Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,107 members, 7,811,115 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:00 AM

Nigerian Beans To Be Allowed Into Europe - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Beans To Be Allowed Into Europe (31995 Views)

Osinbajo Will Not Be Allowed To Replace Buhari In 2019 - Northern Elders Forum / Third Class Graduates Should Not Be Allowed To Hold Important Political Posts / CCT Trial: Why Saraki Cannot Be Allowed To Go Like Tinubu – Justice Umar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Beans To Be Allowed Into Europe by Stevebamdex(m): 12:14am On Apr 01, 2016
omenka:
I will vote him a gazillion times over. cheesy

My only fear is, hope we don't run out of beans to feed Kanu with because of this. As we export, we should bear in mind our prisoners in Kuje.
Haba!! You get bad mouthgrin
Biafra loyalist are coming for you..!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Beans To Be Allowed Into Europe by kpolli(m): 12:21am On Apr 01, 2016
This ban started when Buhari was already President so let's not make it sound as if he resurrected something GEJ failed
Re: Nigerian Beans To Be Allowed Into Europe by yaki84: 12:39am On Apr 01, 2016
short drama..... read n be bless.
typical yellowbar man n his family...
dad.. things rr so bad, fuel is so scarce and if u eventually see it sef the price is something else.
I know buhari is trying cos the way that otuoke zoologist wrecked n raped this country ehn, it will take yrs if not decades to fix it back.
son... but dad during gej's tenure things were not this bad now even with the corruption, fuel was not scarce, food price was okay for the common man, n money was circulating well.
dad...actually son u r not far from the truth but gej destroyed the economy, didnt u hear him say stealing is not corruption... how can a phd holder say that...

son... but dad stealing actually isnt corruption now, what of buhari that said abacha never stole?

dad...son u r too stubborn, am telling u be patience with buhari, he is going to fix the economy, we must suffer before things can get better.
lets just take it as a bitter pill.

next day at work....
dad... oboy hw u take come work, transportation has become dollars o, e cost pass pound sterling.

colleague.. na trek I dwy now o.

dad... jonathan really killed this country, nothing is working again.
do u know we sleep without light these days, he sold the power company to his brothers n sisters.

coll......that man is wicked, I know buhari will jail him, thank God for buhari o, he means well for this country. I heard he just travel to america to meet with obama to come invest in the country.
God will bless him o jare..

dad...apc change...

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Beans To Be Allowed Into Europe by Nobody: 12:44am On Apr 01, 2016
YouthsPC0:
When Nigerians hardly see beans this days to eat which one them wan export?

Soon it will be exporting garri while importing grass

What this country should be exporting is not staple food but thing like Hyde's and skin, cocoa , rubber , others.

We need real technocrats no aspiring pencil producers

My mind....
Re: Nigerian Beans To Be Allowed Into Europe by dom(m): 1:04am On Apr 01, 2016
With the weevils? Nice bargaining.
Re: Nigerian Beans To Be Allowed Into Europe by Heavance(m): 1:13am On Apr 01, 2016
what kind news is this? why will they be twisting news to fit his traveling? haaaaa, naija my country.
so u are telling me dis is one of d reasons he traveled? haaaaa, mo gbe
later, these educated youths will say they don't want a youth to lead the country, really some of us went to sch, yet we are n can't be educated as long as u believe this lie
Re: Nigerian Beans To Be Allowed Into Europe by chronique(m): 1:42am On Apr 01, 2016
I was going to say the same thing. The comments here,just shows how poorly enlightened most Nigerians are.
Symphony007:
Useless lie! Nigeria has been exporting beans to Europe since but it was stopped as the EU food agency found that the beans contained too much pesticides and did not meet standards, but now the ban has been lifted after Nigerian authorities reverted back to the old standard of exports....stupid lies to justify the ineptitude and frivolous travels of this president.
Re: Nigerian Beans To Be Allowed Into Europe by desmanreal(m): 1:42am On Apr 01, 2016
I don't know why we won't grow up in this country. How can smuggled beans get into Europe? Why shld we celebrate Europe's decision to alloe our export? Do we have to lobby for our gooods to be bought? If they have need for our products, won't they look for them? How does this mediocrity amount to Buhari's performance?
Re: Nigerian Beans To Be Allowed Into Europe by joxiri: 1:55am On Apr 01, 2016
The eu banned exportation of beans in 2015
Ok they wanna lift the ban now
I don't see how much impact this will make realistically, it was there up until 2015
Or the relevance of foreign trip on this
Re: Nigerian Beans To Be Allowed Into Europe by BekeeBuAgbara: 2:48am On Apr 01, 2016
undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Beans To Be Allowed Into Europe by Eyor1(m): 3:01am On Apr 01, 2016
mtcheeeeeew
Re: Nigerian Beans To Be Allowed Into Europe by otokx(m): 3:23am On Apr 01, 2016
Good news.
Re: Nigerian Beans To Be Allowed Into Europe by toideve(m): 3:52am On Apr 01, 2016
Do we even have enough beans to go round?
Re: Nigerian Beans To Be Allowed Into Europe by tj4luck(m): 4:13am On Apr 01, 2016
shigoslim:
well is not a bad idea but has the masses feed well? because when look at the current price of most commodity especially that of beans is to high, average Nigeria can not afford the price in the market. less i forget that Nigeria still importing beans from neighboring country such chad, Niger and Benin republic. Then where do we get this present beans we want to export to Europe because there is low production of beans in our economy when compare to the price wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink
You are correct but at the same time, you need to realize that it is this ban that has discouraged many youth being advised to go into farming. If we have many people in farming, it means we will have enough agricultural products that can feed us and foreign countries and when our farmers make good profit by selling their products to both local and international market, it encourages many others who is willing to go into farming. This is indeed a good development for every well meaning Nigerian after all it brings hope to our name that's been soiled.
Re: Nigerian Beans To Be Allowed Into Europe by christinie(f): 4:28am On Apr 01, 2016
So every good thing that happens to Nigeria is as a result of Buhari's nomadic nature?

