Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,602 members, 7,820,153 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:35 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 - Travel (78) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (900874 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by mismarshal(f): 7:01am On May 04, 2016
It's usually issued as B1/B2. But I selected B2 specifically because I wanted it to be clear I was travelling on medical grounds. I also stated the name of my hospital on the DS160 form.

Maybe I had "liver" because I had paid my bills earlier this year and I was ready for an interview with a lot of supporting documents if I was called.

quote author=Mumtwins2 post=45289133]
Thank you so much for your earlier response .... Does B1/B2 not cover Medicaid as well ? I just want to be sure [/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by mulberry: 7:05am On May 04, 2016
And God did it for me.... It's a BOY!

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by mismarshal(f): 7:20am On May 04, 2016
Congratulations! God bless your and your LO.

mulberry:
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Dabira19: 7:22am On May 04, 2016
mulberry:

Congrats newest mum. God bless him n strengthen u as well.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by XX01(f): 7:32am On May 04, 2016
mulberry:

Awww. Congratulations.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by XX01(f): 7:35am On May 04, 2016
Varvara:
Also I got informtaion from Baylor Medical Center at Carrollton.

And very soon I will try to discover prices for that doctors.

Hi. How did you get through to them. Which email address did you use?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by LadyGuinivere: 7:39am On May 04, 2016
JADESOLA15:

Madam, you are absolutely right, I guess they are not convinced that people can funderstand birthing with this dollar wahala.

Though it is painful for me and you family, but I'm not bothered, also happy that wifey took the situation very well. We are forging on.

At times, you feel when you say the truth, it gets you into trouble, which is the case here, if mum had said vacation this wouldn't have happened. But what if we were turned back at POE? But God knows.

Even though she said we can reapply anytime, but I'm not interested. Let me go and convert our already saved USD at zone 4 for another use.

When you lied and you are caught, it is not painful, but when you say the truth and they said you lie, it is seriously painful and hurting. Wisdom is profitable to direct.

Thanks LadyGuinivere for sharing my story. Let people learn too.

Cheers

No vex ehh. But na my obsessive compulsive nature. I like to find a solution to every ish.
Which date did u pick as travel date?
Did u go with an ultrasound scan?
Read Pioot's story and reapply as long as u didn't misrepresent and go with every supporting docx you can. Another VO may actually consider listening. Even if u don't use it to birth, clear your name now the hammer is still hot.
Unless they now just like to chop our visa fees

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by babyokujide(f): 8:12am On May 04, 2016
mulberry:

Congrats! God bless n keep him. Amin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Mumtwins2: 8:44am On May 04, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

No vex ehh. But na my obsessive compulsive nature. I like to find a solution to every ish.
Which date did u pick as travel date?
Did u go with an ultrasound scan?
Read Pioot's story and reapply as long as u didn't misrepresent and go with every supporting docx you can. Another VO may actually consider listening. Even if u don't use it to birth, clear your name now the hammer is still hot.
Unless they now just like to chop our visa fees
Good morning mam sorry I hijacked your post .... I don't know how to start a fresh post mentioning you .... Please I want to ask a question ... I renewed my last 2 years visa in uk in 2014 .... I have a Nigerian passport ... Do I qualify for drop box? I will be happy to recive a reply . Thanks a lot
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Varvara: 8:45am On May 04, 2016
Guys! Is anybody going to deliver in San Diego or may be had experience there?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Mumtwins2: 8:45am On May 04, 2016
mismarshal:
It's usually issued as B1/B2. But I selected B2 specifically because I wanted it to be clear I was travelling on medical grounds. I also stated the name of my hospital on the DS160 form.

