Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,176 members, 7,815,111 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:28 AM

Rkelly Denies Duet With Tuface Idibia - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Rkelly Denies Duet With Tuface Idibia (11295 Views)

I Thought My Wife Slept With Tuface And Don Jazzy. Teebillz Pours Out His Mind / Nairalander Poses With Tuface And Ifeanyi Udeze / Pero Adeniyi Pregnant With Tuface Idibia's 6th Baby (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rkelly Denies Duet With Tuface Idibia by amebono11: 2:18pm On Jul 28, 2009
Since he release d his latest album, UNSTOPPABLE, popular singer, 2face idibia has found himself faced with one controversy or the other. The latest centers around the duet he claimed to have done with American RnB star, R. Kelly.

The song in question is titled ‘FLEX’. According to him, in a recent interview, the deal was brokered by Toyin Subair, boss of HiTV cable network and he (2face), actually met R. Kelly in the US before recording the song. One of the reasons people seemed to be debating the authenticity of his claim of a collabo with R.Kelly is because the beat of the said song has been used by R.Kelly before in one of his songs.

While the entire nation seemed to have forgotten the issue, the whole collabo brouhaha came up again when R.Kelly visited Nigeria a few weeks ago. Expectedly, many people were expecting to see Tuface perform with R. Kelly but that didn’t happen. Rumours started flying that Tuface may have lied to Nigerians about having done a duet with R.Kelly.

Surprisingly, 2face, who’d featured in past music festival organized by ThisDay didn’t make the list of the performing artists billed for R.Kelly’s show. An insider disclosed that when R.Kelly was asked if he knows Tuface, he denied him, saying he had never heard the name before. He was said to have listened to the song they were meant to have done together and he laughed over it, insisting that he made the beat a long time ago, and that it must have been tapped on the internet.

This City People learnt got the organizers upset and it is for this reason, sources revealed that 2face may have been dropped from the show.

Last week Thursday, City People put a call across to 2face to comment on the allegation but his line was not available, so they called up his manager, Efe Omoreige who spoke exclusively on the issue “Well, I have not heard anything from the organizers of the show that R.Kelly disclaimed Tuface, so I might not be able to respond to it. About the allegations that Tuface didn’t record with R.Kelly, I will explain to you. Yes the duet was real.

Tuface recorded with R.Kelly but not in the same studio. The met but couldn’t achieve being in the studio at the same time because of their tight schedule. R.Kelly did his own part and sent it to Tuface and that is all about it. Tuface didn’t perform at the show because he was already engaged elsewhere. We were contacted for the show, but we were already booked to be in Benin. You don’t expect Tuface to neglect a show he has been paid for to convince people that he knows R.Kelly”

Hmmmm, interesting!

Let me tell you what I think. If these guys actually spoke with R. Kelly and he said the things they claim he said, then I don't think R Kelly would lie about not knowing Tuface. He has no reason to. But I also do not think that Tuface Idibia would stoop so low to do what he's being accused of. He's far bigger than that. So there must be something else going on here that we don't know about. There's definitely another hook to this story.

What do you guys think?

http://news.onlinenigeria.com/templates/?a=6481&z=12
Re: Rkelly Denies Duet With Tuface Idibia by MrCrackles(m): 2:23pm On Jul 28, 2009
So this is basically some TU-FRAUD shitzo? shocked grin undecided
Re: Rkelly Denies Duet With Tuface Idibia by dahcom: 1:24pm On Jul 29, 2009
this is not the first time Nigeria musician will look for cheap popularity in the international scene. TUFACE case is not an exception. he must understand that he is too big for such if the story is true.
Re: Rkelly Denies Duet With Tuface Idibia by segzicres(m): 1:29pm On Jul 29, 2009
can you imagine shit from 2 face
Re: Rkelly Denies Duet With Tuface Idibia by MrKelly: 1:39pm On Jul 29, 2009
This guy is full of shiiiit.
Re: Rkelly Denies Duet With Tuface Idibia by defman: 1:41pm On Jul 29, 2009
I was also skeptical when I heard the original song R.Kelly recorded, I believe it was with Shaggy or somebody. It made a lot more sense that the one tuface brought out. I was then wondering, if R Kelly is using the same song twice, won't he make it better the second time? Anyway, I seriously wonder why Tuface would do a thing like that, that is if he did it.
Re: Rkelly Denies Duet With Tuface Idibia by lwise(m): 1:42pm On Jul 29, 2009
Could this be true.TU baba is bigger than all this sheeeeeetttttssss.
Even if e nol sing kelly e no fit wreck lailai.
Re: Rkelly Denies Duet With Tuface Idibia by Meldrick(m): 1:43pm On Jul 29, 2009
These are all cock and bull stories from these lazy media practioners. Some weeks ago, this same City People put up a false publication on my boss in a love affair with one of these top politicians(name withheld) and it made the headlines. It was all lies. My boss was furious. I  have stopped and will never believe anything that comes out from these media practitioners especially thst foolish magazine called City People. They bring up headlines just to sell.
Re: Rkelly Denies Duet With Tuface Idibia by amebono11: 1:45pm On Jul 29, 2009
Meldrick:

