Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,192 members, 7,829,268 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:13 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 - Travel (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (902239 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by babyokujide(f): 11:36pm On Apr 06, 2016
Beryl15:

If your going to fly Qatar 35 weeks won't work o! They are going to cancel your flight( mine was). According to Qatar 32w+1day =33w and so on.
You'll need to fill and submit the medif form, an indemnity form and get approval from a Dr in Doha to travel one week to your travel date.
So you might want to fly at 34w max.

What if one gets a fit to fly + medif form that reduces ones GA and increases the EDD. Am just realizing this. On their website they said 35wks max and am gonna be 34wks+ on my departure date. Shld I get a doctor to write 33wks+ for me? Will it be a prob? Pls help a sister out.

Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ozycy: 11:38pm On Apr 06, 2016
prolify:

You can do the naija visa yourself if you have about 2 weeks to spare,I used the consulate in newyork tho,after I filled the forms and mailed it to them,i kept calling but they never answered and the box was always full so I couldn't leave a message,after about 8 working days I got the passport in the mail.Its risky if you don't have a lot of time to spare,i think overall I spent roughly 250-280(cant remember exact figures)but I heard the agents take about 350,considering all the stress I passed through going back and forth the post office,i should have just given the agent.that's one less thing to worry about.
Is the $250-$280 inclusive of shipping fee to and fro?
For the person that asked why people use agent for visa is mainly because they don't have enough time for example, I had just one week to process the visa, so I didn't want to take chances so I didn't think twice about using agent.
And again, someone complained of her application being abandoned after submission even after paying for expedited.
And again, the difference in price is not really so much. If it were to be up to $300 difference grin, I trust mamas here cos they
Must dig out ways to go about it.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by passionantchica: 11:41pm On Apr 06, 2016
Oh boy!
Thanks a million!!
So that's how I'd have entered one chance ehn. It's good to ask questions o.

Beryl15:

If your going to fly Qatar 35 weeks won't work o! They are going to cancel your flight( mine was). According to Qatar 32w+1day =33w and so on.
You'll need to fill and submit the medif form, an indemnity form and get approval from a Dr in Doha to travel one week to your travel date.
So you might want to fly at 34w max.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by passionantchica: 11:46pm On Apr 06, 2016
From what she stated, I believe you're good.
Since 34weeks plus will equate 35weeks to them. As long as you're still within their 35 weeks and haven't crossed into 35weeks + x.

This is my personal conclusion o. I can't guarantee.

babyokujide:

What if one gets a fit to fly + medif form that reduces ones GA and increases the EDD. Am just realizing this. On their website they said 35wks max and am gonna be 34wks+ on my departure date. Shld I get a doctor to write 33wks+ for me? Will it be a prob? Pls help a sister out.

Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by tbash16: 11:48pm On Apr 06, 2016
Ok..thanks this is helpful.

prolify:

You can do the naija visa yourself if you have about 2 weeks to spare,I used the consulate in newyork tho,after I filled the forms and mailed it to them,i kept calling but they never answered and the box was always full so I couldn't leave a message,after about 8 working days I got the passport in the mail.Its risky if you don't have a lot of time to spare,i think overall I spent roughly 250-280(cant remember exact figures)but I heard the agents take about 350,considering all the stress I passed through going back and forth the post office,i should have just given the agent.that's one less thing to worry about.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by CassyO: 12:00am On Apr 07, 2016
fitmaama2:

Pls can someone answer my questions and help pls

Hello I think your quote for OBJ is high but you need to call the hospital and not the doctor to get the hospital fee

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by passionantchica: 12:09am On Apr 07, 2016
Google flying while pregnant Qatar airways, you'll see the specific info on their website.

babyokujide:

Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by CassyO: 12:16am On Apr 07, 2016
Moyetty:
Hello house, please is anyone travelling to dallas with Emirates airline? Pls let me know. Thnks

When are u coming
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by glassy2606(f): 12:32am On Apr 07, 2016
Hello house,please i need help on how to get PTA and cheap ticket to atlanta,am travelling nxt month.will appreciate your help please my people
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ucystan(f): 12:42am On Apr 07, 2016
Thanks darling, so I should just expect d worst sha.. lol.. well I don zero my mind already.

