Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,686 members, 7,820,392 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:07 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 - Travel (134) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (900940 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by biollar1: 6:47pm On May 25, 2016
Yes dear...not a problem. Will be expecting ur pm.

Which hosp n doc r u using?

bubelahot:

Hello dear, r u in Houston... Make we hook up... As per phone things here in Houston ....will send you my phone no.if its okay by you via pm
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by biollar1: 6:48pm On May 25, 2016
Just got mine today o

I no fit cry my dear

feddy27:

Standard chartered just sent a mail dis evening that from June 1st you will no longer be able to use your naira debit and credit cards for international transactions. That is is due to the current volatility in the foreign exchange market
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nnystc: 7:00pm On May 25, 2016
Abi Stanchart Don dey read Nairaland? grin cheesy

feddy27:

Standard chartered just sent a mail dis evening that from June 1st you will no longer be able to use your naira debit and credit cards for international transactions. That is is due to the current volatility in the foreign exchange market
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ccemordi(m): 7:08pm On May 25, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

U actually dnt need to follow me to pm me. Please no vex. State the issue/ ask the question here. I prefer that as my own personal checks and balances against yarning nansense. From the time u sent the pm, we fr don yarn the thing finish enter another gist sef if u don post the thing here
Thanks

@ladyG.. True Talk
I just got back from a brief vacation (Dubai) with my family and on our return .. We met a lady in the plane who just had her baby at Oakbend. We started yarnin and i told her about my plans that we having our baby at WHMC and have made some payment but we are yet to apply to the embassy. She come advise me to apply with wife and daughter (Family) since we have travel history together.. So am kinda confuse .. What do you think? You talked about travel History in your respond to one of my Post.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by feddy27: 7:15pm On May 25, 2016
Nnystc:
Abi Stanchart Don dey read Nairaland? grin cheesy

E reach to ask o....lol
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by LadyGuinivere: 8:16pm On May 25, 2016
ccemordi:

@ladyG.. True Talk
I just got back from a brief vacation (Dubai) with my family and on our return .. We met a lady in the plane who just had her baby at Oakbend. We started yarnin and i told her about my plans that we having our baby at WHMC and have made some payment but we are yet to apply to the embassy. She come advise me to apply with wife and daughter (Family) since we have travel history together.. So am kinda confuse .. What do you think? You talked about travel History in your respond to one of my Post.
In my opinion I'll ask, what do u want more? A family vacation or for your wife to get a visa?
If your wife's visa is paramount to u, then let her apply alone and use both of u as ties, or she applies with u and your daughter is left home as a tie. The whole family applying together raises the standard of proof (in my opinion) as u will also have the burden to prove u guys will return after the trip plus the burden that u can afford the whle expenses.
Face the expedient issue ist

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by feddy27: 9:06pm On May 25, 2016
biollar1:

Just got mine today o

I no fit cry my dear

Pele jare, we must overcome.

As I see ur post, I just dey happy not knowing say d people don hold meeting for our head
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by TheLeakyTribe(f): 9:21pm On May 25, 2016
Gtb is now charging N325 to $1.

Beware

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ucystan(f): 9:34pm On May 25, 2016
Abeg who has done this Form A stuff?? I don't know why CBN keeps deducting and Reversing the money. Pls is that d process?? They have done it like twice now, something I applied for since 3weeks ago!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Miracletwinee: 9:34pm On May 25, 2016
[quote author=mismarshal post=45958856]Hello Mamas, please who has had to remove a cerclage in Houston? How much did it cost and which doctor did you use.

i removed my cerclage at oakbend and it was at the point of delivery (cs) it was done along side the CS for free but I don't know how they bill when it's VD. I guess it will be done before you fall into labor because I was told it's dangerous to go into labour with it because it can cause the uterus to rupture please talk to your Ob/g and remove it early enough it is normally removed as from 36 weeks..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Xenadarl: 9:42pm On May 25, 2016
TheLeakyTribe:
Gtb is now charging N325 to $1.

