Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,745 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:27 PM

Ntel Unveils Rollout Plan, Begins Commercial Sales Of 0804 Lines April 8 - Phones (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Ntel Unveils Rollout Plan, Begins Commercial Sales Of 0804 Lines April 8 (42166 Views)

NTEL Begins With Free Unlimited Data For 3 Months / Ntel Begins Operation In Abuja, Lagos / Ntel Makes First Volte Call In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ntel Unveils Rollout Plan, Begins Commercial Sales Of 0804 Lines April 8 by fowlyansh181(m): 5:45pm On Apr 02, 2016
greenhulk:

Cool down and learn, we are all learning here. I can guarantee u that this app measures speed in Mbps (megabits per second) which can also be written as Mb/s like the one in the picture u posted. The mistake u are making is that u are mistaking MB/s which is megabyte per second for Mb/s .Take note in megabyte per second, the M and B are in capital letters. So the speed u are getting is 3.8 megapits per second which is no way near MTN 14 megabits per second. With ur speed what u are actually getting is 0.47MB/s (megabyte per second) of download speed.

Pls do ur research and come back and reply me. If u don't believe download speedtest.net and run the test. U will see ur speed is in Mbps.
Pls note: airtel Nigeria 3g is not capable of producing 3.8MB/s, dude that is like 30mbps on a 3g. Not possible bro.
you still go on to prove your ignorance, dude get another app test your speed and post a mb/s result of your speed test with mtn simple and you are showing me screenshots of megabits , mtn that claims not to own 4g would give you a speed of 14mbps.. My airtel currently gave me my speed in mb/s and to think of it your screenshot result recoded 0ping and gave you a result? I smell fraud, i would be tempted not to reply you again if you fail to give me a speed test you conducted just now in mb/s stop deceiving your self with a mbps result
Re: Ntel Unveils Rollout Plan, Begins Commercial Sales Of 0804 Lines April 8 by fowlyansh181(m): 5:49pm On Apr 02, 2016
greenhulk:

What now? Cat cut ur tongue? I thought u are the one that knows all about networking. I just dey laugh. U think Mb/s is the same as MB/s
cat cut or caught my tongue? I don't want to laugh though. When you are ready you know what to do.
Re: Ntel Unveils Rollout Plan, Begins Commercial Sales Of 0804 Lines April 8 by Nobody: 5:56pm On Apr 02, 2016
fowlyansh181:
you still go on to prove your ignorance, dude get another app test your speed and post a mb/s result of your speed test with mtn simple and you are showing me screenshots of megabits , mtn that claims not to own 4g would give you a speed of 14mbps.. My airtel currently gave me my speed in mb/s and to think of it your screenshot result recoded 0ping and gave you a result? I smell fraud, i would be tempted not to reply you again if you fail to give me a speed test you conducted just now in mb/s stop deceiving your self with a mbps result

The problem u have is u fail to learn. Mbps and Mb/s are the same thing. They both mean megabits per second. But ur problem is u are confusing megabytes per second (MB/s) for Mb/s. The catch here is for megabytes per second the B has to be in capital letter. Whenever b is in small letter it denotes bits and whenever it is in capital letter it denotes bytes. I have schooled u, why don't u lean and thank me. Haba I taya o. A simple Google search will justify I am right.

1 Like

Re: Ntel Unveils Rollout Plan, Begins Commercial Sales Of 0804 Lines April 8 by abatically(m): 6:01pm On Apr 02, 2016
fowlyansh181:

Guy you be confam olodo trying to prove u know something. Please what is the difference between Mbps and Mb/s. They are the same thing or do u think Mb/s and MB/s are the same? U no get eyes to see that the b in ur test is in small letter which means bits, its the same as mbps. I laugh in Spanish.

