Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,321 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:48 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 - Travel (227) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (897921 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (224) (225) (226) (227) (228) (229) (230) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by bissysummy: 3:33pm On Jul 13, 2016
lobus:
It is with great joy i announce that my wife's Visa was approved today after we were denied last week. This forum has been of great help and it is only appropriate that i share our entire story.

DENIAL INTERVIEW- July 8
VO: Good morning Madam
Wife: Good morning
VO: Are you both applying together?
Wife: Yes we are. *Hands him our passports
VO: Why are you going to the US and where are you going?
Wife: Houston, Texas to have our baby
VO: What do you do for a living?
Wife: I am a managing partner in xxxx company owned by myself and my husband. We are into xxxxxxxx
VO: How much do you have budgeted for this trip
Wife: Hands him our budget sheet and doctors correspondence. *noticed that he was only looking at the budget sheet.
VO: Will you be staying in a hotel?
Wife: No. Will be staying with a friend
VO: *Typed for several minutes*. Sorry you are not eligible for the visa

The reason for denial was due to insufficient ties.

After several brainstorming and thinking, i was advised that my wife should apply alone but then the challenge was that the next available appointment was not until August 24 by which my wife would be past 35weeks. We had to apply for an expedited interview on July 9, attaching Doctor's report (Nigeria), Doctors's correspondence (US), Budget sheet and account statements as supporting documents to justify our request for an expedited interview. The expedited interview was granted on Monday July 11 and our interview scheduled for today Wednesday.

APPROVAL INTERVIEW: July 13
VO: Hello
Wife: Hi
VO: What is your reason for going to the US?
Wife: To have my baby
VO: Where is your final destination in the US?
Wife: Houston, Texas.
VO: What do you do for a living?
Wife: Presently i am the managing partner of a company owned by myself and my husband. We do xxxxx and have annual turnover in excess of Bleep
VO: So your husband works in the company also?
Wife: No, he is only a director. He works in xxxxx as xxxx
VO: Have you been in touch with any Hospital
Wife: Yes, both hospital and doctor. *Hands over the correspondence
VO: Any idea how much the trip would cost you?
Wife: Yes. Handed over the budget sheet.
VO: Would your husband be going with you?
Wife: No. He is indisposed at the moment, tied down with loads of work.
VO: Is this your first?
Wife: No. I was actually here last week. *Thought she meant if it was my first time applying for the Visa*
VO: I meant if this is your first baby. But what happened last week?
Wife: I applied with my husband but we were denied due to insufficient ties. I intend making the trip earlier and as a result my husband would not be coming with me because of his schedule
VO: Oh Okay but i meant if this is your first baby
Wife: Yes
VO: Congratulations your visa has been approved. Pick up your passport on xxxxx *Hands over the white paper

Thank you guys.

Houston bound mums for first week in August should please reach out.
Is this lagos or abuja? I was denied on monday too and i intend to reapply. But thinking of going to abuja. Pls what do you think?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by bissysummy: 3:39pm On Jul 13, 2016
ccemordi:

My Pointers and addition to what others said.

1. My number issue with your transcript is your BUDGET ( i think 17k to $20k would be more realistic for a planned CS , since you had complication during your previous CS)

2. Why Chicago? My in-law who is a doctor in Chicago recommended the hospital then i did my research and notice they are good and the fees are what we can comfortably afford, I also read the customer reviews which is also good (That sounds better, shows you are fully aware of the financial implication of your Trip and READY, Plus you made the decision not your brother in-law)

3. I think you should apply with your DH ( its a BIG plus and remember you are going for a planned CS so you need HELP there and they expect your spouse to be the Number on the list)

4. Travel history....

5. Your job? You made it sound SMALL .. (You need to sound BIG at least established and budget for the trip is something you can comfortably afford especially when its your hubby that is the Main Sponsor

6. Be confident, Be truthful and PRAY

Please reapply and good luck
@cecemodi, thank you and God bless you. I really appreiate this.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by lobus: 3:49pm On Jul 13, 2016
bissysummy:

Is this lagos or abuja? I was denied on monday too and i intend to reapply. But thinking of going to abuja. Pls what do you think?

Lagos. I think you should reapply in Lagos

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nobody: 4:14pm On Jul 13, 2016
Winib2:
@Zayt, sorry am new here and still not used to sending pm's or getting further details on posts.

I contacted the Gwinnett med centre and they gave me a bill of $10k excluding doctors fees which a 40% discount is given if a deposit of 6K is made earlier.

