Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,869 members, 7,817,567 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:32 PM

Ntel Unveils Rollout Plan, Begins Commercial Sales Of 0804 Lines April 8 - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Ntel Unveils Rollout Plan, Begins Commercial Sales Of 0804 Lines April 8 (42161 Views)

NTEL Begins With Free Unlimited Data For 3 Months / Ntel Begins Operation In Abuja, Lagos / Ntel Makes First Volte Call In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ntel Unveils Rollout Plan, Begins Commercial Sales Of 0804 Lines April 8 by itunity007(m): 5:22pm On Apr 01, 2016
make i buy land jt incas
Re: Ntel Unveils Rollout Plan, Begins Commercial Sales Of 0804 Lines April 8 by harmbhrosz(m): 5:28pm On Apr 01, 2016
slinkman:
thanks for this bro!!ignore them.. Some in experienced Nigerians would come along snd always try to find a way and justify their very own sufferings and _stupidity
I don't even understand the guy, is he defending our network providers or wat

4 Likes

Re: Ntel Unveils Rollout Plan, Begins Commercial Sales Of 0804 Lines April 8 by krall69: 5:28pm On Apr 01, 2016
@ greenhulk. Life network in ukraine offers unlimited internet.

2 Likes

Re: Ntel Unveils Rollout Plan, Begins Commercial Sales Of 0804 Lines April 8 by harmbhrosz(m): 5:29pm On Apr 01, 2016
krall69:
thanks jare bros

1 Like

Re: Ntel Unveils Rollout Plan, Begins Commercial Sales Of 0804 Lines April 8 by Nobody: 5:43pm On Apr 01, 2016
harmbhrosz:
and did u see the below screenshots

They are all tariff plans

And are u expecting all their tariffs to be on their website? Just like our telecommunications firms here do they av all their tariffs on their website?

I told u I have someone over there, we do discuss this same issues often n u r here arguing blindly

Buses
Trains
Malls
shops
Residents all have free WiFi or do u think its that expensive like u said n all the above mentioned places n motors were able to afford it unlimitedly

She doesn't sub for SMS nor call but data, not on a modem but on iPhone n its fckkn unlimited

By the way since when did the utility of my phone requires ur decision

Bros abeg do normal o before I open eye for u

The picture u attached still showed that it is capped.
Re: Ntel Unveils Rollout Plan, Begins Commercial Sales Of 0804 Lines April 8 by Nobody: 5:44pm On Apr 01, 2016
krall69:

At what price and at what speed? Definitely not 4g LTE
Re: Ntel Unveils Rollout Plan, Begins Commercial Sales Of 0804 Lines April 8 by Nobody: 5:47pm On Apr 01, 2016
harmbhrosz:
I don't even understand the guy, is he defending our network providers or wat

I'm not defending anyone. If u check my previous posts I said unlimited wireless is possible but it depends on the speed. U can't have a speed of 21mbps wireless lte unlimited for peanuts. It is possible on wired network but not gsm.
Re: Ntel Unveils Rollout Plan, Begins Commercial Sales Of 0804 Lines April 8 by Nobody: 5:50pm On Apr 01, 2016
slinkman:
thanks for this bro!!ignore them.. Some in experienced Nigerians would come along snd always try to find a way and justify their very own sufferings and _stupidity

Dude u can say anything u like, the fact still remains the guy lied. The data is capped at 4gb as shown in the picture below. And the speed is just 3g and not LTE.

1 Like

Re: Ntel Unveils Rollout Plan, Begins Commercial Sales Of 0804 Lines April 8 by krall69: 5:54pm On Apr 01, 2016
greenhulk:

At what price and at what speed? Definitely not 4g LTE
sorry i dont have details. Its 3g speed but according to what i was told, its cheaper than 2500. And also that was like 3 yrs ago.
Re: Ntel Unveils Rollout Plan, Begins Commercial Sales Of 0804 Lines April 8 by Nobody: 5:59pm On Apr 01, 2016
M
jmichlins:
To all guys converting $ to # directly forgeting the IPC of each country differs thereby making the spending power of the citizens greater. An average american makes $50k/year making the country more costly to live in when compared to nigeria. $10 can feed an average nigeria family a night but may not be enough to buy burger over there. Minimum wage here is #18k but when converted is less that $70 which can be 2hours of labor there(not sure). Having said that, data purchase plan there is very cheap to them with the goodies that comes with it like unlimited texting and calls. Before you can speak about data being cheap or costly abroad when compared to nigeria check their IPC

U have a valid point. If I mention prices of services in other countries it is just for reference purposes. I don't expect us to buy fuel the equivalent of what Americans pay (na die be that). I don't expect us to rent house or pay for electricity the same thing they pay in the USA, then only a few can afford it. But Ukraine and Nigeria are not too far apart in terms of economy.

