Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,103 members, 7,811,105 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:37 PM

Nigerian Beans To Be Allowed Into Europe - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Beans To Be Allowed Into Europe (31994 Views)

Osinbajo Will Not Be Allowed To Replace Buhari In 2019 - Northern Elders Forum / Third Class Graduates Should Not Be Allowed To Hold Important Political Posts / CCT Trial: Why Saraki Cannot Be Allowed To Go Like Tinubu – Justice Umar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Beans To Be Allowed Into Europe by oieda: 8:35am On Apr 01, 2016
psquaret:
Buhari Foreign Trip Yielding Result:nigerian Beans To Be Allowed Into Europe

An European Union team came to inspect NAFDAC’s central lab

– The visit is set to lift the ban on Nigerian beans and other agricultural products

– NAFDAC assures that exported goods go through rigorous screening

In what might be considered a boost to Nigeria’s export trade, there are indications that the European Union may lift its ban on the importation of Nigerian beans, Vanguard reports.

The European Food Safety Authority placed a ban on the importation of beans from Nigeria to European countries in 2015 but there are indications this will be lifted by June.

The European authority banned some agricultural produce which included beans from Nigeria, on the basis that the rejected beans were found to contain between 0.03mg per kilogramme to 4.6mg/kg of dichlorvos pesticide, when the acceptable maximum residue limit is 0.01mg/kg.

The new development came after the visit of an EU team to the central laboratory of the National Agency for Food Drug Administration and Control (NAFDAC) in Lagos.

The team was reportedly in Nigeria to carry out an inspection on the procedures of NAFDAC to ensure that future exports of beans and other agricultural produce from Nigeria meet the standards of importing countries.

Mrs. Yetunde Oni, who is the acting director general of NFDAC, said during the inspection that the beans that resulted in the ban were smuggled out of Nigeria and did not pass through the agency. She said the ban had had a negative effect on Nigeria’s economy. “The ban was placed about a year ago due to high insecticide residue in beans but let me sound a note of caution here that the beans that were rejected never passed through NAFDAC, they were beans produce smuggled out of the country.

The ban has brought about a huge economic loss in the sense that Nigeria has large expanse of land, we have a lot of farmers that produce beans and the beans are not able to go out.” She gave her assurance that agricultural produce that passes through the agency never gets rejected because of the rigorous process it goes through before certification.

https://www.naij.com/771321-good-news-europe-lift-ban-importation-nigerian-food.html

You guys are quite ignorant of news oh.

Beans was banned because it failed a health check some months ago. So the importation to Europe was banned for some months.

Everyone knew that it will be lifted when the time passed.

Which kind Buhari foreign trip. Abegi

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Beans To Be Allowed Into Europe by tunene66: 8:50am On Apr 01, 2016
psquaret:
Buhari Foreign Trip Yielding Result:nigerian Beans To Be Allowed Into Europe

An European Union team came to inspect NAFDAC’s central lab

– The visit is set to lift the ban on Nigerian beans and other agricultural products

– NAFDAC assures that exported goods go through rigorous screening

In what might be considered a boost to Nigeria’s export trade, there are indications that the European Union may lift its ban on the importation of Nigerian beans, Vanguard reports.

The European Food Safety Authority placed a ban on the importation of beans from Nigeria to European countries in 2015 but there are indications this will be lifted by June.

The European authority banned some agricultural produce which included beans from Nigeria, on the basis that the rejected beans were found to contain between 0.03mg per kilogramme to 4.6mg/kg of dichlorvos pesticide, when the acceptable maximum residue limit is 0.01mg/kg.

The new development came after the visit of an EU team to the central laboratory of the National Agency for Food Drug Administration and Control (NAFDAC) in Lagos.

The team was reportedly in Nigeria to carry out an inspection on the procedures of NAFDAC to ensure that future exports of beans and other agricultural produce from Nigeria meet the standards of importing countries.

