Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,617 members, 7,816,542 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:53 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 - Travel (136) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (899566 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by chikos: 12:22am On May 27, 2016
Hello all,

Pls I have a question. If your husband is currently in usa but will not available to witness the birthing and process document, should he go ahead and pre sign the consent letter and get it notarized before the birth of the baby. If it is possible, where can he notarized the consent letter.

Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by CassyO: 12:45am On May 27, 2016
chikos:

Congrats dear, no worry about bills. Times are hard yes but your life and that of the baby is more important. There is always the option of payment plan.

My dear thank you. Don't mind this hospital telling me Notting like that for self paid jokers...like dey can pay the money
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by CassyO: 12:50am On May 27, 2016
chikos:
Hello all,

Pls I have a question. If your husband is currently in usa but will not available to witness the birthing and process document, should he go ahead and pre sign the consent letter and get it notarized before the birth of the baby. If it is possible, where can he notarized the consent letter.

Thanks

My dear pls can I have a Sample of this notarized consent letter please
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by chikos: 2:04am On May 27, 2016
[quote author=CassyO post=46004236]

My dear pls can I have a Sample of this notarized consent .

sure, send ur email
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by XX01(f): 4:13am On May 27, 2016
[quote author=CassyO post=46004236][/quote]

Wow. Congratulations. God will sort it out for you. Thanks for all your help. Help will come for you from where you do not expect it.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by justwise(m): 7:24am On May 27, 2016
swappylove:

I didn't post any other number oooooo.this is what I posted and the number there is us government passport agency; swappylove:
OK now I understand u now.i am actually talking about the passport agency.dallas passport agency which u can use if u are pressed for time.n u don't pay any extra, just the 65dollars expediting fee.
It's on 1100 commerce street.however call 8774872778 to book an appointment first.
Anyway I rest my case!

swappylove:

I got her number from earlier posts though I haven't called her yet +1 (240) 3xxxxxx

This was your reply to Ajujuju2 asking for passport agent contact details.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ridlaw(m): 7:28am On May 27, 2016
Hello house, My sister intends to have her baby in the US. She is 4 months pregnant with a visiting visa which she got last month. Should she write a change of intent to the embassy? There's somewhere I read if she writes a change of intent after just a month of obtaining her visa, it could be cancelled. How true?! This is her first child after 9 years of marriage so she doesn't want to take any chance. How can she best achieve her aim?
Justwise, LadyG and other gurus in the house should kindly help with the information.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by justwise(m): 7:33am On May 27, 2016
ridlaw:
Hello house, My sister intends to have her baby in the US. She is 4 months pregnant with a visiting visa which she got last month. Should she write a change of intent to the embassy? There's somewhere I read if she writes a change of intent after just a month of obtaining her visa, it could be cancelled. How true?! This is her first child after 9 years of marriage so she doesn't want to take any chance. How can she best achieve her aim?
Justwise, LadyG and other gurus in the house should kindly help with the information.

Did she tell the VO during the interview about her pregnancy?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ridlaw(m): 7:35am On May 27, 2016
justwise:

Did she tell the VO during the interview about her pregnancy?

No, told the VO she was going for vacation. someone in the US was inviting her. The pregnancy wasn't obvious then.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by justwise(m): 7:50am On May 27, 2016
ridlaw:

No, told the VO she was going for vacation. someone in the US was inviting her

She needs to do exactly that then use the visa for birthing later in the year.

Letter of intend is not a shortcut anymore.

13 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by evemama: 8:04am On May 27, 2016
Congrats dear. God bless u both, heak u speedily n help u sort ur bills!

CassyO:
Hello mamac and papas finally my little angle has arrived I want to thank each and everyone of you that has contributed to this forum. my story. Work up early hours of the 23rd of May to peeonly to find out I was peeing blood, told my mum and she said it was time to go to the hospital.

On getting there I was checked in. Baby and mother where both doing well but mother was not not dilated. I was still 2cm after 24hours my doctor had to out me on meds to help with the dilating. So my mum and I started to pary finally I was 4cm but the meds was not good for the baby as his heart rate was droping drestically. Do y doctor said we would have to do a CS my face dropped was unhappy about this as I had budgeted for VD. Mind you baby was still at risk we both where.

Finally my mum told me it's the will of God. To cut the story short my baby came yesterday he weighed 6.25 pound and is very healthy. Mother is still under recovery. I just want to thank God for my life and that of my baby because we where both at full risk.

My only worry is this bill but am sure God will do it again for me. Help me thank God everyone.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by evemama: 8:17am On May 27, 2016
I don't understand n this whole drama o! Which way nija na? My ticket is united, I don't need all this headache and its for july ending. How I wan take return na.

blue355:
Hi everyone,

United Airlines would like to inform you that our flight operations will cease from Nigeria as of June 30th, 2016. The last flight from Houston to Lagos (UA142) will operate on June 29th, 2016 and Lagos to Houston (UA143) on June 30th, 2016.

United will be offering the following to all affected passengers:

Wholly unused ticketed customers with departure after June 30th , 2016:
United will offer a full refund with all applicable fees waived.
Customers who commence travel before June 30th , 2016: United will re-protect customers to alternative carriers for their inbound trip.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nobody: 8:46am On May 27, 2016
Egonne1:
Hello people, thought to update the house, I was finally able to get the 32 pages Nigerian passport for my LO at Ikoyi passport office for 22000, got it within two days of applying. Sent necessary documents to the immigration guy on Monday, went for capturing yesterday and was ready later the same day. So for anyone interested in getting theirs too.

