Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,442 members, 7,812,323 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:38 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 - Travel (88) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (898734 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by cutie333: 4:36pm On May 07, 2016
larrytoks:

Hiya! Travelling in June as well and due in July. We should jam in Atlanta. By the way, how did you get account details of the hospital?
I've preregistered online and as advised by Ify4charm but just got an auto reply mail, nothing else since then. I've also called the preregistration and financial counselling departments severally but no one ever picks.
What else can I do please?

Hi larrytoks, send a mail to Rita.davis@northside.com. she is d financial counselor am sure she will respond. You can also call her on 404-300-2982.
Regards.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by sugah: 4:40pm On May 07, 2016
Querylady24:

No, had someone to go and make the payment for me.

Ok, thank you cry
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by happytbaby: 5:48pm On May 07, 2016
Someone sent me a PM, please note that you have to follow me. Please follow me and then resend
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Spakuls: 5:52pm On May 07, 2016
Una good evening,
First time posting on NL,God bless everyone that has contributed to this forum,have learnt a lot and saved a lot of information for the future as I never born pikin (just engaged).But singing it to the Mr that I'd rather give birth to a child with BLUE Kpali than have a talk of the village wedding grin#mytwokobo.
Read this thread from part 1 to 4,munching away and taking notes...God Bless all the mothers in the house...and those about to travel safe trip and successful POEs..

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by newmomma2be: 6:27pm On May 07, 2016
[quote author=cutie333 post=45402810][/quote]

Thank you. I have already filled an account opening form to submit on Monday. I hope they honour my form A request.

Thanks once again.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by wunmi38: 6:27pm On May 07, 2016
Good day all
I need an urgent help a friends wife will be traveling to Elpaso may month end and in need of accommodation for child birth for a month please all experience mum in d house please ur help needed urgently. Thank you as you provide the necessary and usual useful information
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by biollar1: 6:29pm On May 07, 2016
Lmao! See as I laugh for here cheesy u r just something.

The highlighted gat mi rolling....u for face AC o cheesy

As per ladyguinivere...u think say na small thing make me carry her matter for head when one lady funto wan mess with am? Gat mad respect for her, not sure i can ever get her kinda patience, no be say Nairaland dey pay her na...so she's not obligated to answer anybody. Na why I dey call am mi rolesmodel be that.

You are one funny preggie dou ...can't get ur words outta mi head.

Nnystc:
wink grin shocked
Even plus including Empire and Game of thrones and OITNB...

Dear Lady G,
I don't know you from H'adam, not to talk of H'eve. But since its Saturday morning, and I have free time (no office work pursuing someborry, and a few minutes till the kids wake up and pile into my peaceful room... and wake up my sleeping foetus!)...

I say make I hail you oh! The way you dey take time respond to almost all posts here na wah o! Even the questions that a patient person will see and go "Negodu!...mtchewww" shocked , you will take time and respond, even if only to tell the enquirer to look well, or think it through!

I was even asking myself the other day when I saw your response on one question ... abi she get speech-to-text on her phone? Nor be the same finger-typing all of us dey use? grin

Anyway, I have come to conclude that its just you, wanting to guide, wanting to share, wanting to change the Naija mindset of thinking that nothing can sail through unless you sprinkle in a little lie or dishonesty, and passionate about it too (Even though our people nor dey like read sha, even where expo full ground!).

And so I salute you and the others who take time to respond to questions, and guide, encourage and set the records straight... So may God grant your brains and fingers extra anointing, and your patience extra elasticity in Jesus Name. Keep doing what y'all do.
These threads (1-4) are God-sent and DO help, and yours (and others) sage advise contributes wella... (Even me wey don go 2 times for this journey, I still dey learn something!)

And now, let me put in my own questions... Nor laugh me o...

- What are my chances of being approved for a visa if I book a Saturday or Sunday interview?
- Why are Houston and Chicago troublesome POEs? What are my chances of scaling through them if I carry biology textbook along...?
- How should I greet CBP at POE? Should I say Gd morning, or Hi or Otutu Oma?
- If I want twin boys should my head face window or door when meeting my hubby?
- Should I wear dress or trouser when travelling to US for the first time?
-...... grin grin grin grin grin

Make I stop here. I can already hear the kids coming in 5-4-3-2-1.....

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by biollar1: 6:34pm On May 07, 2016
Chai! Dis woman Biko no kee me o cheesy

Had to quickly look at ur moniker again ...I was like how did she know my belle long? Tot u knew me one on one for a min dere.

As per the $ savings ehn...I can so relate to that.

