Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,371 members, 7,819,333 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:34 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 - Travel (225) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (900597 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) (227) (228) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by LadyGuinivere: 3:15pm On Jul 12, 2016
debby516:
Thanks for the quick response. Are you suggesting that a previous bad birthing experience is not a cogent reason plus the subsequent complications after birth? Just thinking aloud so as to know the next step to take?
I re read my post and don't know hoe you reached that conclusion.
Your question had to do with documents and pursuant to an earlier post where I replied somebody nd told her that a previous bad experience has more weight than her uncle's wishes.
You asked me about documentation and my answer was just buttressing the point that too much is better than too little. Please re read all my previous posts with regards to this topic
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by kaykay001: 3:31pm On Jul 12, 2016
hotmummy2015:

hmm, this makes me wonder,has northside increased thier epidural fee, i paid 1040 after discount , this was oct 2015 sha, and another mama her said she paid 2800, abi is there double dose of epidural, other recent atl northside mamas please share your recent experiences , passionantchica and anyone else

@hotmummy2015, I sent you a PM. Kindly respond. Thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nobody: 3:40pm On Jul 12, 2016
firsttymum:

There are some that are government subsidised.. It's different from cash pay or self pay.
We generally look for cheap Hospitals. If we actually use other hospitals hmmmm

secondtymmum abeg no vex, where are you headed for baby nos 2? smiley
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nobody: 3:41pm On Jul 12, 2016
kaykay001:

@hotmummy2015, I sent you a PM. Kindly respond. Thanks.

ok
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by XX01(f): 4:01pm On Jul 12, 2016
[quote author=bissysummy post=47466800][/quote]

Since you have mentioned it before, you have to remain consistent and mention it again. If the business is not such a big one, still make it sound like it's a serious business. Something like, "I have recently (depending on how old the business is) started a new business and i have been able to grow the revenue to xxxxxx in xxxx number of months with a lot of potential for future expansion. My DH will be sponsoring this trip and he works in xxxx and makes xxxxx monthly. I have his bank statements here and can show you". Hopefully, the focus will move from whether you have ties to if you will be able to afford trip.

For your medical history, i think you should tell them. When asked about your reason for birthing in the US, you mention the fact that you had a traumatic CS and are not particularly happy with the level of care you received. In your doctor's correspondence, mention your CS complications, etc so that you can show that in your interview.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by sugah: 5:19pm On Jul 12, 2016
#Copied: a lil humor

This is a travel warning to all intending NIGERIAN visitors to the United States Of America ( since our ministry of interior will not do their job of issuing this caveat, let me do it for them. Afterall no be only America dey warn and issue travel bans to their citizens against other countries )

Hence if you are about to travel to the USA or are already there and you are a black Nigerian(not that I know of any other colors) especially a MALE,
Please do the following:

1. Pray before you leave Nigeria for the US. Yes you read me right. Pray very very hard. Make the witches and wizards in your village no follow you go .

2. Before you leave, cut your dreadlocks if you are wearing any. Better still, shave your head "gorimakpa". You don't want to be profiled with ndi rasta n'ese igbo. Oh yes!

3. Buy enough traditional native attires, your old asoebis come in quite handy. These will ensure you cannot sag your trousers even if by "mistake"

4. When you get to the US and you have to drive, abeg tape your driver's license and other documents on your forehead...I repeat...on your forehead to prevent " had I known"

5. Don't do silly things there like play loud music in your car or wear a face cap especially with the brim turned to the back of your head. It is an irresponsible and childish behavior done only by overgrown baby daddies

6. Be mindful of the people you carry in your car, make sure you all are looking sober constantly. Playing worship songs will help you tremendously here.

7. When pulled over, slowly stop at the shoulder of the road. Make sure your hands are on the steering wheel then freeze all parts of your body. Slowly turn your head that has ur particulars taped on it to the side the police man is standing on for full view of your papers.

8. Do not say a word. Yelz...don't speak except spoken to. Do as you are told. If told to dance azonto, with all pleasure, do so. DO NOT ARGUE. In this instance the cop is always right.

9. When replying to the cop/s, make sure you do so in your deepest Nigerian accent (believe me this is one time you will be very happy you are an African with an original African accent). This should make them see that you are a tourist and not a threat at all since you are not speaking "gonna" and "wanna" indiscriminately.

10. Finally continue to pray and pray under your breath while all these are going on. Our Heavenly Father still answers prayers.

Tenkiu

Seriously, lets be safe out here.

