Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,270 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:13 AM

Ntel Unveils Rollout Plan, Begins Commercial Sales Of 0804 Lines April 8 - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Ntel Unveils Rollout Plan, Begins Commercial Sales Of 0804 Lines April 8 (42158 Views)

NTEL Begins With Free Unlimited Data For 3 Months / Ntel Begins Operation In Abuja, Lagos / Ntel Makes First Volte Call In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ntel Unveils Rollout Plan, Begins Commercial Sales Of 0804 Lines April 8 by KingRex1(m): 11:27am On Apr 02, 2016
wristbangle:

3G (HSPA) ni oo brother mi
Na to dey stream life match be dat o
Re: Ntel Unveils Rollout Plan, Begins Commercial Sales Of 0804 Lines April 8 by agborodun: 11:30am On Apr 02, 2016
this is the rate on some uk network

Re: Ntel Unveils Rollout Plan, Begins Commercial Sales Of 0804 Lines April 8 by FuckTheMod: 11:36am On Apr 02, 2016
greenhulk:

Nobody offer this price any where in the world. Yes we want it to be cheap but 3,500 for 9gb? On a 4g lte? Shey u be that famous Infocenter wey dey always post his scam sme data share everyday? On top of that 5k for unlimited data lol.

Anyway all these prices are still possible. In fact it is very possible to offer 20gb for 2k, but the take is they will give u a very throttled speed, say 20kbps, make u come tell me how u go take finish the 20gb within 1 month. This is the same thing glo is doing, their plans are cheap but to make their sim browse u need to fast and pray.

Exactly ma nigga grin

BASTĄRD glo
Re: Ntel Unveils Rollout Plan, Begins Commercial Sales Of 0804 Lines April 8 by adexeli(m): 11:38am On Apr 02, 2016
slinkman:
If they want to remain the best and salvation to Nigeria then they should work on 3 most important thing
1.) it shiuld be spread all over Nigeria, in sny part of Nigeria their should be Ntel good service.

2.) their 4G should be 4G nothing less, speed should never go lower than 5mbps per second for any reason at all. Even if the whole Nigeria uses their service and overhauls server the speed should never go lower than 5mbps.

3.) pricing and unlimited data. If i am to set their prices they should unleash monthly plans and no daily plan nor weekly plan , pricing should go thus

1000 for 3gb

2500 for 9gb

3500 for 15gb

And

5000 for an unlimited plan

All should be monthly plans.

With these i swear on God i and my whole fam shall welcome strongly this NTel and stick to it for life.
5000 unlimited on a 4g LTE network in Nigeria, that's a joke, will they be running on water?? Besides it's a wireless network which makes it more expensive. Don't get your hopes high

1 Like

Re: Ntel Unveils Rollout Plan, Begins Commercial Sales Of 0804 Lines April 8 by adexeli(m): 11:41am On Apr 02, 2016
agborodun:
this is the rate on some uk network
you really do not expect Equivalent of such prices from Ntel right
Re: Ntel Unveils Rollout Plan, Begins Commercial Sales Of 0804 Lines April 8 by mkoabiola: 11:42am On Apr 02, 2016
When are they going to recruit deir staffs,
Re: Ntel Unveils Rollout Plan, Begins Commercial Sales Of 0804 Lines April 8 by olurotimi1: 11:45am On Apr 02, 2016
So when will our networks introduce wired internet since its cheaper sad
Re: Ntel Unveils Rollout Plan, Begins Commercial Sales Of 0804 Lines April 8 by Nobody: 11:46am On Apr 02, 2016
Intendy:

it can't happen for now as uve rightly said.
I'm more realistic.if its 4g haba its cheap
but one day we fit get there
Make light dey or fuel cheap first
Re: Ntel Unveils Rollout Plan, Begins Commercial Sales Of 0804 Lines April 8 by leaderWills(m): 11:46am On Apr 02, 2016
I work for them, so I know what's going on and I hope to get a fair share of the roll out fund for the project. Ntel superior data package for you.
Re: Ntel Unveils Rollout Plan, Begins Commercial Sales Of 0804 Lines April 8 by olurotimi1: 11:53am On Apr 02, 2016
leaderWills:
I work for them, so I know what's going on and I hope to get a fair share of the roll out fund for the project. Ntel superior data package for you.
[color=#000099][/color]hope so grin
Re: Ntel Unveils Rollout Plan, Begins Commercial Sales Of 0804 Lines April 8 by fowlyansh181(m): 11:55am On Apr 02, 2016
greenhulk:

Lol. Really? Seriously? That's the best u can come up with? So which app do u want me to use for the speed test? This is what I am seeing myself. Do u want me to tether my MTN to my ps4 and then show u the speed from my ps4?

I used another app and got similar result, is this app also heavily tweaked? Please come up with solid proof. I have MTN on my phone and I am showing u the speed I'm getting.
sadly i can see you do not Know the difference between mbps and MB/s this is what i mean when i say heavily tweaked, tubemate does this, it might show you 4mbps while in essence it is only 800kbs , your speed test app is showing you bits and not in bytes, your real speed is around 1.4mb/s and this is the highest you get on mtn and still hail them ? Sad eye _nigga sad eye..

Re: Ntel Unveils Rollout Plan, Begins Commercial Sales Of 0804 Lines April 8 by suco01(m): 11:59am On Apr 02, 2016
greenhulk:

Nobody offer this price any where in the world. Yes we want it to be cheap but 3,500 for 9gb? On a 4g lte? Shey u be that famous Infocenter wey dey always post his scam sme data share everyday? On top of that 5k for unlimited data lol.

Anyway all these prices are still possible. In fact it is very possible to offer 20gb for 2k, but the take is they will give u a very throttled speed, say 20kbps, make u come tell me how u go take finish the 20gb within 1 month. This is the same thing glo is doing, their plans are cheap but to make their sim browse u need to fast and pray.

In dubai, the du netwrk offer more dan these in dubai, free call within d country (national call) and for d data its abt 20dhiram (1700 or at worst 2K) for a monthly unlimited subscription.. So dont say nobody offers dat data price in d world..

3 Likes

Re: Ntel Unveils Rollout Plan, Begins Commercial Sales Of 0804 Lines April 8 by Davozy: 12:00pm On Apr 02, 2016
morikee:
ntel, the newest entrant into the telecommunications space, has unveiled plans for the first phase rollout of its commercial services to the public.

Its Chief Executive Officer, Mr. Kamar Abass, while announcing the rollout plan in Lagos yesterday, said ntel would begin the first phase rollout with the commercial sales of its 0804 mobile line on April 8 in Lagos and Abuja.

He said although the company acquired some base transceiver stations (BTS) from the old NITEL, it also entered partnership agreement with IHS and Helios Towers, builders of BTS and other telecoms infrastructure, to roll out 600 base stations for the commercial rollout in Lagos and Abuja, with plans to extend the rollout plan to Port Harcourt with additional 200 BTS, also known as base stations.

According to Abass, the Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC), the telecommunications industry regulator, has approved all licence authorisations necessary for ntel to launch its Voice over LTE (VoLTE) network using next generation telecommunications infrastructure for its first phase rollout in April.
He said ntel had deployed 200 kilometres of metro fibre optic transmission cables in Lagos, Abuja and Port Harcourt, for seamless network connectivity during the rollout.

The CEO of ntel also added that ntel had deployed LTE Advanced, the latest 4G technology with multi-antennae sites.

“We are rolling out physical sites in three cities on our 900MHz and 1800MHz bands to launch Voice over LTE come April 8, 2016. We have signed agreements with trade partners and fulfilled all licence authorisations and payments and we are up-to-date and there are no impediments to our launch,” he said.

Abass said Natcoms Investments Limited, the parent company of ntel has projected over $1 billion investments over the next four years, for its rollout plan, which he said, would be in phases.

To ensure smooth take off of its mobile network rollout plan, ntel has completed the construction of Tier III Datacentre as well as reactivation of SAT-3 submarine international fibre optic cable.