It is well dear.

Btw...which hospital and state do u intend to birth? I'm Houston bound.

Nnystc:
my sister,
Dem nor dey tell person oh! I'm already seeing like 2-2.5k savings btw hospital and doc eeeh...
On top this PTA Vs black market wahala.

I don port remain... Monday morning make I begin make calls...

Any savings now na jackpot!

BTW, travelling in 2 weeks too.. we fit block for MMA... I will jus' keep my eye open for woman with long stomach grin grin grin

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by biollar1: 6:42pm On May 07, 2016
Lmao Lady G na albino u want make Nnystc born be that o

LadyGuinivere:

Hahahahaha! No kee me o! The fact that u watch emire de terr me say u be correct someborri cheesy
#inpepesticovoice mbok thank ya thank ya! It is good when at least one peson understands the mission even thou e be like mission impossible. God bless us all o!
I only know the answer for twins.
Do the kpekus by 12 in the afternoon /high noon. Off all the ac and fan. Close the windoow. Na the heat go make the somethingto split! grin Mo na lie? cheesy
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nnystc: 6:58pm On May 07, 2016
Long-belle biollar1
Im Cali bound o.

biollar1:

Had to quickly look at ur moniker again ...I was like how did she know my belle long? Tot u knew me one on one for a min dere.

It is well dear.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Omodadi2: 6:59pm On May 07, 2016
biollar1:

It is well dear.

You mean she doesn't know you? She must must be arinran o to know u gat long belle
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by happytbaby: 7:10pm On May 07, 2016
Cali bound! sharp sharp, just like that?

Cali too is far o, se your bobo don agree?

Nnystc:
Long-belle biollar1
Im Cali bound o.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by biollar1: 7:30pm On May 07, 2016
Cali lohun lohun? Chai! Things we do for our kids ehn

God will kuku bless them for us

Nnystc:
Long-belle biollar1
Im Cali bound o.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by biollar1: 7:35pm On May 07, 2016
Lol...arinran ko...ariese ni.

Awayu and my LO?

Omodadi2:

You mean she doesn't know you? She must must be arinran o to know u gat long belle
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ozycy: 7:44pm On May 07, 2016
Nnystc, you are just a clown aswear

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Obikada: 8:32pm On May 07, 2016
Good evening.. This is my first post here.

Have been a silent follower and I must say I have gathered useful information so far.

I have a few concerns and would need sincere advice.

I applied for my b1/b2 visa for the first time in August 2015 and was denied.

I reapplied again in December 2015 to go spend the Christmas in Philadelphia. I had my interview on the 12th of December and was granted. I was asked to pick up in a few working days which I did. I didn't go for the Christmas holiday as my relative I was supposed to stay with was spending the Christmas in Nigeria.

I discovered I was pregnant early January of 2016. I sincerely had no idea a baby was forming in my tummy at the time of he interview. I have since used the visa for a holiday in February of this year.

My husband and I have since decided to birth our child in Philadelphia. My concerns are thus;

1. Do I still write to the embassy to notify them of my decision even though I have already gone on a holiday with the visa?
2. I have not been been able to get a doctors appointment but I have correspondence with the hospital financial advisor, as the hospital I'm using (Delaware county memorial hospital Philadelphia) requires full payment before a doctor's appointment can be fixed
3. The financial advisor said I can pay when I get in to the states ( which I plan to do since that option is available and I want to be sure I have entered so I don't dash them my money) Is the hospital correspondence enough to show at the POE with proof of capability to pay my bills

I plan to travel in the second week of June at about 27weeks

Please kind and sincere responses would be appreciated. Bless!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by comfortina: 8:52pm On May 07, 2016
Hello All,

Please I need information on accommodation in Houston, close to oakbend. I've heard a lot about intown suites, but which of them is closest to oakbend and how close? Also whats the cost like and how do i get a booking?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by feddy27: 9:01pm On May 07, 2016
Biollar1, babes are not smiling mehn...lol

Me too, I am Cali bound now tongue

Everybody dey laff me 4 house, I don't care jor...

Najalady86, our stories re d same o, u re my ginger in dis move grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nnystc: 10:20pm On May 07, 2016
Bobo don gree nah... Evidenced by the flight ticket cooling down in my mailbox.
The place far but na my hood be dat... I nor get choice...

happytbaby:
Cali bound! sharp sharp, just like that?

Cali too is far o, se your bobo don agree?

