Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,520 members, 7,812,613 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:14 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 10 - Travel (104) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (1006125 Views)

Peace Mass Bus Travelling To Abuja Involved In Fatal Accident,Many Dead(photos) / Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) ... (403) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by gbemirado: 7:07am On May 13, 2016
casie26:
@gbemirado plz ur email lemme PM u

Gbemirado@hotmail.com
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by lanrayx: 7:21am On May 13, 2016
pls anyone I want to apply for a masters program in Canada, but due to the availability or scarce forex how do you pay your school fees
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by durai: 8:02am On May 13, 2016
Hello house
How many weeks does it take to process one's student visa after medical call. Was called for medical last month nd I went for my medical April 12 and up till now am still waiting for dem to call me for my passport pickup

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by durai: 8:07am On May 13, 2016
olah23:
U will take chill pills bro it takes 14 weeks on just keep chilling
am not getting you. Do you mean I would wait for extra 14weeks after medical call??
cos I was told dat it takes only 4 weeks after medicals. And mind u I only applied for trv (study permit) not pr

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Seajae: 8:27am On May 13, 2016
[quote author=thesoj post=45557678]You are welcome. Also, keep in mind that it may be possible to get admitted into a master's program even with a 2:2. But to do this you have to put together an amazing application and recommendation letters. To be honest tho, it would still be very hard to get admission with it. Look into uOttawa, some of their masters programs accept 2:2 from Nigerian applicants.

[/Thesoj sir please i would like to ask you a few questions...can you pm me please?]
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by durai: 8:29am On May 13, 2016
Dannylng:
how come nobody applied to university of Guelph, abi na only me waka come?
I also applied nd av been admitted. waiting for my study permit

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Dannylng(m): 8:35am On May 13, 2016
durai:
I also applied nd av been admitted. waiting for my study permit

Nice what program?
I got MEng Environmental Engineering will apply for my trv by month end still gathering documents
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by durai: 8:46am On May 13, 2016
Dannylng:

Nice what program?
I got MEng Environmental Engineering will apply for my trv by month end still gathering documents
seriously wanted to go for environmental engineering but opted for environmental science (pgd). cos d tuition fee is a Lil bit high
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by bayocanny: 8:54am On May 13, 2016
Bamz:
Hi guys,

I plan to submit by paper route on Monday (next week). Is it possible to give my biometrics same day cos I won't be around after that day.
Oga check your mail nah
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by ciot: 8:59am On May 13, 2016
ciot:

I have reviewed your SOP @Emmysaints. Goodluck on your application. God bless!

The thoughts for today:

Always remember to be decisive about the program you wish to apply for and make sure it is tied to an experience either of work or volunteering. Do not apply to study for example Nursing when you read Marketing. Please align your SOP to experiences that can be VALIDATED.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Obiwannn: 9:05am On May 13, 2016
stevemims:
E get as e be my brother but God dey with us... Some schools in aussie do accept credit transfers from what i have been gathering and reading on school's website but finishing the prog here is also a good idea as you pointed out that the cert is acceptable all over the world, so its a real deal. I think there is another thread for the skilled workers program.

Alright, will look em up. Thank you.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by EmmySaints: 9:40am On May 13, 2016
Thank you Ciot. I am really grateful. Your review was awesome.
ciot:

I will review with comments and questions and send back to you as soon as I am done.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by ciot: 9:59am On May 13, 2016
EmmySaints:
Thank you Ciot. I am really grateful. Your review was awesome.

Thank you EmmySaints and Goodluck with everything!! For those that that have sent their SOPs and those that would like to, please feel free.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by durai: 10:06am On May 13, 2016
durai:
Hello house
How many weeks does it take to process one's student visa after medical call. Was called for medical last month nd I went for my medical April 12 and up till now am still waiting for dem to call me for my passport pickup
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by wayaa007(m): 10:33am On May 13, 2016
@durai, are u for paper or online route, and please when did you apply?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by durai: 10:54am On May 13, 2016
wayaa007:
@durai, are u for paper or online route, and please when did you apply?
I applied 23rd of march.Paper route
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by StanP(m): 11:16am On May 13, 2016
pharmow:
Part 10.....wow is quite astounding that this thread is going strong everyday. If there is anyone coming to Edmonton, Alberta buzz me up. I can help you with one or two info

I am expecting my TRV to enable me come to Alberta (U of A to be precise). Would definitely appreciate some info and advice on how to settle in when I get there. Please drop your contact to enable me keep in touch.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by wayaa007(m): 11:28am On May 13, 2016
durai:
I applied 23rd of march.Paper route
Well, it's still much within the processing time, it's just an accepted norm on NL and generally that when CIC calls you for medicals, you ought to receive approval mail. Some cases may not be like that. My advice is just relax a little, maybe CIC has a new way of doing things this time, because I know some people have been sent medicals mails, and did medicals around same time and haven't been given approvals too.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by durai: 11:46am On May 13, 2016
wayaa007:

Well, it's still much within the processing time, it's just an accepted norm on NL and generally that when CIC calls you for medicals, you ought to receive approval mail. Some cases may not be like that. My advice is just relax a little, maybe CIC has a new way of doing things this time, because I know some people have been sent medicals mails, and did medicals around same time and haven't been given approvals too.
alrite thanks.....just dat my school resumed yesterday nd a little bit anxious to get an ansa nd I don't want to miss a lot of lecture class
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by irshadmuaz: 11:53am On May 13, 2016
Hello all please could anyone give me an estimate of how long it takes to be called for medicals after visa application?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by kelvyn29(m): 12:00pm On May 13, 2016
pharmow:
Part 10.....wow is quite astounding that this thread is going strong everyday. If there is anyone coming to Edmonton, Alberta buzz me up. I can help you with one or two info

I am going to concordia, Edmonton.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by wayaa007(m): 12:08pm On May 13, 2016
irshadmuaz:
Hello all please could anyone give me an estimate of how long it takes to be called for medicals after visa application?
Sorry,but there's no accurate estimate, some have been called in 2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,12 weeks...there's not enough info to give you an average estimate
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Odinwa(m): 12:09pm On May 13, 2016
Odinwa:
Hello house, please apart from document checklist, family information, application for trv and trv instructions, which other form will I have to fill from cic?
Secondly, I have about 2.6million naira in my account and my sponsor has 3 million in her account, will this be enough? I am going to conestoga for one year Pgc course. The fees is $13700CAD. Should I go ahead with my application or should I solicit for more funds?
Thanks

This is very unfair, I posted this yesterday and nobody have been able to reply or assist me. Please help me out here. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by igwenunsa: 12:16pm On May 13, 2016
please my people i want to know if cic will send me a mail that my passport is ready for collection or should i go to vfs because i have been sent a mail tjat my TRV has been approved but i don't if that include my passport or is it going to another mail for passport pick up.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by wayaa007(m): 12:18pm On May 13, 2016
Odinwa:

This is very unfair, I posted this yesterday and nobody have been able to reply or assist me. Please help me out here. Thanks
On the CIC website, you should get the forms specific to applicants from Nigeria. The other forms you will fill are the vfs consent form, the study permit questionnaire, these forms would be given to you at the vfs office, as for the aspect of finance, the little I learnt from the CIC website, is that you must have your tuition +10,000CAD, and be able to show that you will have access to the money when needed.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by wayaa007(m): 12:18pm On May 13, 2016
igwenunsa:
please my people i want to know if cic will send me a mail that my passport is ready for collection or should i go to vfs because i have been sent a mail tjat my TRV has been approved but i don't if that include my passport or is it going to another mail for passport pick up.
Vfs and cic would send you pick up mail/dispatch mail
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by durai: 12:41pm On May 13, 2016
igwenunsa:
sorry when did u apply nd wen did u go for ur medicals.and was it paper route or online
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by irshadmuaz: 12:46pm On May 13, 2016
wayaa007:

On the CIC website, you should get the forms specific to applicants from Nigeria. The other forms you will fill are the vfs consent form, the study permit questionnaire, these forms would be given to you at the vfs office, as for the aspect of finance, the little I learnt from the CIC website, is that you must have your tuition +10,000CAD, and be able to show that you will have access to the money when needed.

Also from what i have gotten to understand, the duration the funds have been in ur account is crucial, do ensure u have had ur first year tuition plus 100000 CAD (abt 2 mil) in ur account for a few months. Read on money lodging for more info
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Team16(m): 1:28pm On May 13, 2016
mevisbleek:

No, it is not possible to defer whilst in the country. Guess your visa is void after 3 months of non attendance.

Bro, sorry to digress but it's possible. My guy did it last fall and he is resuming this fall. Pgd Construction management @ Conestoga.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Team16(m): 1:30pm On May 13, 2016
Demmypeters1:
Good morning, please house I got admitted into automation&robotics in Centennial college , fall & I'm applying for visa soon. Does anyone know if it is possible to defer ones admission after I get there to next year fall. thanks

It's possible. My guy did it last year and he's resuming this fall. Pgd construction management @ Conestoga. So get in first n you will find your way around.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by bukyne: 1:36pm On May 13, 2016
Please can someone help me review my SOP.
I'm unable to contact the gurus in the house.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by EmmySaints: 1:47pm On May 13, 2016
Hello all,

Please can I have the correct CIC address/contact to address my SOP and other letters(Letter of Support and Sponsorship).

Also as per the Study Permit Questionnaire, are we to fill it by hand(Biro) because I cant seem to figure out how to fill it in the computer.

(1) (2) (3) ... (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) ... (403)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.