Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,622 members, 7,827,328 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:37 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 - Travel (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (901910 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by tbaby123(f): 7:09pm On Apr 10, 2016
merrymum:
Hello all. Pls for those who flew Lufthansa back to naija, how did u book the bassinet seat? The agent I spoke to on the phone said I have to pay $35 for each (me and mum) or wait till 24hrs to flight time. What if the seats have been booked by other people then? I no even know how to recognise which seats are the bassinet seats sad
Pls help....

Pay biti bawo? It is free ke and only issued to pax with an infant, so your mum is not entitled to it.DM me let me see if I can help
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by justwise(m): 8:12pm On Apr 10, 2016
fitmaama2:
@ansol from thread 3 i hope u see this cos i know ur missionary journey is over for now lol.

need info on d hospital u used at Mckinney pls- correspondence and all. if i could pm u for further info or u do same for me, i wud totally greatful.

God bless in advance

@justwise, how do u get old timers to read posts directed to them pls?

Quote their last post or mention their ID anywhere

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by isysleek: 8:14pm On Apr 10, 2016
Yayy!!!

Bj2012golf,i see you o! Sharp guy,no time wasting. Congrats!

Let tvegas and shagaman be there wasting time. *coverface*

Oya make I continue PTA search.

Btw,PTA I'm looking for is pounds. Will it be easier to get and where in Abuja.

Sombody please help o. Travelling next month. Black mkt rate is ridiculous!

bj2012golf:
Congratulations to all the new Dads n MOms

Our second missionary journey activated, destinaton Houston
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by adycatus: 1:05am On Apr 11, 2016
Thanking God for journey mercies, left Abuja to Arizona on the 9th April and passed thru Chicago as POE. Hmmmm Chicago is really tough, but thank God for sucessful POE. Will update soon.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ozycy: 1:13am On Apr 11, 2016
adycatus:
Thanking God for journey mercies, left Abuja to Arizona on the 9th April and passed thru Chicago as POE. Hmmmm Chicago is really tough, but thank God for sucessful POE. Will update soon.
Thank GOD for safe trip , Chicago POE , very soon they will mellow down lol.
Any other $2999 deal in Arizona?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nnystc: 2:41am On Apr 11, 2016
cheesy
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nnystc: 2:43am On Apr 11, 2016
kemmytino:

Try and get a hosp asap. Even if u neva see doc, u enta hosp u go born. 911? U will pay oo for diaa services and heavily sef

@kemmytino. Youre right about 911: Use 911 only when in a sticky situation. I tried it in 2010 in Las Vegas when having my daughter... I had a seafood alergy while waiting for my EDD and called them. Bill estimate was about $1200-1300 for the ride alone! Main hospital bill for actual treatment not included o! I thank God for the paramedics who broke it down for me. I ended up taking a cab to the hospital and was charged circa $700 for one hour on a hospital bed and an injection... Lesson learned!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by adycatus: 4:13am On Apr 11, 2016
ozycy:

Thank GOD for safe trip , Chicago POE , very soon they will mellow down lol.
Any other $2999 deal in Arizona?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by adycatus: 4:16am On Apr 11, 2016
There is this discounted bill for safe pay for some group of seven hospitals under Abrazo west campus in Arizona, VD $3200 and CS $5000 and doctor's fee $1500

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by fitmaama2(f): 8:23am On Apr 11, 2016
justwise:

Quote their last post or mention their ID anywhere

Thx a lot @justwise. I sent him a pm and @ansol and I have started communication.

Totally appreciate. Have a fantastic week ahead to everyone

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by kemmytino(f): 9:28am On Apr 11, 2016
Nnystc:

@kemmytino. Youre right about 911: Use 911 only when in a sticky situation. I tried it in 2010 in Las Vegas when having my daughter... I had a seafood alergy while waiting for my EDD and called them. Bill estimate was about $1200-1300 for the ride alone! Main hospital bill for actual treatment not included o! I thank God for the paramedics who broke it down for me. I ended up taking a cab to the hospital and was charged circa $700 for one hour on a hospital bed and an injection... Lesson learned!

Yes o, meanwhile in the UK it's free cos I used it there and wasn't charged a dime.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by kemmytino(f): 9:32am On Apr 11, 2016
merrymum:
Hello all. Pls for those who flew Lufthansa back to naija, how did u book the bassinet seat? The agent I spoke to on the phone said I have to pay $35 for each (me and mum) or wait till 24hrs to flight time. What if the seats have been booked by other people then? I no even know how to recognise which seats are the bassinet seats sad
Pls help....