psquaret:
Buhari Foreign Trip Yielding Result:nigerian Beans To Be Allowed Into Europe

An European Union team came to inspect NAFDAC’s central lab

– The visit is set to lift the ban on Nigerian beans and other agricultural products

– NAFDAC assures that exported goods go through rigorous screening

In what might be considered a boost to Nigeria’s export trade, there are indications that the European Union may lift its ban on the importation of Nigerian beans, Vanguard reports.

The European Food Safety Authority placed a ban on the importation of beans from Nigeria to European countries in 2015 but there are indications this will be lifted by June.

The European authority banned some agricultural produce which included beans from Nigeria, on the basis that the rejected beans were found to contain between 0.03mg per kilogramme to 4.6mg/kg of dichlorvos pesticide, when the acceptable maximum residue limit is 0.01mg/kg.

The new development came after the visit of an EU team to the central laboratory of the National Agency for Food Drug Administration and Control (NAFDAC) in Lagos.

The team was reportedly in Nigeria to carry out an inspection on the procedures of NAFDAC to ensure that future exports of beans and other agricultural produce from Nigeria meet the standards of importing countries.

Mrs. Yetunde Oni, who is the acting director general of NFDAC, said during the inspection that the beans that resulted in the ban were smuggled out of Nigeria and did not pass through the agency. She said the ban had had a negative effect on Nigeria’s economy. “The ban was placed about a year ago due to high insecticide residue in beans but let me sound a note of caution here that the beans that were rejected never passed through NAFDAC, they were beans produce smuggled out of the country.

The ban has brought about a huge economic loss in the sense that Nigeria has large expanse of land, we have a lot of farmers that produce beans and the beans are not able to go out.” She gave her assurance that agricultural produce that passes through the agency never gets rejected because of the rigorous process it goes through before certification.

https://www.naij.com/771321-good-news-europe-lift-ban-importation-nigerian-food.html
Re: Nigerian Beans To Be Allowed Into Europe by Bitterleafsoup: 4:34am On Apr 01, 2016
They may lift? Lol Wow I need my own farm.
Re: Nigerian Beans To Be Allowed Into Europe by 999west: 4:57am On Apr 01, 2016
APC is a scam
Pls read this article before making s my comment
We are just in for a very long long trouble
Re: Nigerian Beans To Be Allowed Into Europe by Buttocks: 4:58am On Apr 01, 2016
eflintsone:
look at this hater lol .... haters never see good before , am not shocked tho

You're a sad, miserable, GULLIBLE ILLITERATE!

Nigeria has been exporting beans to Europe for 20 years now. But it was blacklisted on June last year for its high concentration of pesticides. The ban was only lifted this year after NAFDAC got down to it.
Majority of you Sai Baba supporters are the most naive, MENTALLY LAZY and INTELLECTUALLY DEAD creatures I've ever seen.

This country will never progess with gullible knuckleheads like you constituting the majority.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Beans To Be Allowed Into Europe by greatnow: 5:12am On Apr 01, 2016
Must you tribalize the topic?
omenka:

My only fear is, hope we don't run out of beans to feed Kanu and his gang on account of this. As we export, we should bear in mind the plight of our prisoners in Kuje.