Natcoms had last year paid $252.52 million to acquire the assets of the defunct first national operator (NITEL), to begin commercial operation on its mobile network. Noting that despite the growth of the telecoms sector in Nigeria which has seen voice subscriptions rise from less than 60,000 in 2001 to over 147 million as at 2015, he expressed fears that broadband usage has only grown by 20 per cent. He said NATCOM has come to fill the gap bringing Nigerians unfettered access to full mobile broadband both on voice and data services.

“Over the next four and half years, the total number of mobile broadband customers alone will be greater than all of the customers that have come into the market on mobile since its inception. In other words, we are at a point where a major transformation is in the making. You will see 168 million mobile broadband customers coming into existence between now and the end of 2019, which is more than all the mobile customers in both narrow and broadband that we have seen in the last 15 years.”

“That sounds like an enormous transformation. When it comes to the supply of broadband services, we are unique because we have more spectrum which can deliver more output than any network available today and potentially any network in the future. The spectrum we have has unique features which can not be compared with any other spectrum band,” Abass said.

source: http://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2016/04/01/ntel-unveils-rollout-plan-begins-commercial-sales-of-0804-lines-april-8/

Am ready!!! Hope they won't disappoint.
Re: Ntel Unveils Rollout Plan, Begins Commercial Sales Of 0804 Lines April 8 by Nobody: 12:01pm On Apr 02, 2016
adexeli:
5000 unlimited on a 4g LTE network in Nigeria, that's a joke, will they be running on water?? Besides it's a wireless network which makes it more expensive. Don't get your hopes high

Abeg tell them. A lot of ignorant people here.
Re: Ntel Unveils Rollout Plan, Begins Commercial Sales Of 0804 Lines April 8 by 989900: 12:01pm On Apr 02, 2016
Data is the future -- 10 years from now, less than 10% of the population will still be making traditional GSM calls, when you can call for free on Whatsapp, Skype, and 'a million others'!
Re: Ntel Unveils Rollout Plan, Begins Commercial Sales Of 0804 Lines April 8 by suco01(m): 12:06pm On Apr 02, 2016
greenhulk:

N900 a month for unlimited internet. That's like €4 a month. Guy u can lie oh. As if we never near airport before abi? Even a wired internet is not that cheap. Ask ur gf what ISP she is using. It is probably a school WiFi or a home fixed internet where the money is shared among occupants. So yes if the cost is €20 and there are 5 occupants ur of will pay €4. And like I said earlier, data can be sold for even 2k for unlimited, it all depends on the speed.

i guess u're wrong, do u think € is like dis our yeye Naira... Hw wud u say data can b sold for €2k. If uneva reach airport tlkless say u go travel no kon dey tlk wetin u no knw in dubai for d 3months wey i used abt 20dhiram #1700 equivalent to Naira dat i use to browse on unlimited dat for a month wit free national call on the du sim. So wat are u tlking..

1 Like

Re: Ntel Unveils Rollout Plan, Begins Commercial Sales Of 0804 Lines April 8 by 3rdlegxxx(m): 12:07pm On Apr 02, 2016
greenhulk:

Sorry to burst your bubble bro but I use glo, been using it for about 2 years now for data, used the 4.5gig for N2,500 and the blackberry 1,400 for 3gig, that's what I'm browsing with and its fast, not super 4g fast but its fast for me, all files web pages take less than 5 seconds to open unless once in a while when there is bad network.

