Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,828 members, 7,820,909 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:04 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 - Travel (385) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (901092 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (382) (383) (384) (385) (386) (387) (388) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by pokompakam: 10:42am On Oct 15, 2016
Please make una help me answer my question on baby's ticket oh

Tanx
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by slimwendy85: 10:52am On Oct 15, 2016
@powermike9999, is it really that bad. I really don't get what the plan is in this country. Obtaining dollar seems to be getting way more difficult by the day. It's beginning to look like the government trying to deliberately push people to procure from the Black market....
I didn't know it was difficult, I just knew it was fastest fingers, meaning to get money gram or Western union u had to be at the bank at 8, and by 8.15 they would stop. Ezemistic can still get her folks to give it a shot.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nobody: 10:53am On Oct 15, 2016
pokompakam:
Please make una help me answer my question on baby's ticket oh

Tanx
what airline are you using?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by tablesturn: 10:55am On Oct 15, 2016
Thanks for the concern. But nothing in there is for me. Thats all our host asked for and they usually want a lot of milk for the kids and other relatives. Will swap the noodles for any regular non-chicken flavour. Much appreciated.

@dere5

@chikos

chikos:

My exact thought!. How many months are u going for? Pls I think 4packs of milk and a cartoon of oriental noodles or other type of noodles without chicken written on it should be enough . Remember you have other foods stuff to carry plus u will also eat out. Don't carry what u dont or won't need.u will need the space to carry baby things back
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by TripleKMama: 11:03am On Oct 15, 2016
Maybe her craving is milk grin
On a serious note tho, If u need something to carry, pls invest in DATES. Studies show that eating dates in the last few wks of preg helps induce labor naturally & shortens the first stage drastically. So u might want to reconsider what u're packing grin
"Date fruit also has a laxative effect, which stimulates uterine contractions.” Dates also contain: Natural sugars (fructose) that easily break down in the body and won't spike blood sugar levels but will offer high energy, which makes dates during pregnancy or labor an excellent choice."
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21280989
http://www.mamanatural.com/dates-during-pregnancy/
Mine attached grin

chikos:

My exact thought!. How many months are u going for? Pls I think 4packs of milk and a cartoon of oriental noodles or other type of noodles without chicken written on it should be enough . Remember you have other foods stuff to carry plus u will also eat out. Don't carry what u dont or won't need.u will need the space to carry baby things back

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by TripleKMama: 11:08am On Oct 15, 2016
My host say make I no bring anything grin. Dat I wil be too tired to carry anything. Isn't that lovely? wink
Seriously that's a lot...but like u said, one good turn deserves another.
tablesturn:
Thanks for the concern. But nothing in there is for me. Thats all our host asked for and they usually want a lot of milk for the kids and other relatives. Will swap the noodles for any regular non-chicken flavour. Much appreciated.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by YoungMetrosG(f): 11:34am On Oct 15, 2016
There are about 5 different Baylor hospitals in Dallas. Additional info is definitely needed here. At carrollton, epidural/anaesthesiologist = >$2k etc so knowing the exact Baylor hospital will go a long way.

fatima04:

A friend used an hospital in Dallas recently Baylor Scott and she got a total bill of 3000 dollars for hospital, 1,187 for doctor (will try and get the doctors name) den 71 dollars for followup check up and she already got her zero balance account. Shikena. Dough epidura and some others are not part of the package. Can get some more details and post here cos that's a package of less Dan 5k dollars in all.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by bolijiks: 11:46am On Oct 15, 2016
Please anyone that can help with the information below....

[quoqte author=bolijiks post=50209773]Hello NLers,

Well done to everyone that has kept this tread going. Been on airbnb searching for accomodation but scared of selecting a poor location. Is anyone currently in Chicago that can guide us thru. Abeg help a sister in need. Will be off to Chicago in 4 weeks. embarassed[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ebonychic18(f): 1:34pm On Oct 15, 2016
chloe7:

Thanks a lot, I really appreciate kiss
uwc smiley kiss
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by shamecurls(m): 3:29pm On Oct 15, 2016
XX01:

JPS doesn't take international patients. You have to be a Tarrant county resident. There's Baylor Scott & White in Carrollton.

JPS does....You just need to get a temporal resident ID if u reside in county.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Davidandgo: 3:40pm On Oct 15, 2016
Hello My Fellow Naira Landers!

Its me again o. I don't know if you guys remember by POE story...well God has done it again. I had my baby via supernatural childbirth. Came to hospital on Friday 14th Oct at 11pm for them to check if I was dialated I gave birth at 2.5am on 15th of October. No Epidural or medicine received. Somebody please shout hallelujah! !

