Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,172 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:28 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 - Travel (386) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (901570 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (383) (384) (385) (386) (387) (388) (389) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nobody: 8:28am On Oct 16, 2016
MamaTobenna:
Intending 2017 LA mamas where Una dey
Mama Tobenna, is this what i'm thinking cheesy welcome back on board grin

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by dere5: 8:45am On Oct 16, 2016
chloe7:

Mama Tobenna of La waka, e don happen?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Toks07: 8:49am On Oct 16, 2016
I've been off for a while. Congratulation nifertitram
nefertitiram:

Omugwo no easy o! I don waka taya finally we've gotten BC n passport will come out on monday. Can't wait to get back home. My 13 month daughter that was jealous of a newborn has even accepted her fate and joined in the omugwo waka.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by boluwagin: 8:51am On Oct 16, 2016
fatima04:

A friend used an hospital in Dallas recently Baylor Scott and she got a total bill of 3000 dollars for hospital, 1,187 for doctor (will try and get the doctors name) den 71 dollars for followup check up and she already got her zero balance account. Shikena. Dough epidura and some others are not part of the package.

Please I will appreciate any useful information...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by boluwagin: 9:28am On Oct 16, 2016
shamecurls:

JPS does....You just need to get a temporal resident ID if u reside in county.

I think it's same as not accepting foreign patient's because I do not reside in the county or does a foreigner leaving with a family friend in dallas means residing in the county? and their self pay OB package is meant for people under tarrant county, isn't that medic aid?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by shamecurls(m): 9:39am On Oct 16, 2016
boluwagin:

I think it's same as not accepting foreign patient's because I do not reside in the county or does a foreigner leaving with a family friend in dallas means residing in the county? and their self pay OB package is meant for people under tarrant county, isn't that medic aid?

Check requirements on page.....it's clearly stated that "US citizenship or lawful presence status, social security and Texas residency"

It's boldly written on the ID that it's a limited term ID, so you need not worry...it's legal.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by desoul: 12:22pm On Oct 16, 2016
funtolash:
Ours was done by notary lawyer and it was accepted.
am considering that option anyway..thanks for this
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by fatima04: 12:57pm On Oct 16, 2016
YoungMetrosG:
There are about 5 different Baylor hospitals in Dallas. Additional info is definitely needed here. At carrollton, epidural/anaesthesiologist = >$2k etc so knowing the exact Baylor hospital will go a long way.

She used Baylor Scott ob/gyn package nd didn't opt for epidural which made it way cheaper.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by LadyGuinivere: 2:47pm On Oct 16, 2016
boluwagin:

Please I will appreciate any useful information...
The post she did was very useful. It had a hospital, cost and location.
Try using google to get the phone nos and call them
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by justwise(m): 2:50pm On Oct 16, 2016
@fatima04

Please enough of free ad for that hospital here, their services are not free neither are they running charity organisation.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by beausexy(f): 2:58pm On Oct 16, 2016
fatima04:

A friend used an hospital in Dallas recently Baylor Scott and she got a total bill of 3000 dollars for hospital, 1,187 for doctor (will try and get the doctors name) den 71 dollars for followup check up and she already got her zero balance account. Shikena. Dough epidura and some others are not part of the package.
Hi Fatima,Pls could u help me wit ur fwend's contact and d name of d doctor.....thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by beausexy(f): 3:16pm On Oct 16, 2016
Hi all, Pls does any1 have a contact in Dallas where I can stay for 3months n less expensive grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by fatima04: 4:53pm On Oct 16, 2016
justwise:
@fatima04

Please enough of free ad for that hospital here, their services are not free neither are they running charity organisation.

Lol @chief moderator, its about helping mothers to be get good and affordable option especially in an economy where all your savings is devalued.

Sharing information is good because have gained alot from pple on this forum as well.

