Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,332 members, 7,819,137 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:47 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 10 - Travel (106) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (1008213 Views)

Peace Mass Bus Travelling To Abuja Involved In Fatal Accident,Many Dead(photos) / Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) ... (403) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Joshcoli(m): 5:46pm On May 13, 2016
Hi,

Please can a HND holder apply to a college

Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Bamz(m): 5:54pm On May 13, 2016
Bamz:
Hello guys,
I'm including a board resolution letter in my application but I can only get the photocopy to vfs, and can't take the original for sighting. Is this okay?

I'm yet to get a response, anyone, please.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Arcayo: 6:09pm On May 13, 2016
Joshcoli:
Hi,

Please can a HND holder apply to a college

Thanks
To do what? PGC? Yes, another diploma? Yes but not good for Visa application Cos your HND is equivalent to 3years diploma and a year postgraduate in canadian education
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by durai: 6:10pm On May 13, 2016
olah23:
When did u apply? If u just apply just chill even with upfront medicals process time is 14 weeks.. but if u ve been called for medicals chill abit
av been called for medicals since 12th of April nd I did my medical a week later(19th april)
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by kaybee13: 6:32pm On May 13, 2016
Good evening guys, what are the documents to summit when applying for students permit and moreover did i need to buy medical insurance. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Iggynasia(f): 6:41pm On May 13, 2016
Hello house,

Please can anyone verify if pictures are still acceptable by cic via online route?

Thank you..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by SAMUELS3(m): 7:00pm On May 13, 2016
Bamz:

I'm yet to get a response, anyone, please.

It's ok brother, even if you have the original, you will still have to submit the photocopy only.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by iammartinzo(m): 7:02pm On May 13, 2016
Iggynasia:
Hello house,

Please can anyone verify if pictures are still acceptable by cic via online route?

Thank you..
Yes if you are applying for visit... depending on your relationship with the person you are visiting... you might wanna show some pictures to show a strong relationships between u and that person but study... NO
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by SAMUELS3(m): 7:02pm On May 13, 2016
Iggynasia:
Hello house,

Thank you..

Yes, there's a space for digital photo upload.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Bamz(m): 7:15pm On May 13, 2016
SAMUELS3:

It's ok brother, even if you have the original, you will still have to submit the photocopy only.

I totally understand bro. Are originals required for sighting before submission of photocopies?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Iggynasia(f): 7:32pm On May 13, 2016
sad It's actually study
iammartinzo:

Yes if you are applying for visit... depending on your relationship with the person you are visiting... you might wanna show some pictures to show a strong relationships between u and that person but study... NO
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by ManTiger(m): 7:39pm On May 13, 2016
justwise:

..and that is what i'm asking you to do and let people write and choose who will review it for them.

Constantly dropping your email address asking people to email you their SOP for review is soliciting.
grin grin grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by thesoj: 7:42pm On May 13, 2016
Please ask your question on this thread. I rarely respond to PMs anymore. Busy times.
SegunWamiri:
@ thesoj: good day to you. I'm not sure if you receive PMs or not but I have sent you messages twice now but I'm yet to get a response.
Please.....I need to your candid advice on my situation. Was refused last month and I plan to refire this month.
Cheers
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by thesoj: 7:46pm On May 13, 2016
Please ask your question publicly. I rarely respond to PMs these days. Busy times.
Seajae:
thesoj sir please i would like to ask you a few questions...can you pm me please?

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by SAMUELS3(m): 7:47pm On May 13, 2016
Bamz:

I totally understand bro. Are originals required for sighting before submission of photocopies?
Sighting Nah... smiley

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by irshadmuaz: 7:48pm On May 13, 2016
EmmySaints:
I am also applying for this Sept 2016. I would have liked if we can all share ideas on our various application documents. This will help us correct avoidable mistakes. I believe in aiming and shooting right. pls others should indicate

Thats what i want to hear. I want to go for M.eng 2 years . Applied online on 18th april but haven't gotten any feedback yet
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by justwise(m): 7:50pm On May 13, 2016
Arcayo:

You are right, it's his decision if he want to enjoy the 20hr/week work for a year and later use the funds he make to pay tuition then come back to Nigeria to look job or try and take care of the situation now to be able to work towards permanent resident later.
People defer semester/section but I don't believe it's advisable to do it immediately you enter Canada, these people keep records of everything unlike our dear country, you can defer after 1st year in school then blame it on whatever reasonable reasons that you think can save you but if demmypeters1 is not thinking of getting PR after studies good he can even work for a year and half b4 going to school.
Taking risks is not by shooting yourself in the foot or jumping off the cliff cos you think you will land inside water.

