Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,211 members, 7,818,720 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:48 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 - Travel (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (900150 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by greatie: 12:42pm On Apr 12, 2016
Hello house,
Using wheeelchair, would one pay for the services and to whom?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by tbaby123(f): 12:51pm On Apr 12, 2016
greatie:
Hello house,
Using wheeelchair, would one pay for the services and to whom?

It is free as long as it is booked on time
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nobody: 1:06pm On Apr 12, 2016
Hello All,
I want to share my Embassy story incase anybody can relate and gain from it as well especially in the light of being truthful (lol First of all I am grateful for all your contributions. I have gained alot, kudos!).
in January I renewed our B1/B2 Visa (hubby, myself and my 2 kids) via Dropbox, while my 3years old son is without a B1/B2 Visa. What he has is my hubby's work visa L2.
We relocated back to Nigeria last year after a 2years cross posting in Houston.
I filled and submitted his application. And since I discovered I am pregnant, wanted hubby to take him for the interview while I write a letter of intent to give birth to the embassy later (I am a coward I know lol) but one thing I observed while reading other people's story is that being Truthful pays.
So my son's interview was 8am and I went with him to Abuja to present my condition and burden of proof.
VO. Good Morning Ma'am
ME. Good Morning. ( my son screamed mummy carry me up and I did.)
SON. Hello
VO. Hello how are you ( No reply lol)
VO. Why Houston? (looking at at her computer)
ME. We promised the kids that we will take them back to see our friends and neighbors and also visit their favorite places this summer.
VO. How many kids do you have
ME. 3 and I AM EXPECTING another baby
VO. Oh congratulations
ME. Thank you ( with a smile)
VO. What Hospital do you intend to birth baby ( I was surprised because I had this long speech prepared about updating my records...)
ME. Oakbend (while trying to open my folder to bring out DR F's correspondences)
VO. (Telling me not to bother) How much do you intend to spend for the birth and all.
ME. I have prepared a budget sheet...( I tried to open same folder to bring my budget sheet)
VO. (Telling me not to bother) Ma'am just give me an estimate
ME. (Trying to remember) About 5 Million naira, I have my hubby's ...( I was going to say statement of account, but she didn't even allow me to finish.
VO. Congratulations your visa has been ...(me Sef didn't allow her to finish )
ME. Thank you ( smiling as I received the white paper from her.

I am so thankful to God and to everybody who has contributed to what this forum is. I am happy I went for the interview and not just sending the letter of intent to birth.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by greatie: 1:26pm On Apr 12, 2016
tbaby123:

It is free as long as it is booked on time

Thank you. Will do asap!

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by isysleek: 1:39pm On Apr 12, 2016
Hello house,

I just got back from seven banks...Diamond, UBA, Access, Zenith, GTB, Stanbic IBTC and Fidelity. All in Abuja.

Fidelity(beside Ceddi Plaza, central area) does PTA, they will put me on queue but you have to have an account with them and the account must have been in operation for a minimum of three months.

Stanbic IBTC(on the same street that has Rivers house in Central area) does as well. They said you will apply here in Abuja, be on queue and when cash is ready they will call you for pick up but cash can only be picked in Lagos head office in person. No proxy allowed.

I just taya!!

Please anyone know of any other bank/branch here in Abuja that does?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ebonymomma: 2:00pm On Apr 12, 2016
ayanuke:

Make sure your pap is dry out (no water at all) and Iru frozen.
Have a safe trip and looking forward to reading your testimony. Ciao.

Will do definitely. Thanks for d response
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by darellone: 2:06pm On Apr 12, 2016
ayanuke:
For PTA, kindly visit the following GTBank branches in Lagos. Note that it is not automatic and subject to availability and approval of funds, the waiting period may also apply.

Adeyemo Alakija
Akin Adesola
Mobolaji Bank Anthony
Ajah
Ikoyi
Gbagada
Ilupeju
Yaba
Good luck

Where is Good luck branch please !!!

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ayanuke: 2:53pm On Apr 12, 2016
darellone:

angry No Good Luck branch o, Wishing you luck as you search for PTA

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nobody: 3:28pm On Apr 12, 2016
@ Adycatus, congratulations! Which airline did you fly at 35weeks?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by isysleek: 3:34pm On Apr 12, 2016
Thanks Chloe7

chloe7:
Isysleek me too was looking for pounds I couldn't get I bought dollars and changed in Gatwick to pounds.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nobody: 3:40pm On Apr 12, 2016
njidekachi:
i want to appreciate every one that contributed/responded to my questions earlier on both PM and on forum. May God grant us all our heart desires, Amen.