Please how did you get negotiate the cost to $3400?

she said she was discharged the next day, i am assuming that means she spent only one day, so it will be cheaper, but if one day stay = $3,400. shocked hmmmm, lets wait for her response sha. I might be wrong
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ifunanya84: 5:17pm On Jul 13, 2016
@TemyB, the Lord has already fought your battle. Just hold your peace and expect your testimonies.
May God bless you and the babies.Amen

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Colouredgirl: 5:34pm On Jul 13, 2016
Hello everyone,this is my first time on this forum..i intend going to the usa for child delivery,am scheduled for an interview on the 26th of this month...my question and worry is,i got a hospital in houston(Dr Fagbohun)they sent ne the bills and all..they also said they do not request for any form of pre registration or pre payment until i arrive in the usa..i hope this doesnt pose a problem at the embassy or point of entry?..thanks y'all for your swift responses
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by quin9(f): 6:01pm On Jul 13, 2016
@colouredgirl that is not a problem,just make sure your fully prepared,read other up interview and POE transcript s here to arm yourself,best of luck.

So I locked my ticket deal yesterday,I paid directly at the airline at the same rate,they said preg policy is 7 months below(na dem sabi).
Thanks @Nef for bringing it here and @herrik066 for the hints,God bless you guys.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by okoji: 7:03pm On Jul 13, 2016
herrik066:
I will not hold back in offering cheap flights info in the light of the recent supposedly naira devaluation. I would have love to drop the info here, but it will constitute an ad for the airline. PM me and get the cost/link of the airline with the cheap flight ticket.

#OfferHelptoALL #NoClique

Note: Its from a country in West Africa.

Hello herrik066, please can you help with abuja to Boston for 24th July -12 Aug 2016. Thanks a lot.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by elabogado: 7:20pm On Jul 13, 2016
Hi Herrik066, can u pls help me with quote for 10th of August to 14th Sept 2016. Thanks in anticipation. quote author=okoji post=47509236]

Hello herrik066, please can you help with abuja to Boston for 24th July -12 Aug 2016. Thanks a lot.[/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by quin9(f): 7:22pm On Jul 13, 2016
okoji:

Hello herrik066, please can you help with abuja to Boston for 24th July -12 Aug 2016. Thanks a lot.

The deal is to NEW YORK
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by favouredmum: 7:33pm On Jul 13, 2016
quin9:
@colouredgirl that is not a problem,just make sure your fully prepared,read other up interview and POE transcript s here to arm yourself,best of luck.

So I locked my ticket deal yesterday,I paid directly at the airline at the same rate,they said preg policy is 7 months below(na dem sabi).
Thanks @Nef for bringing it here and @herrik066 for the hints,God bless you guys.

@quin9,

Pls I pmed you. I need help on how to get this cheap tickets pls. Trying to buy tickets to new York.

Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by DebateNigeria: 8:06pm On Jul 13, 2016
Oluwamabelfunmi:
Good afternoon everyone. I have bin a silent follower of this thread. I was actually one of the 2014 MIHS mamas....its bin a while tho...
I'm here to testify of God's goodness and also encourage someone.
My visa expired in March 2016 and I reapplied via Dropbox in June 2016. After a week, I got a call from the embassy to come for an interview, I was a bit disturbed cos of the $2888 we paid at MIHS as someone has said she was denied visa because of the amount we paid at MIHS. Anyways, I got all my docs ready and trusted GOD to favour me. I went in for the interview today 13th July and the following ensued between myself and the VO
VO: Good morning
Me: Good morning and then I handed my passport to him
VO: what do u do
Me: told him I was a teacher in a school and also the boarding house supervisor
VO: I can see u are going to Chicago to have your baby....any correspondence with a doctor and hospital
Me: Yes and then I handed over the papers to him. He flips thru and returned to me
VO: I am actually from Chicago and I know the hospital well..We both smiled as he was describing where it was in Chicago. I was just smiling.
Then he was interrupted. At this point I just prayed that I will surely find favour and not be denied
VO: then he came back to ask where hubby was working and If he wud be travelling with me
Me: told him where hubby works and gave a full description of his roles and also said No that hubby wud not be travelling with me as he would be very busy
VO: I can see you wud be staying for 3months and that period u are supposed to be in school...
Me: I wud be in school for the first few weeks of resumption and then go on Maternity leave. He nods his head.
VO: would you be staying with any relatives
Me: No but at Extended stay America
VO: alright..hands over the white paper.You can pick up your visa on Monday and all the best on the birthing of your baby
Me: Thank you and I said a word of Thanksgiving in my heart.