I m interested in getting my passport kindly pm me the Guy number and name my email ruemu77@gmail.com .

Does the guy work in the passport section at okoyi

Regards
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by LadyGuinivere: 8:58am On May 27, 2016
ridlaw:

No, told the VO she was going for vacation. someone in the US was inviting her. The pregnancy wasn't obvious then.

Herein lies the misrepresentation.
Read froom like 5 pages back. Somebody asked this exact question. I replied with some quotes. Read and decide on what una wan do.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by chikos: 9:48am On May 27, 2016
evemama:
I don't understand n this whole drama o! Which way nija na? My ticket is united, I don't need all this headache and its for july ending. How I wan take return na.

They said they will refund you the full amount paid which means that they won't be flying from Nigeria from first of July. So call and find out how u will collect ur money
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by chikos: 9:54am On May 27, 2016
ridlaw:

Let your sister go for her vacation first.she should use the opportunity to look for a doctor and hospital. Then comeback for the delivery. She might get her visa cancelled if she writes to the embassy considering the fact that she is already four months

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by bims87(f): 11:15am On May 27, 2016
chikos:
Hello all,

Thanks

You should have notorised it before you left Nigeria and then travel with it cos there is no where he will notorise in US.
The way out is for him to notorise it when he gets back to Nig and then send it by courier to you.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Msp: 2:28pm On May 27, 2016
hi, can he wait till the baby is born? you can notarize in ups or fedex for a fee, or if he has a us bank account i think he can get it notarized in the bank.

chikos:
Hello all,

Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by greatie: 3:06pm On May 27, 2016
bims87:

You should have notorised it before you left Nigeria and then travel with it cos there is no where he will notorise in US.
The way out is for him to notorise it when he gets back to Nig and then send it by courier to you.

That's what i intend to do. Notorise without putting a date before leaving Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Ajujuju2: 3:43pm On May 27, 2016
greatie:

That's what i intend to do. Notorise without putting a date before leaving Nigeria.

A notorised document without a date is an incomplete document. Plus it is illegal for the notary to do so as he is required to seal and sign to authenticate d document.

I'm not in support of pre- notorising however if you must go ahead, have it properly signed, dated and sealed.

A notorised document is valid if used within 3mnths (90 days) frm the date of notary. Even d US consent form clearly states the 90 day timelime.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by greatie: 3:59pm On May 27, 2016
Ajujuju2:

A notorised document without a date is an incomplete document. Plus it is illegal for the notary to do so as he is required to seal and sign to authenticate d document.

I'm not in support of pre- notorising however if you must go ahead, have it properly signed, dated and sealed.

A notorised document is valid if used within 3mnths (90 days) frm the date of notary. Even d US consent form clearly states the 90 day timelime.

Oh i dint know this. Thank you. Will get it dated and sealed.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Zumabeezle: 4:57pm On May 27, 2016
Ajujuju2:

Hmmm ds frnch ppl r harsh o.
First ts only 10kg dy gv baby yet thy wana collect $463...Mschewew. please try buying from naija. I hav read moms here saying ts cheaper from naija.

Let me knw how t goes.

So my hubby went to airfrance office o. Same story. We can only buy from the US.
I also heard United air wants to stop coming to Nigeria. How true is this people?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Ajujuju2: 5:21pm On May 27, 2016
Zumabeezle:

So my hubby went to airfrance office o. Same story. We can only buy from the US.
I also heard United air wants to stop coming to Nigeria. How true is this people?

Nigeria we hail thee...

Will you blame any of them? They run a business and when an economy isnt profit friendly they reserve the right to deal as they please.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by sapphirekings: 5:23pm On May 27, 2016
Zumabeezle:

We called airfrance here in US and the customer service rep added my baby ticket and it cost 81 dollars and some change. Couldnt use nigerian debit card to pay so it was either go to airport to pay or pay with US credit card. If you pay with US credit card,the owner of the card has to be with you on the day of travel just for identification. Thats what the rep said.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Zumabeezle: 5:37pm On May 27, 2016
sapphirekings:

We called airfrance here in US and the customer service rep added my baby ticket and it cost 81 dollars and some change. Couldnt use nigerian debit card to pay so it was either go to airport to pay or pay with US credit card. If you pay with US credit card,the owner of the card has to be with you on the day of travel just for identification. Thats what the rep said.

Please help a sister out. Which number did u call?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Zumabeezle: 5:38pm On May 27, 2016
Ajujuju2:

Nigeria we hail thee...

Will you blame any of them? They run a business and when an economy isnt profit friendly they reserve the right to deal as they please.

I don't blame them o.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Zumabeezle: 5:43pm On May 27, 2016
sapphirekings:

Is it the number ending with 2747 u called?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by sapphirekings: 6:49pm On May 27, 2016
Zumabeezle:

Is it the number ending with 2747 u called?

Yes, that is the number.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by sapphirekings: 6:50pm On May 27, 2016
sapphirekings:

Yes, that is the number.

1-800-237-2747.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Mumtwins08: 7:20pm On May 27, 2016
Worried about this United wahala .... My mums flight is July ... And we are supposed to return together .... This one they will stop flying from June 30 embarassed cry
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by telias: 7:35pm On May 27, 2016
Msp:
hi, can he wait till the baby is born? you can notarize in ups or fedex for a fee, or if he has a us bank account i think he can get it notarized in the bank.

If he's waiting till baby is born, there is no need for notarising if he's present

(1) (2) (3) ... (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) ... (405)

Polish Student Visa / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.