1 Like

Re: Ntel Unveils Rollout Plan, Begins Commercial Sales Of 0804 Lines April 8 by suco01(m): 12:09pm On Apr 02, 2016
jmichlins:
To all guys converting $ to # directly forgeting the IPC of each country differs thereby making the spending power of the citizens greater. An average american makes $50k/year making the country more costly to live in when compared to nigeria. $10 can feed an average nigeria family a night but may not be enough to buy burger over there. Minimum wage here is #18k but when converted is less that $70 which can be 2hours of labor there(not sure). Having said that, data purchase plan there is very cheap to them with the goodies that comes with it like unlimited texting and calls. Before you can speak about data being cheap or costly abroad when compared to nigeria check their IPC

$70 for 2hrs labour. I guess u're high on expired pleasure w**d... So dollar don easy to get b dat..
Re: Ntel Unveils Rollout Plan, Begins Commercial Sales Of 0804 Lines April 8 by Nobody: 12:12pm On Apr 02, 2016
suco01:

In dubai, the du netwrk offer more dan these in dubai, free call within d country (national call) and for d data its abt 20dhiram (1700 or at worst 2K) for a monthly unlimited subscription.. So dont say nobody offers dat data price in d world..

Nice one. But can u please show me proof where du network in Dubai charge 20 aed for unlimited data on their LTE. On their website what I see as their special offer is 150 aed for 6gb. That is about 40 USD. Look bro Dubai is not the best place to live if u don't have money, it is a tourist city.

Re: Ntel Unveils Rollout Plan, Begins Commercial Sales Of 0804 Lines April 8 by 3rdlegxxx(m): 12:19pm On Apr 02, 2016
Pangea:
Anything more than 10k per month for unlimited plan with 1tb fup is dead on arrival

Bros calm down now, 10k for 1 Terabyte of data, ahah u want kill them on arrival ni... Hehehe
Re: Ntel Unveils Rollout Plan, Begins Commercial Sales Of 0804 Lines April 8 by Chrisx1x(m): 12:23pm On Apr 02, 2016
greenhulk:

you are right.glo gave me 31mb as bonus but i still dey struggle to use 1mb from the 31mb.To browse common nairaland na problem.
Re: Ntel Unveils Rollout Plan, Begins Commercial Sales Of 0804 Lines April 8 by Niyinficient(m): 12:25pm On Apr 02, 2016
All of u want cheap cheap tins....in return for wat?
won't dey make profit? Won't dey pay their employed graduates? Won't dey maintain their facilities?

Better be on d neck of ur govt to make d economy workable. Expect nothing cheap frm an economy as ours presently.
Re: Ntel Unveils Rollout Plan, Begins Commercial Sales Of 0804 Lines April 8 by suco01(m): 12:30pm On Apr 02, 2016
greenhulk:

Nice one. But can u please show me proof where du network in Dubai charge 20 aed for unlimited data on their LTE. On their website what I see as their special offer is 150 aed for 6gb. That is about 40 USD. Look bro Dubai is not the best place to live if u don't have money, it is a tourist city.

Be it a tourist city or nt. Av used 3months there and hoping to go soon again. Well i dnt knw if its on LTE bt for evry month i was charged 20dhiram and free national call. Mayb u check ya conversion list well. Hw mch b ya own dhiram conversion and hw mch b ya dollar conversion. As @ nw its on #95 to #100 and dollars in blackmarket is @ #350 above pendin hw u get it, note dollar to aed is nt as d same conversion to naira cos dollar is nt in black market price in UAE. so hw does ya conversion correlate?.

1 Like

Re: Ntel Unveils Rollout Plan, Begins Commercial Sales Of 0804 Lines April 8 by ibietela2(m): 12:32pm On Apr 02, 2016
greenhulk:

N900 a month for unlimited internet. That's like €4 a month. Guy u can lie oh. As if we never near airport before abi? Even a wired internet is not that cheap. Ask ur gf what ISP she is using. It is probably a school WiFi or a home fixed internet where the money is shared among occupants. So yes if the cost is €20 and there are 5 occupants ur of will pay €4. And like I said earlier, data can be sold for even 2k for unlimited, it all depends on the speed.

