Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,929 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:11 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 - Travel (351) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (899912 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (348) (349) (350) (351) (352) (353) (354) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by omoba88: 11:12am On Sep 22, 2016
Hi everyone,

FYI first bank is giving PTA at 338/$ to be loaded on a prepaid Visa card. Interested peeps should talk to their account officers but I think they made it open to everyone so talk to someone you know working with the bank.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by firsttymum(f): 11:22am On Sep 22, 2016
omoba88:
Hi everyone,

FYI first bank is giving PTA at 338/$ to be loaded on a prepaid Visa card. Interested peeps should talk to their account officers but I think they made it open to everyone so talk to someone you know working with the bank.
nice rate o... Thanks alot for the information
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by XX01(f): 12:29pm On Sep 22, 2016
FCMB is giving PTA at 320 to a dollar.

Diamond exclusive is also giving PTA.

For those who used BA, do they insist on your doctor's fit to fly or you can bring that of Port Health?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by LadyGuinivere: 12:55pm On Sep 22, 2016
taayoo:
Hello...I am new hia so pls help me out.

I intend giving birth in Oakbend medical centre (had my first baby there) and i wanted you to give me more information about your stay in SOULCARE (the good, the bad and the ugly). i am looking for something nice and affordable. i will be the only one coming to the US. i will patiently await your response. thanks.

Not only are you quoting long posts thereby making the thread boggy, you are spamming the thread with the same question.
Post your question and cc the people you specially wanna answer

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by SlowlybtSurely: 12:57pm On Sep 22, 2016
XX01:
FCMB is giving PTA at 320 to a dollar.

Diamond exclusive is also giving PTA.

For those who used BA, do they insist on your doctor's fit to fly or you can bring that of Port Health?

They insist on Dr's fit-to-fly.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by taayoo: 1:06pm On Sep 22, 2016
Hello,

Please how affordable is SOJ?
bubelahot:

Yea!!great services..top notch. Used it too Be4 I moved out to a relatives place after child birth...
I highly recommend cheesy
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by MsJanez01: 2:01pm On Sep 22, 2016
Pamperme:
Congrats Mphil... you are a very detailed person, lol.

Congrats Funtolash on your successful POE, JFK is so bae...

Please House,

Is there anyone in Intown Suites, El Paso at the moment. I need help to check something for me at the reception. Would appreciate.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by MsJanez01: 2:06pm On Sep 22, 2016
Good day house. Please I have plans of traveling in Feb. planning on using Doctoresparati in El Paso. Have read on this trend that people have being denied medical Visa sake for reservations for this doctor... Please can anyone share reason why? Make I change hospital sharp sharp. Plus i intend applying alone is there any risk of not applying with hubby. Thanks and God bless
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by XX01(f): 2:32pm On Sep 22, 2016
SlowlybtSurely:

They insist on Dr's fit-to-fly.

Thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by valeriechima(f): 2:52pm On Sep 22, 2016
The icing on my cake arrived on sunday @ 4:45pm after an emergency C section.

My water broke @1:45am nd had a cerclage. since my hospital is 2hrs away from where i stay,we had to change plans so i dont go into labor.
I was registered with anoda hospital dat day....i was praying to God for myself,baby nd bills. The cerclage was removed nd i was induced. I waited until i dilated 6cm but nothing happened. one of the doctors on call explain that if i continue i will be putting my child at risk that a C section has to be done.
afterall it was a success...my babyboy is very healthy we stayed in the hospital for 3days i got hospital bill for mum 8399.99 baby 1392.20. I havent received other bills(doctors nd anesthesia). The financial consellor asked if i wanted insurance for my baby and i told her i will get back to her.....
Pls i need advices....how do i go about talking to them to reduce the bill....pls help a sister.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by superdoll: 2:56pm On Sep 22, 2016
Please does emirate accept only port health fit to fly or do I have to get from my doc as well. Anyone with idea kindly assist.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by mumzt: 3:02pm On Sep 22, 2016
superdoll:
Please does emirate accept only port health fit to fly or do I have to get from my doc as well. Anyone with idea kindly assist.
Emirates will only accept the one from your doctor

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by TripleKMama: 3:05pm On Sep 22, 2016
loudlumi:
Morning mums and all,

Firstly I would like to thank everyone who has posted their experience and relevant information here, it has literally given me hope and belief. That I also would come here giving account of our successful childbirth application and delivery.
2. In a situation where I can not go along with my wife, can my mum apply along with her (she has a 2 year visa expiring April next year ) by renewing her visa and stating she wants to accompany her daughter Inlaw for child birth?