Adiahabasi:
Flew Maroc London-lag in 2014..they were doing bonanza of 1 extra 23kg bag for free..hmm my dear you get what you pay for o,it's a 2* airline,small plane but leg room was ok,crappy food,no in flight entertainment @ all,air hostesses were a bit cold,bordering on rude and "wowo"...all that was still manageable..but then dy dropped some passengers off in Benin republic and that was not on our intinery.Seems they combined 2 half filled flights from the cassablanca leg of the journey without informing us the passengers .... Anyways that ĺwas 2years ago and they might have gotten better.Can I fly wt them again?..hmmm yes,if its way cheaper than others..shows how much i like awuf..You'll be fine dear,ur LO sef will keep u busy on your return leg so you won't miss the inflight entertainment..Go wt a tab/novel to keep u occupied when going.
Someone else asked abt quatar..now that's a 5* airline,everything on point,cld even say services better than emirates..But them no like our green pali o..they usually have long ganster stop-overs,they allow ppl wt blue/red pali to enter their country andbook them into a hotel but not us.We just have to stay in the airport throughout (even if its a 9hr stopover like mine was).
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ozycy: 12:43am On Apr 07, 2016
babyokujide:

What if one gets a fit to fly + medif form that reduces ones GA and increases the EDD. Am just realizing this. On their website they said 35wks max and am gonna be 34wks+ on my departure date. [b]Shld I get a doctor to write 33wks+ for me? [/b]Will it be a prob? Pls help a sister out.

Thanks
embarassed
I think you should modify @ the bolded. Pple from diff part of the continent come to this thread to read and this is not a good one for us. Am not forming holy than thou, just concerned about my country Nigeria grin

6 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by nana101: 12:59am On Apr 07, 2016
Hello all, I need ur advise, I called Dr. Ansera's office and I was told he does not give email correspondence and that when I get to the US, I call the office and he tells me when to come for my appointment. What do I say at the POE when asked to show Dr's correspondence. POE is at Dulles, Washington DC.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by glassy2606(f): 1:02am On Apr 07, 2016
Please i need cheap ticket to atlanta and PTA ooooo somebody should answer me ooooo
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ChicMalkia: 2:07am On Apr 07, 2016
Lol...me too got same meaning o but I just found it weird that she just wrote "double standards!" without even specifying anything...

LadyGuinivere:

I think that's what she meant. At least that's what I got frm the natural flow of ALL the related posts put together

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ChicMalkia: 2:09am On Apr 07, 2016
I concur with you...its just weird how she wrote "double standards" with no reference to anything... Lolz

nefertitiram:

She is agreeing with you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by mrsbw: 3:53am On Apr 07, 2016
Hi @favoredgal pls which shipping agent did uou eventually use? And were they reliable?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by sowbabe: 4:34am On Apr 07, 2016
TheLeakyTribe:

You can try burlington coat factory

Dillards is on sales!

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by merrymum: 4:48am On Apr 07, 2016
nefertitiram:

Actually, it is post dated to the day of your trip (as it is on your ticket),and you need to using it within 7 days after that date.

If your said trip is Apr 30, the ETC is dated Apr 30 and you are expected to use it between Apr 30 and May 6.

Thanks for this info. Had same question.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by bolous(f): 5:15am On Apr 07, 2016
ozycy:

Medical, B2.

I have quite similar situation. My ask is, would that still be via Dropbox or we have to go in for interview again.
By the way, I did use my visa for vacation and would be traveling with my older kids and hubby.
Would appreciate a kind response.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ebiv: 5:16am On Apr 07, 2016
Hi everyone, pls is there any May bound Houston mum in the house.. I think I 'll be sticking to my Dr F with oakbend. Used him for my first baby.
Also any bank in Abj selling PTA?Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by TheLeakyTribe(f): 5:24am On Apr 07, 2016
ozycy:

Medical, B2.

I think it's okay for the wife to fill Medical, but the man should fill business/ tourism. It's the same b1/b2 visa but she's the one using Medical facilities.