Truly God answers prayers. The only document asked was the hospital correspondence. God truly Favoured Me. He is too Faithful to Fail . It's my prayer that God will perfect all that concerns us all and grant us stress free POEs and safe delivery. Thank You and God bless

We also used MIHS in 2014. Chicago bound too. When are you traveling. Congrats. I don't think renewal is as difficult. Wiffy was invited for interview as well, they just checked her zero balance and gave her the VISA.

Good luck.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by stinux(f): 9:01pm On Jul 13, 2016
Congratulations my sister. Sure l decode you if you can guess who this is. Wish you a successful second missionary journey and regards to my bro.

Oluwamabelfunmi:
Good afternoon everyone. I have bin a silent follower of this thread. I was actually one of the 2014 MIHS mamas....its bin a while tho...
I'm here to testify of God's goodness and also encourage someone.
My visa expired in March 2016 and I reapplied via Dropbox in June 2016. After a week, I got a call from the embassy to come for an interview, I was a bit disturbed cos of the $2888 we paid at MIHS as someone has said she was denied visa because of the amount we paid at MIHS. Anyways, I got all my docs ready and trusted GOD to favour me. I went in for the interview today 13th July and the following ensued between myself and the VO

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by veleta: 9:08pm On Jul 13, 2016
@Nnystc,Nne Biko I pmed you on that stuff.pls help me check.my cousin is disturbing me.thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by stinux(f): 9:10pm On Jul 13, 2016
[quote author=temyb post=47489114][/quote]

@ temyb, i have been silently following your post and always pray for you and the twins. I so much believe that the good work of God is just starting in your life and family. Your greater testimony is at hand. Be ready! Our GOD is too faithful to fail. Kisses to the twins.

@Nnystc, am inspired and motivated by your testimony. It just a proof that God is always present in every situation, all we need is to call him to take charge and be the driver while we are at the passenger seat relaxing and praising HIM.

greetings to all nairaland mums. I am just a lover of this forum but seldom contribute.

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by KayLayChi: 9:46pm On Jul 13, 2016
simababe:

JFK oooo but i dnt mind portin to LA or ohio i therez som1 2 share accomodatn wit.

Have you found an affordable hospital in NY, please share if you have. Thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by bissysummy: 11:10pm On Jul 13, 2016
lobus:

Lagos. I think you should reapply in Lagos
Pls can you put me through hpw ypu applied for the expedited interview. Pls . i ontend to do the same.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ajiedeko(f): 1:27am On Jul 14, 2016
In the spirit of giving back, here's my testimony:

Firstly, I wish to thank everyone for their contributions to this thread. The information I gathered here was so helpful. God bless you.

I left Nigeria with my hubby on June 4 via Airfrance from Abuja to Dallas at 34 weeks. I was asked to get fit to fly from port health despite the fact that I had one from my doctor.

The trip was very okay though the seats were not so spacious. I requested for wheel chair which I used both in Paris and Atlanta. I was particularly happy I did cos it helped a lot. The distance from the flight to the connecting wing in Paris was looooong.

Got to Atlanta and again was able to jump the long queue due to wheel chair usage. The CBP after getting all details sent us for secondary inspection. Was scared we might miss our connecting flight to Dallas cos we had about 45 mins to departure. Waited about 30 minutes and were finally called. I kept praying for God to take control. The 2nd CBP asked for doctor's correspondence, address o where we'll b staying and the amount we had. Then he stamped us in for 6 months. Sent us to another officer to count our cash. We were not sent to agriculture though I had dry fish, ground Egusi and ogbono, pepper, crayfish, knorr cubes. At this time, the departure time for the flight to Dallas had passed but kept praying that God should take control and He did. Apparently the flight was ready for take off but the ACs were not working. So the passengers had to disembark. That was how we were able to meet up.

Got to Dallas by 6.30pm and did a 5 hr road trip to Houston. Got to Houston by 12 am.

Gave birth last Friday. Used Dr. F and CHI st. Luke's hospital, Sugarland. Dr. F is so amazing.

Chilling with my baby and waiting for BC so I can start processing other docs.

Fees paid so far:

Docs fee - 2500 for CS
1st visit + scan - 300
Hosp fee - 3700
Epidural - 1300

My host is a NL mum. Lives in houston with her family. Got a room at a very affordable rate. She has been sooooo amazing. Just like staying with a sister. She helped arrange the cab that picked me from the airport and has been so helpful in terms of transportation and shopping. I'm feeling so much at home.

Once again, thanks to everyone. Wish all waiting mamas safe delivery.

Sorry for d long post, had to summarize d best way possible.