Please any mum in the house travelling alone to EL-paso mid-may for collabo things?

I will be traveling to El- Paso mid may. Have you booked your flight yet? Where is your likely POE?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by anonymousmum: 3:40pm On Apr 12, 2016
darellone:

Otueke...

8 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ifunanya84: 3:51pm On Apr 12, 2016
lol

nefertitiram:

its free in the primary health centre in my adugbo. they will still beg you to take and say thank you on top! Yankee sha! Na dem start yahoo yahoo
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by njidekachi: 3:57pm On Apr 12, 2016
not yet, booking this week unfailingly. Thinking of using united airline but concern about the 4hrs + Layover in Houston. DO u have a better option?

Yetiscomamareli:

I will be traveling to El- Paso mid may. Have you booked your flight yet? Where is your likely POE?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nobody: 4:28pm On Apr 12, 2016
Hello
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by TheLeakyTribe(f): 4:38pm On Apr 12, 2016
darellone:

Lol
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by gahaotu: 5:24pm On Apr 12, 2016
@omodadi

I'm interested. Pls pm me
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by nefertitiram: 5:29pm On Apr 12, 2016
darellone:

Otuoke, Bayelsa state
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by mumcshyn: 5:41pm On Apr 12, 2016
Pls is there anybody coming to houston anytime soon. Pls biko ejooo edakunnnnn i nid sabutamol syrup for my LO. Ejoook edakun
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by adycatus: 5:50pm On Apr 12, 2016
isysleek:
Hello house,

I just got back from seven banks...Diamond, UBA, Access, Zenith, GTB, Stanbic IBTC and Fidelity. All in Abuja.

Fidelity(beside Ceddi Plaza, central area) does PTA, they will put me on queue but you have to have an account with them and the account must have been in operation for a minimum of three months.

Stanbic IBTC(on the same street that has Rivers house in Central area) does as well. They said you will apply here in Abuja, be on queue and when cash is ready they will call you for pick up but cash can only be picked in Lagos head office in person. No proxy allowed.

I just taya!!

Jaiz bank in central Area in Abuja gives PTA. Got mine from there.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by adycatus: 5:56pm On Apr 12, 2016
Yetiscomamareli:
@ Adycatus, congratulations! Which airline did you fly at 35weeks?

British Airways, it's on their website. Pregnancy policy states max of 36weeks for single foetus and 33weeks for twins
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by osat82(f): 6:58pm On Apr 12, 2016
pls has anyone been able to get PTA this week?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by missexiest: 7:49pm On Apr 12, 2016
isysleek:
Hello house,

I just taya!!

I n my friend were able to get $4000 each from unity bank last week wednesday n ww applied for it d previous thursday..go to the adetokunbo ademola branch in wuse2
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Kemo88: 7:55pm On Apr 12, 2016
adycatus:

British Airways, it's on their website. Pregnancy policy states max of 36weeks for single foetus and 33weeks for twins
Is it only British airways? I thought Klm Airfrance and emirates woul take max 36weeks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Hopesprings: 7:57pm On Apr 12, 2016
missexiest:

I n my friend were able to get $4000 each from unity bank last week wednesday n ww applied for it d previous thursday..go to the adetokunbo ademola branch in wuse2

Hi

Did they require that you have the account for a while or was this a new account?

Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Iphie26: 8:26pm On Apr 12, 2016
Hello House, landed Atlanta on the 10th of April.

Thus goes my story.

Flew AF from Nigeria and my wheel chair didn't come in paris,was such a long walk cos I had a severe waist pain and a toddler. finally got a wheelchair in Atlanta.

cbp: what are you here for
me: to ve a baby
cbp: how much do u ve?
me: 8500
cbp: looks at me.
me: I already paid my hospital bill.
cbp : ok, did u bring food stuff
me: yes
cbp: egusi?
me: yes , spices , vegetables, ogbono etc
cbp: takes my finger prints and scanned me in till October and
next the wheelchair guy started wheeling me into a room and I asked why and he said my ticket is marked b , which means secondary inspection and I thought I was done.

my wahala now started at SI. The Hispanic guy named Cruz was mean, started with who packed my bag? did anyone give me anything to bring to America from Nigeria blabla.

cruz: what are u here for?
me: to ve a baby
cruz: why America?
me: Cos I had complications with my first delivery
cruz: how much do u ve?
me: 8500, I ve paid my hospital bill , gave them the Telex copies, NS mail confirmation and my appointment with Dr valisia , took it and told me he's gonna call Northside and if he finds out I'm lying it is a grevious offence.