Mrs. Yetunde Oni, who is the acting director general of NFDAC, said during the inspection that the beans that resulted in the ban were smuggled out of Nigeria and did not pass through the agency. She said the ban had had a negative effect on Nigeria’s economy. “The ban was placed about a year ago due to high insecticide residue in beans but let me sound a note of caution here that the beans that were rejected never passed through NAFDAC, they were beans produce smuggled out of the country.

The ban has brought about a huge economic loss in the sense that Nigeria has large expanse of land, we have a lot of farmers that produce beans and the beans are not able to go out.” She gave her assurance that agricultural produce that passes through the agency never gets rejected because of the rigorous process it goes through before certification.

https://www.naij.com/771321-good-news-europe-lift-ban-importation-nigerian-food.html

While appreciating the move by the EU, nothing in the story attributed the move to the President's foreign trip
Re: Nigerian Beans To Be Allowed Into Europe by ofwest: 8:54am On Apr 01, 2016
Uuu___ooooh where are the wailing wailers and their chief wailer Fayose
Re: Nigerian Beans To Be Allowed Into Europe by itsrealmehn(m): 8:55am On Apr 01, 2016
so this is Goodnews? Nigerians are indeed fools and stupid ...as if we dont move in beans of Nigerian in before now...

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Beans To Be Allowed Into Europe by Ugosample(m): 8:56am On Apr 01, 2016
Lol grin grin
How does the visit correlate with the sopposed exports?

dumb Nigerians everywhere

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Beans To Be Allowed Into Europe by Ugosample(m): 8:57am On Apr 01, 2016
tunene66:

While appreciating the move by the EU, nothing in the story attributed the move to the President's foreign trip

Thank you!!!!!!

Oh gosh.
These Nigerians are very dumb!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Beans To Be Allowed Into Europe by ehinmowo: 9:14am On Apr 01, 2016
it is a shame on us to be jubilating over beans while lesser countries are boasting of nanotechnology, space technology and so on.
Re: Nigerian Beans To Be Allowed Into Europe by tendy08(f): 9:40am On Apr 01, 2016
yomz1e:
what is it that you dont get, country leaders travel to build and forge better relationships with other countries, a good relationship yields result and brings opportunities, look at Obama going to Cuba, now the Cubans will enjoy influx of Americans which brings $$$$$ and advancement to the country, in the case of Nigeria where our image has been tainted long before PMB, he has to convince the world that we are ready for business and not 'Business as usual' of course we wont see the benefits in one go, it will come gradually and this one is part of them. We can now start exporting things which will bring forex to the country. you get!

Maybe you should have read the comment i quoted to fully grasp where I'm coming from.

A ban was placed cause our produce didn't meet export standards. It's a punitive measure that helps put us in check and naturally, the agencies in charge would have gone back to the drawing board to see what can be done to lift such ban, so why hinge it on Buharis trips.

Even in nairaland, people are banned when they fail to conform to rules guiding the forum and in most cases, bans are lifted after sometime.
Re: Nigerian Beans To Be Allowed Into Europe by nkemjacob2(m): 9:41am On Apr 01, 2016
D economy strenght of a nation lies in its industries. Dat is how we continue to export beans (raw material) to western country cos we dont have industries to turn it to finish goods. Tell me how can jobs b created. Nigerians we shuld note this dat d westerns can do everytin possible to discourage d means @ which our raw materials can changed to finish goods cos they no d power behind industrious nation.. Look @ china how booming their economy is. As a nation We shud find a means of building industries, so dat we can reduce d extent of sending raw material out from the country.
Re: Nigerian Beans To Be Allowed Into Europe by Obamina(m): 9:44am On Apr 01, 2016
Hahahhahaahhahahahahhahahahahahh who off light?
mrvitalis:
I don't regret voting Buhari

Click like if u feel same. ... Share if u don't
Re: Nigerian Beans To Be Allowed Into Europe by NOETHNICITY(m): 9:47am On Apr 01, 2016
Sunofgod:
But will they swap their rice with ours?

I love foreign rice!

