Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,473 members, 7,843,449 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 05:12 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 - Travel (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (905931 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by tbaby123(f): 5:55pm On Apr 06, 2016
mrsbw:
Hello all...please I got an infant ticket for my baby on Delta. The ticket is one-way. I intend getting a naija visa on her passport. However, noticed on the first page that justwise posted that if the travel doc is an intl passport, it should be a return ticket. Is this correct?

To the best of knowledge, if an infant is attached to the mum's PNR no airline will request for a return ticket, only if the ticket is purchased separately from the mum's PNR, becos how can a minor who is not occupying a seat travel back alone

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Kemo88: 6:05pm On Apr 06, 2016
Hello everyone ,
Please I was going through the thread and I have a some more questions
1) please what is ETC? I noticed people kept saying you can get ETC if you don't have time to get a naija visa after getting the blue Pali. What is the process for getting ETC and what is the pro and con of ETC compared to a Naija visa
2) if there is no US passport agency where you are, is there anyway you can still get the passport same day. I noticed people who didn't have passport agencies in their state had to use the post office and it took 2 weeks...... Is there any other way?
Thanks a lot !
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Austine2020: 6:05pm On Apr 06, 2016
cinakin:
Some posts just make me wanna curse some people. But I'll be chill cause we have three more days till Friday grin
I key to what u said,thats how someone asked whats the benefits of birthing in the US here on this forum after seeing everything that is happening in Nig today.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Kemo88: 6:11pm On Apr 06, 2016
nefertitiram:

choi! I no do o!

Seems you will be having a summer baby. Thank God for that. How did you manage Alaska cold in Feb. ?
Meanwhile,if you don't mind, please can I DM you? I really need to clarify somethings and you seem to have a hang of these things.
Let me know. Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by temmytee1(f): 6:14pm On Apr 06, 2016
Hi all, I know a lot has been said about delivery in Chicago. Ive tried the quick search but can't lay hold on the particular infor I need.
Please could anyone give me infor about cheap hospitals and pricing to give birth in Chicago.
Thank you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ChicMalkia: 6:28pm On Apr 06, 2016
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by hardeymijuh: 6:41pm On Apr 06, 2016
Dear All,
I sent a mail to Houston Methodist Sugarland and got a prompt response; $2538 for VD fees and $3780 for CS. what is the current rates for Oakbend Medical?
Torn between Dr Amajoh and Houston Methodist and Dr E of Oakbend? Do they accept form A payment?
Pls helep me ooooo

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by favoredgal: 6:44pm On Apr 06, 2016
bbaby84:

Maybe I don't get what you're on about but I've done it twice both with Edwin and Tanko.

I would think USPS charges a flat rate for their post regardless of what state you're in.

Using Tanko/Edwin is more cost effective than buying airplane ticket with a baby to go to DC, Atlanta or NY (those are the only 3 I know), and also logistic wise.

Now who said anything about boarding a plane?

I'm not on about anything - Incase you don't know that's a rude statement to make

It's you that jumped on my response so pls free me madam

Suggest your own and let me be

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by temmyo: 6:47pm On Apr 06, 2016
Double standards!
ChicMalkia:
Of course you can do it yourself...I really find it funny that though mums on here discourage the use of agents for visa application, some use visa agents in the US where its an even less difficult process...maybe the use of agents is to expedite the process sha. Anyways I processed my baby's visa myself and got it back in about 7 working days. Can't remember if there is the expedited option but I wasn't in a hurry.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Iwanawana: 6:49pm On Apr 06, 2016
ozycy:

Is there a new development on the passport upload? The last time I checked, you can submit without uploading your passport and just go to the embassy with your passport on your interview day.

I read on d other thread moderated by VOS that you must submit ur passport online before submitting your forms as they are trying to scrap off the passport hard copies. Its better to be safe than sorry.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by mrsbw: 6:50pm On Apr 06, 2016
justwise:

You are referring to your unborn baby here right?

