Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,946 members, 7,828,316 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:19 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 - Travel (389) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (902072 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (386) (387) (388) (389) (390) (391) (392) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by lobus: 11:57am On Oct 18, 2016
bissiejoe:

Thanks for the reply...can you please quote the form number here so that it will be easier for me to download it from the website?
Thanks

DS-3053

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by lobus: 11:59am On Oct 18, 2016
TripleKMama:
Pls is dis d same wit Abuja? I tot someone said u need to book appointment? Or is dat d old procedure? Pls epp me clarify. Tanks.

For Lagos, you stroll in. I don't know about Abuja.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by gratefulalways: 12:49pm On Oct 18, 2016
No prior appointment is required for Abuja. Just stroll in & you will be attended to at the Citizens Services section of the Embassy. Hours of service for Abuja are Monday, Tuesday and Thursday from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m, and Fridays from 8 a.m. to 11 a.m. It was free when I did it April.

lobus:

For Lagos, you stroll in. I don't know about Abuja.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by bissiejoe: 4:16pm On Oct 18, 2016
lobus:

DS-3053
Thanks.....seen
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Ewajesus: 4:19pm On Oct 18, 2016
Hello mama in the house please my sister went for visa interview today but she was denied, she has not travelled before. Can she Still 're apply she will be due by November ending. She has gotten doctor and all necessary documents because I had idea of them. I had my baby last year in Houston . She got letter from same doctor. Pls help me
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by lobus: 4:27pm On Oct 18, 2016
Ewajesus:
Hello mama in the house please my sister went for visa interview today but she was denied, she has not travelled before. Can she Still 're apply she will be due by November ending. She has gotten doctor and all necessary documents because I had idea of them. I had my baby last year in Houston . She got letter from same doctor. Pls help me

Post the detailed interview transcript. What was the reason for denial on the blue paper?

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by veleta: 4:42pm On Oct 18, 2016
@LadyG, Nne am not back yet. Our God does not fail my dear, please hang in there ok.We are all praying for you. It will surely end in praise nwanne mmadu. All your good deeds will never go unrewarded. Take care dear

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Mcseun: 5:46pm On Oct 18, 2016
Good evening everyone. This is my first time commenting, I must say this thread has been very helpful. I also intend having my baby in USA. And following the advice given ;Don this thread, have sent in a change of travel intent letter. But I'm yet to get reply. I will really appreciate if anyone that has also sent in such mails to tell me how long it took them to reply or should I resend it.. Thank you very much.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by temmyo: 6:03pm On Oct 18, 2016
Mcseun:
Good evening everyone. This is my first time commenting, I must say this thread has been very helpful. I also intend having my baby in USA. And following the advice given ;Don this thread, have sent in a change of travel intent letter. But I'm yet to get reply. I will really appreciate if anyone that has also sent in such mails to tell me how long it took them to reply or should I resend it.. Thank you very much.
it took about 5 days before I was replied. no need to resend, unless of course is been about a week +

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Mcseun: 6:13pm On Oct 18, 2016
Thank you very much @temmyo.
temmyo:
it took about 5 days before I was replied. no need to resend, unless of course is been about a week +
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by happytbaby: 6:36pm On Oct 18, 2016
Thanks

Divinefavrite:

Was there today, to pick up tomorrow afternoon. If your date of departure is within two weeks, u get the following day with an additional cost of $60
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by favored247: 6:38pm On Oct 18, 2016
Good day house..im a silent follower here but want to ask question o
Had my visa oct 2014. I applied for vacation to see my relative. In the course of the interview the v.o asked if i will use my visa for childbirth,i said yes if it comes. In jan 2015 i travelled for childbirth.it was successful. Now i've travelled again for another childbirth on that same visa. At poe dey asked my reason for coming i said vacation n childbirth.