God bless.
Let me suggest she travels shortly before her visa expires as she will still be stamped 6 months. If possible, whether or not u have family, she can travel March and if asked at d airport, quote vacation - which is what it is. Of course she may travel alongside ur wife but thats one less visa application to worry about.
Others can chip in. Cos I learned both from here and outside here that u can enter USA even with visa expiring tomorrow. Saves u money too.
All the best!

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by TOKNOW: 3:32pm On Sep 22, 2016
Good day wonderful people. Please assume ones flight arrives at the airport in US around 12 midnight, would the passengers be allowed to sleep at the airport or what are they supposed to do?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ladyAy: 4:36pm On Sep 22, 2016
Hi Niksie,
Nope Expedia only required i print out the confirmation page and present my international passport for identification and truly that was all they asked for . Dont know about the delta website sha o.

quote author=Niksie post=49569722]
LadyAy how are u doing? @local ticket booking online, please is there anything like asking for the card you used to pay online when you present your ticket at the airport. i did mine yesterday with my naira card too and one condition they put was you must bring along this card when you are travelling otherwise you would be denied travel. i booked directly on delta site though. Anyone with answer too, please respond. thanks[/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by happytbaby: 5:10pm On Sep 22, 2016
Yes, after you credit my account! Note that I am 7hours behind you.

IyawoToBe:
Hi Happytbaby, how are you doing? Pls I'd like to send you a PM. Can i go ahead? sad
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by happytbaby: 5:17pm On Sep 22, 2016
The airport is a free place , no one will chase you but it is not convenient for a pregnant woman to stay sit sleep there.

You can still get a cab to your destination or book an airport hotel and take a cab to it. I hope this helps.

TOKNOW:
Good day wonderful people. Please assume ones flight arrives at the airport in US around 12 midnight, would the passengers be allowed to sleep at the airport or what are they supposed to do?

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Virtuousdiva: 5:56pm On Sep 22, 2016
happytbaby:
Ask your questions here, I am not at Chase suites but I believe I should be able to answer them.

Happytbaby thanks dear. Actually I have been to that city before but planning to change accomodation to either of these two mentioned for my trip later in the year. I want to know from others who have stayed there or are there how these two places are and their level of comfort. Thanks in anticipation to those who have answers for me kiss
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by TripleKMama: 6:17pm On Sep 22, 2016

8 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by kilam111: 6:18pm On Sep 22, 2016
Hi Good eve to all dear sis & members,

I wanna talk to any1 resident of UAE(or Qatar/Behrain) who delivered in USA or got there successfully, have some queries. Pls reply/PM me

Regards & well wishes to all.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Niksie: 6:21pm On Sep 22, 2016
ladyAy:
Hi Niksie,
Nope Expedia only required i print out the confirmation page and present my international passport for identification and truly that was all they asked for. Dont know about the delta website sha o...
alrite thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by IyawoToBe(f): 6:34pm On Sep 22, 2016
happytbaby:
Yes, after you credit my account! Note that I am 7hours behind you.

Hahahaha cheesy Issokay
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by TripleKMama: 7:09pm On Sep 22, 2016
Pls lets try to giv complete info. It'll make d thread shorter by avoidinG some questions. Abeg which city is dis?
I called a staff who says Abuja FBN ran out of d cards. To be supplied next wk. And strictly for Account holders.
omoba88:
Hi everyone,

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Akorkor(f): 9:00pm On Sep 22, 2016
Mamas and Papas, thank you for always respond to my queries. Please like i stated before, myself and DH want to apply to Lagos embassy but on the DS form should we apply differently or we should use Create other family menu. We have been having trouble with this form as we have filled different forms and cancelled because we will like to have the same appointment together. Is it still possible? Can we fill the same form by linking them or we should fill different form and get same appointment with same time.

Please assist because am confused already and i have already told DH am not interested again!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by superdoll: 9:32pm On Sep 22, 2016
mumzt:

Emirates will only accept the one from your doctor

Thanks mumzt. I won't bother with port health den. 00
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Chanbaby: 9:34pm On Sep 22, 2016
@ladyG @firstymum @nef
Pls, I need clarification concerning account statement to present to the embassy for child birth. My hubby has 2 main accounts: one is his salary account that has constant in flow from his company and the other personal account that he uses for transactions. because of his flare and in depth knowledge about cars. so detailed about cars that he can spot any issue with any car easily.