My reason is simple, if they both fill medical as the reason for the trip then the financial scrutiny is higher. My opinion sha, and also how I filled forms for Dropbox renewal for my husband and I.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by biollar1: 6:01am On Apr 07, 2016
Try Jaiz bank n unity bank HO

ebiv:
Hi everyone, pls is there any May bound Houston mum in the house.. I think I 'll be sticking to my Dr F with oakbend. Used him for my first baby.
Also any bank in Abj selling PTA?Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by mohammad2016: 6:37am On Apr 07, 2016
I received below Package prices from Methodist hospital,

Case Rate for Hospital $4,068.00
Case Rate for Anesthesiologist $1,500.00
Estimate for Pathologist Mother: $120.00
Estimate for Pathologist Baby:$60.00

Could you please advise If the Anesthesiologist cost is the same of this offer

Natsuki:
I am my baby now I delievered in Methodist Sugarland
I paid 2538 for vd
Doctor 2400 and 200 for test
Pediatrician 200
I thought that was my bill but today I received another bill for usd 746,50 it says nursery and labs? The hospital is nice but i did not be very satisfied with all, and worse with this new bill that I never imagine why they are charging me I thought it was included in the package, so mamas be carefull ask for everything then they just send the bills it is not fair
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Beryl15: 6:56am On Apr 07, 2016
babyokujide:

Thanks
Ah! Our president ( Ozycy) come 2019 don tie my mouth grin
I think you're good to go but pls submit those forms one week to your travel date & follow it up too. And I forgot to add you'll need fit to fly from port health too.
Cc:passionantchica
[/quote]
passionantchica:
Oh boy!
Thanks a million!!
So that's how I'd have entered one chance ehn. It's good to ask questions o.
You're welcome dear. I don't want to remember that experience and don't want any preggy mum to go through it Abeg.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by babyokujide(f): 7:52am On Apr 07, 2016
ozycy:

embarassed
I think you should modify @ the bolded. Pple from diff part of the continent come to this thread to read and this is not a good one for us. Am not forming holy than thou, just concerned about my country Nigeria grin

Sorry ooh I already booked my tkt n paid using wakanow n u knw d way they are with changing dates, I thought d max was 36wks until I read dis here and panicked! Anyway, am leaving @ 34wks so it's fine.

Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by feddy27: 7:58am On Apr 07, 2016
suntai:

Please check with Delta. They didn't allow a lady on my flight back to Naija, they said she needed to get a returnbticket for her son since he's American, hmmm we all had to contribute our remaining change for her cos she was really short of cash...please confirm withbthem no harm doing so...lol dear!

Dat was the same thing they said to me o..lol. dat my son is American and so i must get return ticket
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by favoredgal: 8:05am On Apr 07, 2016
mrsbw:
Hi @favoredgal pls which shipping agent did uou eventually use? And were they reliable?

I ended up not shipping again

But some mamas turned sister I met used psi and it came just fine
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Bsharon: 8:38am On Apr 07, 2016
[quote author=Houstonmayor post=44473475]
All u need to do is go to the billing department ask after Sarah she heads the department, explain every thing to her and tell her you are on a package.
And request for your zero balance, it faster than calling them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Dabira19: 8:49am On Apr 07, 2016
Thanks to everyone that has responded. The search continues, bt I'm making progress. Nice day wink
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by olokings(m): 8:53am On Apr 07, 2016
Hellos. ..
Noticed u pm'd me buh I keep getting failure delivery in reply.

Kindly ask away here I'll respond if I got the info. Tnx

Dabira19:
Thanks to everyone that has responded. The search continues, bt I'm making progress. Nice day wink
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Kemo88: 9:09am On Apr 07, 2016
nefertitiram:

An email will do
U can apply anytime, as long as u have ur confirmed return tkt
The agent applies for the etc u don't apply urself

When you get to the bridge, u will cross it.
Don't sweat it
Ahn ahn! What if I wan apply myself? It seems pretty straight forward. Anyway thanks! Do you have the agents contact
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by nana101: 9:11am On Apr 07, 2016
Hello all, I need ur advise, I called Dr. Ansera's office and I was told he does not give email correspondence and that when I get to the US, I call the office and he tells me when to come for my appointment. What do I say at the POE when asked to show Dr's correspondence. POE is at Dulles, Washington DC.
I will be using Inova Alexandria Hospital VA.

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (405)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / Polish Student Visa / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.