25 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Prettymi20: 5:19pm On Jul 12, 2016
dialinn:

Hi using hnmc and arriving 1 Aug. There Re a couple of apartment homes very close to the hospital and doctor's office within walking distance actually. Thanks

Please can you share info on some of the apartment homes
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by jossy404: 5:34pm On Jul 12, 2016
bissysummy:
I went for my visa interview today and this is the outcome conversation btw me and visa officer. Pls kindly help me to review why i was denied visa
@firstmun, justwice and all.
Vo: good morning
Me: good morning
Vo: why are you going to usa?
Me: to have my baby there
Vo: which state?
Me: Chicago illinois
Vo: why chicago?
Me: my brother inlaw is a doctor at cook county hospital and he advice us to have our baby there.
Vo: what is your boujet for this trip?
Me: $12000
Vo: is this your first child?
Me: my third child
Vo: what do you do?
Me: am a business woman. interior design and decoration. I have staff that works for me
Vo: sorry the visa cannot be issue because of section 12(a)·usa law. And when i review the paper given to me ot says , u must have a strong tiles like schools, company and etc.
Where did you think i got it wrong? And can i reapply.? Advice is needed pls.

Join with other points identified am also in my opinion think that 12k looks small for your budget maybe like 16k will look better.......just my own opinion

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by firsttymum(f): 5:38pm On Jul 12, 2016
hotmummy2015:

secondtymmum abeg no vex, where are you headed for baby nos 2? smiley
my hubby will prefer the previous Hospital. But as u see me so I'm eyeing LA.
I wish my Dr is affiliated with other hospitals I'll stick with her

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nnystc: 6:34pm On Jul 12, 2016
Hey Guys,
Please has anyone heard from Cutelass?

Its been a while. I hope all is well with you and your LO?
You just crossed my mind...

Blessings!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by XX01(f): 6:39pm On Jul 12, 2016
jossy404:

Join with other points identified am also in my opinion think that 12k looks small for your budget maybe like 16k will look better.......just my own opinion

It depends. Mine was a little over 12k. It didn't include accommodation as I am staying with a relative. It included flight tickets for DH and I. Your budget should show the breakdown and how you intend to pay.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Gloriousmum: 6:39pm On Jul 12, 2016
My POE experience was a breeze. My POE was Houston
LRenewed my Visa B1/B2 via drop box in November but travelled for vacation in December for the intended purpose though I was not pregnant as of the time I renewed the visa.
I didn't bother to write a change or notification of intend since my visa B1/B2 also covers medical and I have used the visa for vacation in the US.
The first officer just asked purpose of travelling and Doctors correspondence. Stamped in my husband and daughter for six months and sent me for secondary inspection for verification of my documents.
After hours of waiting, pple were much at the secondary inspection I was called in. The question were also purpose of travelling,doctors correspondence, money I had on me, name of my daughter and we're hubby works.
We were about 5 preggie mum's. We were all allowed passage without stress. But all I see is that we were all truthful,sincere and evidence that we have either paid or can pay our bills
Goodluck to all the intending mum's and mum's to be

8 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by simababe(f): 7:09pm On Jul 12, 2016
MamaOO:

Sometimes they give accommodation, sometimes they give meal vouchers. But you're not allowed to leave the airport unlike Emirates that lets you go out to an hotel outside of town. Even the Emirates layover is a killer. Never again

Av checked the itinery, the layovr is 2:30mmins. So its better.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by AdomMum: 7:41pm On Jul 12, 2016
Hi simababe..good evening!!! Good evening everyone...

I do want to say thank you so much on this platform for your responses to my questions!

God bless ya mucho!!!
Much appreciated!

Mwaah!

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by tablesturn: 7:58pm On Jul 12, 2016
Good day hotmummy, Please I have been trying to reach you as regards Northside Hospital for my wife. Can you email me on teenyaan@yahoo.com

Abeg no vex, I just need to make sure I am getting some things right. We intend to use Northside - Forsyth.

Look forward to hear from you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by MamaOO: 8:09pm On Jul 12, 2016
simababe:

Av checked the itinery, the layovr is 2:30mmins. So its better.
Oh good then. Where is your final destination?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by simababe(f): 8:35pm On Jul 12, 2016
MamaOO:

Oh good then. Where is your final destination?
JFK oooo but i dnt mind portin to LA or ohio i therez som1 2 share accomodatn wit.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by happytbaby: 9:00pm On Jul 12, 2016
Sugah oooo.!

You will not kill somebori ooo. But the advice seems quite reasonable.

sugah:
#Copied: a lil humor

This is a travel warning to all intending NIGERIAN visitors to the United States Of America ( since our ministry of interior will not do their job of issuing this caveat, let me do it for them. Afterall no be only America dey warn and issue travel bans to their citizens against other countries )

Hence if you are about to travel to the USA or are already there and you are a black Nigerian(not that I know of any other colors) especially a MALE,
Please do the following:

1. Pray before you leave Nigeria for the US. Yes you read me right. Pray very very hard. Make the witches and wizards in your village no follow you go .

2. Before you leave, cut your dreadlocks if you are wearing any. Better still, shave your head "gorimakpa". You don't want to be profiled with ndi rasta n'ese igbo. Oh yes!