45 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by LadyGuinivere: 3:52pm On Oct 15, 2016
powermike9999:
Sending money thru Moneygram/Western union is almost as difficult as sending money to heaven now frm my personal experience in d last 3 wks. Also d greedy,long throat,hungry & poor Fund transfer officer 'egunje' increases d cost.

Nwanne! Please how do they send money to heaven?! I wan open account there o! grin

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by nefertitiram: 3:52pm On Oct 15, 2016
LadyGuinivere:
I started this thread before I got married too. Chai! Dollar was 154 then. Chaii. It is well.

Abeg who dey find maid? US de hungry me but economu no gree. I go carry your bag, baff you, dey run all your errands. Even Alaska sef I go follow u go! cheesy grin just buy me ticket. Air marocco sef I go enter! Lol

Omugwo no easy o! I don waka taya finally we've gotten BC n passport will come out on monday. Can't wait to get back home. My 13 month daughter that was jealous of a newborn has even accepted her fate and joined in the omugwo waka.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Ezemistic: 4:07pm On Oct 15, 2016
Ok, I have not explore it before. How is it done? How much is d rate? Can anyone (friend, neighbor) do it for me

slimwendy85:
@ ezemistic, have u explored money gram or Western union. Get people in Nigeria to send it to you, it should be cheaper than black market.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by LadyGuinivere: 4:36pm On Oct 15, 2016
nefertitiram:

Omugwo no easy o! I don waka taya finally we've gotten BC n passport will come out on monday. Can't wait to get back home. My 13 month daughter that was jealous of a newborn has even accepted her fate and joined in the omugwo waka.

Lemme go ist and then be tired o! grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by XX01(f): 6:15pm On Oct 15, 2016
shamecurls:

I know but I didn't want to ignite the earlier controversy. They don't accept international patients that's why you need the card. So they won't respond to her long distance calls but will attend to her in person.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nobody: 6:32pm On Oct 15, 2016
Ezemistic:
Ok, I have not explore it before. How is it done? How much is d rate? Can anyone (friend, neighbor) do it for me

anyone anyone a valid means of i.d and funds in the account can do it for you., the person will give you an answer to a secret question or some reference so you can pick up the cash.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Gagat: 7:57pm On Oct 15, 2016
shamecurls:

Pls how and where can one get this temporal residents ID
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by dyout: 8:45pm On Oct 15, 2016
From my findings, you must be a resident of Tarrant county to access their maternity package at the discounted price. if you are not a resident of Tarrant county you must pay the normal price, which is about $9k for VD. Infact my sister In-law stays in Tarrant county i told her to go to the hospital, she did and confirm same to me. That her sister can not use her I.D card, you must be a resident to qualify for this package.

Gagat:

Pls how and where can one get this temporal residents ID
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Topnotch22: 8:55pm On Oct 15, 2016
Hello people, I'm a first time poster, started following this thread some few months back.
I'm also a first time mom with the intention of delivery in the US. I had my interview last week and thank God it was granted, Like I've seen several times here from people's testimonies, it really pays to be honest. I didn't even have to bring out any document from my "thick file" I went with plus the lady ddnt even open my passport. She only asked the countries ive been to before, my reason for traveling-which of course was obvious because of my visible bump, the state I'm travelling to and if I have a doctor, where I work plus if I'm paying the bills alone and that was it. She brought out the white paper and started advising me- "Newyork is expensive so be prepared, if you don't like your doctor when you get there pls change him immediately, when you get to the POE pls be honest, don't use Medicaid, keep all your receipts etc"... I just nodded in agreement and that was it.

I'ld be leaving in a few weeks and dollar is crazy but I'm trusting God completely. Im coming back soon with my POE and delivery experience IJN.

27 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by zitaspears: 10:40pm On Oct 15, 2016
Hello all,I am a firsttime poster, I should be in USA in March 2017. I am also considering Dallas or Taxes.one of the major issues am having is accommodation as I do not have anyone in both statEnglish but with water I read it think the states are the cheapest.so pls if anyone can help me with how I can sort that problem pls I would appreciate. I amean like 80% consideringet using Dr F. He gave a quotation for CHI st luke's health sugarland ,pls has anyone used this hospital?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by nomanicole(f): 1:07am On Oct 16, 2016
Davidandgo:
Hello My Fellow Naira Landers!

Its me again o. I don't know if you guys remember by POE story...well God has done it again. I had my baby via supernatural childbirth. Came to hospital on Friday 14th Oct at 11pm for them to check if I was dialated I gave birth at 2.5am on 15th of October. No Epidural or medicine received. Somebody please shout hallelujah! !