I said go ahead,dialed ns all to avail and he came bk and said he wanted to c the original appointment mail from Dr Andrews and my phone network was bad

had trouble accessing the mail, I told him I can't if I can ve Internet access that I ll show him the mail.

Before my travel after I ve made pmt to ns , my SIL wanted me to change to a hospital close to her house and I wrote to ns to know if they can refund the payment. when they didn't respond, my husband said i should continue with the original plan.

so the cbp asked to see the confirmation email from ns, that one managed to open, when I did he now started reading all my mails and saw the mail i sent asking for a refund.

he started raising his voice that I ve collected my money bk, asked the wheelchair guy to pack all my bags, seized my phone and said he's taking me to immigration.

na there my madness start.I challenged him , and told him he can't do that without a confirmation from ns to know if they refunded.

he said madam sit down or I ll make you sit down. for where!!! took my things to immigration I followed him asking him to call ns.

one immigration guy now came and politely told me to be patient that he ll attend to me shortly, and I should wait inside one room.

meanwhile one American there started raising his voice at him telling him can't he see I'm preggie , how is he gonna make me sit down.

I now went inside the room after the guy he handed my phone to has talked to me.
in 5 minutes my name was called. I went and met him and he just asked where I'm going to, if my SIL is a citizen, how much I ve on me and said I could go and asked me to keep all my receipts.

I just said thank you and left, forgot my phone with him and he started looking for me and handed it to me.

meanwhile the cruz guy has disappeared as I was looking for him to give him a piece of ma mind. nonsense!

I already made up mind for the worst but not until they call ns.

meanwhile the cruz guy searched my bag one by one, removed everything inside and even asked what I do back in Nigeria.

all my food stuff made it including the red oil.

11 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by isysleek: 8:49pm On Apr 12, 2016
Thanks. Will they give me without having an account with them?
I am even willing to open an account with them if they will give me PTA right away without telling me the 3months story.

missexiest:

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by passionantchica: 8:53pm On Apr 12, 2016
Good grief!
That was one big drama!!!!
Thank God you didn't allow his drama shake you. Na wa oooo.
Imagine "sit down or I'll make you sit down"! The nerve.
Abeg is there no provision to sue an officer like him for harassment or something?
Hope you're well rested and over it now.
[quote author=Iphie26 post=44646485][/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by isysleek: 9:10pm On Apr 12, 2016
Do I have to have an account with them?

adycatus:

Jaiz bank in central Area in Abuja gives PTA. Got mine from there.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by modath(f): 9:28pm On Apr 12, 2016
Iwanawana:
@Modath, making tired pregnant women wait endlessly I don't even find amusing. What was amusing me was raising left nyansh for them! Cracked me up for real. But truth be told, Chicago and Houston Poes reach to raise both nyash for one after the other. Infact even with thighs join sef. grin grin

Nah, you misunderstood me,I gatchu 't even talking about you, I meant ME... I can laugh now! You get?

Chicago POE can't be described, na see dey make am real, when others gave account, I felt, ahn ahn, e nor fit bad reach, but nah, they ain't loyal!! grin

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by LadyGuinivere: 9:31pm On Apr 12, 2016
Jesu! Iphie this one ' naija in atlanta 'part 1 to 4 o
This is a new one. U gave it back to him! Lol kudos nwanne. Oyibo dey always think say every foreigner is a backwater illitrate.
Meanyl see the name. Bladdy immigrant feeling funky!
Biko go into the world and have ur american baby and kpazko! to all bad belle cbp

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by modath(f): 9:34pm On Apr 12, 2016
isysleek:
Do I have to have an account with them?

Yep & since they are the new bride in town, heard they've started the 6mths thing... try to waka there & see, luck....nothing ventured, nothing gained..

Try Unity as well, cool bank.... wish you success in the waka, preggy & stress,not easy.

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (405)

Polish Student Visa / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.