Beware
Na wa o! I don port to standard chartered abeg. My heart just skipped now. Thank God am already on my way home.
Phew! This missionary journey has given me serious palpitations.
Na God hand we dey
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by telias: 10:13pm On May 25, 2016
biollar1:
Just when i wan start my enjoyment sad standard chartered just broke my heart like Stanbic . Got dis mail from dem ryt now. Na to dey withdraw till den daily o. I was able to withdraw $200 via atm in Walmart at the rate of N277 per $. No further charge(s) whatsoever.

House, what's the max one can do on money order? Since their limit na $10,000 annually and all can be used in 2 months or 3months.

Abeg gurus...how I fit withdraw reasonable amount before month end?

You can not exceed a set limit for daily pos transactions for money order unfortunately. But if they are willing to increase limit for you (very doubtful) then you can do more. It is tied to daily pos transaction limit
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by mismarshal(f): 10:55pm On May 25, 2016
Thank you so much. I am also using Oakbend and Dr Dama says the cerclage would be removed at 37 weeks he is however yet to give me the cost. I would just patiently wait for him.

Thanks again.

[quote author=Miracletwinee post=45968913][/quote]

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ccemordi(m): 12:49am On May 26, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

In my opinion I'll ask, what do u want more? A family vacation or for your wife to get a visa?
If your wife's visa is paramount to u, then let her apply alone and use both of u as ties, or she applies with u and your daughter is left home as a tie. The whole family applying together raises the standard of proof (in my opinion) as u will also have the burden to prove u guys will return after the trip plus the burden that u can afford the whle expenses.
Face the expedient issue ist

Thank you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by swappylove: 3:28am On May 26, 2016
@ justwise why u remove my post nau?
I wasn't advertising for anyone o.its US government passport agency not a private agency.guess u misunderstood

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by MommaT: 4:38am On May 26, 2016
Please can anyone confirm if 1 carton of indomie noodles will pose a challenge for my mum at POE, I brought a carton which I declared and it was scanned but not seized. However, my SIL told her it's not allowed, from her own experience because it has chicken....mom is worried as she leaves tomorrow night, I also don't want anything that'll stress her at POE.. Any specific rules guiding this?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by bubelahot: 5:31am On May 26, 2016
MommaT:
Please can anyone confirm if 1 carton of indomie noodles will pose a challenge for my mum at POE, I brought a carton which I declared and it was scanned but not seized. However, my SIL told her it's not allowed, from her own experience because it has chicken....mom is worried as she leaves tomorrow night, I also don't want anything that'll stress her at POE.. Any specific rules guiding this?
Chicken kwa? ??didn't know that noodles contained chicken! !#
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by LadyGuinivere: 6:05am On May 26, 2016
MommaT:
I believe sme mamas here hav gone with uup to a carton. Tthe chicken is the issue. Any meat /fish flavour is usuallly siezed. Why dontt u just get her a carton with no meat flavour? That may mean getting a different brand from indomie. No stress that woman o! grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Virtuousdiva: 6:50am On May 26, 2016
desoul:
please house, have any body used dallas forth worth (DFW) international airport as point of entry..how was it?
.pls share your experienc7e

Dallas Forth Worth...One POE that still gladdens my heart...I booked a flight via British Airways to Elpaso and choose the option of waiting for 4hrs to connect to elpaso in case they decide to take me in for secondary questioning and ended up spending only 20mins answering questions,waiting for my bag and just sat through the whole 3hrs plus waiting for my flight..

Me:Good afternoon
Vo:Good afternoon,so why are you in dallas today
Me:Childbirth Sir
VO:Really Step back let me take a look at you
Me: i did oo and he saw belle(i wore top,jean and sneakers) so i wonder how him no see.Asked me how far gone.i said 35weeks and 4days as BA permits 36 to fly and i was indeed 35 and 4days
VO:Do you have a doctor's correspondence,i said yes,he asked for it,checked it
VO:Do you have other kids?
Me:I said Yes i do,they are back in Nigeria while showing him their zero balance,he just glances through and gives me back.
VO:Do you have your landing card with you?
Me:I said Yes,gives it to him and he turns the back to check the foodstuff i listed and returns it to me(i took everything takeable excluding yams,oil and seeds).
VO:Do you have money to declare...i didnt cos i went with 8k cash and cards.If you have cash to declare, they will just direct you to someone that will count it.
VO:Okay maam,enjoy your stay in elpaso and remember to pay your bills as you did for the others and get your receipts.
Me:Thank you Sir.Have a nice day.
He then directed me to where i picked my box from Agriculture..Before i got there,they had already screened mine so i just took my box,gave them my landing card and went to wait for my flight to elpaso....
I forgot to add..This trip was made early last year.