Re: Ntel Unveils Rollout Plan, Begins Commercial Sales Of 0804 Lines April 8 by Nobody: 6:01pm On Apr 01, 2016
krall69:
sorry i dont have details. Its 3g speed but according to what i was told, its cheaper than 2500. And also that was like 3 yrs ago.

That's my point. A lot can change in 3 years, and till date lifecell still don't have LTE.
Re: Ntel Unveils Rollout Plan, Begins Commercial Sales Of 0804 Lines April 8 by jmichlins(m): 6:22pm On Apr 01, 2016
greenhulk:
M

U have a valid point. If I mention prices of services in other countries it is just for reference purposes. I don't expect us to buy fuel the equivalent of what Americans pay (na die be that). I don't expect us to rent house or pay for electricity the same thing they pay in the USA, then only a few can afford it. But Ukraine and Nigeria are not too far apart in terms of economy.
talking about ukraine, these guys enjoy the bulk of european billion euroes which countries like germany and united kingdom pay for. Can you imagine that european union is pushing for a free roaming calls and data for all member state. Ukraine also enjoyed the development brought about by the old soviet union as you know every infrastructure built then is still theirs to use both power and everything you can imagine

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ntel Unveils Rollout Plan, Begins Commercial Sales Of 0804 Lines April 8 by ilevic(m): 6:47pm On Apr 01, 2016
morikee:
ntel, the newest entrant into the telecommunications space, has unveiled plans for the first phase rollout of its commercial services to the public.

Its Chief Executive Officer, Mr. Kamar Abass, while announcing the rollout plan in Lagos yesterday, said ntel would begin the first phase rollout with the commercial sales of its 0804 mobile line on April 8 in Lagos and Abuja.

He said although the company acquired some base transceiver stations (BTS) from the old NITEL, it also entered partnership agreement with IHS and Helios Towers, builders of BTS and other telecoms infrastructure, to roll out 600 base stations for the commercial rollout in Lagos and Abuja, with plans to extend the rollout plan to Port Harcourt with additional 200 BTS, also known as base stations.

According to Abass, the Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC), the telecommunications industry regulator, has approved all licence authorisations necessary for ntel to launch its Voice over LTE (VoLTE) network using next generation telecommunications infrastructure for its first phase rollout in April.
He said ntel had deployed 200 kilometres of metro fibre optic transmission cables in Lagos, Abuja and Port Harcourt, for seamless network connectivity during the rollout.

The CEO of ntel also added that ntel had deployed LTE Advanced, the latest 4G technology with multi-antennae sites.

“We are rolling out physical sites in three cities on our 900MHz and 1800MHz bands to launch Voice over LTE come April 8, 2016. We have signed agreements with trade partners and fulfilled all licence authorisations and payments and we are up-to-date and there are no impediments to our launch,” he said.

Abass said Natcoms Investments Limited, the parent company of ntel has projected over $1 billion investments over the next four years, for its rollout plan, which he said, would be in phases.

To ensure smooth take off of its mobile network rollout plan, ntel has completed the construction of Tier III Datacentre as well as reactivation of SAT-3 submarine international fibre optic cable.

Natcoms had last year paid $252.52 million to acquire the assets of the defunct first national operator (NITEL), to begin commercial operation on its mobile network. Noting that despite the growth of the telecoms sector in Nigeria which has seen voice subscriptions rise from less than 60,000 in 2001 to over 147 million as at 2015, he expressed fears that broadband usage has only grown by 20 per cent. He said NATCOM has come to fill the gap bringing Nigerians unfettered access to full mobile broadband both on voice and data services.