17 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by MamaTobenna: 5:04pm On Oct 16, 2016
dere5:

Mama Tobenna of La waka, e don happen?
chloe7:
Bisoye82:

Congratulations mama wink wink wink Hope it's twins o.
Chai I miss LA but when I remember how much dollar is I resket myself sharply. lipsrsealed
. Haaaaaa noooooo. I don hang my boots. I just want to find out something . Biko no be that kind congratulations I want. Twins ke? For this economy. I don run

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nobody: 5:16pm On Oct 16, 2016
MamaTobenna:
. Haaaaaa noooooo. I don hang my boots. I just want to find out something . Biko no be that kind congratulations I want. Twins ke? For this economy. I don run
Lool Lool anything can happen o jare cheesy.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by MamaOO: 6:28pm On Oct 16, 2016
shamecurls:

Check requirements on page.....it's clearly stated that "US citizenship or lawful presence status, social security and Texas residency"

It's boldly written on the ID that it's a limited term ID, so you need not worry...it's legal.
Living with relatives or living in a county temporarily does not make you a resident of that county.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by gunvi: 6:37pm On Oct 16, 2016
pokompakam:
My people longest time.
Little angel arrived on the 6th sept.
Had cs with Dr f at methodist
Doc 2900
Hospital 3780
Lab 174
Not seen pead yet.

Started out to head home. Please my experienced mamas, anyone know how to get baby ticket. D price dey gave me am nt smiling oh. 470 dey said it's based on one way dat dey can't book return if my ticket is remaining houston lag only. Please anyone knows how to go about this.

Congrats to those who had successful interview. And arrival of our babies. It's God oh.

Please make una help oh. Am ready to port back.
Nice info...Congrats to u.Pls can you help us to share d cost of delivery and hospital.my wife is planning to use methodist hspt.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by shamecurls(m): 6:39pm On Oct 16, 2016
MamaOO:

Living with relatives or living in a county temporarily does not make you a resident of that county.

Sharing from experience. A resident will support you with documents that you temporarily reside in the county with your Visa attached to the application. You re required to pay a token and it's issued with the validity of the duration on your passport.

It's issued as a "Temporal identification Card"

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by MamaOO: 6:51pm On Oct 16, 2016
shamecurls:

Sharing from experience. A resident will support you with documents that you temporarily reside in the county with your Visa attached to the application. You re required to pay a token and it's issued with the validity of the duration on your passport.

It's issued as a "Temporal identification Card"
Oh okay. No problem. I didn't know. But make sure to cover your bases well though, make sure you'll be able to defend it well if it comes up at a point of entry or when renewing your visa. US angencies notoriously have different interpretations of different scenarios. What flies with one might not fly with another
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by shamecurls(m): 6:59pm On Oct 16, 2016
MamaOO:

Oh okay. No problem. I didn't know. But make sure to cover your bases well though, make sure you'll be able to defend it well if it comes up at a point of entry or when renewing your visa. US angencies notoriously have different interpretations of different scenarios. What flies with one might not fly with another

DW did in 2015 and got her Zero balance, renewed Visa in 2016 and just had another one last month in Philly. Tendered Zero balance as proof at POE and no stress. But like u stated "What flies with one might not fly with another"

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by sugah: 8:30pm On Oct 16, 2016
gunvi:
Nice info...Congrats to u.Pls can you help us to share d cost of delivery and hospital.my wife is planning to use methodist hspt.
Ermm broda, its the cost of delivery she shared that you quoted..... Unless you mean something else.

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Awango: 9:17pm On Oct 16, 2016
whitetiger511:
Who needs extra pta? I'm travelling next week, and can apply for pta from travelex, but I really don't need it, I'll sell it to you at 400. We meet up at the airport, you transfer to travelex, and the extra to me and get your dollars. If you're interested follow me, and I'll send you a pm back.

Thank you.

Hi I sent you a PM as regards your advert about the Euro/money transfer can I get your contact?Please reply my PM.
Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by pokompakam: 10:16pm On Oct 16, 2016
Chloe7 I am using klm. Thanks for asking. I still need answer oh please....