You are right its not advisable and it will call into question those financial documents he submitted during visa application.

If you claimed to have the money and have submitted bank statement showing that money during your application then get to Canada and defer your admission and starts working...you are not going to enjoy the consequences.

It makes sense to defer after first year but doing that even before you start your course is risky.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by thesoj: 8:10pm On May 13, 2016
You are very welcome! Thank you for the shoutout.
bosypumpin:
@ thesoj, brotherly, my testimony is incomplete without mentioning you o. Help will not cease for you not only in all the 5eyed countries but all over the world. Thanks a bunch bruv
@ tnuola, thanks for coming out of that very busy schedule to congratulate me, bless you o
@ Pampem, greatest Ife, oshey.
and @eveyone, if not that I'm packaging my husby and daughter, I for enter Canada tomorrow begin dey help sholay2011 and team 12 with their school work na na na.
Thank you.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Mizbaby(f): 8:29pm On May 13, 2016
Team16:

So is it advisable that he should not go at all because of fear of "what will happen when applying for postgraduate work permit". Bro, IMO, always forget what will happen later. Do what you think will make you succeed. When people talk about risks, how do you define risk? My guy is balling in Ontario now and has saved up enough money to start school this fall. Conquer your fear bro. Life is all about risks. @demmypeters1 follow your heart. Everything is possible if you can believe it. Just go for it.

It is illegal to work if you are not enrolled in a school and actively pursuing studies. You can only do that 'under the carpet' i.e. Cash jobs, but if you are caught you have violated the terms of your study permit. My own school starts in September and I cannot work till then.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by abestine(m): 8:36pm On May 13, 2016
Bamz:

Originals are not requested, they are only requested at court when notarizing/ certifying your document which is not compulsory

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by ciot: 8:39pm On May 13, 2016
EmmySaints:
Thank you Ciot. I am really grateful. Your review was awesome.

To everyone who sent in their SOPs, I will be working on them this weekend, so expect them Sat/Sun. Goodluck with everything concerning the applications. You will get the study permits in Jesus name!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Made123: 8:42pm On May 13, 2016
irshadmuaz:

Also from what i have gotten to understand, the duration the funds have been in ur account is crucial, do ensure u have had ur first year tuition plus 100000 CAD (abt 2 mil) in ur account for a few months. Read on money lodging for more info
@irshadmuaz, I sent you a PM. What if the fund is truly yours and it came in the month you intend to apply for TRV. How can one prove this. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Made123: 8:45pm On May 13, 2016
Team16:

Will appreciate it as well.
Same here
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by abestine(m): 8:48pm On May 13, 2016
Made123:

@irshadmuaz, I sent you a PM. What if the fund is truly yours and it came in the month you intend to apply for TRV. How can one prove this. Thanks

Attach a letter of explanation stating where the money came from with evidence. For example if it is loan state it there and attach the documents u used in securing the loan. It may even serve as a good tie to ur country if the condition attached to d loan is returning to serve angry grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by olaniyisal: 9:02pm On May 13, 2016
please what do the medicals entails.

Which test. Explain

GeneralSnipper:
Good day Everyone,

I got a mail yesterday (3:32pm) for medical examination and went to The Consultant Practice in Ikoyi to do the needful this morning. I paid #28,050 only for the exercise. Doctor said it will take about 1 week to send the result to CIC. So I'm back to my "patiently waiting mode". This afternoon I received another mail from CIC stating that my application has been updated and when I checked online I found that the medical section now reads 'We need your medical information'. I guess that was just an update to my application status based on the mail received yesterday.