“Over the next four and half years, the total number of mobile broadband customers alone will be greater than all of the customers that have come into the market on mobile since its inception. In other words, we are at a point where a major transformation is in the making. You will see 168 million mobile broadband customers coming into existence between now and the end of 2019, which is more than all the mobile customers in both narrow and broadband that we have seen in the last 15 years.”

“That sounds like an enormous transformation. When it comes to the supply of broadband services, we are unique because we have more spectrum which can deliver more output than any network available today and potentially any network in the future. The spectrum we have has unique features which can not be compared with any other spectrum band,” Abass said.

source: http://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2016/04/01/ntel-unveils-rollout-plan-begins-commercial-sales-of-0804-lines-april-8/

Can ntel employ me? I need a job pls
Re: Ntel Unveils Rollout Plan, Begins Commercial Sales Of 0804 Lines April 8 by dustmalik: 8:05pm On Apr 01, 2016
I don't know much about mobile data plans in the Ukraine. But Ukraine is known to have some of the cheapest wired connections in the world. I have a friend who, for $10/month, his ISP gives him unlimited data, with a downlink speed of 100mb/s, plus one dedicated IP address, and some other perks. Similar wired plans in US and Canada cost over $100/month.

3 Likes

Re: Ntel Unveils Rollout Plan, Begins Commercial Sales Of 0804 Lines April 8 by harmbhrosz(m): 11:40pm On Apr 01, 2016
greenhulk:
M

not too far apart me,
Can't u see the difference in the national income?

So what makes u think we don't deserve better?

1 Like

Re: Ntel Unveils Rollout Plan, Begins Commercial Sales Of 0804 Lines April 8 by harmbhrosz(m): 11:41pm On Apr 01, 2016
dustmalik:
I don't know much about mobile data plans in the Ukraine. But Ukraine is known to have some of the cheapest wired connections in the world. I have a friend who, for $10/month, his ISP gives him unlimited data, with a downlink speed of 100mb/s, plus one dedicated IP address, and some other perks. Similar wired plans in US and Canada cost over $100/month.
imagine cry
Re: Ntel Unveils Rollout Plan, Begins Commercial Sales Of 0804 Lines April 8 by harmbhrosz(m): 11:43pm On Apr 01, 2016
jmichlins:
talking about ukraine, these guys enjoy the bulk of european billion euroes which countries like germany and united kingdom pay for. Can you imagine that european union is pushing for a free roaming calls and data for all member state. Ukraine also enjoyed the development brought about by the old soviet union as you know every infrastructure built then is still theirs to use both power and everything you can imagine
Then Africa should wake up na.

Oh I forgot we don't even have our own currency yet cry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ntel Unveils Rollout Plan, Begins Commercial Sales Of 0804 Lines April 8 by Nobody: 11:51pm On Apr 01, 2016
harmbhrosz:
not too far apart me,
Can't u see the difference in the national income?

So what makes u think we don't deserve better?

I did not in anywhere say we don't deserve better.
Re: Ntel Unveils Rollout Plan, Begins Commercial Sales Of 0804 Lines April 8 by harmbhrosz(m): 12:08am On Apr 02, 2016
greenhulk:

I did not in anywhere say we don't deserve better.
seriously bro?
That was what your first post on this thread looked like

U can go back to reading what you posted yourself

According to the life cell data plan on my screenshot

8gb only costs $5.758 which 1151.6 in naira like seriously + unlimited calls to d same network + 1500 SMS

Hmmmmm I just dey laugh

4 Likes

Re: Ntel Unveils Rollout Plan, Begins Commercial Sales Of 0804 Lines April 8 by Nobody: 1:46am On Apr 02, 2016
harmbhrosz:
seriously bro?
That was what your first post on this thread looked like

U can go back to reading what you posted yourself

According to the life cell data plan on my screenshot

8gb only costs $5.758 which 1151.6 in naira like seriously + unlimited calls to d same network + 1500 SMS

Hmmmmm I just dey laugh

Bros don't mis quote me. First ask urself, does life cell Ukraine offer 4g LTE? They don't even offer 3.5G (HSDPA) that MTN, etisalat, glo and airtel offer here. What they have is a measnly 3g with an average speed of 400kbps. It will take u forever to exhaust 8gb of data with that speed. This is just likw going back to the days of multilinks (God forbid). Trust me I'd rather pay 2k for MTN HSDPA for 2gb than pay 1k for 8gb on such slow network. MTN Nigeria has an average speed of 3.6mbps and can go as high as 10mbps during offpeak with a very good upload speed.