I gave birth 4 weeks ago
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ayanuke: 6:50pm On Apr 06, 2016
babyokujide:
Hello mamas+papas,

Any review on Qatar airline...intend flying with them in may. Kindly share experience(s).

Thanks a bunch!

I have flown them a couple of times but not as a preggie, great leg room, Top notch in flight entertainments, I don't sleep no matter how long the flight is angry so I am particular about in-flight entertainments)food and drink boku, when I travelled to d UK in 2014 with my son they gave him a lot of goodies from snacks to toys to lunch bag and even a miniature toy of the plane we boarded (it was a brand new plane). Doha airport is a beautiful airport with lot of window shopping grin that being said You need to find out about the layover (sometimes it can be loonggg) and policy for preggy and new born though. Best of Luck.

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by favoredgal: 6:51pm On Apr 06, 2016
Kemo88:

Fly down Keh? Please can I just mail it from Alaska to the naija embassy myself? Would It get done?

I don't know who mentioned fly down oh and why she is stating it in response to me
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nobody: 7:03pm On Apr 06, 2016
biollar1:
Hehehehehehe.... Lol @atawewe.

My dear same procedure o, I applied at the one on Osolo way(Ajao Estate) with passport,visa page and ticket . My account is not domiciled at the branch, just decided to try my luck and that's it o. Was charged N395 for Vat, N7900 for sumthin sumthin 1% cash processing and got the $4k at N197 per $.

They just started selling actually. I specifically asked the CSM there and she said they have started selling but it takes 5 working days to get approval. 5 cum turn to 2weeks den 3weeks.

A colleague applied a week ago and was also given.

His took just a week cos he's traveling April, mine is still May, I'm guessing da prolly delayed it a bit. U dig?

yeah I dig thanks a lot dear, i'll definitely relate the info it will even be useful for me as i'll be travelling this second quarter too, thanks a lot kiss kiss my atawewe tongue
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nobody: 7:04pm On Apr 06, 2016
biollar1:

Wow! Let me tell hubby asap. Many thanks

Na u dem dey tell?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nobody: 7:05pm On Apr 06, 2016
ayanuke:

I have flown them a couple of times but not as a preggie, great leg room, Top notch in flight entertainments, I don't sleep no matter how long the flight is angry so I am particular about in-flight entertainments)food and drink boku, when I travelled to d UK in 2014 with my son they gave him a lot of goodies from snacks to toys to lunch bag and even a miniature toy of the plane we boarded (it was a brand new plane). Qatar airport is a beautiful airport with lot of window shopping grin that being said You need to find out about the layover (sometimes it can be loonggg) and policy for preggy and new born though. Best of Luck.
I concur grin Qatar Airways is really good but their layovers are not usually friendly
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by mumnadine: 7:07pm On Apr 06, 2016
N
ucystan:
Pls has anybody flown Royal Air Marco to America before... Nah me buy d ticket oo, but as time don dey reach d flight don dey come fear me. Lol... @Nerf now kukuma made it more scary for me! When I told her she scream and said in her life she never hear anyone way don fly with them before. grin nah where ur sister dey find cheap ticket oo (covers face). I paid a return ticket for 240k from Lagos - new York through travelstart.
Hmm... d flight nah same day flight oo.. leave 19th may in d morning naija time and land 19th may at 6:30pm American time. (I never see that can flight before sha).
Abeg anybody get experience with dis airline.
Is bad my dear new of someone dat used it.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by bbaby84(f): 7:07pm On Apr 06, 2016
favoredgal:

Now who said anything about boarding a plane?

I'm not on about anything - Incase you don't know that's a rude statement to make

It's you that jumped on my response so pls free me madam

Suggest your own and let me be

Madam I had freed you from your first post. You didn't need to modify your comment and be adding what not.

Go ahead and read your post I replied/ quoted, it didn't sound too polite to me hence my reply.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by sugah: 7:09pm On Apr 06, 2016
Kemo88:
Hello everyone ,
Please I was going through the thread and I have a some more questions
1) please what is ETC? I noticed people kept saying you can get ETC if you don't have time to get a naija visa after getting the blue Pali. What is the process for getting ETC and what is the pro and con of ETC compared to a Naija visa
!