What u are getting is 3.8 megabits per second. 1 byte =8 bits. So to convert ur 3.8Mb/s to MB/s will give 0.47MB/s. To convert greenhulk's 14mbps to MB/s will give 1.75MB/s. Now do the maths and tell us which is faster.
Re: Ntel Unveils Rollout Plan, Begins Commercial Sales Of 0804 Lines April 8 by Nobody: 6:05pm On Apr 02, 2016
fowlyansh181:
cat cut or caught my tongue? I don't want to laugh though. When you are ready you know what to do.

I know what to do? Can u just do a little finding and see that Mbps and Mb/s are the same lol. If u don't know something just shut up. Are u trying to tell me ur internet speed is around 30mbps? No make me laugh abeg.
Re: Ntel Unveils Rollout Plan, Begins Commercial Sales Of 0804 Lines April 8 by harmbhrosz(m): 6:13pm On Apr 02, 2016
2dillu2:
omo see lie grin grin grin
grin grin grin

Bet I swear na true cool
Re: Ntel Unveils Rollout Plan, Begins Commercial Sales Of 0804 Lines April 8 by harmbhrosz(m): 6:14pm On Apr 02, 2016
Le2money:
Same in India...try Aircel network there sometyms ago....free calls to d same network,1000seconds(almost 17minutes) to oda networks wit just 10ruppes and 10ruppes shud be around 25naira
u correct jare

1 Like

Re: Ntel Unveils Rollout Plan, Begins Commercial Sales Of 0804 Lines April 8 by Nobody: 6:16pm On Apr 02, 2016
abatically:

Guy you be confam olodo trying to prove u know something. Please what is the difference between Mbps and Mb/s. They are the same thing or do u think Mb/s and MB/s are the same? U no get eyes to see that the b in ur test is in small letter which means bits, its the same as mbps. I laugh in Spanish.

What u are getting is 3.8 megabits per second. 1 byte =8 bits. So to convert ur 3.8Mb/s to MB/s will give 0.47MB/s. To convert greenhulk's 14mbps to MB/s will give 1.75MB/s. Now do the maths and tell us which is faster.

Abeg help me tell the kid
Re: Ntel Unveils Rollout Plan, Begins Commercial Sales Of 0804 Lines April 8 by Chimdiebere(m): 8:10pm On Apr 02, 2016
abatically:

help me tell am o! by the way thanks green hulk, you're truly a genius, this foul nyash thinks he's so "smart and he knows everything.... (onye araa) angry

Re: Ntel Unveils Rollout Plan, Begins Commercial Sales Of 0804 Lines April 8 by Chimdiebere(m): 8:19pm On Apr 02, 2016
that's my download speed on Mtn attimes
Re: Ntel Unveils Rollout Plan, Begins Commercial Sales Of 0804 Lines April 8 by elektra80: 8:28pm On Apr 02, 2016
fowlyansh181:

See as u just dey mumu yourself. Internet speed is measured in megabit per second or Mbps which is the same as mb/s. Someone posted his speed in Mbps and u are still asking him to post it in mb/s. Is that not mumu of the highest order?

Mbps = megabit per second
Mb/s = megabit per second
MB/s = megabyte per second .

The 3rd one is use to measure the speed of download. U are confusing mb/s for MB/s.
Re: Ntel Unveils Rollout Plan, Begins Commercial Sales Of 0804 Lines April 8 by Nobody: 8:39pm On Apr 02, 2016
Chimdiebere:
that's my download speed on Mtn attimes

That is a pretty fast download speed for a 3.5G mobile internet in Nigeria. 900+kBps is 0.9MB/s. That means u are getting internet connection speed of around 9-10mbps. Also the speed of download depends on the server u are downloading from.

Re: Ntel Unveils Rollout Plan, Begins Commercial Sales Of 0804 Lines April 8 by tinnymerit(m): 8:49pm On Apr 02, 2016
They are just shouting BTS,MSC and transceiver,are they not going to employ us or robot will handle over 200 BTS mentioned?
Re: Ntel Unveils Rollout Plan, Begins Commercial Sales Of 0804 Lines April 8 by abatically(m): 9:30pm On Apr 02, 2016
fowlyansh181:
this is what a speed app should look like counting in mb/s and not mbps, dude learn your internet speeds. Look for a good speed test and test in mb/s stop deceiving yourself with mbps. The pic below was my speed.