Up till 2014, life cell didn't even have 3g, they only had edge network and 3g was only introduced last year (we have been enjoying 3g in Nigeria for more than 5 years now).

I will ask u another question, when ntel starts operation and give u an average speed of 400kbps and ask u to pay 5k for unlimited data will u be happy? U can't stream YouTube with that. I know some people will be happy, but for a heavy user like me it is a no no... I want something fast. If they are bringing LTE then let it be LTE. I for one know for sure true LTE will not come cheap.

2 Likes

Re: Ntel Unveils Rollout Plan, Begins Commercial Sales Of 0804 Lines April 8 by Pangea: 2:04am On Apr 02, 2016
Anything more than 10k per month for unlimited plan with 1tb fup is dead on arrival

1 Like

Re: Ntel Unveils Rollout Plan, Begins Commercial Sales Of 0804 Lines April 8 by Pangea: 2:24am On Apr 02, 2016
All those who comes here to misyarn about pricing,
I think una be proper suffer heads!
Maybe you don't know telcos comes to forum like these Guage the feelings of the people before setting prices.
So all the rubbish you guys are quoting especially the green hulk or whatever your name is.
You are trying to tell these people to charge you through the nose.
And FYI, 4g is faster that means you exhaust your data faster than 3g.
Left to me, i prefer 3g!
What is the use of your 4g when it is capped.

4 Likes

Re: Ntel Unveils Rollout Plan, Begins Commercial Sales Of 0804 Lines April 8 by ican2020: 5:50am On Apr 02, 2016
greenhulk:

First of all, can u be a little matured and use a font that is readable. I can't read this shii u posted because I can't hurt my eyes trying to decode what it means. But I was able to know ubwere talking about lifecell network provider in Ukraine.

Now to business, first of all this network has no 4g not to talk of LTE, their highest speed attainable is 3g.. So have that at the back of ur mind.

2. There is no place in there website where it says it offers unlimited internet for 150 uah . all their plans are capped. They normally offer 50mb per day for 3 Utah for normal plan and their best plan for data which is called VIP 3g+ offer 55 uah for 750mb, 95 Uah for 2gb and 150 Uah for 4gb. That is approximately 7usd for 4gb of data per month, and that is equivalent to 1,600 naira for 4gb per month for a 3g network. That is not better than what glo offer here brother. Abeg no come here dey bobo us.
What is the big deal about Glo data, that drains like water in a basket.
I just subscribe to Glo 6GB for 3K, I download files that is less 1.5gb and few hours of browsing and Glo said my data b/l is less than 300mb. What a data scam

4 Likes

Re: Ntel Unveils Rollout Plan, Begins Commercial Sales Of 0804 Lines April 8 by chumakk: 7:11am On Apr 02, 2016
ican2020:

What is the big deal about Glo data, that drains like water in a basket.
I just subscribe to Glo 6GB for 3K, I download files that is less 1.5gb and few hours of browsing and Glo said my data b/l is less than 300mb. What a data scam
you are lucky self. Me I didn't download a picture. Glo is so slow in my area
Re: Ntel Unveils Rollout Plan, Begins Commercial Sales Of 0804 Lines April 8 by pendusky(m): 7:27am On Apr 02, 2016
This is nice one...
Re: Ntel Unveils Rollout Plan, Begins Commercial Sales Of 0804 Lines April 8 by Elxandre(m): 7:34am On Apr 02, 2016
Re: Ntel Unveils Rollout Plan, Begins Commercial Sales Of 0804 Lines April 8 by fowlyansh181(m): 8:13am On Apr 02, 2016
greenhulk:

Bros don't mis quote me. First ask urself, does life cell Ukraine offer 4g LTE? They don't even offer 3.5G (HSDPA) that MTN, etisalat, glo and airtel offer here. What they have is a measnly 3g with an average speed of 400kbps. It will take u forever to exhaust 8gb of data with that speed. This is just likw going back to the days of multilinks (God forbid). Trust me I'd rather pay 2k for MTN HSDPA for 2gb than pay 1k for 8gb on such slow network. MTN Nigeria has an average speed of 3.6mbps and can go as high as 10mbps during offpeak with a very good upload speed.