Halleluyah ohhhhhhh

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by funtolash: 3:04am On Oct 16, 2016
Ours was done by notary lawyer and it was accepted.
lobus:

US embassy only.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by dere5: 3:59am On Oct 16, 2016
zitaspears:
Hello all,I am a firsttime poster, I should be in USA in March 2017. I am also considering Dallas or Taxes.one of the major issues am having is accommodation as I do not have anyone in both statEnglish but with water I read it think the states are the cheapest.so pls if anyone can help me with how I can sort that problem pls I would appreciate. I amean like 80% consideringet using Dr F. He gave a quotation for CHI st luke's health sugarland ,pls has anyone used this hospital?
You don't have know anyone or have any relation in those states. Just get doctor and hospital sorted,then start looking for accommodation,there are a couple of places that has been mentioned on this forum,check them out
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by MamaTobenna: 4:34am On Oct 16, 2016
Intending 2017 LA mamas where Una dey
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by funtolash: 5:48am On Oct 16, 2016
babythug:

Hello everyone

Just to mention I successfully used the visa on arrival option for my baby a few weeks back! The key thing is to arrive at the airport early and explain that you will get the visa in Nigeria, have the baby's birth certificate on hand as well. It costs 200 dollars even though the official rate is 160 dollars

Good luck

I flew Qatar airways
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by funtolash: 6:45am On Oct 16, 2016
Missionary journey gradually coming to a close. All baby's documents are ready. Applied for Nigerian passport online and my appointment was on the 14th Oct. Got to the Nigerian house a few minutes to noon and passport was ready for pickup by 3pm same day. Cost of Nigerian Passport was $107 ( $77 paid when we applied and $30 money order when we went for capturing.) For those birthing in New Jersey, expedited passport takes 2-3 wks as they dont do same day expedited in New Jersey (mine arrived in 10days). If you want the same day expedited passport, you have to go to New York or Philadelphia where they have the closest Passport Receiving Agent to New Jersey. SSN arrived 3wks after birth.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by shamecurls(m): 7:16am On Oct 16, 2016
dyout:
From my findings, you must be a resident of Tarrant county to access their maternity package at the discounted price. if you are not a resident of Tarrant county you must pay the normal price, which is about $9k for VD. Infact my sister In-law stays in Tarrant county i told her to go to the hospital, she did and confirm same to me. That her sister can not use her I.D card, you must be a resident to qualify for this package.

https://www.dps.texas.gov/DriverLicense/applyforID.htm

Search Locations on page to know nearest office to you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by favoredgal: 7:33am On Oct 16, 2016
nefertitiram:
Strolling into thread, looks around, waving hi and bye.

Returning to my hotel bed in Chicago ;d

Came in through JFK with lo as us citizen. Nothing was asked. Just hi and bye.

Bags searched in agric. Felt like Lagos to abuja trip. I slept on take off in Lagos and woke up in NY via arik. See groove.

Oya bye bye

You mean you baby slept all through the journey including take off And landing?

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Colouredgirl: 7:53am On Oct 16, 2016
Nnystc:
Like joke... Part 4 is already getting to page 400!

I hail you all oh... Gate-keepers, Newbies, "oldbies", class monitors, Iya-olojas and Baba-olojas, Onowus, Odionweres... all the "titled" men and women of the thread who have been passing us vital information patiently and painstakingly...

... May God bless your hustles, and mine too!

My missionary journey is winding down. So happy to be going back to the Fatherland... Jor let me go and face my main life and family...

Yankee nor sweet when you leave your "heart" (loved ones) back in NIgeria.

"Ogz and kizzez"
E no sweet ooo my sister..

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Colouredgirl: 7:58am On Oct 16, 2016
bisilola:
Goodmorning All,I am not a frequent poster on this forum but I follow what happens here. Congrats to all the new mummies,old timers and all the successful visa approvals.
I just want to sound a note of warning to all the Chicago mothers,pls and pls do not try to go in by
That Poe at all. I know it has been said several times but this is a fresh advice. My very close friend was sent back just last week after proofing
All that was necessary,it's a very dangerous Poe.
Let's try as much as possible to avoid that place.
Just a piece of advice oooo
Yes ooo...Chicago bad gan
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Bisoye82: 8:12am On Oct 16, 2016
MamaTobenna:
Intending 2017 LA mamas where Una dey
Congratulations mama wink wink wink Hope it's twins o.
Chai I miss LA but when I remember how much dollar is I resket myself sharply. lipsrsealed

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (382) (383) (384) (385) (386) (387) (388) ... (405)

Polish Student Visa / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / Travelling To Canada Part 11

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.