Maybe I had "liver" because I had paid my bills earlier this year and I was ready for an interview with a lot of supporting documents if I was called.
Thank you a lot .....
quote author=Mumtwins2 post=45289133]
Thank you so much for your earlier response .... Does B1/B2 not cover Medicaid as well ? I just want to be sure
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by LadyGuinivere: 9:07am On May 04, 2016
Mumtwins2:
Good morning mam sorry I hijacked your post .... I don't know how to start a fresh post mentioning you .... Please I want to ask a question ... I renewed my last 2 years visa in uk in 2014 .... I have a Nigerian passport ... Do I qualify for drop box? I will be happy to recive a reply . Thanks a lot
Yes
You can also verify by calling the embassy helpdesk.
And by following the prompt when you are booking appointment or checking the website. The criteria for dropbox is there
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ozycy: 9:10am On May 04, 2016
mulberry:
Congratulations, welcome BBB
Quick recovery to you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by nefertitiram: 10:40am On May 04, 2016
ozycy:
Those VO will be seeing so much on daily basis.
Very soon, US embassy will remove B2 tourism/ medical and change it to
B2 tourism
B3 medical
And note:, if you didn't obtain obtain a medical visa, you must not use any other category of visa for medical. If you need to travel for medical, you have to reapply even if you have an existing visa that is not for medical purpose. #justmyimagination# lol

Just like UK

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by firsttymum(f): 10:44am On May 04, 2016
mulberry:
congratulations darling
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by feddy27: 11:00am On May 04, 2016
Mumtwins2:

Yes you can renew via dropbox. My previous visa was issued in London and I renewed via dropbox at Abuja.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by passionantchica: 11:01am On May 04, 2016
I got the same response as you did. It's an auto-response, so I guess you will still get a reply from them later.

I sent mine twice and got only the auto-response, didn't get any other reply before leaving Naija(sent it 2 days before my departure) so I just printed out my e-mail to them.

temmyo:
mummies and daddies please help. I sent an email to lagos NIV for the notification of Intent thing. But I got an auto response with FAQs which is different from the responses I've seen on this forum.

is this normal? will I still get the response most mom's here got?

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by shithapuns: 11:09am On May 04, 2016
Hello house...
anybody succeeded with stanbic bank as per pta this wk?......
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by simababe(f): 11:10am On May 04, 2016
Congrats mulberry
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by passionantchica: 11:18am On May 04, 2016
Congrats mulberry!!!!
God bless your little prince. He will bring joy and laughter to your home all has days.
mulberry:
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by passionantchica: 11:23am On May 04, 2016
So I finally reached my destination- ATL about 7 hours ago.
I was so fagged out when I arrived, thanks to the Isrealite's Arab's waka I did with Qatar. That trip ain't no joke man!

My POE was Miami, will give my full gist in a bit.

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nnystc: 11:33am On May 04, 2016
passionantchica:
So I finally reached my destination- ATL about 7 hours ago.
I was so fagged out when I arrived, thanks to the Isrealite's Arab's waka I did with Qatar. That trip ain't no joke man!

My POE was Miami, will give my full gist in a bit.

@Passionantchica
Welcome Chica!

Hmmmm.... remember my joke about waka-ing pass Qatar because of looooooooooong journey? grin cheesy grin cheesy
But the bottomline is that you did it nah... And here you are in Yankee without a scratch wink
Abeg rest well and give your testimony. So that babes can know whether to reconsider.

Chop knuckle jor... Nothing do you!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nnystc: 11:38am On May 04, 2016
mulberry:

@Mulberry
Congrats Mama.

This one is the proverbial "Babatunde". smiley
(I recall you said your dad passed some weeks before you left Naija...?)

It is well with you and LO! More grace and favour!

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by nupital: 11:47am On May 04, 2016
Hello everyone..

I want to use this opportunity to thank everyone on this thread.

Particularly @Firsttymum @Favoredgal @ladyguinivere @Omodadi @nobody @Vamum @evemama @kemmytinio @happytbaby @vcole @twingirls .You guys have been tremendously helpful. My wife and her mom attended their visa interviews together yesterday at the Lagos embassy and were successful.

(The queue at the embassy was extremely long....seems everyone wants to leave the country...we were there at 7.30 am even though their time wasn't till 9am so we had to wait for a while) (their entire interview was for about 4 mins...VO spent a lot of time typing)

In the spirit of giving back, here's the transcript below:

DW: pointing to mom and saying "we are together "
VO: how are you related?
DW: she is my mom
VO: please pass your passports.... (while receiving the passports) how old are you (VO asked DW)
DW: xx years
VO: Where in the US would you be travelling to?
DW: Houston, Texas
VO: what is the purpose of your travelling?
DW: to have my baby and vacation
VO: (to mum) ma'am what do you do?
MUM: I am into trading..(states what she trades in)
VO: (to DW) where do you work?
DW: I work at xxxxx
VO: How much are you budgeting for the trip?
DW: Between 12k to 15k USD depending on whether it is VD or CS
VO: have you made any deposits?
DW: No we haven't. Doctor said there is no need to until we arrive for our appointment
VO: how do you intend paying for your bills?
DW: my mom and I intend to source for PTA, would use Form A where we can and then source the rest from the parallel market if need be
VO: have you travelled outside Nigeria before?
DW: Tanzania for honeymoon with hubby last year and neighbouring rep of Benin and Ghana.
VO: (Types...................types....) okay, at this point your visa has been approved.