Call d airline and tell dm ur preferred seat selection, if it's available dy'll oblige
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by kemmytino(f): 9:36am On Apr 11, 2016
nefertitiram:

If she neva register, na real gobe o

If she neva register, na to pay d undiscounted price o, with or without doc to d hosp.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by sugah: 9:44am On Apr 11, 2016
Please was anyone able to get PTA from stanbic last week?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nobody: 10:00am On Apr 11, 2016
Isysleek me too was looking for pounds I couldn't get I bought dollars and changed in Gatwick to pounds.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by njidekachi: 10:05am On Apr 11, 2016
i want to appreciate every one that contributed/responded to my questions earlier on both PM and on forum. May God grant us all our heart desires, Amen.

Please any mum in the house travelling alone to EL-paso mid-may for collabo things?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Ronnie1984(f): 10:23am On Apr 11, 2016
Thank God.for.ur successful poe...may the grace that was upon be on me too oh. Chicago poe in a few days and it's stressing just thinking about it. Pls share ur experience.soon. we all can learn a thing or two from ur experience.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by adycatus: 11:59am On Apr 11, 2016
I want to appreciate everyone that contributes on this platform, experiences shared here assist alot.
Back to my chicago experience, I left Abuja to phoenix on d 9th April with British airways, Via London and Chicago as my POE and was supposed to arrive sameday at Arizona except dat I missed my flight at chicago and BA lodged me in2 a hotel in chicago wit a $50 meal ticket and I flew 7am chicago time d nxt day to Arizona.
POE Experience. I used Wheelchair. It really helped cos I travelled at 35wks.

Cbp: what are u here for?
Me; vacation and child birth
Cbp; U were here in Sept last here with ur hubby and child?
Me; I said yes just for 3wks vacation in washington DC.
Cbp: how long are u here for?
Me: 2months
Cbp: ur finger prints pls
Me; I scanned and thot dat was all, not knowing was still going for secondary inspection.

When I got there, there was much people on queue waiting to be called, but young, old, students and even couples dat came just for vacation.

After like 45mins, I was called in
Cbp: wat are u here for?
Me: I repeated vacation and child birth
Cbp: how far have u gone in ur pregnancy?
Me: 35wks
Cbp: wats ur EDD?
Me: I told him
Cbp: where are u going to have d baby?
Me: I mentioned d hosp in Arizona, gave him my receipt for my full hosp payment and doctor's and hosp correspondence
Cbp: he also asked to see the email from which the hosp reciept originated from, I showed him frm my fone.
Cbp: where do u work?
Me: work in a bank, showed him my I'd card and also told him am on a 3months paid maternity leave and showed him my letter to dat effect.
Cbp: wat does ur hubby do? Is he joining u in d Us?
Me; bla bla bla...
CBP: Where are u staying in Arizona?
Me: with a cousin
Cbp; is he or she expecting u?
Me: yes I handed over a letter I made my cousin write, addressing it to whom it may concern just few days b4 I left Nija and scanned to me. She stayed she was going to be my host and will be responsible for my accommodation & feeding while I have paid fully for my hosp bills.
Cbp: where does she work and we need to contact her to verify
Me; it's written in d letter, she works with wells Fargo bank and her fone no is on d letter and also a copy of her drivers licence
Cbp: he calls twice and said she isn't picking and I said she is at work and will be getting off work at 8pm Arizona time.
Cbp; how much do u have?
Me: cash of $5,500 and paid for both hosp and doc's fee in full and also sent 1,000dollar via money gram to my cousin and showed him evidence
Cbp: Ok extra cash is just for any additional hosp expences dst might come up? I said yes. So he asked for my return ticket?
Me; I gave him
Cbp; Am going to stamp u till d nxt day after ur return ticket which is sometime in June, so u are expected to leave d US in like 2months 1wk
Me; I said no, Wat if the vsby doesn't arrive early and I have some delays
Cbp; u can write for an extension
Me; I wouldn't want to do dat pls, why not stamp me for 3months at least till d day am supposed to resume work as stated on my leave advice from my bank cos I will be willing to go back to work, cos dat what pays my bills.
Cbp, he laughs and say am gonner stamp u for 6months. Take ur passport and wish u safe delivery after he had also gone to meet a female colleague of his and they both still discussed my case again.

Hmmm, u need to really equip urself for Chicago POE, if not, pls avoid it. A preg lady from polland was turned back and visa cancelled in my prescence there, cos she lied and hadn't paid for hosp and she is still a white. So it's not a thing of being black or Africa or white? Chicago is mean and tough.