Up till 2014, life cell didn't even have 3g, they only had edge network and 3g was only introduced last year (we have been enjoying 3g in Nigeria for more than 5 years now).

I will ask u another question, when ntel starts operation and give u an average speed of 400kbps and ask u to pay 5k for unlimited data will u be happy? U can't stream YouTube with that. I know some people will be happy, but for a heavy user like me it is a no no... I want something fast. If they are bringing LTE then let it be LTE. I for one know for sure true LTE will not come cheap.
what nonsense where you saying about MTN? Mtn doesn't in anyway come close to this LIFE.that life 3G is very much better than almost any 3.5g in Nigeria. Mind you from the picture below what we get here mostly in Nigeria is AVERAGE SPEED

Re: Ntel Unveils Rollout Plan, Begins Commercial Sales Of 0804 Lines April 8 by Standing5(m): 8:21am On Apr 02, 2016
slinkman:
bro it is done and it is possible in japan a few yuan would get you an unlimited acess to the internet, and no speed throttling you dont have to pay _stupidly to access what developed countries acess cheaply
Nigeria isn't Japan bros. What we have in Nigeria is still good. We don't av a internet backbone in Nigeria and so can never achieve those low rates until we have internet backbone in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Ntel Unveils Rollout Plan, Begins Commercial Sales Of 0804 Lines April 8 by packa(m): 8:27am On Apr 02, 2016
Its not as easy as you guys see it. There is a lot involved in ISP business and nobody will venture into these biz to do charity. Imagine the wahala they go through from NCC, They pay so much million to acquire Lic to operate as National Carriers, You haven't talked about there Base Stations how much it cost them to build it and maintain it especially with our epileptic power supply of which they will be running diesel everyday cos they can't depend on our power supply. Then Bandwidth, how much bandwidth do they pay monthly to whosoever. Speaking of bandwidth everybody at the moment all buys bandwidth from Glo1 and they sell it very expensive to this guys Imagine you paying 1mb for 90k monthly how many people do you think you can serve with that and tell me if you will be able to promise your clients unlimited for cheaper price and expect the service to be awesome at that level.

If you must know the total Bandwidth Glo1 brought into Nigeria via their submarine cable is 3TB and all this giants Telecoms and ISP are plugged into it including all these LTE companies who lie to you that they have 4G service. Glo are making more money from the co operate Clients not the final consumers like us and you guys should stop dreaming about unlimited to be cheap with reasonable speed in Nigeria. It will only happen when if there is stable power supply, and NCC is not killing them behind close doors and if bandwidth is not expensive from where they buy it from.

People like Etisalat spends so much money on there infrastructure and bandwidth their data will remain expensive because they are offering quality and thats what we should be opting for.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ntel Unveils Rollout Plan, Begins Commercial Sales Of 0804 Lines April 8 by packa(m): 8:29am On Apr 02, 2016
Standing5:
Nigeria isn't Japan bros. What we have in Nigeria is still good. We don't av a internet backbone in Nigeria and so can never achieve those low rates until we have internet backbone in Nigeria.

God bless you brother. You just said it all.
Re: Ntel Unveils Rollout Plan, Begins Commercial Sales Of 0804 Lines April 8 by Standing5(m): 8:42am On Apr 02, 2016
packa:

God bless you brother. You just said it all.
Lots of people don't understand this topic, if they do, they would simply keep shut and enjoy the cheap plans we have in Nigeria
Re: Ntel Unveils Rollout Plan, Begins Commercial Sales Of 0804 Lines April 8 by magaliyu(f): 9:12am On Apr 02, 2016
Enough of this Ukraine bullshit as Nigerians we should congratulate ourself for this jolly-jolly,as for MTN your days are numbered.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

I Can't View My Wife's Whatsapp Status Post. / Police Urge Nigerians To Activate SIM Lock, Reveal Criminals’ Tactics / How I Won My Battle Against Yahoo Boys And Lessons I Learnt From It.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.