Guy u no dey shame to post this ur speed online? Well 3.8mbps for a 3g might be enough for u. But just look at ur ping. Over 530ms? Wtf are u kidding me? In case u don't know what ping is reaction it is the time of your connection, how fast you get a response after you've sent out a request. The lower the better. With this ur over 530ms it is impossible to play games online.

Now look st greenhulk's MTN result. The ping is 56ms which is really really impressive.

2 Likes

Re: Ntel Unveils Rollout Plan, Begins Commercial Sales Of 0804 Lines April 8 by Chimdiebere(m): 9:37pm On Apr 02, 2016
greenhulk:

That is a pretty fast download speed for a 3.5G mobile internet in Nigeria. 900+kBps is 0.9MB/s. That means u are getting internet connection speed of around 9-10mbps. Also the speed of download depends on the server u are downloading from.
actually I "connected " to a Russian server via the TOR network through Orbot on rooted android device. The Russian server network speed is about 1GBPS. yes! 1 Gigabits per second!
Re: Ntel Unveils Rollout Plan, Begins Commercial Sales Of 0804 Lines April 8 by Chimdiebere(m): 9:40pm On Apr 02, 2016
harmbhrosz:
grin grin grin

Bet I swear na true cool

Re: Ntel Unveils Rollout Plan, Begins Commercial Sales Of 0804 Lines April 8 by Chimdiebere(m): 9:43pm On Apr 02, 2016
greenhulk:

mind you I live in Abuja, kubwa for that matter!
Re: Ntel Unveils Rollout Plan, Begins Commercial Sales Of 0804 Lines April 8 by Elxandre(m): 10:42pm On Apr 02, 2016
tonytony208:

Mtn gives me 1gb for 1k. Etisalat does the same.

Ntel will fold up even before they start of they follow that your price.
What's the code for the 1gb for 1k mtn?
Re: Ntel Unveils Rollout Plan, Begins Commercial Sales Of 0804 Lines April 8 by harmbhrosz(m): 11:38pm On Apr 02, 2016
[quote author=Chimdiebere post=44351877][/quote]gerrara here mehn
Re: Ntel Unveils Rollout Plan, Begins Commercial Sales Of 0804 Lines April 8 by discusant: 11:55pm On Apr 02, 2016
slinkman:
If they want to remain the best and salvation to Nigeria then they should work on 3 most important thing
1.) it shiuld be spread all over Nigeria, in sny part of Nigeria their should be Ntel good service.

2.) their 4G should be 4G nothing less, speed should never go lower than 5mbps per second for any reason at all. Even if the whole Nigeria uses their service and overhauls server the speed should never go lower than 5mbps.

3.) pricing and unlimited data. If i am to set their prices they should unleash monthly plans and no daily plan nor weekly plan , pricing should go thus

1000 for 3gb

2500 for 9gb

3500 for 15gb

And

5000 for an unlimited plan

All should be monthly plans.

With these i swear on God i and my whole fam shall welcome strongly this NTel and stick to it for life.

Guy, 500 Naira per month for unlimited broadband? That's ridiculously low if the charge included provision for telephone sets.
Re: Ntel Unveils Rollout Plan, Begins Commercial Sales Of 0804 Lines April 8 by 3rdlegxxx(m): 12:08am On Apr 03, 2016
I still doubt if 4G LTE would come cheap but glo are doing quite well and also Etisalat, these new guys must really bring something better, faster for a reasonable price
Re: Ntel Unveils Rollout Plan, Begins Commercial Sales Of 0804 Lines April 8 by Elxandre(m): 1:01am On Apr 03, 2016
Chikebrain:

I must salute for your constructive explanation to people that always say that network providers provide almost impossible prices for unlimited data without been throttled down when a certain Data cap is met. I don't know if people think nobody has gone outside nigeria.
Nigeria currently has some of the cheapest offers on data but I know it can still improve.
You and greenhulk are confused!