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by 4evergrateful: 12:09pm On Apr 11, 2016
Ronnie1984:
Thank God.for.ur successful poe...may the grace that was upon be on me too oh. Chicago poe in a few days and it's stressing just thinking about it. Pls share ur experience.soon. we all can learn a thing or two from ur experiqence.

Hi Ronnie, I think we met at Stanbic on Thursday. Have you gotten the Pta and where?
Wish you God 's favour at Chicago poe. I am leaving tomorrow and have not still got Pta to buy..

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Ronnie1984(f): 12:19pm On Apr 11, 2016
4evergrateful:

Hi Ronnie, I think we met at Stanbic on Thursday. Have you gotten the Pta and where?
Wish you God 's favour at Chicago poe. I am leaving tomorrow and have not still got Pta to buy..

Really...I still haven't. Gotten pta oo. At stanbic at the moment self.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by feddy27: 12:23pm On Apr 11, 2016
adycatus:
I want to appreciate everyone that contributes on this platform, experiences shared here assist alot.
Back to my chicago experience, I left Abuja to phoenix on d 9th April with British airways, Via London and Chicago as my POE and was

Congratulations dear! God is faithful

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by adycatus: 12:47pm On Apr 11, 2016
Please letter of change of intent is very important if u are using chicago as POE. I was asked my the CBP cos I renewed by visa thru drop box in Feb after I came back from 3wks vacation in Sept. He said u didn't inform d embassy u were coming for child birth, I said that by the time I decided to delivery my baby in d Us, I wrote d embassy on my new intent which they replied and I printed out the two letters which I gave them at my POE....Tanx to wat I read on this platform, it helped despite the fact dat I have been a frequent UK and US traveller.

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by bbaby84(f): 12:54pm On Apr 11, 2016
adycatus:
Please letter of change of intent is very important if u are using chicago as POE. I was asked my the CBP cos I renewed by visa thru drop box in Feb after I came back from 3wks vacation in Sept. He said u didn't inform d embassy u were coming for child birth, I said that by the time I decided to delivery my baby in d Us, I wrote d embassy on my new intent which they replied and I printed out the two letters which I gave them at my POE....Tanx to wat I read on this platform, it helped despite the fact dat I have been a frequent UK and US traveller.

That's what I call preparedness. You sef don ready them for Chicago POE. Leaving no stone unturned.
Congratulations and I wish you a safe delivery.

11 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by bigfido: 1:44pm On Apr 11, 2016
feddy27:

Welcome back grin we are in the same shoes

Feddy now now? You sure say you no be US Navy seal? Congrats
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ayanuke: 1:53pm On Apr 11, 2016
For PTA, kindly visit the following GTBank branches in Lagos. Note that it is not automatic and subject to availability and approval of funds, the waiting period may also apply.

Adeyemo Alakija
Akin Adesola
Mobolaji Bank Anthony
Ajah
Ikoyi
Gbagada
Ilupeju
Yaba
Good luck

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by feddy27: 1:56pm On Apr 11, 2016
bigfido:

Feddy now now? You sure say you no be US Navy seal? Congrats

Lol... I dey learn from una o

Now now, americana boy don turn one year, mk we hurry before trump the trumpeter show face...lol

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by bigfido: 2:04pm On Apr 11, 2016
Congratulations adycatus on your successful entry.

Where is that man that said "there's nothing wrong with Chicago POE, just be truthful and have your return ticket" again?

People that are experts in changing the date on return ticket from future to immediate present.

Adycatus, did you see any officer in the secondary inspection room with "houston cbp in training" tag? Houston dey learn work for there.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ifunanya84: 2:16pm On Apr 11, 2016
It is well

Ronnie1984:
Hello my favourite people on this planet. ...having u guys share your extensive knowledge of birthing processes have been too helpful to ignore. I mite not always comment bt I read and follow this thread religiously.
I will be leaving for elpaso next week and my agent by mistake chose chicago as my poe. Although am still trying to change. Pls pray and bless me with all the fatherly and motherly advice to may it stressless and breezy
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by LadyGuinivere: 2:28pm On Apr 11, 2016
bigfido:
Congratulations adycatus on your successful entry.

Where is that man that said "there's nothing wrong with Chicago POE, just be truthful and have your return ticket" again?

People that are experts in changing the date on return ticket from future to immediate present.