Check justwise's post on the first page of this part 4.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ChicMalkia: 7:18pm On Apr 06, 2016
Are you referring to me or?...I understand what double standard is but won't it be nice specifying what/who you are referring to? Until you enlighten me, I will assume you are referring to mums who discourage use of visa agents in Naija but go use visa agents in the US.

temmyo:
Double standards!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by LadyGuinivere: 7:24pm On Apr 06, 2016
ChicMalkia:
Are you referring to me or?...I understand what double standard is but won't it be nice specifying what/who you are referring to? Until you enlighten me, I will assume you are referring to mums who discourage use of visa agents in Naija but go use visa agents in the US.

I think that's what she meant. At least that's what I got frm the natural flow of ALL the related posts put together

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by LadyGuinivere: 7:26pm On Apr 06, 2016
Too much hormones in this thread today...

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ayanuke: 7:28pm On Apr 06, 2016
LadyGuinivere:
Too much hormones in this thread today...

Too much Lady G, I guess no fuel and no electricity is adding to it grin. How body?

6 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Kemo88: 7:30pm On Apr 06, 2016
sugah:

Check justwise's post on the first page of this part 4.
God bless you. I didn't know ETC was short for emergency travel document. It looks easy, why are people not doing this? It seems easier than the naija visa... Am I missing something here? Wait ETC does not disturb the blue Pali right? Can you do ETC if your husband isn't with you on the trip?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Kemo88: 7:32pm On Apr 06, 2016
ayanuke:

Too much Lady G, I guess no fuel and no electricity is adding to it grin. How body?
Asin ehn! Just now I read someone's reply to me and I was about to lash out, then I realized the reply was actually helpful. I guess it's hormones plus the country's situation.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by sugah: 7:42pm On Apr 06, 2016
Kemo88:

God bless you. I didn't know ETC was short for emergency travel document. It looks easy, why are people not doing this? It seems easier than the naija visa... Am I missing something here? Wait ETC does not disturb the blue Pali right? Can you do ETC if your husband isn't with you on the trip?

The only downside I hear of is it has to be used within 7days of getting it.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by LadyGuinivere: 7:46pm On Apr 06, 2016
ayanuke:

Body dey inside cloth barely! This fuel chunchin sef!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by biollar1: 8:15pm On Apr 06, 2016
Was able to pay Oakbend via Form A but they've stopped wire transfer now. Last I checked and got for VD is $2300 and $3500 for CS but heard they increased their prices slighting like $200(not sure).

Also got Dr E (hope women clinic)'s wire details too (she just started accepting wire payments. I tried paying but stanbic requested for a signed reference letter from Dr E and Laurie ( Dr E's PA) wasn't digging my explanation at all so I decided to pay Oakbend

Thanks to firsttymum once again. God bless u

hardeymijuh:
Dear All,
I sent a mail to Houston Methodist Sugarland and got a prompt response; $2538 for VD fees and $3780 for CS. what is the current rates for Oakbend Medical?
Torn between Dr Amajoh and Houston Methodist and Dr E of Oakbend? Do they accept form A payment?
Pls helep me ooooo
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by nefertitiram: 8:17pm On Apr 06, 2016
ChicMalkia:

She is agreeing with you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by cinakin: 8:18pm On Apr 06, 2016
Lol! Everyone is entitled to their opinion in that, some people don't see being a us citizen as a big deal, not asking how to defraud the system,when you are not entitled to it.
Austine2020:
I key to what u said,thats how someone asked whats the benefits of birthing in the US here on this forum after seeing everything that is happening in Nig today.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by nefertitiram: 8:20pm On Apr 06, 2016
sugah:

The only downside I hear of is it has to be used within 7days of getting it.

Actually, it is post dated to the day of your trip (as it is on your ticket),and you need to using it within 7 days after that date.

If your said trip is Apr 30, the ETC is dated Apr 30 and you are expected to use it between Apr 30 and May 6.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (405)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Polish Student Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.