Most of those costly foreign data plans you are citing as examples are on 4G/LTE plus call bundles, unlimited sms and so on.

For a fair analysis, you have to look at what the 3G plans in those countries cost.

Nigeria's 3G data is certainly more costly than most countries.
At least, less N100 equivalent of Cedis could get you 30mb on MTN GH 5 years ago, and it could last a week.

In comparison, MTN Nigeria charged 100 for 10 mb then, with a day of validity.

Not to talk of the bigger data plans

And mind you, MTN had the costliest rates in Ghana then.
I don't know the rates right now though.

These useless ISPs in Nigeria keep moaning about the power issues, but still keep posting record breaking profits. angry

1 Like

Re: Ntel Unveils Rollout Plan, Begins Commercial Sales Of 0804 Lines April 8 by tonytony208(m): 1:31am On Apr 03, 2016
Elxandre:

What's the code for the 1gb for 1k mtn?

Data share
Re: Ntel Unveils Rollout Plan, Begins Commercial Sales Of 0804 Lines April 8 by Chikebrain: 7:48am On Apr 03, 2016
Elxandre:

You and greenhulk are confused!

Most of those costly foreign data plans you are citing as examples are on 4G/LTE plus call bundles, unlimited sms and so on.

For a fair analysis, you have to look at what the 3G plans in those countries cost.

Nigeria's 3G data is certainly more costly than most countries.
At least, less N100 equivalent of Cedis could get you 30mb on MTN GH 5 years ago, and it could last a week.

In comparison, MTN Nigeria charged 100 for 10 mb then, with a day of validity.

Not to talk of the bigger data plans

And mind you, MTN had the costliest rates in Ghana then.
I don't know the rates right now though.

These useless ISPs in Nigeria keep moaning about the power issues, but still keep posting record breaking profits. angry

As at then prices were ridiculous but now, prices are almost ok but they can still improve. MTN Ghana sells 1GB at about N1100 which is almost a shortfall from what Data Resellers sells. I'm not saying the prices for data is fair yet but would improve. What I'm trying to inform peeps is the way they say network providers offers unlimited data at unrealistic prices as if we never enter plane vomit for naija.
Moreso note that power in Nigeria is totally wacky and cost to power Base stations in Nigeria with generators no be beans
Re: Ntel Unveils Rollout Plan, Begins Commercial Sales Of 0804 Lines April 8 by nadalion: 9:32pm On Apr 03, 2016
i tried reserving a number but i couldn't, did anyone encounter such problem?
Re: Ntel Unveils Rollout Plan, Begins Commercial Sales Of 0804 Lines April 8 by Enyimbamercedes: 7:15am On Apr 10, 2016
greenhulk:

Most of the downloads where made when etisalat offered time based subscription of 15 naira for every 5 minutes. 1 hr cost 180 naira and I was getting speed of up to 18mbps on my 4g phone. Within 1 hr I could simultaneously download stuffs worth 5gb for just 180 naira. It is unfortunate etisalat canceled that plan. Now I'm on Spectranet 20gb for 10k but they offer unlimited free browsing from 1am to 7am. So I just put my ps4 on rest mode and download while i sleep.
Do you get any downloads done between 1am and 7am. I know that between those hours, they throttle the speed especially when using torrents
Re: Ntel Unveils Rollout Plan, Begins Commercial Sales Of 0804 Lines April 8 by Nobody: 8:26am On Apr 10, 2016
Enyimbamercedes:

Do you get any downloads done between 1am and 7am. I know that between those hours, they throttle the speed especially when using torrents

Yes and I don't notice any difference between then and daytime.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

I Can't View My Wife's Whatsapp Status Post. / Police Urge Nigerians To Activate SIM Lock, Reveal Criminals’ Tactics / How I Won My Battle Against Yahoo Boys And Lessons I Learnt From It.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.