Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,521 members, 7,836,982 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:22 PM

Boko Haram - Education Is Forbidden - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram - Education Is Forbidden (9752 Views)

Buhari Visits China's Forbidden City / Appointment Of Adamu Adamu As Minister Of Education Is A Disaster – Prof Oyebode / Graphics: Forbidden Photos From The Scene Of Kuje, Abuja Bomb Blasts. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boko Haram - Education Is Forbidden by Nobody: 6:36pm On Aug 16, 2009
The Niger Deltans want the wealth that is theirs. [b]The Northern Muslims want the education that is theirs. [/b]I support them both. WHAT I DO NOT SUPPORT IS VIOLENCE, MURDER, ARSON, UPRISING, AND PRESENTING THEIR PEOPLE'S DEMANDS IN THE MOST SAVAGE MANNER. What is wrong with you all?  

Are you forgetting they also have designs on forcing sharia on every Nigerian?
Re: Boko Haram - Education Is Forbidden by nex(m): 6:39pm On Aug 16, 2009
It's like telling me that MEND wants to colonize the entire Northern Nigeria.
Re: Boko Haram - Education Is Forbidden by nex(m): 8:05pm On Aug 16, 2009
@Beaf

I went through the entire thread all over again and I just had to clarify something that a lot of people misunderstand.

Nuclear Physics is studied in the Islamic Education System. Biology is studied, Chemistry, Mathematics.

Have you never wondered why the first chemists were Al Chemists, we carry out all calculations in Arabic Numerals?

Calculus is from people who studied in Islamic Educational Systems, Al Gebra. How then do you believe that the Islamic Educational System is just studying Sharia?

Studying Sharia in the Islamic Educational System is like studying Law in any Nigerian University. There are several courses besides law aren't there?

Covenant University, Madonna University, Benson Idahosa University, they are all Christian Universities, but are you telling me they only study the Bible? Of course there are some people that will major in theology, but don't tell me all the students of these schools will graduate to become pastors.

I just want you to be clear that a University built on the guidelines of Islam is the same as a University for the Study of The Islamic Legal System.

I'd even thought of setting up The Al Majr University in Maiduguri with the cooperation of the Saudi Government, not because I care so much, but that is what entrepreneurship is and my basic principle in business is "give the people what they want".

A lot of people do not even know what they say. The first University history can remember in Nigeria was in Maiduguri about 1000 years ago when Maiduguri was the capital of Sudan and scholars used to come from all over Africa to school in Maiduguri.

Some of the books that Uthman dan Fodio wrote on Politics, Warfare, Sociology and Law are being re-published and sold by Europeans and Americans on Amazon.com while we are here believing that anything apart from Western Education is Sharia.

The medical doctors that graduate from Universities in Syria and Saudi, is it Sharia they read and start performing operations?
Re: Boko Haram - Education Is Forbidden by Beaf: 4:20am On Aug 17, 2009
No. The first university in Africa was University of Timbuktu, Mali (founded between the 12th-16th centuries).

When you say Islamic Education System, it connotes religious eductation. From a laymans view point, I imagine that all subjects will be given a religious colouring which is wrong.
Re: Boko Haram - Education Is Forbidden by dekronik: 1:10pm On Dec 10, 2019
Just stumbled upon this thread. Interesting to see that 10 years later, BH are still active.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

NDDC Has Started Recovery Work On Calabar-itu Road / We’re Inviting Kashamu For Alleged Assassination Plot –police / Senate Resumes Plenary After Festive Break(See Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.