Adycatus, did you see any officer in the secondary inspection room with "houston cbp in training" tag? Houston dey learn work for there.
Don't kee me o! Lol houston cbp dey wait for u at poe o after bad mouthing them!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by biollar1: 2:45pm On Apr 11, 2016
Congrats o...no be small thing at all. I'm happy you finally scaled thru

adycatus:
Back to my chicago experience, I left Abuja to phoenix on d 9th April with British airways, Via London and Chicago as my POE and was supposed to arrive sameday at Arizona except dat I missed my flight at chicago and BA lodged me in2 a hotel in chicago wit a $50 meal ticket and I flew 7am chicago time d nxt day to Arizona.
POE Experience. I used Wheelchair. It really helped cos I travelled at 35wks.

Cbp: what are u here for?
Me; vacation and child birth
Cbp; U were here in Sept last here with ur hubby and child?
Me; I said yes just for 3wks vacation in washington DC.
Cbp: how long are u here for?
Me: 2months
Cbp: ur finger prints pls
Me; I scanned and thot dat was all, not knowing was still going for secondary inspection.

When I got there, there was much people on queue waiting to be called, but young, old, students and even couples dat came just for vacation.

After like 45mins, I was called in
Cbp: wat are u here for?
Me: I repeated vacation and child birth
Cbp: how far have u gone in ur pregnancy?
Me: 35wks
Cbp: wats ur EDD?
Me: I told him
Cbp: where are u going to have d baby?
Me: I mentioned d hosp in Arizona, gave him my receipt for my full hosp payment and doctor's and hosp correspondence
Cbp: he also asked to see the email from which the hosp reciept originated from, I showed him frm my fone.
Cbp: where do u work?
Me: work in a bank, showed him my I'd card and also told him am on a 3months paid maternity leave and showed him my letter to dat effect.
Cbp: wat does ur hubby do? Is he joining u in d Us?
Me; bla bla bla...
CBP: Where are u staying in Arizona?
Me: with a cousin
Cbp; is he or she expecting u?
Me: yes I handed over a letter I made my cousin write, addressing it to whom it may concern just few days b4 I left Nija and scanned to me. She stayed she was going to be my host and will be responsible for my accommodation & feeding while I have paid fully for my hosp bills.
Cbp: where does she work and we need to contact her to verify
Me; it's written in d letter, she works with wells Fargo bank and her fone no is on d letter and also a copy of her drivers licence
Cbp: he calls twice and said she isn't picking and I said she is at work and will be getting off work at 8pm Arizona time.
Cbp; how much do u have?
Me: cash of $5,500 and paid for both hosp and doc's fee in full and also sent 1,000dollar via money gram to my cousin and showed him evidence
Cbp: Ok extra cash is just for any additional hosp expences dst might come up? I said yes. So he asked for my return ticket?
Me; I gave him
Cbp; Am going to stamp u till d nxt day after ur return ticket which is sometime in June, so u are expected to leave d US in like 2months 1wk
Me; I said no, Wat if the vsby doesn't arrive early and I have some delays
Cbp; u can write for an extension
Me; I wouldn't want to do dat pls, why not stamp me for 3months at least till d day am supposed to resume work as stated on my leave advice from my bank cos I will be willing to go back to work, cos dat what pays my bills.
Cbp, he laughs and say am gonner stamp u for 6months. Take ur passport and wish u safe delivery after he had also gone to meet a female colleague of his and they both still discussed my case again.

Hmmm, u need to really equip urself for Chicago POE, if not, pls avoid it. A preg lady from polland was turned back and visa cancelled in my prescence there, cos she lied and hadn't paid for hosp and she is still a white. So it's not a thing of being black or Africa or white? Chicago is mean and tough.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ajiedeko(f): 3:06pm On Apr 11, 2016
Thanks all for the responses. I'm still learning how to post on this platform.

@Justwise,

the issue is that I don't have any doctor yet hence no correspondence. The person I will be staying with said d doctors told her they don't deal with international patients. So I will only contact them when I arrive the US. I don't have a problem declaring my intentions as I have the cash to pay. My only fear is that since I don't hv a doc yet, I might be bounced. Kindly assist pls. I tried to check thru the threads for any moms that hv given birth in Dallas so I cld get some dr's contacts that I can contact from here but no success. Kindly assist if u can cos I would want to be truthful as I can be. Thanks

justwise:

..again if you have money to give birth in US there is not need scoring an own goal. You will find it difficult to get your visa renewed the moment you start fiddling with your plan.

I'm coming to give birth in US and i have this amount of money to pay all my bills and this is my Dr's corespondent..is that simple.

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (405)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / Polish Student Visa / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.