These are all cock and bull stories from these lazy media practioners. Some weeks ago, this same City People put up a false publication on my boss in a love affair with one of these top politicians(name withheld) and it made the headlines. It was all lies. My boss was furious. I  have stopped and will never believe anything that comes out from these media practitioners especially thst foolish magazine called City People. They bring up headlines just to sell.

you are talking about city people, but we are talking about 'onlinenigeria.com' here undecided
Re: Rkelly Denies Duet With Tuface Idibia by IbileIfe: 1:52pm On Jul 29, 2009
Na make him nickname na 2 face.
One face dey talk true, while the other face dey lie
. grin

Anyway most Nigerian peeps are natural born liars and they have used their lies to fool many ignorant ones.

Dis na Naija way of life.
Re: Rkelly Denies Duet With Tuface Idibia by mayrho(m): 2:19pm On Jul 29, 2009
I laugh in idoma language grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Rkelly Denies Duet With Tuface Idibia by chelseabmw(m): 2:21pm On Jul 29, 2009
Very disappointing, i believe sha, He cant fake this,but if it is true then nigeria is finished
Re: Rkelly Denies Duet With Tuface Idibia by kokoye(m): 2:52pm On Jul 29, 2009
chelseabmw:

Very disappointing, i believe sha, He cant fake this,but if it is true then nigeria is finished

Nigeria is finished because some individuals are denying each other . . . like this does not happen all over the world?

Stupid. Simply observe if you got nothing sensible to say
Re: Rkelly Denies Duet With Tuface Idibia by waterworks(f): 2:52pm On Jul 29, 2009
lol@ ibile ife!!

@ meldrik yes online nigeri.com is writing but the story involves the so called city people sinc ethey are the ones doing the interviewing. so if its a lie it would be on thier head!
Re: Rkelly Denies Duet With Tuface Idibia by Fhemmmy: 2:54pm On Jul 29, 2009
chelseabmw:

Na wa oh.
this is nothing but entertainment and has nothing to do with Nigeria being finished.
So many artist says anything to get sales, and that is all the guy has done, i am not supporting him oh, however, dont let us drag Nigeria in the mud cos of one man's stupidity.
Re: Rkelly Denies Duet With Tuface Idibia by djsunky9ja: 2:59pm On Jul 29, 2009
O boy! this is a BIG slap on 9ja artistes claiming duet with international artistes,of which its a BOBO that's why i really like Sauce Kid the yebariba father, he do his thing in his own way without louding it. So wit this Rkelly's and 2faze issue ho aw we so sure that Tpain and freestyle too nah fake//// lol, men we Dj self did not know anything about all this stuff all dis while. BIG thanks to the organizers.
Re: Rkelly Denies Duet With Tuface Idibia by betnibills(m): 3:15pm On Jul 29, 2009
Hmm, I love Tu-face coz he is a Nigerian but if this is true it will mean a big blow to his personality, we should learn to cut our coat according to our size, if it is true, then whoever might have given him that Idea has wrecked his carrier.
On the other hand the media is one hell of a fact, They make you and brake you afterall how can we contact R Kelly to know if it is true or not I just dont belive it anyway, perhaps Tu Baba must have misbehaved again with the ladies and they decide to dismantle the guy. Na so I think ohh. I luv this topic
Re: Rkelly Denies Duet With Tuface Idibia by betnibills(m): 3:20pm On Jul 29, 2009
Hey DJsauceky can u mail me on betnibills@yahoo.com I have some information for you Thanks
Re: Rkelly Denies Duet With Tuface Idibia by Elgaxton(m): 3:43pm On Jul 29, 2009
Interesting! Aint believing nothing until I watch R.Kelly deny in front of a video camera.

All this media reporters are the ones looking for cheap publicity.