Issues the almighty white paper and circles the address for pick up....gives advice on how we need to get enough funds to prove at the US border that we can sufficiently pay the bills........etc etc.....advises that we also keep all receipt of payments well.... (at that point DW mind don dey board plane and was dancing around in her head)

VO: so you both have a good day and they replied with all gladness

P.S - The particular VO that interviewed them got annoyed and was screaming at a lady before they called them to the VO's cubicle. But we thank the Lord that he touched her heart.

Nupital

17 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by XX01(f): 12:06pm On May 04, 2016
Varvara:
This guy answered me by Jeri.Turner@bswhealth.org
And I send message through online from directly from website

Thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by temmyo: 12:07pm On May 04, 2016
passionantchica:
I got the same response as you did. It's an auto-response, so I guess you will still get a reply from them later.

I sent mine twice and got only the auto-response, didn't get any other reply before leaving Naija(sent it 2 days before my departure) so I just printed out my e-mail to them.

thank you very much.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ozycy: 12:36pm On May 04, 2016
nupital:
Hello everyone..
(The queue at the embassy was extremely long....seems everyone wants to leave the country..

(at that point DW mind don dey board plane and was dancing around in her head)

The bolded got me grin
Congratulations, you did your homework well.

My friend that went to the embassy was last week was denied. Guess she didn't do her homework well.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Iwanawana: 12:38pm On May 04, 2016
Congrats to all d new mamas in the house. And to expecting mothers, I wish you safe deliveryooo. So visa few has increased by 320naira sha. Its now 31, 520naira. Confirmed it this morning. Una welldone.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Mumtwins2: 12:45pm On May 04, 2016
feddy27:

Yes you can renew via dropbox. My previous visa was issued in London and I renewed via dropbox at Abuja.

Called them .... They said I can't .... That my last visa wasn't issued in Nigeria . That I should apply for expedited interview .... So confused .... The next available appointment is June 3... And I intended traveling June 5. I picked it anyway and I plan to apply for the expedited interview ... Hopefully they approve it .
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by cheldas: 12:49pm On May 04, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

See? That's the ish. I'm trying very hard and vaguely remember your transcript. If the details in your previous and recent ds 160 differ then the vo obviously will distrust all your info.
You are expecting twins. Your wife truly and actually needs help. That's a valid reason for both of you to apply together.
On the other hand, you have the baggage of your past added to her.
Now, without knowing what your ties are, I can't really weigh which is better now. To apply alone or together (so as to use each other as ties)
With the limited info I have, I'm of the opinion both of you should aPply together. But you have to come clean and acknowlegde your misrepresentation. There's a column that asks if you have ever tried to enter into the us via misrepresentation or fraud. U should tick yes.and explain.
My opinion is based upon the fact that you guys need to tackle this together and now cos if peraventure madm gets , it will be harder for you to get.
Do you have other kids that u can use as a home tie?

@ LadyG
@ All
No we don't have other kids. This is our first fruits. My wife has a studio of her own and I have a small Ltd company of mine with 2 branches in major cities in west. Also, I'm currently a 400 student of NOUN. My wife is renewing her P anytime this month an we want to fire asap.
What's your on this abeg ooooo
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by LadyGuinivere: 12:49pm On May 04, 2016
Iwanawana:
Congrats to all d new mamas in the house. And to expecting mothers, I wish you safe deliveryooo. So visa few has increased by 320naira sha. Its now 31, 520naira. Confirmed it this morning. Una welldone.
I had a feeling it was gonna increas na e I quick go renew before it expire. I feel if dollar dosent go down, it will still go up. God save us.
Congrats Nupital!
Congrats Mulberry on ur BBB

(1) (2) (3) ... (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) ... (405)

Polish Student Visa / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / Travelling To Canada Part 11

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.