Tanx
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by pokompakam: 10:32pm On Oct 16, 2016
Gun which cost again do u need. Have told u dats d cost of my cs delivery. Have not seen bills for baby.

Please do they charge for newborn screening? How much does it cost? I declined hearing test oh.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nobody: 10:54pm On Oct 16, 2016
pokompakam:

Tanx
mums that have used KLM have always quoted such high fares for their LO's, KLM is one of the expensive airlines in terms of adding a baby to ticket, I think what they do is 10% of fare of the date you're travelling and not 10% of the fare you paid, the fare keeps changing hopefully it will come down, what you should do is monitor the date you are returning and once you notice a drop book instantly, also clear cookies so it doesn't keep bringing same thing over and over.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by bolof2010: 12:28am On Oct 17, 2016
bolof2010:

Emirates finally found m bag after 3 months of waiting... I have love all hopes but I thank God. I BELIEVE YOURS WILL BE FOUND AS WELL JUST KEEP PRAYING DEAR...

3 boxes? thats serious but there is hope since you just arrived just keep calling them. how do they really expect one to produce receipts for all the items its really sad. i wont let it go though! EVEN if i have to visit their office in VI.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Fyorgyn: 3:00am On Oct 17, 2016
So my missionary journey don start.

Flew Virgin with stop over in London. I was not asked for fit to fly at all in Lagos, throughout the flight to London and on to LA. Had an overnight layover, passed through UK immigration without problem.

There was quite a queue at lax poe...

CBP officer scanned my passport and fingerprints. Then conversation started

CBP Officer: are you here for business? (I think this was because my last visit was to attend a conference)
Me: No.
CBP Officer: what are you here for
Me: to have my baby
CBP Officer: why the US
Me: better healthcare and citizenship
CBP Officer: How much do you have
Me: $12k in my bank cards... $70 in cash...(I didn't get travelex at the airport but if asked I had proof of funds in the cards)
CBP Officer: stamps me in till April 2017
Me: is that all?
CBP Officer: yes... you can go.

Shikena... very easy. No stress at all. All my fit to fly, neatly arranged burden of proof... nothing was checked.

Just to add... I don't know why but to shorten the queue they expedited the process for those that flew virgin. Three airlines arrived at the same time... qarta, virgin and another... one officer came and was like if you came with virgin atlantic come this way and they attended to us quickly.

Wish everyone the best in their waka

27 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nnystc: 5:59am On Oct 17, 2016
Allo allo
You still need this info??
Unable to enter my mailbox right now, but saw notification of your pm

Let me know.

pokompakam:

Tanx
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Colouredgirl: 6:40am On Oct 17, 2016
bolijiks:
Hello NLers,

Well done to everyone that has kept this tread going. Been on airbnb searching for accomodation but scared of selecting a poor location. Is anyone currently in Chicago that can guide us thru. Abeg help a sister in need. Will be off to Chicago in 4 weeks. embarassed
Am in Chicago...stay off south side notorious for shootings,the suburbs isn't fair on transportation,only if you mobile,the north side is your best bet...

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Iwanawana: 7:12am On Oct 17, 2016
Greetings everyone. Congratulations to all d recent good news...Visa, POE n successful deliveries. I want to in a special way hail all d DHS keeping it real n coughing out dollars for this economy for MJS. And DWS doing it all from thier pockets, na una be the real MVPs.

Abeg make I troway better hailing before I go back to ghost mode to my correct pips biko. Nef congrats person no even hear 'shikirim' come hear 'gbim' for groundoo. Firsty, LadyG, Mo,Sugah, Nnystc nwa di correct!(always enjoy reading ur posts cracks me up) congrats. Hope una LOS are doing well.

Ngwanu una bye byeoooo.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nobody: 7:41am On Oct 17, 2016
Nnystc:
Allo allo
You still need this info??
Unable to enter my mailbox right now, but saw notification of your pm

Let me know.

yes I guess she still needs the info, thanks for the response

(1) (2) (3) ... (383) (384) (385) (386) (387) (388) (389) ... (405)

Polish Student Visa / Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.