3. Buy enough traditional native attires, your old asoebis come in quite handy. These will ensure you cannot sag your trousers even if by "mistake"

4. When you get to the US and you have to drive, abeg tape your driver's license and other documents on your forehead...I repeat...on your forehead to prevent " had I known"

5. Don't do silly things there like play loud music in your car or wear a face cap especially with the brim turned to the back of your head. It is an irresponsible and childish behavior done only by overgrown baby daddies

6. Be mindful of the people you carry in your car, make sure you all are looking sober constantly. Playing worship songs will help you tremendously here.

7. When pulled over, slowly stop at the shoulder of the road. Make sure your hands are on the steering wheel then freeze all parts of your body. Slowly turn your head that has ur particulars taped on it to the side the police man is standing on for full view of your papers.

8. Do not say a word. Yelz...don't speak except spoken to. Do as you are told. If told to dance azonto, with all pleasure, do so. DO NOT ARGUE. In this instance the cop is always right.

9. When replying to the cop/s, make sure you do so in your deepest Nigerian accent (believe me this is one time you will be very happy you are an African with an original African accent). This should make them see that you are a tourist and not a threat at all since you are not speaking "gonna" and "wanna" indiscriminately.

10. Finally continue to pray and pray under your breath while all these are going on. Our Heavenly Father still answers prayers.

Tenkiu

Seriously, lets be safe out here.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nobody: 9:13pm On Jul 12, 2016
tablesturn:
Good day hotmummy, Please I have been trying to reach you as regards Northside Hospital for my wife. Can you email me on teenyaan@yahoo.com

Abeg no vex, I just need to make sure I am getting some things right. We intend to use Northside - Forsyth.

Look forward to hear from you.

i replied ur pm....
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by cutelass: 9:31pm On Jul 12, 2016
Nnystc:
Hey Guys,
Please has anyone heard from Cutelass?

Its been a while. I hope all is well with you and your LO?
You just crossed my mind...

Blessings!

Nnystc I'm fine o...was offline for awhile, been on silent mode. We got back safely. LO is 12 weeks and doing very well. I don't have a nanny yet, I'm overwhelmed as a FTM. Thanks for ur concern. I appreciate.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by dora2007: 12:47am On Jul 13, 2016
Prettymi20:

Please can you share info on some of the apartment homes

Intown suites,
Grand inn and suites

They are apartments with and/without kitchen based on choice.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by leleti: 12:58am On Jul 13, 2016
Hi everyone.please has anyone heard from Kemo88 our pioneer Alaskan mum? Kemi......just checking on you.hope you are good.Everyone in OD has been asking of you (sure you know who this is now).Take care
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by confra: 1:12am On Jul 13, 2016
Hello good people, I'm new here and have been doing my best to gather info.
This would be my first time travelling to the US and am trying to gather burden of proof for my VISA application. I have contacted Doctores sparati and I want to check if anyone has any issues or challenges using them before I proceed to enroll with them. I will be due in January and
I am also on the look out for other hospitals in Texas which offer the same kind of budget because of the current FX wahala.
Is there any reason why references to Doctores sparati is so little? Are pple not using them anymore and why? Any advice you can give me will help.

Muchas gracias

PS: Appreciating all contributors, this thread is awesome!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by temyb: 3:39am On Jul 13, 2016
Hello everyone
To the glory of God Almighty one of my twin was discharged today. Twin 2 would be ready to go home weekend or Monday by His grace. Soooooo grateful to God Almighty for everything,it's been a roller coaster ride but my God has been faithful. Apart from the money that is now over $300000 which I know God is working out something for us in Jesus name everything else has been good.
I tapped into singing of praise as said my one mama here&it worked. Having spent double for my own payment as it was emergency God surprised me. Coupled with the fact that am paying $1800 for a sublet room,God surprised me again today by bringing someone unexpectedly to me.
Still waiting on God for more of His miracles. Thanks to all the mamas and papas that pmed me&gave me words of encouragement when I almost lost it for the 1st 3 weeks without my babies&bills piling me but truly my God has indeed be faithful.
Like Oliver twist am believing Him for more.
Missing home ooo,can't go now cos they are still small&would need to still see Dr's till another extra 2months.

38 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Sweetuzy01: 5:01am On Jul 13, 2016
So happy for you dear. Thank God for victory and safety of the twins. He will continually keep them. Do take care and be renewed in His love for you. Hugs.