8 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by oyin3: 6:56am On May 26, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

I believe sme mamas here hav gone with uup to a carton. Tthe chicken is the issue. Any meat /fish flavour is usuallly siezed. Why dontt u just get her a carton with no meat flavour? That may mean getting a different brand from indomie. No stress that woman o! grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by feddy27: 6:59am On May 26, 2016
MommaT:

You can buy indomie onions; they normally seize indomie chicken
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by justwise(m): 7:14am On May 26, 2016
swappylove:

OK now I understand u now.i am actually talking about the passport agency.dallas passport agency which u can use if u are pressed for time.n u don't pay any extra, just the 65dollars expediting fee.
It's on 1100 commerce street.however call 8774872778 to book an appointment first

swappylove:
@ justwise why u remove my post nau?
I wasn't advertising for anyone o.its US government passport agency not a private agency. guess u misunderstood

Yes and that was because you posted two numbers one for government and another for private agent
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by suebabe: 7:38am On May 26, 2016
Good day mamas and papas,
I have been calling hospitals in Houston for their charges and mode of payment, I really wanted to use Houston Northwest medical centre because it is the cheapest I could find, also called oakbend and they don't accept bank transfers, please can anyome refer me to an affordable hospital in Houston that's accepts form A payment and a doctor too who accepts, because I wanted to pay some of my bills before applying for my B2 visa,
Thanks as I await a response
God bless
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by luckyman23: 8:07am On May 26, 2016
please what is the current exchange rate for using GTB ATM in US and First Bank ATM in US?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by seeseun(f): 8:55am On May 26, 2016
luckyman23:
please what is the current exchange rate for using GTB ATM in US and First Bank ATM in US?

See abokifx.com for the latest rates.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ebony13: 8:55am On May 26, 2016
Mr/Mrs/Ms Luckyman23 try and acknowledge people that have answered your previous questions before na, no' thank you' no pleasantries, you just go straight to ask question.

is that how you do?

8 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Gloriousmum: 8:56am On May 26, 2016
U can always check using aboki fx. It gives an idea of daily atm Possibly withdrawal rates for nigerian banks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by TheLeakyTribe(f): 8:57am On May 26, 2016
luckyman23:

Hello sir,

If you scroll up this page ( this very page oh!!!) You'll see that I mentioned GTB's most recent charge for atm.

This thread may not be of much use to you if you don't try to read up at least a little. I understand that you want to get information but the easiest way is to read up. Almost everything has been said at least thrice. Your constant one line questions make it obvious that you haven't bothered to read up and that's why you rarely get responses.

17 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Gloriousmum: 8:59am On May 26, 2016
Abokifx.com I mean
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by biollar1: 9:02am On May 26, 2016
It depends on the Poe ...I came in with 2 cartons of indomie ONIONS and scaled thru. I know of someone that came in thru Etihad (Abu Dhabi) Poe and all was seized. So my dear it depends on the Poe and they don't like anything chicken ...just do Onions.

MommaT:
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by customised87: 9:04am On May 26, 2016
desoul:
please house, have any body used dallas forth worth (DFW) international airport as point of entry..how was it?
.pls share your experience

DFW is bae, no stress whatsoever. All in all, na favour sure pass.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by LadyGuinivere: 9:43am On May 26, 2016
TheLeakyTribe:

Hello sir,

If you scroll up this page ( this very page oh!!!) You'll see that I mentioned GTB's most recent charge for atm.

This thread may not be of much use to you if you don't try to read up at least a little. I understand that you want to get information but the easiest way is to read up. Almost everything has been said at least thrice. Your constant one line questions make it obvious that you haven't bothered to read up and that's why you rarely get responses.
Azzin! Right on this very page. Plus questions that google can answer.
Anyways I think the fellow is just trying to feel the pulse of the thread.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) ... (405)

Polish Student Visa / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / Travelling To Canada Part 11

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.