True, a supposed 4G i paid 10k for

Re: Ntel Unveils Rollout Plan, Begins Commercial Sales Of 0804 Lines April 8 by xgenius: 12:45pm On Apr 02, 2016
Hope their tariff will be much cheaper. D competition is good for d consumer.
Re: Ntel Unveils Rollout Plan, Begins Commercial Sales Of 0804 Lines April 8 by jmichlins(m): 12:46pm On Apr 02, 2016
suco01:

$70 for 2hrs labour. I guess u're high on expired pleasure w**d... So dollar don easy to get b dat..
read that again and this time slowly maybe then you will see where there is a bracket and make sure you read what is inside there
Re: Ntel Unveils Rollout Plan, Begins Commercial Sales Of 0804 Lines April 8 by dokiOloye(m): 12:48pm On Apr 02, 2016
greenhulk:

And Nigeria and Japan are the same? Japan are many many many many years ahead of us in everything ing. Ntel are going to import every equipment they will use, they are even going to import their generator and some of their staff. Japan manufacture most of their equipment. Moreover wireless Internet is not cheap, if ntel are going to offer wired home Internet then that can be cheaper.
who told U that wireless Internet isn't cheap?
In fact,it is given freely when U recharge for voice calls in most advanced countries.

1 Like

Re: Ntel Unveils Rollout Plan, Begins Commercial Sales Of 0804 Lines April 8 by terrymason(m): 12:52pm On Apr 02, 2016
greenhulk:

Lol. Really? Seriously? That's the best u can come up with? So which app do u want me to use for the speed test? This is what I am seeing myself. Do u want me to tether my MTN to my ps4 and then show u the speed from my ps4?

I used another app and got similar result, is this app also heavily tweaked? Please come up with solid proof. I have MTN on my phone and I am showing u the speed I'm getting.
oga have you downloaded any game on your ps4 that's more than 15gig? Just imagine you will buy a game online like $55-70 and use more than #10k to download! I nor dey even update my own self, I do just cd games of the hype to get data...
Re: Ntel Unveils Rollout Plan, Begins Commercial Sales Of 0804 Lines April 8 by ibietela2(m): 12:52pm On Apr 02, 2016
fowlyansh181:
this is no live proof and that app you used in testing is heavily tweaked to deceive you , just like tubemate is tweaked to deceive users, google mtn internet speed, the pic i posted was gotten directly from mtn itself

What about tubemate?
Re: Ntel Unveils Rollout Plan, Begins Commercial Sales Of 0804 Lines April 8 by truewalker: 12:54pm On Apr 02, 2016
slinkman:
If they want to remain the best and salvation to Nigeria then they should work on 3 most important thing
1.) it shiuld be spread all over Nigeria, in sny part of Nigeria their should be Ntel good service.

2.) their 4G should be 4G nothing less, speed should never go lower than 5mbps per second for any reason at all. Even if the whole Nigeria uses their service and overhauls server the speed should never go lower than 5mbps.

3.) pricing and unlimited data. If i am to set their prices they should unleash monthly plans and no daily plan nor weekly plan , pricing should go thus

1000 for 3gb

2500 for 9gb

3500 for 15gb

And

5000 for an unlimited plan

All should be monthly plans.

With these i swear on God i and my whole fam shall welcome strongly this NTel and stick to it for life.

if they can fo this or something close, then I see a reason to use their sim, if otherwise, make them forget.
am sure they know 9ja wella, they better make the data cheaper than others, or lose to hackers(tunnelling /vpn aye)

1 Like

Re: Ntel Unveils Rollout Plan, Begins Commercial Sales Of 0804 Lines April 8 by suco01(m): 12:59pm On Apr 02, 2016
jmichlins:
read that again and this time slowly maybe then you will see where there is a bracket and make sure you read what is inside there

Dats y u shd remain silent on wat u're nt sure of..
Re: Ntel Unveils Rollout Plan, Begins Commercial Sales Of 0804 Lines April 8 by esosuo: 1:02pm On Apr 02, 2016
Booyakasha:
I need 1gb for 100NGN; if they really want to make a difference then they should make data really cheap, else we don't care, they'll just be another network provider.. we already have too many service providers...
BABE U WAN CARRY GUN SO OH 1G FOR 100 ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

I Can't View My Wife's Whatsapp Status Post. / Police Urge Nigerians To Activate SIM Lock, Reveal Criminals’ Tactics / How I Won My Battle Against Yahoo Boys And Lessons I Learnt From It.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.