22 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by okoji: 1:44am On Jul 14, 2016
quin9:

The deal is to NEW YORK

Okay, thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by passionantchica: 2:43am On Jul 14, 2016
Thanks dear, I have o. My lazy ass is owing both POE and delivery gist.
Will post in a bit.

larrytoks:

Congrats dear. Didn't know you had popped. So how did your Northside experience go?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ijeomaobi1: 2:46am On Jul 14, 2016
@ajiedeko,

Congratulations darling. Hope am happy with doctorF afterwards too. This Ur epidural $1,300 is captivating. Please any reason for c/section? Am using Houston Methodist
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ajiedeko(f): 2:51am On Jul 14, 2016
ijeomaobi1:
@ajiedeko,

Congratulations darling. Hope am happy with doctorF afterwards too. This Ur epidural $1,300 is captivating. Please any reason for c/section? Am using Houston Methodist

Thanks dear. I have had 2 previous c-sections, this is my 3rd baby.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by evamum: 3:29am On Jul 14, 2016
Hello Herrik066 and Nef, pls can I tap from your wealth of knowledge. I need to book for my mum, departure July 25 to January 10th, Lagos- Newyork. Actually the date is kind of flexible 23-28 July is okay; best deal wins. contact: evermore2930@gmail.com.

I will appreciate idea from other mama that can help.

Thanks for helping a sis.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by AdomMum: 5:21am On Jul 14, 2016
Congratulations Gloriousmum!!!!
Gloriousmum:
My POE experience was a breeze. My POE was Houston
LRenewed my Visa B1/B2 via drop box in November but travelled for vacation in December for the intended purpose though I was not pregnant as of the time I renewed the visa.
I didn't bother to write a change or notification of intend since my visa B1/B2 also covers medical and I have used the visa for vacation in the US.
The first officer just asked purpose of travelling and Doctors correspondence. Stamped in my husband and daughter for six months and sent me for secondary inspection for verification of my documents.
After hours of waiting, pple were much at the secondary inspection I was called in. The question were also purpose of travelling,doctors correspondence, money I had on me, name of my daughter and we're hubby works.
We were about 5 preggie mum's. We were all allowed passage without stress. But all I see is that we were all truthful,sincere and evidence that we have either paid or can pay our bills
Goodluck to all the intending mum's and mum's to be
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by AdomMum: 5:24am On Jul 14, 2016
God is indeed a faithful God!!!Stay strong in Him!
temyb:
Hello everyone
To the glory of God Almighty one of my twin was discharged today. Twin 2 would be ready to go home weekend or Monday by His grace. Soooooo grateful to God Almighty for everything,it's been a roller coaster ride but my God has been faithful. Apart from the money that is now over $300000 which I know God is working out something for us in Jesus name everything else has been good.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by AdomMum: 5:30am On Jul 14, 2016
WORD!!! I've got hope! Thank you Nnystc! Very inspiring!
Nnystc:

Personally, as a woman that God has fought many MIGHTY and impossible battles for over the years, I must tell you this... This is a very small matter before God.
He can do it. He will do it.

I remember when i was going through a very very hard time during my banking days... Things were so bad that i dropped weight from about 61kg to about 44kg in 3 weeks without even doing any exercise. There was so much trouble involving EFCC, lots of money and lots of police wahala...

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by simababe(f): 5:33am On Jul 14, 2016
KayLayChi:

Have you found an affordable hospital in NY, please share if you have. Thanks.

You can go tru my previous post, I did share the ones I called. Cheapest is within 6k to 10.5k
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by AdomMum: 5:34am On Jul 14, 2016
Amen!!!! Congrats dear!
Oluwamabelfunmi:

It's my prayer that God will perfect all that concerns us all and grant us stress free POEs and safe delivery. Thank You and God bless

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by lobus: 8:35am On Jul 14, 2016
bissysummy:

Pls can you put me through hpw ypu applied for the expedited interview. Pls . i ontend to do the same.

1. Book your normal appointment regardless of the date.

2. Click on Emmergency request

3. Select the ground for Emmergency request (Medical etc)

4. You would be provided a column to explain your reason for the request and attach documents to support your claim.

Regards

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Jiji11: 8:39am On Jul 14, 2016
hotmummy2015:

she said she was discharged the next day, i am assuming that means she spent only one day, so it will be cheaper, but if one day stay = $3,400. shocked hmmmm, lets wait for her response sha. I might be wrong

Re-read her post again cos she ,mentioned she paid the $6k deposit and got a refund cheque of $2.6k or so. So the quote Gwinnett gave is their standard practice now -If you don't use upto that you get a refund .

(1) (2) (3) ... (224) (225) (226) (227) (228) (229) (230) ... (405)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Polish Student Visa / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.