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nnystc: 10:23pm On May 07, 2016
Amen!

biollar1:

Cali lohun lohun? Chai! Things we do for our kids ehn

God will kuku bless them for us

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ayanuke: 10:32pm On May 07, 2016
cutelass:
Thank u Nathz45, theleakytribe, lawyer123, omodadi2, simababe, Nnystc, biollar1, LadyG, Egonne1, ChicMalkia, Ajuju2, Harjeehbaday.

For some reason, the bp came to normal when my naija consultant checked himself 3 days b4 my travel cos I was told if he took the reading himself and it was high, he wld order an emergency c-section.

The day I was discharged from St Francis, the dr told me I was inches away from having a seizure...and that when seizure occurs...placenta abrupts and cuts off oxygen supply to the baby. Baby neva makes it and for the life of mother...it's a 50-50 thing (had to be placed on oxygen at some point before I delivered).

Awesome testimony. God is indeed great. Congratulations mama.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by njidekachi: 10:34pm On May 07, 2016
Abeg can someone share accomadation details too. Quite tempting

cutelass:

U may really need to port ooo cos even my aunty whose children all deliver at that 'C' hospital with that other Mb doctor confirmed st Francis had better services. She cldnt believe the cost in relation to services rendered. Said in that 'C' hospital, u had to share a room with another patient in post-partum but st Francis has private post-partum rooms.

Also when I saw the doctor few days ago (follow-up visit to check if bp had normalized), he asked if I had any extra bills...I said yes $900, he said I wld hav paid 1600 for extra day at that 'C' hospital (u knw h delivers there also). His assistant said 'for thesame service' and he said st Francis is newer and their nurses are more efficient or something like dat...can't remember his exact word...just compare shaa...meanwhile, how much does that other dr. M charge?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by julzz(f): 10:35pm On May 07, 2016
wunmi38:
Good day all
I need an urgent help a friends wife will be traveling to Elpaso may month end and in need of accommodation for child birth for a month please all experience mum in d house please ur help needed urgently. Thank you as you provide the necessary and usual useful information

Book intown suites, there are alot of naija momma's there.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by biollar1: 10:42pm On May 07, 2016
Ahan...chai! So have decided to deliberately leave me in the lurch Abi? Not fair o

Till yesterday....i knw hospital wey me and u still dey exchange talks about o

cheesy see as u quickly change ur mind to cali cheesy

feddy27:
Biollar1, babes are not smiling mehn...lol

Me too, I am Cali bound now tongue

Everybody dey laff me 4 house, I don't care jor...

Najalady86, our stories re d same o, u re my ginger in dis move grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by biollar1: 10:44pm On May 07, 2016
Lol at quite tempting. U pple won't kee me on dis thread.

njidekachi:
Abeg can someone share accomadation details too. Quite tempting

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by MadameU: 10:46pm On May 07, 2016
I forgot to tell Cutelass congratulations. Sister your favour is sure. I beg enjoy your time in Yankee o. No need to rush too much chillax . kisses to your LO

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by merrymum: 11:07pm On May 07, 2016
swappylove:

Hi merrymum,
Pls when u went to the dallas passport agency did u have to show your baby's ticket to nigeria or your own

Sorry I'm just seeingt this. I showed the baby's ticket.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by evemama: 11:21pm On May 07, 2016
Congrats this is a big testimony, I will soon follow suit to share this miracle! God bless u and ur lo greatly. Enjoy.

quote author=cutelass post=45384936]Guess I've rested enough. Here's my story. About 10 days before my travel date, swelling on my legs which had always been minimal increased so much. Even after raising the legs up at night, the moment my feet touches ground in the morning the swelling returns. 3 days before my travel, I used the home bp monitor to check my bp and it was ranging btw 140/80 and 145/85. I immediately drove to hospital. Nurse on duty checked with the manual bp monitor and another young dr checked and it was still high. They had to call my consultant. He ordered they check my urine for protein and nothing came up...he eventually came himself, checked the bp and said it

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by merrymum: 11:39pm On May 07, 2016
cutelass:
Guess I've rested enough. Here's my story. About 10 days before my travel date, swelling on my legs which had always been minimal increased so much. Even after raising the legs up at night, the moment my feet touches ground in th

Since baby came early, wanted to shift my date but United wants an arm and a leg just to change date...I'm chilling (mum is here with me, hubby is coming, wonderful host...no need to run home)

Wow! All I can say is: Thank You God for your infinite mercies upon your children! Congratulations cutelass.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by luckyman23: 12:00am On May 08, 2016
Please where did you get PTA and which flights are cheaper to cali

(1) (2) (3) ... (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) ... (405)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Polish Student Visa / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.