{quote author=temyb post=47484933]Hello everyone
To the glory of God Almighty one of my twin was discharged today. Twin 2 would be ready to go home weekend or Monday by His grace. Soooooo grateful to God Almighty for everything,it's been a roller coaster ride but my God has been faithful. Apart from the money that is now over $300000 which I know God is working out something for us in Jesus name everything else has been good.
I tapped into singing of praise as said my one mama here&it worked. Having spent double for my own payment as it was emergency God surprised me. Coupled with the fact that am paying $1800 for a sublet room,God surprised me again today by bringing someone unexpectedly to me.
Still waiting on God for more of His miracles. Thanks to all the mamas and papas that pmed me&gave me words of encouragement when I almost lost it for the 1st 3 weeks without my babies&bills piling me but truly my God has indeed be faithful.
Missing home ooo,can't go now cos they are still small&would need to still see Dr's till another extra 2months.[/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nnystc: 5:40am On Jul 13, 2016
Dear,
I thank God for you.
You really are a warrior... Able to keep your head and write these inspiring posts even in the face of a very formidable problem.

In your write-ups i sense unwavering strength and courage (even when it's obvoius that your courage and strength are taking a bashing at this time)
I dont know if you're a Christian or Muslim, but this comes to mind whenever i read your posts... Hebrews 10:35 which says Therefore do not cast away your confidence, which has great reward.

Personally, as a woman that God has fought many MIGHTY and impossible battles for over the years, I must tell you this... This is a very small matter before God.
He can do it. He will do it.

I remember when i was going through a very very hard time during my banking days... Things were so bad that i dropped weight from about 61kg to about 44kg in 3 weeks without even doing any exercise. There was so much trouble involving EFCC, lots of money and lots of police wahala...

I was totally innocent but for some reason i just found myself being dragged up and down... I was single with no one to speak for me, not even a boyfriend, husband or fiance! My parents lived very far away and even if they lived in town, could not even do anything for me.

I had noone. And my oppressors knew it. My account was frozen and i couldnt even feed or move around save for cash sent to me by my parents. My friends went silent and i couldnt blame them. They were even scared because they knew the problem wasnt normal.

Guess what the way out was? I was asked to meet someone at a hotel and my problems would end! Haba!!!

My sister...

One day as i was standing beside the road, waiting for a bus, i was standing near a stagnant and dirty looking pond. You know those ones all over Lagos. Green water on top... Obvoiusly no one had gone there in a long time...

The holy spirit Just put something in my mind. Is that pond really dead? What do you think is happening underneath? And i thought about it, true... There were obvoiusly things happening under that green water... water plants and creatures alive underneath. There was obviously active acquatic life under all that dirty green water. That thought process encouraged me to pray my way out of that situation.

The story of that deliverance was like a Hollywood blockbuster. You wont believe that people were telling my friends to "Tell that girl, whatever God she's serving, let her hold on to Him well well oh. This can only be God"

Thats God's way too. When it looks like all is quiet and nothing is happening, be assured that plenty is happening in a realm we can't see.
My dear, continue to hold on. Those miracles will definitely come.

Sending lots of love your way this morning. It is well with you!

Ps. You're on my prayer list for now.

temyb:
Hello everyone
Missing home ooo,can't go now cos they are still small&would need to still see Dr's till another extra 2months.

50 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nnystc: 6:39am On Jul 13, 2016
Great to hear from you and thank God for safe journey home.
Appreciating you for the info you shared. I was at St.F and Dr.M and locked in my runs. So I'm good to go. God will complete the Picture when the time comes.

Don't worry. FTM will become STM and TTM. .. its one day at a time...
Blessings!

cutelass:

Nnystc I'm fine o...was offline for awhile, been on silent mode. We got back safely. LO is 12 weeks and doing very well. I don't have a nanny yet, I'm overwhelmed as a FTM. Thanks for ur concern. I appreciate.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by feddy27: 7:18am On Jul 13, 2016
Temyb, God that has started this good work in your life will perfect it! He wants to do what no man can do in your life and that of your babies! Hold on to your faith, trust in Him and watch him perform what your eyes have not seen before! U re in my prayers dearie and kisses to the victorious twins kiss

Nnystc, ur words spoke life this morning. Thank you for this beautiful piece and God bless you *hugs*

9 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by LadyGuinivere: 7:20am On Jul 13, 2016
Nnystc:
Dear,
I thank God for you.
One day as i was standing beside the road, waiting for a bus, i was standing near a stagnant and dirty looking pond. You know those ones all over Lagos. Green water on top... Obvoiusly no one had gone there in a long time...

The holy spirit Just put something in my mind. Is that pond really dead? What do you think is happening underneath? And i thought about it, true... There were obvoiusly things happening under that green water... water plants and creatures alive underneath. There was obviously active acquatic life under all that dirty green water. That thought process encouraged me to pray my way out of that situation.

Ps. You're on my prayer list for now.

I know the message was not for me. But the above spoke to me and knocked at a door of hope that has been locked in a While.
Thank u for this message. God bless u. You can also scribble my name into ya prayer list cheesy

17 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) (227) (228) ... (405)

Polish Student Visa / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / Travelling To Canada Part 11

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.