Actually, i forgot they had a Hausa President : 
Hilla Limann (12 December 1934 – 23 January 1998) was the President of Ghana from 24 September 1979 to 31 December 1981. Eventually he became a diplomat, and served in Switzerland. Limann, whose original last name was Babini, was born in the northern Ghanaian town of Gwollu in the Sissala West District of the Upper West Region to a poor family. He managed to gain an excellent education, and took up an academic career.
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Re: Boko Haram - Education Is Forbidden by adconline(m): 3:03am On Jul 28, 2009
Remli, why do u have to blame evrything on politics even when religion is deeply entreched in northern politics. Why is sharia a political issue even when it has to do with religion? Always absolving north of reponsibilities by blaming the press. The press caused the cancellation of miss world in Nigeria and thereby causing the killing of innocent people.
Re: Boko Haram - Education Is Forbidden by imranmo(m): 3:06am On Jul 28, 2009
As a muslim it pains me to see this happening. No muslim can blame a non-muslim for being skeptical , nevertheless Please consider that these poor fools are misguided on every front.  It is impossible to impose sharia on the south of Nigeria. Their opposition to western Education is even worse. The vast contribution of Islam to Science on every pole is irrefutable. May Allah help us through these testing times as a Nation.
Re: Boko Haram - Education Is Forbidden by naijaking1: 3:19am On Jul 28, 2009
Gayigaskia:

NEXT time do some research!

No, you do your research, you BOKO HARAM graduate!
If an Hausa man got 6.38% of the votes in Nigeria, he would find a way to change the figures to something like 63.8%, because he's so desparate for power in naija. The Hausas in Ghana actually work, sometimes. They don't sit down, and count their praying beads all day long while manipulating everything from rigging the next election to raping their neighbours 8 year old girl
Re: Boko Haram - Education Is Forbidden by Nobody: 9:08am On Jul 28, 2009
naijaking1:

Ghana is doing better than Nigeria, because they have not allowed their Hausa people close to the seat of power.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aliu_Mahama

Current VP is also Hausa.
Re: Boko Haram - Education Is Forbidden by smooooooth: 9:14am On Jul 28, 2009
illiteracy and the laziness to learn shld not be under the guise of religion. this people have remained stupid for a long time. they shld all be shot. i

pray they continue, cos they will bring the much needed dis-integration that we sought. their real problem is they want everyone to be as backward as they

are. NO WAY!!! idiots!!!!

@jakumo

no one wld have diagnosed their problems better. cheesy

@tpia. abeg give the idiots all the facts.
Re: Boko Haram - Education Is Forbidden by smooooooth: 9:25am On Jul 28, 2009
This guy’s shdlnt think they have the monopoly of violence cos Islam preaches violence. Christains are just living the Christ live of love peace, and unity. But that doesn’t mean we they shld be pushed to the wall, cos Christians are ready to die for what they believe in. see martyrs like, Steven, peter, Paul, ETC. they Berra not try to impose their stupid religion or bring their dirty ass down here to the south. Cos they will get more than they can chew when Christians decide to die for JESUS!

MORONS!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Boko Haram - Education Is Forbidden by Ibime(m): 9:26am On Jul 28, 2009
nex:

I've always thought you were an idiot and now you've confirmed. . . . if na Niger-Delta now, you would say "Crush those cockroaches". . . . but if its Boko Haram, you say "Give them what they want!". . . . e be like say you be Hausa man wey dey pose for Bini sef.
Re: Boko Haram - Education Is Forbidden by asha80(m): 9:31am On Jul 28, 2009
Ibime:

I've always thought you were an idiot and now you've confirmed. . . . if na Niger-Delta now, you would say "Crush those cockroaches". . . . but if its Boko Haram, you say "Give them what they want!". . . . e be like say you be Hausa man wey dey pose for Bini sef.

grin

Sometimes some of us in the south in the process of sounding politically correct actually sound funny.
Re: Boko Haram - Education Is Forbidden by GEW: 9:34am On Jul 28, 2009
nex:

yea right! like the mostly saudis PHD in islamic stdies you mean?
asha 80:

grin

Sometimes some of us in the south in the process of sounding politically correct actually sound funny.
it is not funny they help groom the italian exports in benin. they are no1 clients
Re: Boko Haram - Education Is Forbidden by Nobody: 9:35am On Jul 28, 2009
GEW:

yea right! like the mostly saudis PHD in islamic stdies you mean?

so you think Saudis mostly major in Islamic studies in university?
Re: Boko Haram - Education Is Forbidden by Ibime(m): 9:39am On Jul 28, 2009
asha 80:

grin

I no think say him be South sef. . . . make him check him ancestry grin

Bloody idiot. . . . no one has to "give them what they want". . . . they can simply opt out of school if them no like Western Education. . . . there are many Madrassas where they can go for their "Eastern Education". . . . the problem is that they want to force the rest of Hausaland to forego Western Education as well. . . .you cannot allow this kind of ideology to blossom otherwise na slippery slope to Afghanistan be that.
Re: Boko Haram - Education Is Forbidden by Kx: 9:40am On Jul 28, 2009
nex:

because its hausas,u submit that they shud be given what they want.
Its its MEND,MASSOB and OPC,u suggest,massacre.

A thinking that is devoid of equality and transparent dealing with the interest of all agitating groups.
Its a pity. sad sad sad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ex BOKO HARAM Leader, now converted to the Christian, Fingers IBB and others / 7 Persons Dead As 2 Suicide Bombers Attack Borno / President Buhari To Attend UNEP In Kenya, Jets Out For UK For 2-Weeks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.