If u eat better local rice wey stone no dey, u go keep foreign rice for 1side!
Re: Nigerian Beans To Be Allowed Into Europe by NOETHNICITY(m): 9:49am On Apr 01, 2016
nkemjacob2:
D economy strenght of a nation lies in its industries. Dat is how we continue to export beans (raw material) to western country cos we dont have industries to turn it to finish goods. Tell me how can jobs b created. Nigerians we shuld note this dat d westerns can do everytin possible to discourage d means @ which our raw materials can changed to finish goods cos they no d power behind industrious nation.. Look @ china how booming their economy is. As a nation We shud find a means of building industries, so dat we can reduce d extent of sending raw material out from the country.
Are u saying we shouldn't export beans? Not sure if I got u correctly!
Re: Nigerian Beans To Be Allowed Into Europe by AlanSugar(m): 10:13am On Apr 01, 2016
BiafraBushBoy:
Marching down to Otuke to collect my Vote back from Jonathan!!! cry

Hahahaha! This is for comic relief, not really sure you voted for that ineffectual B! Lols!
Re: Nigerian Beans To Be Allowed Into Europe by nkemjacob2(m): 10:17am On Apr 01, 2016
NOETHNICITY:
Are u saying we shouldn't export beans? Not sure if I got u correctly!
am not saying we shud nt export but Work to 2ward building industries dat can convert our raw goods to finish goods which good yield more employement. Reduce d extent of exporting, we still dis beans in our country

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Beans To Be Allowed Into Europe by AlanSugar(m): 10:19am On Apr 01, 2016
shigoslim:
well is not a bad idea but has the masses feed well? because when look at the current price of most commodity especially that of beans is to high, average Nigeria can not afford the price in the market. less i forget that Nigeria still importing beans from neighboring country such chad, Niger and Benin republic. Then where do we get this present beans we want to export to Europe because there is low production of beans in our economy when compare to the price wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink

Its a simple economic ideology. In marketing, you can't go into production without a market survey for potential consumption. I think now that they've had that angle sorted, large scale production is next!
Re: Nigerian Beans To Be Allowed Into Europe by AlanSugar(m): 10:22am On Apr 01, 2016
Symphony007:
Useless lie! Nigeria has been exporting beans to Europe since but it was stopped as the EU food agency found that the beans contained too much pesticides and did not meet standards, but now the ban has been lifted after Nigerian authorities reverted back to the old standard of exports....stupid lies to justify the ineptitude and frivolous travels of this president.

JESU! Did you really read the article before commenting, and you had 226 others that acted like you?
Re: Nigerian Beans To Be Allowed Into Europe by layzie: 10:26am On Apr 01, 2016
Very silly propaganda.
Nigeria beans was banned for a period ending in June 2016. From the day our beans was banned, it was stated that the ban will last till 2016 June.
Re: Nigerian Beans To Be Allowed Into Europe by TijaniAbu: 10:43am On Apr 01, 2016
AlanSugar:

Its a simple economic ideology. In marketing, you can't go into production without a market survey for potential consumption. I think now that they've had that angle sorted, large scale production is next!

Our beans that are not enough to feed the nation is what Buba Daura wants to dash to foreigners. Chains
Re: Nigerian Beans To Be Allowed Into Europe by Nobody: 10:46am On Apr 01, 2016
Symphony007:
Useless lie! Nigeria has been exporting beans to Europe since but it was stopped as the EU food agency found that the beans contained too much pesticides and did not meet standards, but now the ban has been lifted after Nigerian authorities reverted back to the old standard of exports....stupid lies to justify the ineptitude and frivolous travels of this president.

They banned Nigeria from exporting beans but the ban would most likely be lifted. Do you expect such to happen through phone calls, skype or whatsapp?
Re: Nigerian Beans To Be Allowed Into Europe by breakeven: 11:03am On Apr 01, 2016
Beans ko Ewa ni
Re: Nigerian Beans To Be Allowed Into Europe by Nobody: 11:51am On Apr 01, 2016
kind of surprised we export beans. now that we don't export, it's expensive 'cause we've never produced enough for local consumption. are we prepared for the export opportunity then?
Re: Nigerian Beans To Be Allowed Into Europe by mindtricks: 12:22pm On Apr 01, 2016
chibyz:
see this one am complaing of fuel scarcity you talking about beans export.#trash.
Basic things like fuel for you to buy with your own money, a government that came in with so much promises is yet to clearly prove their ability to deliver.