Relatives, friends and colleagues entrust him with large sum to help them sources for very good cars from lagos and cotonu and duly clear them into the country and they give a certain percentage as his commission and he uses that account for the transaction. so very large sum passes through that account but deposited by individuals.
Pls, can we use both accounts or move the money bit by bit to his salary account since this account with very large in flow and out-flow is not a registered business account.

Wouldn't it raise any issue.

Thanks for u response
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Divinefavrite: 9:50pm On Sep 22, 2016
CyZubby:
Hello house good morning,in the spirit of giving back to this wonderful forum that has turned into my second home. I flew emirates from lagos to dallas(17th September to 19th September ) but had a 22hrs layover at dubai.the journey was long and entertainment was on point. I was well taken care of.the flight from dubai to dallas was fantastic, the airhostress blocked a full middle row seats for me so that I can sleep comfortable whenever I want.I was always being checked up by them and given what ever I demanded for. It was the favour of God.and maybe because am three in one.Got to dallas, did E -check in.a slip was printed out stating All my details including my type of visa. Now to the immigration officer
Officer: Hello madam
Me: with my tired face hi good morning
Officer :what's in your stomach
Me: babies. Na so two of us start to dey laugh seriously.
Officer : what do u have in your bag?
Me:food items and some cereals that I love eating.
Officer :do you have some money with you?
Me:yes few cash and dollar card.
Officer :ok thank you.and gave me back my passport, it wasn't stamped not just mine even a nija man that was coming to dallas to pick up his family that was attended to by another officer. Asked questions they said I was good to go. I was surprised, it got to a point I was asking myself if I really went through the right place.everything was so smooth,brief and easy. I just said it's God. He heard my prayers.no secondary inspection.
Next was to board a flight to Houston my final destination with American Airlines. Went for my appointment yesterday with Dr E oakbend. So relaxing now for my next appointment and scan to see my little babies and how they are doing.
Thanks to this great forum for all the wonderful informations I received here. God bless you all.

@cyzubby, congrats on your POE experience. I am also in houston using Dr. E of OakBend as well. If u don't mind, u can reach out to me let's get together or tell me how to reach you. I'm bored pleeeeease.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by LadyGuinivere: 9:50pm On Sep 22, 2016
Akorkor:
Mamas and Papas, thank you for always respond to my queries. Please like i stated before, myself and DH want to apply to Lagos embassy but on the DS form should we apply differently or we should use Create other family menu. We have been having trouble with this form as we have filled different forms and cancelled because we will like to have the same appointment together. Is it still possible? Can we fill the same form by linking them or we should fill different form and get same appointment with same time.

Please assist because am confused already and i have already told DH am not interested again!
Each applicant MUST fill his ds 160.
So each of you will fill, submit and get the same time of appointment.

As for the question u posted on the VO's thread, you do realise the VO does not answer such questions?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by LadyGuinivere: 9:55pm On Sep 22, 2016
Chanbaby:
@ladyG @firstymum @nef
Pls, I need clarification concerning account statement to present to the embassy for child birth. My hubby has 2 main accounts: one is his salary account that has constant in flow from his company and the other personal account that he uses for transactions. because of his flare and in depth knowledge about cars. so detailed about cars that he can spot any issue with any car easily.

Relatives, friends and colleagues entrust him with large sum to help them sources for very good cars from lagos and cotonu and duly clear them into the country and they give a certain percentage as his commission and he uses that account for the transaction. so very large sum passes through that account but deposited by individuals.
Pls, can we use both accounts or move the money bit by bit to his salary account since this account with very large in flow and out-flow is not a registered business account.

Wouldn't it raise any issue.

Thanks for u response
Use the account that reflects his true state of affairs and can be defended. The money in the account for cars, if I understand you belong to other people for cars they want to purchase.Right.
So that isn't his money...

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Chanbaby: 9:56pm On Sep 22, 2016
Akorkor:

@Akorkor
You'll fill different forms. There is a point u will be asked travel companion but of u will fill each others names.
when scheduling ur appointment ur hubby will add u as dependent( family application). Ur appointment confirmation will be just one for both of u.

Note u will both pay separate visa fee.
I hope it's clear. I have tried to explain to the best of my knowledge hope dis helps. Cos I did for my hubby and I early dis year. Other guru will add or subtract. Cheers!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (348) (349) (350) (351) (352) (353) (354) ... (405)

Polish Student Visa / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.