Nothing is impossible in NAija tho grin but I have to see the video
Re: Rkelly Denies Duet With Tuface Idibia by Sevn(m): 3:47pm On Jul 29, 2009
Elgaxton:

Interesting! Aint believing nothing until I watch R.Kelly deny in front of a video camera.

Same here,

Them wan just fall dis guy hand, na so dem dey do sha,
dem don try finish am up with his Many women and children issue, that didnt work
now, this?

Dont they know by now that 2baba is UNSTOPPABLE?
Re: Rkelly Denies Duet With Tuface Idibia by ztyle(m): 3:52pm On Jul 29, 2009
Lol, Tu-face don match line, kia na wa! grin
Re: Rkelly Denies Duet With Tuface Idibia by kok(m): 4:00pm On Jul 29, 2009
Elgaxton:

I dey ur side bross. till I see for video too cuz na only video dey talk true now, even pictures dey lie these days.
Re: Rkelly Denies Duet With Tuface Idibia by kingsolve(m): 4:23pm On Jul 29, 2009
I'm quite short of words on this issue. Why would he want to form? I think there's something more behind this issue.
Re: Rkelly Denies Duet With Tuface Idibia by mrmetoo1: 4:32pm On Jul 29, 2009
,amebo no1:

you are talking about city people, but we are talking about 'onlinenigeria.com' here undecided

onlinenigeria.com gets news from all over, their source in this case was the same City People article. City People is a BS magazine, I heard they're having their best sales ever due to this story so I guess its working for them but it doesn't make it true. They're just taking advantage of R Kelly's visit and the fact that 2face didn't perform with him. Their story was based on the account of an "insider", think about that. Although at this point, it won't be a bad idea for 2face to come out with an official statement or something.
Re: Rkelly Denies Duet With Tuface Idibia by Redman44(m): 4:48pm On Jul 29, 2009
Hmn, so what is the big deal about Tuface Idibia not doing a duet with R Kelly? I lost my respect for R Kelly some years ago. The guy is very unstable in character and it is very hard to know where he is headed career-wise. Yeah, he is very talented and remains one of the best songwriters on earth, but his attitude leaves so much to be desired. Tuface is a star in his own right and I will not be too happy if he lied to Nigerians about recording a song with Robert Kelly. I'm not trying to be self righteous here, but it would be better if Tuface collaborates with more conscious Foreign Artistes. I'm talking of artistes like Mos Def, Common, Estelle, Mary J Blige, Lauryn Hill, Jah Cure etc etc. Just my own opinion. Cheers.
Re: Rkelly Denies Duet With Tuface Idibia by NkemJuliet: 5:01pm On Jul 29, 2009
Na wa o, too much envy for Tu Face, Naija media practitioners should learn from their foreign

counterparts,asides criticising negatively their celebrities they also criticise positively their celebrities. But all we

do in this part of the earth planet is to complain,bad mouth and talk bla bla,nam them no jo.Tu Face carry go, if

possible do collabbo with MICHEAL JACKSON, U TOO MUCH grin[flash=200,200][/flash]
Re: Rkelly Denies Duet With Tuface Idibia by atilla(m): 5:02pm On Jul 29, 2009
Fact is 2baba messed up wether he recorded with or without rkelly.

Im 4 baba number one fan oooo but I know one thing for sure. but he messed up by taking an old song copying it exactly and just adding his voice. Even when he heard the song at first why couldt he think of remxing it or adding something or even choosing another song cause to me the song is a wack song for an album of 2009 . He should sack or come out in full and blame whoever meessed up.
Re: Rkelly Denies Duet With Tuface Idibia by proudly9ja(m): 5:13pm On Jul 29, 2009
but if Tuface didn't do the duet, don't you guys think R.Kelly would have taken him to court by now for using his name wrongly to sell his song/album?
Re: Rkelly Denies Duet With Tuface Idibia by galatico(m): 5:17pm On Jul 29, 2009
In Nigeria anything can happen!!!
Re: Rkelly Denies Duet With Tuface Idibia by Nezan(m): 5:19pm On Jul 29, 2009
Lets hear from 2-baba
Re: Rkelly Denies Duet With Tuface Idibia by CrudeOil2(m): 5:31pm On Jul 29, 2009
This Tuface guy is so full of crap.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Tonto Dikeh: Nollywood Controversial actress Of The Year / Kanye West Wants A Huge TV Wedding To Kim Kardashian / PHOTOS: More Revealation About The Busty Actress That Went Na Ked On Set

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.