Prisoners they may be, but they are still the zoo citizens- government should always remember that. Would be very bad to hear Kuje zoo prisoners are starving.
Re: Nigerian Beans To Be Allowed Into Europe by aprokomania(m): 5:13am On Apr 01, 2016
Integrityfarms:
When we are yet to have enough for self sufficiency we are talking of exports!

Misplaced priorities
when did you ever go to market to buy beans and you did not see?
Re: Nigerian Beans To Be Allowed Into Europe by SycophanticGoat: 5:16am On Apr 01, 2016
omenka:

My only fear is, hope we don't run out of beans to feed Kanu and his gang on account of this. As we export, we should bear in mind the plight of our prisoners in Kuje.

Prisoners they may be, but they are still the zoo citizens- government should always remember that. Would be very bad to hear Kuje zoo prisoners are starving.

We all know you! You have no sympathy for your people. As long as some form of compensation is paid after balls-licking the old and foolish mumuhammado mumuhary, you have no problem. Even if all the people in Benue are wiped off the face of the earth, including friends and relations, some people will not mind as long as their pocket keeps getting bigger.

#spits..
Re: Nigerian Beans To Be Allowed Into Europe by Fxwarrior: 5:45am On Apr 01, 2016
What a shame. How can you say that goods were smuggled from Nigeria. Nafdac ended up implicating the immigration and customs as thieves and bribery experts cos I see not how anything or anyone leaves this country without passing through the borders. Somebody has to take responsibility for this nonsense to stop further occurence.

From my birth to now, I keep hearing that Nigeria is a developing nation and after over 50 years of independence, Nigeria is still a developing nation.
If a man of 50 years is still developing, what exactly will he be called?
Re: Nigerian Beans To Be Allowed Into Europe by eljp(m): 5:46am On Apr 01, 2016
Which one 9ger go chop since our Agricultural sector is performing poorly .....
Re: Nigerian Beans To Be Allowed Into Europe by Nobody: 5:54am On Apr 01, 2016
What of Fulani cows
Re: Nigerian Beans To Be Allowed Into Europe by lastpage: 5:56am On Apr 01, 2016
BiafraBushBoy:
Marching down to Otuke to collect my Vote back from Jonathan!!! cry

No way! Except you are ready to return the tons of Dollars you took, back then! undecided undecided

we still have the list of "collectors".... so dont feign ignorance! grin grin

Lastpage!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Beans To Be Allowed Into Europe by midolian(m): 5:58am On Apr 01, 2016
omenka:

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Beans To Be Allowed Into Europe by Edunwa302(m): 5:59am On Apr 01, 2016
YouthsPC0:
When Nigerians hardly see beans this days to eat which one them wan export?

Soon it will be exporting garri while importing grass

What this country should be exporting is not staple food but thing like Hyde's and skin, cocoa , rubber , others.

We need real technocrats no aspiring pencil producers

My brother I tire oh
If all this expensive trip can only yield such result at this time........then I think we re been led by learners
Re: Nigerian Beans To Be Allowed Into Europe by Charlaay: 5:59am On Apr 01, 2016
Has the ban been lifted yet? NO. The article says MAY BE LIFTED. Let's not get ahead of ourselves here
Re: Nigerian Beans To Be Allowed Into Europe by lastpage: 6:00am On Apr 01, 2016
eljp:
Which one 9ger go chop since our Agricultural sector is performing poorly .....

The danger here is that most of the beans we produce will now be "exported" while the people in Nigeria will have non to eat! ..or buy it at very expensive rates!
Who no won chop "Euro"? grin grin

Na so dem do with Garri, wey the thing come cost so much!
The QUALITY of Garri l eat whenever l am outside the country (US/Europe in general) is far better than what we get to buy in Nigeria so much so that at one point, l had to buy Garri when l was coming back to Nigeria!

Thats not cool at all. angry angry angry

Lastpage!
Re: Nigerian Beans To Be Allowed Into Europe by khalhokage(m): 6:00am On Apr 01, 2016
The beans were banned last year, his traveling had nothing to do with the lifting of the ban, instead like it was stated in the article an EU team came here to inspect the beans themselves to determine if they were safe for import.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Photos From The Burial Of Isiaka Adeleke, Rotimi Akeredolu, Amosun Pictured / Fani-Kayode lists other groups FG may proscribe after IPOB / Buhari Arrives In Osogbo For Osun APC Governorship Rally (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.