Anything from Buhari and co, short of a clear departure from the past governments style of doing things is NOT CHANGE and is totally unacceptable.
Re: Nigerian Beans To Be Allowed Into Europe by kenrish2(m): 12:56pm On Apr 01, 2016
Alimtoheeb:
Am waiting for the wailers that keep saying that his travellings are of no benefit to us.........for ur info, this one is good news for a good citizen of Nigeria.
the beans in nigeria is not enough to feed nigerians unless bubu has to produce the one to export
Re: Nigerian Beans To Be Allowed Into Europe by egobetatoday: 2:31pm On Apr 01, 2016
BiafraBushBoy:
Marching down to Otuke to collect my Vote back from Jonathan!!! cry

when you get back from Otuoke, dont forget to go pay for a litre of fuel at #200 after queing for 7 hours! Ehen... your eggs in the refridgerator have all hatched oooo! oh yes! there was no light to power the fridge so they were incubated and hatched! grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Beans To Be Allowed Into Europe by 1miccza: 3:12pm On Apr 01, 2016
seyema:
I hope this not another propaganda sha

You can be very sure that it is.
Re: Nigerian Beans To Be Allowed Into Europe by 1miccza: 3:16pm On Apr 01, 2016
AreaFada2:

Is it not the same beans Ireland returned just weeks ago due to weevil overload or is Ireland not part of EU again? grin cheesy

Na wa o. With so much bad news, APC people are clutching at every slight news to save face. cheesy

My brotheeeeerrr!!!! These days when i see any news from them i just shake my head at the way they tend to cling to straws
Re: Nigerian Beans To Be Allowed Into Europe by 1miccza: 3:19pm On Apr 01, 2016
JW214:

I read the whole report and didn't find just a sentence that suggests Buhari's visit or meeting with any country or person made the foreign agency visit NAFDAC laboratory.

Most of the people that made comments here did not even read before jumping on their keypad.

Which only shows that they are clutching at straws and desperately trying to save face
Re: Nigerian Beans To Be Allowed Into Europe by 1miccza: 3:22pm On Apr 01, 2016
It wasn't even stated that buhari visited for that purpose so why are these blind APC sycophants on NL rejoicing and causing more reactions from their PDP partners... Op take time ooo

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Beans To Be Allowed Into Europe by winj: 4:34pm On Apr 01, 2016
Rubbish, Nigerian beans and other agricultural products are already in massive large scale demand and supply in many countries around the world.

I have been buying gari, beans, agege bread, and other ingredients from licensed US, European and Asian shops for decades!

His travelling pays only him because he is using the cover of the 1 million dollar a go trip to seek medical treatment for the ailments he is not revealing to Nigerians!

If you look very closely at Buhari you will see he is ill, people I know who met him during some of his trip say he looks frail and sick and that some of his personal visitors were actually private doctors under tight confidentiality agreements.

you can fool olodo Nigerians, not me - nice try
Re: Nigerian Beans To Be Allowed Into Europe by Ramsey247(m): 10:46pm On Apr 01, 2016
Nigerian Beans has always been in the UK. They have started again with another dimension of lies.
Re: Nigerian Beans To Be Allowed Into Europe by Nobody: 11:13pm On Apr 01, 2016
This is not much although it is step in right direction.

European do not eat African beans, so it is only a small market of Africans in diaspora.

The economic impact on our revenue would be minimal, but it is still positive and we should get the west to open up more for our exports.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The Weapons Army Recovered From Militants In Ondo State (Photos) / "Re-Arrest Kanu, Face Consequences" - Militants Tell FG / El-rufa’i Moves To Put Kaduna Back On Mega-city Top League

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.