Now i never sent a letter to d embassy for change of intent. Will this affect my renewal for a visa ?though this isnt my first visa as i had my first visa on student basis which i returned to naija after schooling. Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by favored247: 6:49pm On Oct 18, 2016
Austine2020:
I think Its very Ok, since u renew through Dropbox and still sent change intent letter to the embassy.Most especially,its not your first visas and not the first time u or your family are traveling to the US,unlike the family i told u about,it was their first US visas and they got it for Vacation. but never travel for vacation and later wanted to use it for childbirth.And on the process of looking for her mum or her mum in law visa,wahala started.

And Procedures Part 4 by favored247: 6:38pm
Had my visa oct 2014. I applied for vacation to see my relative. In the course of the interview the v.o asked if i will use my visa for childbirth,i said yes if it comes. In jan 2015 i travelled for childbirth.it was successful. Now i've travelled again for another childbirth on that same visa. At poe dey asked my reason for coming i said vacation n childbirth.

Now i never sent a letter to d embassy for change of intent. Will this affect my renewal for a visa ?though this isnt my first visa as i had my first visa on student basis which i returned to naija after schooling. Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by pokompakam: 7:38pm On Oct 18, 2016
@nnystc
I have called them again today. Told them I want to book my dotas ticket for x date to and x date fro. Dey say OK. Wat is my own reservation number to add baby. Wen I giv dem dey start with d one way story. BT if return its d low amount. But the rule says they must attach baby to an adult and DAT I av flown lag to Houston of my ticket. So its either I pay 467 or I buy my return ticket at d 8xx and get the low amount.
Don't they ask for ur confirmation number to add baby?

Same no I can't add baby at DAT price story.

Please did u just book your ticket afresh or dats d same ticket u came with.
I av been on this since I gave birth in sept. Y are they insisting I pay that high.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Annim: 7:55pm On Oct 18, 2016
Had my baby on Oct 5th at HNWMC via scheduled CS. Used Dr. Xy... Bill are
Doc's fees $1,850
Hospital fees for 3days $3,500, material for circumsion $100
Lab fees $84
Paed Fees $1,080
Epidural $750
Paed fees after discharge $50
Gotten zero bal for doc and Hosp. Expecting zero bal for lab and Paed...

16 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Ulio(f): 8:05pm On Oct 18, 2016
Mcseun:

Had same experience with abjcon...had to resend to lagniv...after sm days. N gt a reply 4hrs later. So if u dnt mind wait. If u cnt resend it. I couldn't wait..
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Ulio(f): 8:09pm On Oct 18, 2016
pokompakam:
@nnystc
I have called them again today. Told them I want to book my dotas ticket for x date to and x date fro. Dey say OK. Wat is my own reservation number to add baby. Wen I giv dem dey start with d one way story. BT if return its d low amount. But the rule says they must attach baby to an adult and DAT I av flown lag to Houston of my ticket. So its either I pay 467 or I buy my return ticket at d 8xx and get the low amount.

I av been on this since I gave birth in sept. Y are they insisting I pay that high.

Which airline?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by zitaspears: 8:36pm On Oct 18, 2016
Annim:
Had my baby on Oct 5th at HNWMC via scheduled CS. Used Dr. Xy... Bill are
Doc's fees $1,850
Hospital fees for 3days $3,500, material for circumsion $100
Lab fees $84
Paed Fees $1,080
Epidural $750
Paed fees after discharge $50
Gotten zero bal for doc and Hosp. Expecting zero bal for lab and Paed...
please where is HNWMC in which state.it looks like it's the cheapest i have seenough. Pls doc details too. Thank you and congrats
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by mamacajah: 9:33pm On Oct 18, 2016
lobus:

Print the Form online, fill it but don't sign. Go with your Int'l passport as a means of identification. Just stroll into the embassy Mon-Fri before 12 noon. The process takes about 15-30mins (waiting time inclusive)
thanks this is really helpful.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by TripleKMama: 9:55pm On Oct 18, 2016
U were preggers during ur 2014 interview...why did u lie na? Cos u delivered early 2015, abi?
Otherwise, I don't see why ur renewal won't be honored.
favored247:

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by bissiejoe: 9:59pm On Oct 18, 2016
Hello house,
Though this may sound funny, has anyone omitted the date of birth of the minor on the the consent form and got same notarized at the embassy.
Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nnystc: 10:22pm On Oct 18, 2016
1- which airline?
2- which of their offices are you calling? Lagos or US? You should be callling their US office oh, not Nigeria office.
3- I bought my ticket direct from the airline. I honestly dont know if this will work if ticket was bought from agents: wakanow orvtravelstart, etc.
4- youll have to be persistent. In my case i made over 7 calls to achieve success. In one instance i was told that i got through to an agent had to ask the agent to help me with a number to reach KLM directly.

In my case, i had used one leg of the ticket already, i just asked them to add infant ticket to the return leg, and i can add another ticket to babys return leg when next im coming, or allow babys return leg to lapse.

Keep trying oh nne.
Persistence pays
Cheers and all the best!

pokompakam:
@nnystc

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by gold638: 11:06pm On Oct 18, 2016
Hello house. Please, anyone coming into Atlanta any time soon? I need malaria drugs like fansider. Will appreciate a response. Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by pokompakam: 12:51am On Oct 19, 2016
Ulio its klm
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Shayo5: 1:08am On Oct 19, 2016
Hello everyone ,
Been a silent follower for a while,was here 2014/2015.
Prepping for missionary journey 2 almost gave up sef with this crazy dollar rate,gone through the threads but I need info on hospitals in LA Orton area to be precise.
Thanks a lot guys
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by pokompakam: 1:25am On Oct 19, 2016
Nnystc

Thanks dear at least u calmed me down DAT u tried severally before succeeding if not I for say weda I dey speak Latin to them since? I av decided to keep calling till date of travel.

Tanx
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by quin9(f): 1:33am On Oct 19, 2016
bissiejoe:

Thanks.....seen

As for lagos it's not mon - fri as but only Mon/Tues,DH was there on fri and was told so,so it was done today and parcel is already on the way to me,also you don't need to print the form it would be given to you at the embassy.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Austine2020: 1:51am On Oct 19, 2016
favored247:

And Procedures Part 4 by favored247: 6:38pm

U wouldn't have any problem on your Renewal since u were asked about it during your interview and u said yes,Moreover u have used it twice for Child birth and have no issues on your POE. Also this is not your first US Visa. So i think u are OK,just make sure your payment receipts and zero balance letters from both births are ok,then u are good to go whenever u apply for renewal via Dropbox and they called u for interview,thats if they will even call u for interview,because i have seen here on this forum a lot of people that gave birth in the US and still renew via Dropbox without being called for interview.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by TripleKMama: 7:40am On Oct 19, 2016
Emirates & Kenya Airways suspend Abuja operations indefinitely. Nawa o! It is well. Wot of people dat already traveled outbound?
BA, Ayam warning you now oh. Be still grin

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by DFJ12: 7:55am On Oct 19, 2016
Good morning house, God bless us all,pls want to find out method of payment at travelex? Both lagos or abj?
Thank you as I await ur response.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Niksie: 8:46am On Oct 19, 2016
LOL are you trying to do the consent form before the baby arrives?
bissiejoe:
Hello house,
Though this may sound funny, has anyone omitted the date of birth of the minor on the the consent form and got same notarized at the embassy.
Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by geojay: 8:47am On Oct 19, 2016
Good morning lovely people, am getting furstrated here oo, infact its like i wnat to give up on this america baby thing ojare, dollar is not smilling, to get accomodation in houston is killing with all this thousand thousand billings, abeg, oyinbo needs to upgrade and create 3D abi na 3D house jare, make i just copy my house and print it out and live anywhere i go, abi, what is now going to happen now, save a soul oo, abeg, considerate accomodation needed in houston. Wont mind to share.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (386) (387) (388) (389) (390) (391) (392) ... (405)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / Polish Student Visa / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.