I think paper application is fast for now, I met someone who applied (paper) April 19th and got medical mail May 3rd. Just my opinion anyway. I applied online on the 10th of March and 9 weeks later (yesterday) I got medical mail.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Made123: 9:02pm On May 13, 2016
abestine:

Attach a letter of explanation stating where the money came from with evidence. For example if it is loan state it there and attach the documents u used in securing the loan. It may even serve as a good tie to ur country if the condition attached to d loan is returning to serve angry grin
it's a contract job and I can only provide the receipt showing the goods I supplied to the company and the a picture of the cheque
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by GeneralSnipper: 9:18pm On May 13, 2016
Weight + Height to get your BMI, Blood and Urine samples, Chest x-ray, Blood Pressure, Eye Test.

olaniyisal:
please what do the medicals entails.

Which test. Explain

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by SegunWamiri(m): 9:19pm On May 13, 2016
thesoj:
Please ask your question on this thread. I rarely respond to PMs anymore. Busy times.

Okay@ busy times. Firstly, I'll like to share my profile then I would hope that you might be able to advise/reassure/discourage me.

First degree- Sociology: 2009
Second degree- MSc Management: 2013
Employment-
Volunteer Teaching in Church (Name was declared in the form): 2010-2012
Business Operations Manager: 2014 till date

Intended Program- Global business management (PGC)

Refused for Purpose of visit and Family ties despite the show of marriage certificate and my wife and son's birth certificates.

GCMS file states that program of study in Canada does not appear to be consistent with previous education and employment history.

QUESTION
1. Do you think it is the Masters that is being frowned at?

2. Do you think that one can write a SOP that would convince the VO this time? If yes, might you be able to offer advice on how to frame it?

Anyone who has got personal or learned experience could contribute. Cheers
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by iammartinzo(m): 9:19pm On May 13, 2016
Iggynasia:
sad It's actually study
You don't need pictures... u only need ur passport photograph if you are applying online and then ur passport data page...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by iammartinzo(m): 9:22pm On May 13, 2016
Mizbaby:

It is illegal to work if you are not enrolled in a school and actively pursuing studies. You can only do that 'under the carpet' i.e. Cash jobs, but if you are caught you have violated the terms of your study permit. My own school starts in September and I cannot work till then.

Well, u re dulling urself... there is nothing stopping you from working 20hours a week

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 9:23pm On May 13, 2016
What people talk about money lodgement here is complicating. And people having unnecessary explanation brings about suspicion to Consulars..forget about visa matter,an account can be running concurrently with any amount as long as there is good sums of transaction history and heavy amount lik 1m 500h 800h etc have been of inflow. any huge amount coming towards ur application time/print out doesn't great suspicion..im a living witness..my sponsor,my mum,a banker,has her acct running well,towards the day to print her SOA for my visa she distributed N4.9m once without splitting and printed it d next day and i submitted the following day,still i made NO explanation,yet i was never denied of insufficient funds..let people dont complicate and bring doubts for theirselves
NB:dont try the above stated if your acct dosent have good transaction history.it is only a dormant account and all of a sudden 2.3m or 1.5m enters,then its questionable..i see ppl come to my mum and they build up accounts in just 2wks with heavy amounts and still get their visas..NL people atimes they overdo things

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Made123: 9:36pm On May 13, 2016
casie26:
What people talk about money lodgement here is complicating. And people having unnecessary explanation brings about suspicion to Consulars..forget about visa matter,an account can be running concurrently with any amount as long as there is good sums of transaction history and heavy amount lik 1m 500h 800h etc have been of inflow. any huge amount coming towards ur application time/print out doesn't great suspicion..im a living witness..my sponsor,my mum,a banker,has her acct running well,towards the day to print her SOA for my visa she distributed N4.9m once without splitting and printed it d next day and i submitted the following day,still i made NO explanation,yet i was never denied of insufficient funds..let people dont complicate and bring doubts for theirselves
NB:dont try the above stated if your acct dosent have good transaction history.it is only a dormant account and all of a sudden 2.3m or 1.5m enters,then its questionable..i see ppl come to my mum and they build up accounts in just 2wks with heavy amounts and still get their visas..NL people atimes they overdo things
@casie thanks for shedding more light.. I was already thinking of how I'll go about all my credit balances that has to do with cheques. What a relief. Thanks once again.... You just saved a brother from having a sleepless night

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) ... (403)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.